"I can see her in the reflection of your eyes!"Ouro Kronii

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
near the end started opening up collabs with guys which to my understanding they started the company by saying no male collabs would ever happen.
Reina had a lot of male collabs afaik the rule was no 1 on 1 male collabs and no one sperged at Reina for her collabs as far as I can tell, and the only one with ultra hostile unicorns was always Nene.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Second, pandering to unicorns. GFE is usually a safe bet to get yourself whales but it's a double edged sword, you'll lose them just as quickly if you make a mistake. Kawaii had a few boyfriend yabs with their weird 3.5 gen and near the end started opening up collabs with guys which to my understanding they started the company by saying no male collabs would ever happen.
I mean, one girl had a male collab like 3 weeks ago. Im sure the decision to close shop was made before thus why collabs in general happened more frequently in the last weeks. I agree for the rest though.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Hard disagree. It is much harder now, that's for sure, but there will always be a market for group management of talents, and as long as that market exists, there will be orgs created to fill the need.
I think that model of "corpo launching regular waves" is dying and not viable anymore. Definitely not for startups. Big corpos (starting with holo) will maybe launch new wave once a year, when sufficient number of existing talents left, just roughly maintaining overall number and growing their business otherwise.
edit: i mean in a few years when and if market stabilize

If anything right now is the perfect time to start a corpo. You just gain any attraction and then fleece Brave for money, exactly how Silicon Valley worked for quite a while with numerous tech startups on shit that noone will ever need/use. Looking at you "big data" and now "AI".
I think it's already a bit late for pump&dump too. Brave already have a ton of vtubers and it seems they have no idea what to do with them.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
View attachment 80298
Kek Kawaiifags are pissed at Proctor, how many bets that this is niganon?
View attachment 80299
also I agree
image.png

ALL OF THEM, THE 1 VIEWS, THE 2 VIEWS, THE LIGS, THE CORPOS, THE HOORTUBERS TOO

1728441850038.png

Last edited:

Grandmaster Robin

Reina had a lot of male collabs afaik the rule was no 1 on 1 male collabs and no one sperged at Reina for her collabs as far as I can tell, and the only one with ultra hostile unicorns was always Nene.
The Kawaii girls are stupid and listen to /vt/, if unicorns are sperging on the kawaii board you can bet they're reading it

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Third, failure in networking. The girls never made any important connections or collabs, and the few times they had popout collabs they never followed through. The only constant connection they had was maybe Nami with her Niji friends but nowadays being friends with Niji is a debuff. Near the end they realized this and tried going for more networking but it backfired on them due to unicorns. A few months ago there was going to be a vtuber GTA RP server and Mint was supposed to take part in it. Now the issue is that males would also be present. The Kawaii girls knew their unicorns wouldn't be happy but decided that getting even an inch closer to Mint would be better than nothing, only that Mint cancelled last minute so now the girls had publicly shown they would throw their unicorns away. There was some backlash, enough that people like Shee were doomposting on twitter from the hate they were getting.
And of course we can't forget about gen 3. Gen 3 was lightning in a bottle for Kawaii, finally they had more talents than just Nene earning money for the company. If management had listened to the girls and let them do their own thing I'm sure Kawaii would have survived. It's easy to see how much money they lost looking at the quality drop in models with their Gen 3.5
This is the big one. They isolated themselves too much from the rest of the small corpo world, and never capitalized on any opportunities to get their name out there. Granted, this alone would have been survivable, even if it was a path toward stagnation.

The fallout of Gen 3 was what killed most interest in the company, I would say. Even people who don't know anything about Kawaii might know it as "that corpo where a whole gen walked out". Gen 3 were clearly trying to innovate on the content, but management thumbed it down (this isn't rrating, this is pretty much the officially stated reason for the split), despite how they were doing pretty well.

They realized their mistake of not deviating from their original idol-centric formula too late. Holo is sometimes accused by people who don't know better of being basically idols with anime avatars, but I would argue Kawaii was much closer to that in practice than any other EN corpo. They became a subsidiary of another company after the Gen 3 debacle, and tried to go in a different direction with Ephemira, but it was too late.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

That's it? Just Prism style disbandment and everyone goes home? I was promised MEANGIRL CATFIGHTS GOD DAMNIT!
Nah, that comes later between a few weeks to a few months.
I do find the mention of Hexa kinda odd in that. @naganon ?
It would be truly amusing if Naganon went on his Chase arc, where you can spot him in the wild by him randomly bringing one specific person out of nowhere like how Chase always fixates on @some fag potentially killled by hurricane milton.
I wouldn't be surprised if she did it other ways too
The fact that she debuted 8 months after Holo's Nene and named herself Nene looks less like a happy accident and more like intentional leeching after hearing about the Ina and Sana shit she pulled.
it's only okay when phase does it.

also pay no attention to the fact Rie and Remi have "I really like and enjoy vtubers from Hololive" and "I'm a fan of Hololive" in their descriptions to boost the algorithm.

Yeah, that's so wrong to do.

frz

I think it's already a bit late for pump&dump too. Brave already have a ton of vtubers and it seems they have no idea what to do with them.
They buy because they have no idea what they are doing and they will continue buying until one day they finally realized buying is not "what to do". That day can be 3 years from now, or even 10.
They don't understand how the industry work, how to reinforce their current vtubers and will just buy more and more for fake "growth" to please investors until they run out of patience. But what they have in exchange is a fuck ton of investors money that unless they heavily mismanaged/CEO pocketed them, they can afford to buy for years to come.

RiverBear

Well then. I guess we all owe Proctor an apology
For the first time, he wasn't talking out of his ass

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think that model of "corpo launching regular waves" is dying and not viable anymore. Definitely not for startups. Big corpos (starting with holo) will maybe launch new wave once a year, when sufficient number of existing talents left, just roughly maintaining overall number and growing their business otherwise.
Brave would like to have a word with you.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I agree with that, as that model is very risky if the person making the wave has a bad eye for talent. It also risks siphoning too many fans from the other girls of the company, as they are the audiences that get cannibalized first. Though whatever phase pulled off with Gen 3 managed to increase the CCV of all the phase girls, it's not like it's a terrible strategy so long as the CEO is competent and doesn't spam them out.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
They buy because they have no idea what they are doing and they will continue buying until one day they finally realized buying is not "what to do". That day can be 3 years from now, or even 10.
They don't understand how the industry work, how to reinforce their current vtubers and will just buy more and more for fake "growth" to please investors until they run out of patience. But what they have in exchange is a fuck ton of investors money that unless they heavily mismanaged/CEO pocketed them, they can afford to buy for years to come.
Brave would like to have a word with you.
Fair, but as a startup it's horrible idea to assume that brave won't stop buying today.

RiverBear

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
The Phasefag wants more invaders so they can grow their hypothetical Phase based Harem

I want these girls to be poached because I think Phase going under or being bought out by Brave would be funny and that would extend the dead corpo combo of a number of girls

We are not the same
>"The Phasefag..."

>
Screenshot-2024-10-08-195908.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

God's Strongest Dragoon

The Phasefag wants more invaders so they can grow their hypothetical Phase based Harem

I want these girls to be poached because I think Phase going under or being bought out by Brave would be funny and that would extend the dead corpo combo of a number of girls

We are not the same
I don't watch Kawaii so I know nothing about the girls but from everything I've heard, I really hope Fish didn't pick any of them up.
And no, please do not "imagine if he picked up Nene Amano". I do not want to imagine that.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
So has any pictoral ebidance been produced about Nene being a giant bitch behind the scenes? How about any of the other Kawaii girls? 🤔
Its very similar to the rumors around Lumi, at least with her several of the girls from CyberLive came out over the years to make direct accusations, they were all dumb as fuck and clearly from a place of envy because Lumi was picked to be the manager but they stopped shitting up /vt/ with retarded rumors and put their faces to the accusations.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Yet they are proven to be useless in one of the most important ways: protecting from abuse by the platform and provide liaison.
The logical argument that "seatbelts don't save always save lives in a vehicle crash so you should never ever wear a seatbelt" was always retarded.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The logical argument that "seatbelts don't save always save lives in a vehicle crash so you should never ever wear a seatbelt" was always retarded.
I don't argue that, i highlight a point of potential false expectations.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Top Bottom