"I really hate you! I've had it with you! You fucker!"Tenjin Kotone (to Matsuri)

Termination of Yozora Mel

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
1705389220756760.jpg

Rest in Peace in advance, Ougaman :(
:pippasadl: I hate that the possibility isn't 0% but I can at least hope he'll be in a much better situation if it comes down to graduation decision

Man, I can't help but admire Cover's PR ability these days. So they have to perform a shock termination. Step one they get as many talents briefed as they can. They bite the bullet and do the termination, and I saw a lot of shock and even budding anger among the fanbase. But then immediately they have three company influencers in Yagoo, A-chan, and Nodoka posting to soften the blow, then the Gen 1 stream which they get their in house translator to sub within 3 hours, then the statement from the terminated talent herself. All the talents not involved are briefed and prepared to say something when it inevitably comes up on stream.

And then they can, after a day or so, go on with business as usual. It's actually kind of crazy that they can go on with business as usual. I know these things pass quickly but back in the day a Hololive scandal took a week or two to blow over. Right now it's like 6 hours on and people are mostly just sad.

Of course, ultimately they're judged by how justifiable people feel their decision was, but even handling that is somewhat impressive because there is just enough info to hint at potential reasons but not enough to let the audience morally judge the situation.
If they didn't learn anything after the whole rushia/aloe incident I would start my doubt against the company too ngl
All that's left is people flinging out rrat over at /vt/ or some other random boards and will probably die down in a few days because they ran out of gossip material

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
I feel comfortable to know at least all my favorite holomems are too wise, business savvy, or old to make these mistakes. Only one I worry about is Haachama due to her health issues, but otherwise I don't think I'll ever have to see my oshis get terminated or force graduated.
Meanwhile, there's me, who oshis two of EN's biggest blabber-mouths in the hopetard and orange woman.

niggaphil

Meanwhile, there's me, who oshis two of EN's biggest blabber-mouths in the hopetard and orange woman.
Hey, at least they didn't spill the info that what happened to Gura/Vesper/Magni behind the scene :smugselen:

Not-Username

Look at the comments and see there arent EOPs flooding it also she didnt post anything new since January 13

1-Her fanbase its way smaller
2- EOPs dont really know who Rica is and arent spreading it
3- Rushia had her Hardcore Unicorns who where the ones who bitched the most because they didnt believe it
4-You dont have EN niggas saying shit like :ShE wAs TeRmInAtEd FoR hAvInG a Bf, because there is no info

It would be so funny if Mel ACTUALLY got a BF.
Moved in with him and forgot to tell management.
Therefore said BF couldn't get pulled for signing a NDA.
And the condition for "no termination" was "move out at least temporarily until all is sorted out"

:cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Art tributes are rolling in now

(got some sad memories coming back...oh, also Rushia happened)

Bronze

I feel comfortable to know at least all my favorite holomems are too wise, business savvy, or old to make these mistakes. Only one I worry about is Haachama due to her health issues, but otherwise I don't think I'll ever have to see my oshis get terminated or force graduated.
Challenging "The Blood Year of 2024" I see. You are bold, I'll give you that much.
Given that there was no suspension for an investigation, it makes me wonder if it was either self-reported, or Mel admitted to it right away. Also, since people were streaming right before and right after, they surely knew this was coming, at least within the last week.
Some at least knew yesterday allegedly. Don't know the part of stream for it

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Challenging "The Blood Year of 2024" I see. You are bold, I'll give you that much.

Some at least knew yesterday allegedly.

This isn't exactly accurate, Mel streamed the night before yesterday (the stream where she write message for every talents), not on the night when she got terminated.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

0:54 from Fubuki's announcement stream. The EN CCs are "We only heard about this late last night".

Edit: As White Stone says, Mel's last stream was on 14 January JST at night. If we assume the decision to terminate was made after her last stream, and not before as the tweet speculates, the decision was made on 15 January.

Last edited:

Negzana

I know 2024 would be the year of the final yab since like 2022, maybe earlier, but unless Haachama's health issues appear again or Lui gets in trouble for grooming a boy to impregnate her or something, I don't see a major graduation happening. Watame is utterly yabless, Aki is too smart to yab, and Kaela is too autistic about rules and business to fuck up.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

20240116_080306.png

Translation of Mel's list of EN members (take with bucket of salt, naturally)

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

There were these 2 pretty bad Jason Statham movies called "Crank" where he had to keep his heart rate high to avoid dying. We're going to need to talk to Proctor about somethings, haha.

All examples of graduations carried some kind of contractual obligations in their aftermath: like getting paid for merch that was not already shipped and etc.
Also that would mean to get mentioned as an Alumni wich is a pretty big deal because MAGNI and VESPER are Alumnis but Mel its not going to be one
Without clear info its really hard to determine what its the reason of the leak, the motivations and what ever was the info leaked so there are only rrats to rely on:
I am going to watch JP Dramatubers to find if one of them say something specific about Holo

The problem for any Vtuber company is the Music. Music Rights are these complex legal affairs because they're the oldest form of copyable media. Thus they have to have Exit Agreements in place.

Mel is REALLY stupid and kind girl. Having massive laps of judgements because she just assumes good things, instead of using the brain and realizing it's very bad is on brand for her. The most likely scenario is she blubbed something to Kson, thinking it's not a big deal and she will never talk about it, because it would be trouble for Mel and they are good friends, even knowing full well she shouldn't talk about it. Like, "oh, we can't meet up on this date because we will have a concert on that day" level of innocent, but before it was announced and therefore leaking the info. Then Cover found out about it, or even she herself mentioned it, and we have what we have.
Also I am pretty sure she released more music and more well known as Rica/kurenekodatten, she even worked with faketype on her album and Ollie's artist did illustration for it. Her role in Holo was very much "first collab partner" and just being friends with others. It's not the Rushia kind of situation, where you have a golden throne snapped under you and throwing you into a dumpster. She will be fine.

I wonder if Mel choose the termination rather than some other option. Will be interesting to see if we hear anything.

The reason given combined with what seems to be a mutual? termination of contract is making me think it is something like you state, but something she keeps doing over several years and won't stop despite being told not to over and over, putting Cover in the position of finally coming to terms that she is just too stupid and there is no way to keep her from making these mistakes.

This would be the kindest, most understandable, and most amusing reason for her termination.

It's entirely possible there's been a long running issue and it finally came to a head. I think the really important bit is she had Sponsored Streams upcoming. Cover is pretty much an Influencer company at this point and Japanese Companies are notoriously prickly & annoying to work with. It's actually a lot more of the Rushia situation, if that's the case.

There was a high schooler in the States that was really good at chemistry. He figured out you could extract a small amount of radioactive material from Fire Alarms. He managed to make a neutron "gun", completely irradiate his shed and the Nuclear Regulatory Committee had to get involved. Haachama is going out in some way that requires TEPCO involvement. We all know it.

It would be so funny if Mel ACTUALLY got a BF.
Moved in with him and forgot to tell management.
Therefore said BF couldn't get pulled for signing a NDA.
And the condition for "no termination" was "move out at least temporarily until all is sorted out"

:cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae:

I was going to bring up that it's entirely likely to be somehow related to personal relationships. I just hope it isn't something where a big sponsor caused issues because she shot down one of their corporate types. As much as "Japanese Corporation" issues are a thing, hiding behind that for petty personal reasons is also, absolutely, an issue in the world.

@masterstocking wow, they let her have a Graduation stream. Okay, yeah, this was something agreed to by both parties. I think the Rrat will settle on something that had been brewing for a while, and Mel just looked at her time obligations and felt this was the way to go.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Negzana

Kaela's tweet

The day her or Watame graduate is the day I am done with vtubing

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
What a way to wake up...

Admittedly, Mel is one of my least watched Holomems, so this didn't hit me as hard, but it's still sad to see. From the bits I did watch of her, I did like her. It's a shame to see such a longtime member of Holo getting suddenly terminated like this. Curious about the details of what she was doing, but given the official responses and she was able to leave behind a note, it doesn't seem like she did anything with the intention of being malicious.

I don't really have much more to say other than it's a shame this happened, and I wish her the best in her future.

PemAloeKenzoku

I only saw Mel through mostly clips or colabs and she seemed like an absolute sweetheart. Hopefully she has a comfortable and productive next life in vtubing, or whatever she chooses to do from here on

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
At least they let her say goodbye. Uh progress....

0101.png

I know she wasn't a big megastar but cmon Proctor

I can now reveal that Mel was fired for telling people her real thoughts on Koreans and Ayame is next.

Dear god I hope Ayame is next, because any other alternative is too horrifying to consider.

Last edited:

httn

Hag enthusiast
Art mama Ayamy having a good cry session on stream right now.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Only one I worry about is Haachama due to her health issues, but otherwise I don't think I'll ever have to see my oshis get terminated or force graduated.
Lmao, I weep for the safety of the dude that even tries to WARN Chammers, firing her would lead to her setting off a third nuke in Japan this time in the cover corp HQ.

Top Bottom