"Kill yourself, immediately"Kiryu Coco

Termination of Yozora Mel

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Ok, so how did Lumi cause this one too?

Ensok

Early Adopter
Just saw the news about Mel myself. That really sucks. In total honesty I almost never watched her but it still sucks, especially since she was from Gen 1. And being terminated instead of her choosing to leave just makes it all feel worse.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Ok, so how did Lumi cause this one too?
Mel is kolibri_
Mel was going to dox all holo members after she was done with phase. Lumi found out. She killed her. The termination is a cover.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
sheer coincidence, nothing more.jpg

Coincidence, nothing more... (why on earth is Kobo listed as 'Business and finance'?)

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
After thinking on it a bit it seems like the most likely explanation is a mix of the offence being mild, Japanese corpo autism being Japanese corpo autism and good PR to avoid black company accusations that plague Cover's competitors. I know it is probably wasn't possible because of the aforementioned autism, but if everything is so amicable it's kind of stupid that they didn't just get her to sign a resignation and an NDA before going ahead with a fake graduation. Questionable ethically? Maybe, but in my opinion the obvious best move they had available.

You can criticise the logic of entering a contract regarding secrets with someone who just violated one, but there could always be harsh breach penalties to give Cover some peace of mind. And to continue the game theory, what would they stand to lose from this decision? It gets revealed that Cover allowed the Banpire to save face and fall on her sword? Isn't Japan all about that shit anyway? So based on the information we have I think they made a good move but not the best move they could have. B+ Cover, but that could easily fall to a failing grade if it comes out that what was leaked was so minor that it should have been forgiven.
No that's actually a terrible move. If they actually did that, a lot of people would smell the BS from a mile away considering that within the past couple of weeks she mentioned all the things she would be doing for the year. The way they handled this is actually, unironically, the best thing they could've done. You want to at least have the perception out there that you won't lie to the audience about certain things. So coming out as clean as possible with this kind of thing actually just helps your image rather than harming it. If it ever came out that Mel was actually terminated but Cover lied then it would do irreparable damage to the brand itself. The risks do not outweigh the rewards especially because you can never be sure someone won't leak to 3rd parties as we can clearly see was supposedly done here.

Cover could be lying through their teeth and we'd hardly ever know the exact details, but just look at what lying about simple things like suspensions has gotten Niji these days. People eventually can tell because it's actually difficult to lie with so many eyes watching you. Now people assume stealth suspensions happen and they have 0 benefit of the doubt.

Art tributes are rolling in now
>Aloe
She was around for what, like, a month? I've never understood the 'never forget Aloe' people and I don't think I ever will. She really made no impact or lasting impression. I'm sure she would've been great had she stayed considering how good Delta is, but as things stand she's just a really good wasted model.

Koronesuki

X-Potato

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Mio's currently doing a members stream. She spent the first 30 minutes talking only about Mel and how she feels. Sorry that's it's a jumbled mess but Mio was sniffling and holding back tears the entire time and that definitely fucked me up.
23178.png

• It came as a complete shock to her. She cried hard but had to get herself to take a bath and calm down
  • Out of all the Holo graduations, Mel was the one Mio was closest to and played with most. Between stuff like Minecraft and the TTRPGs, they did a lot together and became very close.
  • Can't blame anyone for being angry at the suddenness of it all. She was really just confused and heartbroken though.
  • The time they spent together won't go away so she only wanted to say thank you. Just gotta keep going ahead while cherishing the memories made along the way.
  • Hololive is starting to stand out much more. Marine with 3 million subs, Pekora as the most watched female streamer, Suisei doing everything she's doing. This is both a good and a bad thing.
  • Mel was just... a good person to her. And she'll always appreciate that.
  • She doesn't know when or if they can talk again but she wants to keep in touch somehow. She tried to message her one last time on Discord but the account was already gone by the time she tried. She almost burst into tears talking about it.
  • She wanted to go back to normal streaming like everyone was saying but couldn't really do that. She also wanted to do a karaoke for Mel but knew she'd be a crying mess. Tomorrow she thinks she'll be okay.
  • No matter what Mel did, it just kinda hurts all around that it had to happen. She thinks it was the same with Rushia.
  • It's different from Coco cause the dragon stopped when she wanted. Even though Mio tried her hardest to convince Coco to stay and failed, they at least got to have one final conversation.
  • But at least with Mel, the regret of not doing enough collabs isn't there like it was with Coco and Rushia.
  • Because graduations are rare in Holo, it's always shocking when they do happen. Hololive feels like a giant family to her so a graduation is like a ripple that affects everyone. You can never get used to the feeling of a talent just suddenly disappearing and ideally you won't have to. Chat started begging for her to not disappear after this.
  • This is a rough start to 2024 but she still wants to do her best and look forward with a positive mindset.
I wasn't even aware that Mel and Mio were that close but jesus man. I hope I never have to hear hag wolf like this ever again :inatiredl:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Hey Proctor there's this upstanding vtuber called Chris Cocks (I'm not kidding that's his real name), he's also the ceo of hasbro, you should look into him, give him your full support.

UberSoldat

• Because graduations are rare in Holo, it's always shocking when they do happen. Hololive feels like a giant family
I know women are more emotional and camaraderie between employees is certainly a thing, but like I said before, no such thing as a "family" in this context

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Hey Proctor have you ever considered having politicians and corporate leaders as oshis? Just wondering. :pekok:
Kissinger has only been dead a few months, he needs time.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I know women are more emotional and camaraderie between employees is certainly a thing, but like I said before, no such thing as a "family" in this context
Weird to focus on that because I am more surprised that she thinks so highly of Rushia that she compares their situations when its clear for everyone to see that Mikeneko isnt a normal human being and Rica/Mel is an actual sweetheart

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Of all people it had to be Mel, and with Holofes just around the corner, now comes the wait to see if she get Damnatio or not like Rushia

Someone rrated in my discord that Cover noticed someone leaked some kind of information at the last minute, pinpointed to mel and let her choose between getting the Stars treatment (ironic considering she lurked a lot with them) or waste shitload of money and time on litigations and she choose to leave

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
This just makes me think if Rushia was so Menhera she was denied the ability to make one final statement or if she leaked something worse somehow

Negzana

Weird to focus on that because I am more surprised that she thinks so highly of Rushia that she compares their situations when its clear for everyone to see that Mikeneko isnt a normal human being and Rica/Mel is an actual sweetheart
I assume before her termination holomems behind the scenes just saw her as a bit cold, distant, and dim but not psychotic. They saw her termination as a tragedy of circumstances. It's only been the months after where Mikeneko's terminal menhera really shined.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This just makes me think if Rushia was so Menhera she was denied the ability to make one final statement or if she leaked something worse somehow
It could just be that Cover has improved their PR skills over the last few years.

niggaphil

At least there are no Hololive talents continuously tweeting out that they being the part of Hololive family in such hard time, unlike some Black company

Limkin

Rushia was ratted to Cover by dramatubers themselves. Apparently it was something so bad they decided the only way for them to act is to blame everything on her and act like she willingly and unprompted told them about it. Cover really didn't do much during that drama, she broke so many rules that everyone around her was throwing her under just to save their own ass. And there were alleged messages she sent to dramatubers how she is going to ruin the company and shit. As much as I am unwilling to believe them at their word, she is just enough menhera where it could be true

Negzana

It could just be that Cover has improved their PR skills over the last few years.
Cover could have platinum PR skills and it doesn't matter when it comes to Rushia

Top Bottom