"The interesting thing about Lenox and one of the reasons I like her a great deal is that she is a genuinely extremely traumatized individual and she has suffered a horrible horrible amount of stuff in her life"The Proctor

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

Punished Lurker

Nano is talking and she's saying she'll keep streaming after the date. Says she wants to let the other talk about it, but I hope the rest of Ephemira will stay streaming

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yeah the one streaming just say the company is going under but the talents are keeping their channels and IPs so not much changes there. archive
GZaMM1eaIAASF2_

That's it? Just Prism style disbandment and everyone goes home? I was promised MEANGIRL CATFIGHTS GOD DAMNIT!

fortnitesmasherX

For all I know the Vdere folks were troublemakers as well behind the scenes given other outside rumors (hell I'm starting to believe that with full confidence regarding Elia at the least).
What makes you so confident about this? Mind sharing your sources?

Mozu having a woman moment over nothing, and the entire point of disagreement and walkout was wanting to do collabs outside of the company,

Mozu is leaving vdere?

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I could make a big post dancing on the grave of a company I hold a lot of personal animosity for, but Proctor beat me to the punch and he made it seem very gay and autistic, so I'm going to limit the dunking to just this:

It's nice of Kawaii to let the girls keep their IPs, too.

Limkin

It's nice of Kawaii to let the girls keep their IPs, too.
They had entire gen just fucking up and leave with no repercussion. I don't think whoever wrote their contract did a very good job at protecting the company's interests

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
The only things I can think of that pissed people off were that she made a fake graduation announcement in wake of Sana (who didn't care about vtubing and spearheaded the black text on white background bullshit anyway) and that she might have had a boyrfriend yab.
Besides Sana, there was a clip of her (couldn't find a timestamp) being a queen bitch when someone posted an art of Hana during her 2nd anniversary. I didn't need more ammo to anti her, but it's always welcome.

He mentioned rounding up the talent number this year, but nothing conclusive. But they've just announced they are picked so no idea. In theory someone who knows the announcement date and "closure" beforehand might get in, since Kawaii probably won't be around by then
Yeah, timelines are going to intersect; Beryl was definitely helping out fishman before her graduation from Star Ring.

I hope the new girls land on their feet, they seem alright to me.

but still FUCK YOU Nene.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
kek.png

Kek Kawaiifags are pissed at Proctor, how many bets that this is niganon?
truth.png

also I agree

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The age of corpo vtubing is over. There will be the monoliths and the indies. I firmly believe that there's room for maybe one more actually profitable corpo out there (I'm betting it's Variance Project). ALL the others will be loss-leaders at best, or doomed to spiral at worse. That's not based on any secret knowledge, I simply don't see any market reason why it could be any other way.
I think there's room for more small-scale corporations in vtubing. A good corpo is useful to talents in a variety of ways - providing advertising and branding, providing quality models and art assets to help stand out against contemporaries, combining people together with different skill sets to help talents develop, making networking easier, assisting with talent management, organizing merch and so forth. Whatever Kawaii's problems are that led to its closure, it's not the lack of a market for internet anime girls, an inherent problem with the existence of vtuber corporations or the value they provide to their talents.

fortnitesmasherX

ogey_rrat

ogey

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Void Scribas

So hey all conserving their IP and are making jokes about it. Honestly, I like that it ended relatively well for the girls.

Honesty for whatever shit happened internally, I do respect that kawaii was able to endure all these years, even if like a husk of her former self. It felts like the last ember of the microcorpo craziness of the golden era has died out.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Please do not throw your pearls before swine and derail this thread antagonizing literal seething retards for days.

Bronze

I'm curious of Ran's situation. Had she stayed she probably would've kept the IP. She's probably not too connected to it, but it's more convenient than starting up from scratch. Unless she didnt like it or want it for some reason

She retweeted the announcement btw

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Please do not throw your pearls before swine and derail this thread antagonizing literal seething retards for days.
"Month of Ice"? More like "Month of shit"
This is just PRISM PROJECT 2 :Ame-BOO:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
This is just PRISM PROJECT 2 :Ame-BOO:
Prism had significantly less drama (none, to my recollection) following them prior to their closure.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Calling Proctor a vagueposting femboy:
View attachment 80295

Being honest with how Proctor should stop being a vagueposting femboy:
View attachment 80294

I... I feel bad guys. We bullied Proctussy too much.

It's never enough.

Besides Sana, there was a clip of her (couldn't find a timestamp) being a queen bitch when someone posted an art of Hana during her 2nd anniversary. I didn't need more ammo to anti her, but it's always welcome.

I used to have a screenshot of it but my old media PC shit the bed a few months ago, Amano also had a stream once titled INA'S BACK that had a thumbnail of (I think) Amano's back and was just her riding the coat tails of a bigger industry talent by cashing in on major events of other vtubers to leech attention.

View attachment 80298
Kek Kawaiifags are pissed at Proctor, how many bets that this is niganon?
View attachment 80299
also I agree

Imagine being the kind of ni‎gger that lurks here to reasons to crosspost back to the biggest circlejerk cesspit for your turn to get tugged off. What a pathetic life.

Top Bottom