"There's nothing unseiso about sticking pork into someone's ass"Nikki Rei

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I'm curious of Ran's situation. Had she stayed she probably would've kept the IP. She's probably not too connected to it, but it's more convenient than starting up from scratch. Unless she didnt like it or want it for some reason

She retweeted the announcement btw
Ok, now we have a definite answer as to what happened with Ran:

A
That at least confirms the decision to dissolve was made only in the past few months. Her graduation was announced in June and her last stream was on 1 September.

E: On a less light-hearted note, this kind of contextualizes Koha's breakdown on stream a few weeks back too. The dissolution being confirmed was probably fresh in their minds. To recall, it was a comment about becoming idols that set off the tears.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
It really makes you wonder how she paid for all that stuff (trip to japan, photographer, printing and distribution of her cosplay roms)
the same way Kiara did which is just doing the cosplay, that shit has always been selling on it's own even before onlyfans, not a single cosplayer has talents that sell more than ass pics.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
the same way Kiara did which is just doing the cosplay, that shit has always been selling on it's own even before onlyfans, not a single cosplayer has talents that sell more than ass pics.
When Keeki put the Asuka plugsuit cosplay on and got in the ring, it didn't have mysterious easy-access slits in it.

:keeekiface:

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
On the humorous side:
1728451777397.png
>GFE streamer
>black text on white background stream
>female audience explodes

Literally dramasisters. :whatastory:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
The meanest girl thing Lumi ever did to the other Cyberlive mean girls was wear one of their Live2D like a coat on an April 1st stream (2023).

The seething was gold.

Other than that, Lumi is by all accounts a genuinely kind chick.
You don't understand, I NEED Lumi to be a bitch. I've been blue-balled for so long on it if it turns out that she's actually just a nice girl who got fed up with mean girl shit at Cyberlive and decided turnabout was fairplay I may just become an anti.

If she's not actually determined to bring about Total Vtuber Death and is really just a vtuber who plays my favorite games with an amazing singing voice how can I come to terms with that?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
My only assertion is that I think when people do start talking, my viewpoints will be substantiated.
"Once people start doing my job for me, I will proudly declare 'I told you so'"

x Hades Stamps

Second, pandering to unicorns. GFE is usually a safe bet to get yourself whales but it's a double edged sword, you'll lose them just as quickly if you make a mistake. Kawaii had a few boyfriend yabs with their weird 3.5 gen and near the end started opening up collabs with guys which to my understanding they started the company by saying no male collabs would ever happen.
It really is unstable. I would not want to be in charge of such a company. It’s permanently walking on eggshells.
The only one I know for a fact that lies is Shee Icho, her old Discord is locked but still exists and is ran by her old mods. She used to be unhinged and would shit on unicorns. When she joined Kawaii she had a complete change to GFE leading to many of her close friends from her old persona to stop supporting her. She has mentioned that she doesn't like her audience but it's the one she's stuck with, interested to see what direction she takes on her own with no management and nothing but her audience keeping her to gfe
Oh? Interesting.
Ok, now we have a definite answer as to what happened with Ran:
Probably better this way, though.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
🫠

Is she some kind of unfortunate West Taiwan sort of Asian?
Every single pic of Nene's face I've seen in cosplays is under several layers of image editing and makeup, you have to go all the way back to her old pre vtuber fleshstreams to even figure out where her face starts and the paint ends.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Man, imagine being Lethe, left a shitty black corpo and the next one she joins fucking dies.

None of us can imagine being in such a situation half as well as @Smegmar can.

God willing, she's not just about to go oh-and-three.

Roll the small corpo death anthem!

Last edited:

tgmslc

>Thread about another corpo
>This forum: PHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:towapeeved:
You mean the forum with a dedicated Pippa containment thread has a bunch of brainrotted Phasepilled users? Shocker.

The age of corpo vtubing is over. There will be the monoliths and the indies. I firmly believe that there's room for maybe one more actually profitable corpo out there (I'm betting it's Variance Project). ALL the others will be loss-leaders at best, or doomed to spiral at worse. That's not based on any secret knowledge, I simply don't see any market reason why it could be any other way.
Hard disagree. There's more than enough elbow room in this space for corpo's that aren't completely stupid, judging by the fact that Kawaii - a corpo whose entire third of only four gens self-nuked - still had almost a million combined subs according to the Fandom wiki.
1000011280.png

Maybe if they'd been smarter with money or if someone had told Nene to shut the fuck up, they'd still be around. As it is, they're leaving a 900k-sized hole/impact crater that someone else should be more than able to fill.

I think there's room for more small-scale corporations in vtubing. A good corpo is useful to talents in a variety of ways - providing advertising and branding, providing quality models and art assets to help stand out against contemporaries, combining people together with different skill sets to help talents develop, making networking easier, assisting with talent management, organizing merch and so forth. Whatever Kawaii's problems are that led to its closure, it's not the lack of a market for internet anime girls, an inherent problem with the existence of vtuber corporations or the value they provide to their talents.
I kinda think whoever tries to fill the void that Production Kawaii is leaving needs to be really selective with who they hire and see if they can survive with a small number of members. This ACCELERATE business model has got to go, every time one of these tiny corpo's folds up after running out of money it's always one or two star talents I remember hearing about once ages ago and a dozen nobodies that'll be forever forgotten by Christmas.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Last edited:

ex_lurker

You weren't kidding.

jesus christ
A lot of her cosplay photos are not flattering. Quite a few of them make me question whether she looks that way because she's Asian or maybe she has FAS. One things for certain is that she doesn't understand how angles and hairstyles can drastically change how your face looks. That photoshoot in particular of her cosplaying Mona from Genshin looks REALLY bad in a lot of the photos.
🫠

Is she some kind of unfortunate West Taiwan sort of Asian?
One of the posts on her fanbox account answers the question of her ethnicity:
> 80%Italian, 20% Danish🇮🇹🇩🇰

Also, calling the last gen ephemira was quite prescient in retrospect.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

httn

Panko of color

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Hard disagree. There's more than enough elbow room in this space for corpo's that aren't completely stupid, judging by the fact that Kawaii - a corpo whose entire third of only four gens self-nuked - still had almost a million combined subs according to the Fandom wiki.
This doesn't really mean much when that number will include a lot of subscribers that were grandfathered in from a different era, when the small corpo scene basically had its own community and it was easier for individual talents to get noticed. I don't think the age of non-monolith corpos is over entirely as @The Proctor seemed to imply, since I'm not expecting Phase to implode out of nowhere and I think the big corpoharem has the potential to keep the wheels turning as long as Brave don't do anything too retarded, but I can't see a new vtuber corporation growing successfully from nothing in the current year without either a very unique novelty, or being associated with existing entertainment entities like Mythic was.

The majority of new startups do not have the capital to spend multiple years nurturing low-performing talents until they're capable of covering their own costs - and that's before you get into the reality that new vtuber corpos are usually just a front for random Asian dudes who know nothing about the industry to collect Discord kittens, so there's no potential for the "small corpo unity" culture that held everything together back in 2021. These new companies have absolutely nothing to offer to their talents; they are anchors weighing them down with mismanagement while taking half of their earnings in the process.

frz

There's a long-running rrat since last year's august that she did "favors" for Comiket ojisans because she had a slip of a male voice during an ASMR session while she was in Japan, allegedly, but I never found the archive for that. Would assume it was her boyfriend/ATM. The anons are just dropping names and bombs now but I never see proof, neither I know those people:
excuse me it's october 2024 now, the proper term is "indie manager"
View attachment 80320
Maybe if they'd been smarter with money or if someone had told Nene to shut the fuck up, they'd still be around. As it is, they're leaving a 900k-sized hole/impact crater that someone else should be more than able to fill.

I kinda think whoever tries to fill the void that Production Kawaii is leaving needs to be really selective with who they hire and see if they can survive with a small number of members. This ACCELERATE business model has got to go, every time one of these tiny corpo's folds up after running out of money it's always one or two star talents I remember hearing about once ages ago and a dozen nobodies that'll be forever forgotten by Christmas.
vstats has them at 909,700, did 10k subs just vanished into thin air in 2 months?

Also there is no "void" or "crater", none of the talents are graduating. Nene's viewer is not going to stop watching Nene because her org exploded. Those that would have left, already left for someone else long ago. You are not getting that audience as a new corpo. No new or existing corpo (incld. Hololive) can magically turn Nene from a 3-view status in a 1-view and take that audience. Nene is the only person who is capable of doing such.

The hard part of penetrating the current day EN market is that the ghosts of old corpos hogging viewerships with ex-members having their own following who followed them after those companies exploded.

This is probs the biggest difference between the EN and JP corpo scene, whereas JPs just disappear off the internet after graduations/corpo explosion. EN ones just continue streaming in a different personas stringing along their old audience. The more microcorpos bankrupted in japan, the bigger the big 3 becomes as they absorp in the audience of those dead corpos. Meanwhile in EN, the scene just get even more fragmented as fans follow their oshi's new persona (except Vshojo just grow stronger since they take them in anyway).

The only "void" right now that is up for grabs is the NijiEN audience who has nowhere similar to go. But do you really want the most toxic part of that audience? Since the less toxic ones already went after Mint/matara/Michi/Kuro.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Hard disagree. There's more than enough elbow room in this space for corpo's that aren't completely stupid,
Nah, starting vtuber corpo now entails 7-figure investment with extremely slim chances of even breaking even, nevermind actual profits. And with anything less - it's doomed be a small side hobby money sink project for the founder.
judging by the fact that Kawaii - a corpo whose entire third of only four gens self-nuked - still had almost a million combined subs according to the Fandom wiki.
1M subs over 15 talents is nothing, you can't break even with these stats unless you just sucking money out of talents for doing absolutely nothing.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Top Bottom