"I'm a fast l... well, I am a learner"IRyS

Termination of Yozora Mel

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I know women are more emotional and camaraderie between employees is certainly a thing, but like I said before, no such thing as a "family" in this context
If you mean the context of Hololive being a Japanese corpo and management having to do decisions for business and profit then yeah I agree. I also wouldn't say something retarded like every single talent is buddy-buddy with each other and are the best of friends. But I think it's common sense to say that employees can become friends and friends can eventually become close enough to feel like family, especially after enduring multiple challenges together over the course of years. And there are many such cases of that happening in Hololive. If you think Calli wouldn't ride or die for Myth or that Subaru and Okayu aren't basically sisters at this point then I dunno man. I know most people on this site prefer to be pessimistic but I'd rather believe genuine bonds can happen from vtubing.

Weird to focus on that because I am more surprised that she thinks so highly of Rushia that she compares their situations when its clear for everyone to see that Mikeneko isnt a normal human being and Rica/Mel is an actual sweetheart
I wouldn't take the Rushia stuff too much to heart. Mio was just kinda letting her feelings out and saying what came to mind.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
I know women are more emotional and camaraderie between employees is certainly a thing, but like I said before, no such thing as a "family" in this context
If Mio feels sad about Rushia
Imagine how she feels about Mel who has been for literally the double amount of time

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Weird to focus on that because I am more surprised that she thinks so highly of Rushia that she compares their situations when its clear for everyone to see that Mikeneko isnt a normal human being and Rica/Mel is an actual sweetheart
Rushia is menhera and the other Holos know this, but she was still their friend.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
The year has barely started and Ironmouse has double her pool of candidates for Vshoujo: Pomu, Mika, Mel and Mattpatt, her powers grow every time she get a new model

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The year has barely started and Ironmouse has double her pool of candidates for Vshoujo: Pomu, Mika, Mel and Mattpatt, her powers grow every time she get a new model
If Mel got into VSJ it would be funny if she got better numbers than Nazuna somehow

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Just say it how it is. Mike is a snake. The woman embodies all the "woman moment" jokes with how much of a bitch she is to others.

At least there are no Hololive talents continuously tweeting out that they being the part of Hololive family in such hard time, unlike some Black company

:BijouBijou:

She's talking specifically about HoloEN, but still.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
If Mel got into VSJ it would be funny if she got better numbers than Nazuna somehow
Considering Mel is not a menhera i would not be surprised if she does, also contrary to Miguel, Mel doesnt give a shit about collabing with Penis havers so by extension there is 90% she can meet the orc again

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Seeing Mel's termination notice was very unexpected, from the clips and the few streams i watched from her, she seemed like a sweetheart and was very liked by her coworkers in Hololive and by her vtuber friends from outside aswell. It can't be helped but seeing her go without a proper graduation sucks so much.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
It would help that her an Kson are actual friends so their collabs wouldnt be as akward and that she could actually collab with all of their male orbiters

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
If you mean the context of Hololive being a Japanese corpo and management having to do decisions for business and profit then yeah I agree. I also wouldn't say something retarded like every single talent is buddy-buddy with each other and are the best of friends. But I think it's common sense to say that employees can become friends and friends can eventually become close enough to feel like family, especially after enduring multiple challenges together over the course of years. And there are many such cases of that happening in Hololive. If you think Calli wouldn't ride or die for Myth or that Subaru and Okayu aren't basically sisters at this point then I dunno man. I know most people on this site prefer to be pessimistic but I'd rather believe genuine bonds can happen from vtubing.

I wouldn't take the Rushia stuff too much to heart. Mio was just kinda letting her feelings out and saying what came to mind.
Rushia is menhera and the other Holos know this, but she was still their friend.

But
Just say it how it is. Mike is a snake. The woman embodies all the "woman moment" jokes with how much of a bitch she is to others
Maybe i am not woman enough to understand the situation

The Rratarded Alt

The one thing that bothers me about all this is that they will definitely nuke her presence, since this wasn't a real graduation. Like, I get that since she didn't get a proper graduate from fucking up, I still wish they would have given her alum status for the sake of the fans.

Negzana

Just say it how it is. Mike is a snake. The woman embodies all the "woman moment" jokes with how much of a bitch she is to others.

:BijouBijou:

She's talking specifically about HoloEN, but still.

Being a snake would imply she does all of her antics with intent, planning, and precision

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This just makes me think if Rushia was so Menhera she was denied the ability to make one final statement or if she leaked something worse somehow

She just had to shut up for 3 days because her main staff contacts were likely off work. She made everything 10x worse and likely forced Cover's hand as much as anything else.

Rushia was ratted to Cover by dramatubers themselves. Apparently it was something so bad they decided the only way for them to act is to blame everything on her and act like she willingly and unprompted told them about it. Cover really didn't do much during that drama, she broke so many rules that everyone around her was throwing her under just to save their own ass. And there were alleged messages she sent to dramatubers how she is going to ruin the company and shit. As much as I am unwilling to believe them at their word, she is just enough menhera where it could be true

The drama farmers will farm drama, but they have significant legal liability in Japan on a number of topics. They'd have gone to Cover to cover (heh) their own asses. They weren't there to go down with the ship.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
The one thing that bothers me about all this is that they will definitely nuke her presence, since this wasn't a real graduation. Like, I get that since she didn't get a proper graduate from fucking up, I still wish they would have given her alum status for the sake of the fans.
That's the curse of being a corpo. All that hard work, brand recognition and marketing achievements will go down the day you walk out of that skinsuit. Almost 6 years that will only be recognized by a very small niche of curious peeps, like us, and her biggest fans. That's why, usually, they can't carry over their numbers to a new persona - even kson couldn't (her content is worse as of today so it's not a great example, I know).

The Rratarded Alt

But

Maybe i am not woman enough to understand the situation

Being a snake would imply she does all of her antics with intent, planning, and precision
Yeah, I am sure she unintentionally responded to Henya's well wishes by implying she ghosted her (after ghosting Henya for months, herself) and unintentionally started shit with Delutaya because she was jealous of Delu's success.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Yeah, I am sure she unintentionally responded to Henya's well wishes by implying she ghosted her (after ghosting Henya for months, herself) and unintentionally started shit with Delutaya because she was jealous of Delu's success.
I was talking about still being friends with a Snake :BijouBijou:
Or at least consider her someone close to you
I am not enough of a woman to understand that

The Rratarded Alt

I was talking about still being friends with a Snake :BijouBijou:
Or at least consider her someone close to you
I am not enough of a woman to understand that
I cut out my reply to you by accident. I meant to say I think they stay friends with people like Miguel because they are too nice. The same reason Kson tolerated her for a year because she is too nice.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
If someone who actually speaks chingchong could summarise this for us after the fact I'd appreciate it.
It's subtitled, but they were speaking slowly enough that those with moderate Japanese skills could understand. They were all pretty upset, Matsuri was the worst sounding.

Limkin

I cut out my reply to you by accident. I meant to say I think they stay friends with people like Miguel because they are too nice. The same reason Kson tolerated her for a year because she is too nice.
Kson tolerated her because she has a white savior complex and a corpo-hate brainworm completely consuming her brain. You can sell her on as many bs as you want if you just say that corpo abused you. But even for her there was too much evidence after a year that she was just lied to and it was all Rushia's fault

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Also if anyone can translate this section of the JP announcement:
View attachment 61646

Rumors and MTL seem to indicate there's a line about "after reaching an agreement with the talent" that didn't make it into the EN announcement, but I don't trust internet rumors or translation apps for shit like this.

Here is the translation:

As for "Yozora Mel," we have been found her to be in breach of contract by leaking confidential information obtained from our company and correspondence to a third party without our permission. We have decided to make this decision after reaching an agreement with the talent concerned.
We have determined that it is difficult to continue our management and support of "Mel Yozora" as a company, and have chosen to make this decision upon reaching an agreement with the talent in question.

The translation is accurate.

Top Bottom