"I just... Did you call me a bad word?"Chikafuji Lisa

Termination of Yozora Mel

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Mel is REALLY stupid and kind girl. Having massive laps of judgements because she just assumes good things, instead of using the brain and realizing it's very bad is on brand for her. The most likely scenario is she blubbed something to Kson, thinking it's not a big deal and she will never talk about it, because it would be trouble for Mel and they are good friends, even knowing full well she shouldn't talk about it. Like, "oh, we can't meet up on this date because we will have a concert on that day" level of innocent, but before it was announced and therefore leaking the info. Then Cover found out about it, or even she herself mentioned it, and we have what we have.

The reason given combined with what seems to be a mutual? termination of contract is making me think it is something like you state, but something she keeps doing over several years and won't stop despite being told not to over and over, putting Cover in the position of finally coming to terms that she is just too stupid and there is no way to keep her from making these mistakes.

This would be the kindest, most understandable, and most amusing reason for her termination.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Sucks to wake up to this, as I always liked Mel, but never watched her. It is difficult to have any real opinion on this, as there is no information public aside from the announcement. Compared to the reaction and shitshow that was Rushia's firing, it is surprising how muted this all is.
Look at the comments and see there arent EOPs flooding it also she didnt post anything new since January 13

1-Her fanbase its way smaller
2- EOPs dont really know who Rica is and arent spreading it
3- Rushia had her Hardcore Unicorns who where the ones who bitched the most because they didnt believe it
4-You dont have EN niggas saying shit like :ShE wAs TeRmInAtEd FoR hAvInG a Bf, because there is no info

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Negzana

Wasn't Mel the replacement for Hitomi Chris or was that a different Gen 1 talent? If so that makes this even more ironic

Limkin

The reason given combined with what seems to be a mutual? termination of contract is making me think it is something like you state, but something she keeps doing over several years and won't stop despite being told not to over and over, putting Cover in the position of finally coming to terms that she is just too stupid and there is no way to keep her from making these mistakes.

This would be the kindest, most understandable, and most amusing reason for her termination.
Oh I am definitely not saying it was a one time occurence, just a possible "straw that broke the camel's back" type. And all of them had the same types of interactions. Not out of malice or personal gain, but just sheer naivety and stupidty. I also don't think she will even try to join vshojo, there is nothing for her to gain here. All of her contacts in the industry are personal, she has resources, she has connections, she has intent to keep doing things. They will surely try to snag her, just to restore some reputation or maybe try to break into JP market again, but I see nothing they can offer her. Mel was always more into hanging out with friends irl and not on streams and nothing will change in that regard after termination.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

BEEG Booba Fishing

5. Halloween Night, Tonight! is an even more depressing song now
I've joked about Rushia ruining the song before, but now I'm wondering if it's the song itself cursing these girls, like a Mario Party collab compressed in music form. It better not target Shion or Choco next though.

Hopefully things between Mel and Choco don't change for the worst because of this, we'll see if interactions between their RM stay the same or not.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
Wasn't Mel the replacement for Hitomi Chris or was that a different Gen 1 talent? If so that makes this even more ironic
Yeah she was the sub for that situation
Oh I am definitely not saying it was a one time occurence, just a possible "straw that broke the camel's back" type. And all of them had the same types of interactions. Not out of malice or personal gain, but just sheer naivety and stupidty. I also don't think she will even try to join vshojo, there is nothing for her to gain here. All of her contacts in the industry are personal, she has resources, she has connections, she has intent to keep doing things. They will surely try to snag her, just to restore some reputation or maybe try to break into JP market again, but I see nothing they can offer her. Mel was always more into hanging out with friends irl and not on streams and nothing will change in that regard after termination.
I really wanna buy your rrat but that would mean that maybe my dear Choco Sensei its at risk and thats something i dont wanna think about :yagoocry:
Also you know, nobody resists a good bag of money

frz

2. This doesn't seem as dire as Rushia's situation. There she was nuked from orbit and permanently tainted. Mel being able to apologize about her termination either means Hololive doesn't want to be as cold as with Rushia's or what she did wasn't as damaging. This seems to make sense given rrats are Rushia potentially doxxed her own friends while Mel seems to have just said offhand inner workings of the company?
Honestly it could be as bad as Rushia. She's not getting a graduation stream after all and she may not even be added into the alumni list?
The only difference is that Hololive can trust Mel's last message to be responsible so they allow her to write it. Meanwhile you can't trust Mikeneko, she will come out swinging and screaming if you let her talk :gurasemperfi: She threw shit at Henya on her way out of Vshojo lmao.
Look at the comments and see there arent EOPs flooding it also she didnt post anything new since January 13

1-Her fanbase its way smaller
2- EOPs dont really know who Rica is and arent spreading it
3- Rushia had her Hardcore Unicorns who where the ones who bitched the most because they didnt believe it
4-You dont have EN niggas saying shit like :ShE wAs TeRmInAtEd FoR hAvInG a Bf, because there is no info

2- I dont think EOPs even knows who Mel is.
4- There're alot of spamming on 4ch with "She was terminated for interacting with holostars". But people just ignore it cuz it's usual unicorns shit.

Negzana

I've joked about Rushia ruining the song before, but now I'm wondering if it's the song itself cursing these girls, like a Mario Party collab compressed in music form. It better not target Shion or Choco next though.

Hopefully things between Mel and Choco don't change for the worst because of this, we'll see if interactions between their RM stay the same or not.

Yeah she was the sub for that situation

I really wanna buy your rrat but that would mean that maybe my dear Choco Sensei its at risk and thats something i dont wanna think about :yagoocry:
Also you know, nobody resists a good bag of money
Album_Cover_Art_-_Halloween_Night,_Tonight! (1).jpg

I actually quite like Shion but yeah, sorry, she's next. Her saying she would be on indefinite hiatus is the first sign.

Limkin

Full rrat time - Kotoka is graduating soon and was planning to ask Holo girls around if there is a reason to join, or it's all the same shit, and Mel being a sweetheart she is blubbered all the contract info. Then she realized it's something very bad, asked for forgiveness and came out with it herself to Yagoo, which is why she is terminated, but no one has any ill feelings towards her and very well understand it couldn't go any other way. Kotoka will be in new HoloJP gen in the next 6 months

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Only in the sense that she was retroactively added to Gen 1 afterwards. Mel actually debuted before Gen 1 did.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Someone's gotta strap Proctor to a no sleep machine at this point.
Ask the man what does he want - a year's supply of his favorite coffee or a pallet full of energy drinks?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
The only difference is that Hololive can trust Mel's last message to be responsible so they allow her to write it. Meanwhile you can't trust Mikeneko, she will come out swinging and screaming if you let her talk
Nah. No way she still had access to her twitter account after the announcement was made. The good bye sure comes from Mel but she did not post it herself.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Ask the man what does he want - a year's supply of his favorite coffee or a pallet full of energy drinks?
We know of someone who can hook Proctor up with coffee

frz

Nah. No way she still had access to her twitter account after the announcement was made. The good bye sure comes from Mel but she did not post it herself.
I changed my statement then
They'd have to rewrite the entire thing for mikeneko and people will figure out it's not her anymore for the lack of shitflinging :smugpipi:
Man, I can't help but admire Cover's PR ability these days. So they have to perform a shock termination. Step one they get as many talents briefed as they can. They bite the bullet and do the termination, and I saw a lot of shock and even budding anger among the fanbase. But then immediately they have three company influencers in Yagoo, A-chan, and Nodoka posting to soften the blow, then the Gen 1 stream which they get their in house translator to sub within 3 hours, then the statement from the terminated talent herself. All the talents not involved are briefed and prepared to say something when it inevitably comes up on stream.

And then they can, after a day or so, go on with business as usual. It's actually kind of crazy that they can go on with business as usual. I know these things pass quickly but back in the day a Hololive scandal took a week or two to blow over. Right now it's like 6 hours on and people are mostly just sad.

Of course, ultimately they're judged by how justifiable people feel their decision was, but even handling that is somewhat impressive because there is just enough info to hint at potential reasons but not enough to let the audience morally judge the situation.
It's not just their PR department. It's reaping the years of building good will towards the community. Noone would give a shit if Riku retweeted shit because he did not put in the leg work yagoo/nodoka/a-chan did.
they can go on with business as usual
Tbf niji went on business as usual after they stealth suspend selen and graduated pomu. :smugselen:

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Man, I can't help but admire Cover's PR ability these days. So they have to perform a shock termination. Step one they get as many talents briefed as they can. They bite the bullet and do the termination, and I saw a lot of shock and even budding anger among the fanbase. But then immediately they have three company influencers in Yagoo, A-chan, and Nodoka posting to soften the blow, then the Gen 1 stream which they get their in house translator to sub within 3 hours, then the statement from the terminated talent herself. All the talents not involved are briefed and prepared to say something when it inevitably comes up on stream.

And then they can, after a day or so, go on with business as usual. It's actually kind of crazy that they can go on with business as usual. I know these things pass quickly but back in the day a Hololive scandal took a week or two to blow over. Right now it's like 6 hours on and people are mostly just sad.

Of course, ultimately they're judged by how justifiable people feel their decision was, but even handling that is somewhat impressive because there is just enough info to hint at potential reasons but not enough to let the audience morally judge the situation.

Negzana

I feel comfortable to know at least all my favorite holomems are too wise, business savvy, or old to make these mistakes. Only one I worry about is Haachama due to her health issues, but otherwise I don't think I'll ever have to see my oshis get terminated or force graduated.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Given that there was no suspension for an investigation, it makes me wonder if it was either self-reported, or Mel admitted to it right away. Also, since people were streaming right before and right after, they surely knew this was coming, at least within the last week.

bothyourhouses

Someone who speaks nip like murray confirm this please. Though it doesn't mean much, you know how nips are with "they chose to leave" situations.
I wouldn't say that translation is wrong, but the Japanese is not quite that explicit. I'd read it as, like, "Out of respect and mutual understanding with the talent" or something.

The black case that I'd be worried about is if it was because she talked about having been harassed by Hololive staff in the past. They've gradually been scrubbing that part of the history (e.g. the old announcements about it have been taken down) - I'm thinking a scenario like she mentioned something about what happened to a friend and Holo told her "no, we agreed to draw a line under this, you can't talk about it to anyone" and she didn't want to go along with that. As much as I'd like to just trust Hololive, this "confidential information" line is one they've used before (with Rushia) and I'm skeptical that it may just mean anything that puts them in a bad light.

Top Bottom