"In my defense, I regret nothing. And nobody can control me because I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed"Noir Vesper

OffKai Expo 2023

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

"I can't see the feedback right now, but-"

...This really is pre-recorded, isn't it? Is that why there are tech issues?

Because they didn't hire anyone that has deep experience with live media presentations. And, I say that, as someone that's had to jerryrig events for people on the fly before. And I'm dead certain they don't have a dedicated internet line just for the streaming output. This type of event is a LOT more complex than the return you'd expect, which is why you probably needed a "truck" for something like this.

These people not knowing how to load a video into Media Player and click play would be on brand, honestly.

Why do I feel like this is being run on 3 computers with OBS going?

View attachment 31205
This 3D model is not great, and I assure you it looks even worse in motion.

EDIT: Yeah the rigging's scuffed as fuck too, everything's clipping into everything and the movement looks uncanny. If they're using this tech for the major concern in a couple of weeks then... well, it's gonna be a bit shit.

I get keeping the computer resources low, but the Hair Physics are horrible. Though Isla is doing her best, so credit to the performer.

Edit: I just had a bad thought about people in the 3D physics space never integrating hardware acceleration that's been available in GPUs for 15 years and I'm scared to check into it.

To the audio mixer:

I am begging you to stop randomly increasing and lowering the volume throughout each song, the levels should have been programmed before the concert per song per talent per segment with a variance on whether or not it's pre-recorded or live-

On second thought, no, I'm not doing the work without being paid, please stop me from malding further before I go into paragraphs of how to specifically run this

This event looks like it was badly planned at the design stage.

Last edited:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I get keeping the computer resources low, but the Hair Physics are horrible. Though Isla is doing her best, so credit to the performer.
I like it is making me feel nostalgic about years ago when the tracking of most JP vtubers where shit :polkasticks:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
To the audio mixer:

I am begging you to stop randomly increasing and lowering the volume throughout each song, the levels should have been programmed before the concert per song per talent per segment with a variance on whether or not it's pre-recorded or live-

On second thought, no, I'm not doing the work without being paid, please stop me from malding further before I go into paragraphs of how to specifically run this

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

How much you want to bet no one even thought much about the Broadcast rights with the songs?

:whatastory:

Also, Isla has got some pipes on her. Though her better range is in the Towa space in that slightly lower register.

AND WHAT IS WITH THIS CAMERA.

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
Erina downing alcohol to get through her nerves while Airir is throwing up
1687065988433.png
:SelenHAHAhere: Still working out better then the main concert so far

Burner of the East

Just another guy on the internet.
I'm kind of interested to see the logistics and planning process behind such events like these. With an event of this scale, I imagine it'd take a serious amount of coordination and preparation.

Also lmao but is it just me or was Erina way off sync.

:SelenHAHAhere: :SelenHAHAhere: :SelenHAHAhere:

She seemed to be in high spirits though but I bet the nerves were getting to her. She has a good singing voice.

Shiina stream is up and online. Just waiting for Erina to end. Shiina starting now.

Last edited:

Anime Fan

Looks like Rie is going after Shiina for karaoke

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Wait, yeah, how did they get the broadcast permissions for all of this

Kalion

:)
It's unarchived which in vtuber land means everything is legal, right? :)

Nina is fucking killing it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
It's unarchived which in vtuber land means everything is legal, right? :)

Nina is fucking killing it.
She did great, yeah.

Audio mixer is just turning knobs and pushing sliders, huh. Probably a toddler

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Smaller conventions never think about this even one bit (and generally it doesn't become a problem either)

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
YEAH JELLY-

wait wasn't she supposed to end the concert, it's only halfway over

EDIT: night and day audio difference, THIS IS THE POWER OF JELLY

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
YEAH JELLY-

wait wasn't she supposed to end the concert, it's only halfway over
Why would you think that Jelly would be the end if Ironmouse is also there? Looks like Chuunifuji Lisa is on after Jelly then.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Why would you think that Jelly would be the end if Ironmouse is also there? Looks like Chuunifuji Lisa is on after Jelly then.
Because she accidentally let slip in one of her streams that she was going to end the concert, so something must have changed since then

Also, this is definitely a live performance, and properly mixed as well- alright the audio mixer just messed it up as I was typing this, and again as I was typing THIS, but I'll take whatever silver lining I can get

Jelly's killing it, the work she put in is paying off- STOP LOWERING THE VOLUME, I BEG

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Holy fucking shit Fishman you better murder the audio guy.

Burner of the East

Just another guy on the internet.

Short

God Damn the Sun
lol
ftf.png

late...
EDIT:
lol it got posted 5 times on pcg
aaa.png

Top Bottom