"I'm a 6 foot 5 black guy"Pipkin Pippa

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Prism had significantly less drama (none, to my recollection) following them prior to their closure.
The drama this corpo has is old as shit, I expected it to explode like a putrid egg on a hot summer day with talents claiming they were harassed by managers or the corpo throwing someone under the bus.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I'm curious of Ran's situation. Had she stayed she probably would've kept the IP. She's probably not too connected to it, but it's more convenient than starting up from scratch. Unless she didnt like it or want it for some reason

She retweeted the announcement btw
considering the BF yab she had I doubt she wants that connected to her in any way.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I used to have a screenshot of it but my old media PC shit the bed a few months ago, Amano also had a stream once titled INA'S BACK that had a thumbnail of (I think) Amano's back and was just her riding the coat tails of a bigger industry talent by cashing in on major events of other vtubers to leech attention.
She used a meme concerning a holo talent LYNCH HER

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Gladly. Succeed in an entertainment market based off your skill at performing, not because you game the algorithm off other people that are better than you. I wouldn't be surprised if she did it other ways too but I hit her with a 'do not recommend' because I was sick of seeing her constantly pushed to me after she tried to signal boost with a clickbait graduation after Sana's.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Gladly. Succeed in an entertainment market based off your skill at performing, not because you game the algorithm off other people that are better than you.
True, she even took the ASMR bit from Fauna. Truly an unskilled bitch.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I think there's room for more small-scale corporations in vtubing. A good corpo is useful to talents in a variety of ways - providing advertising and branding, providing quality models and art assets to help stand out against contemporaries, combining people together with different skill sets to help talents develop, making networking easier, assisting with talent management, organizing merch and so forth. Whatever Kawaii's problems are that led to its closure, it's not the lack of a market for internet anime girls, an inherent problem with the existence of vtuber corporations or the value they provide to their talents.
Yet they are proven to be useless in one of the most important ways: protecting from abuse by the platform and provide liaison. Even Holo and Niji can't negotiate with youtube to get channels monetized from the start, despite operating well-established corporate CDN. Gunrun can with twitch, but looking at Zen's recent post, he don't have enough sway to protect them from fuckery (though my guess is twitch lack technical ability to whitelist people as well) Small 2-3view corpo is no different from individual here. I remember LM saying one of corpo benefits would be having liaison with the platform, but he's evidently talked out of his ass there. Corpos don't automatically get direct contact with platform employees. Minicorpos like kawaii will get ignored or get lucky exactly same as individulas. Even holo and niji are tiny flies in comparison to youtube. One Asmongold have infinitely more sway with platforms than all vtuber corpos together.

niggaphil

Production Kawaii?

:gurawho:

I only know Kawaii UGUU!!!

:guraeating:

Negzana

I don't know much about Project Kawaii but I I hope the good ones become Phase Invaders.

Not a Phasefag though

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I don't know much about Project Kawaii but I I hope the good ones become Phase Invaders.

Not a Phasefag though
The Phasefag wants more invaders so they can grow their hypothetical Phase based Harem

I want these girls to be poached because I think Phase going under or being bought out by Brave would be funny and that would extend the dead corpo combo of a number of girls

We are not the same

Limkin

At least there will no longer be any confusion between the two

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
I'm curious of Ran's situation. Had she stayed she probably would've kept the IP. She's probably not too connected to it, but it's more convenient than starting up from scratch. Unless she didnt like it or want it for some reason

She retweeted the announcement btw
Hanamizuki was the runt of Kawaii, a half-hearted attempt to win back the crowd after Gen 3. It took a long time before they even had something resembling a following, and even then, it was mostly just fans from the broader Kawaii bubble. Probably just wasn't worth it to continue, considering she already had an indie PL to fall back on.

Speaking of Hanamizuki:

A1 A2

Well, that one's dead too

x Hades Stamps

We just got a Phase Invaders update. Given how Kawaii is circling the drain, I think Phase has better options at the moment.

Considering they’ve just concluded,
They're next.
Absolutely not a Phase shill, but I hope not
8vtmx2.jpg

She almost made it sound like she’d be graduating, anyway.
The age of corpo vtubing is over. There will be the monoliths and the indies. I firmly believe that there's room for maybe one more actually profitable corpo out there (I'm betting it's Variance Project). ALL the others will be loss-leaders at best, or doomed to spiral at worse. That's not based on any secret knowledge, I simply don't see any market reason why it could be any other way.
Apparently this is a hot take, but I believe you’re absolutely right.
They closed their VTuber operations awhile back, and didn’t let them keep the IP.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
it's only okay when phase does it.

also pay no attention to the fact Rie and Remi have "I really like and enjoy vtubers from Hololive" and "I'm a fan of Hololive" in their descriptions to boost the algorithm.

CountStagula

One Asmongold have infinitely more sway with platforms than all vtuber corpos together.
This is why I feel like instead of minicorpos were going to see more stuff like Mythic (don't worry I'm not Asmon-posting).

I feel like the VTuber scene has been so saturated with constant controlling corpos that the next wave of collectives will be something more akin to V-Dere or early VShojo. Essentially short term contract corpos that facilitate an event or something more than generic communication then they're done. Something like cons (not a great example, I know) where the talent wouldn't have to constantly be concerned about corpo administrative shit but is still able to benefit from pooled resources.

Limkin

...fuck. I remember being two, I didn't realize this one bit the dust even before. The name must be cursed or something

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
it's only okay when phase does it.

also pay no attention to the fact Rie and Remi have "I really like and enjoy vtubers from Hololive" and "I'm a fan of Hololive" in their descriptions to boost the algorithm.

Or how Rin and Yuko spearheaded the AA corpo uprising by releasing Gura themed shorts to boost their numbers without putting in the work

:chaos:

niggaphil

So, Is this considered as Femboi Schizo posting being real, or is he went to sleep and caused this shitshow? I prefer the later explanation. :smugrys:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
The age of corpo vtubing is over. There will be the monoliths and the indies. I firmly believe that there's room for maybe one more actually profitable corpo out there (I'm betting it's Variance Project). ALL the others will be loss-leaders at best, or doomed to spiral at worse. That's not based on any secret knowledge, I simply don't see any market reason why it could be any other way.
Hard disagree. It is much harder now, that's for sure, but there will always be a market for group management of talents, and as long as that market exists, there will be orgs created to fill the need.

Grandmaster Robin

Some reasons I think Kawaii is dying.
First, they never had much talent. The company was being carried on Nene's tits for the longest time and you can tell with the amount of investment Kawaii put into her but she still wasn't earning enough to support all the other girls.
Second, pandering to unicorns. GFE is usually a safe bet to get yourself whales but it's a double edged sword, you'll lose them just as quickly if you make a mistake. Kawaii had a few boyfriend yabs with their weird 3.5 gen and near the end started opening up collabs with guys which to my understanding they started the company by saying no male collabs would ever happen.
Third, failure in networking. The girls never made any important connections or collabs, and the few times they had popout collabs they never followed through. The only constant connection they had was maybe Nami with her Niji friends but nowadays being friends with Niji is a debuff. Near the end they realized this and tried going for more networking but it backfired on them due to unicorns. A few months ago there was going to be a vtuber GTA RP server and Mint was supposed to take part in it. Now the issue is that males would also be present. The Kawaii girls knew their unicorns wouldn't be happy but decided that getting even an inch closer to Mint would be better than nothing, only that Mint cancelled last minute so now the girls had publicly shown they would throw their unicorns away. There was some backlash, enough that people like Shee were doomposting on twitter from the hate they were getting.
And of course we can't forget about gen 3. Gen 3 was lightning in a bottle for Kawaii, finally they had more talents than just Nene earning money for the company. If management had listened to the girls and let them do their own thing I'm sure Kawaii would have survived. It's easy to see how much money they lost looking at the quality drop in models with their Gen 3.5
Oh and I guess they suck at merch too, why the fuck would you make people use Buyee to buy your merch?

frz

I hope you never realize how much this affected Hololive or how interconnected this all is. There's no such thing as an 'obscure niche microcorpo.'
I am here because Proctor promised the downfall of Hololive due to... uh Nene Amano being a backstabbing :WHORE!!!:??????
Hard disagree. It is much harder now, that's for sure, but there will always be a market for group management of talents, and as long as that market exists, there will be orgs created to fill the need.
If anything right now is the perfect time to start a corpo. You just gain any attraction and then fleece Brave for money, exactly how Silicon Valley worked for quite a while with numerous tech startups on shit that noone will ever need/use. Looking at you "big data", "crypto" and now "AI".
There is also a gap in the market for gay males because nijisanjiEN exploded that hasn't really been filled.
Then there are a bunch of ex-corpos talents up for grabs due to all the penis explosions from org that phasebeggars been pining for.
Any corpo managed to score dooby/mint will have an easy time for sell. Sucks for the two if they joined a corpo just for the CEO to bail, but they are the perfect target for grifting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom