"Between obesity and everything else, Ronald McDonald has killed more kids than the clown from IT"Amanogawa Shiina

Nijisanji L Collection

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Neopets stream tomorrow?
Is everyone prepared for Blackscreen 2: Kurosanji Boogaloo?
Okay I would feel bad for Doki, but the idea that Elira or someone would be so mad about this collab that they would tank Niji even harder to try and fuck with Doki is hilarious. I therefore want it to happen.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This is the interesting chart. Livestreaming revenue is superchat and memberships (and ads, but those are marginal for streams). While you can see it's been in slow decline for two years, Q3 to Q4 is the biggest drop in a while. In fact merch also dropped, as did sponsorships.

edit: By far the biggest impact on the EN branch has been losing the Luxiem CN fans. Looking at FY2023 (mostly calendar 2022), both livestream and merch rev reached half of JP, which is actually kind of crazy. And then that drops into a pit in 2023. Compared to that Selen is... negligible. Or maybe more accurately the final nail in the coffin.

A late response to this specific post, but I forgot that VirtuaReal exists. It's a joint venture for Anycolor, but at most they're getting less than 5 million USD equivalent in returns from that. That's ~55 Active Vtubers and they're generating less than ~$65k per streamer to the company compared to the "average" of roughly 1.5 million USD per Liver for the other two branches combined.

The Coco/Taiwan drama actually might not have hurt Cover in the way everyone thinks, if the returns are that terrible on a per-streamer basis.

Limkin

How to make your oshi feel better - admit that you are going to fake the views numbers and what looked like a fairly popular song is actually a total flop because the real views are at least 5 times lower. This are the kind of fans that are still left, completely deranged fujoshi
The fact that they (allegedly) encourage it as well is not a good showing either, you don't publicly acknowledge as a talent that you want what boils down to viewbotting to remain relevant

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
The fact that they (allegedly) encourage it as well is not a good showing either, you don't publicly acknowledge as a talent that you want what boils down to viewbotting to remain relevant
I was browsing the quote retweets to see if there was something fun and sadly, you're right. It is encouraged.

Maybe I'm just a filthy non-content-creator, but I'd feel awful supporting fans who do this sort of thing. You want real views, not obsessed fans replaying your video.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
1720779353452.png

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

How to make your oshi feel better - admit that you are going to fake the views numbers and what looked like a fairly popular song is actually a total flop because the real views are at least 5 times lower. This are the kind of fans that are still left, completely deranged fujoshi

Imagine having to be told that you should listen to a song multiple times. If a song is good, I'll do that myself without any instructions, thanks.

Limkin

Maybe I'm just a filthy non-content-creator, but I'd feel awful supporting fans who do this sort of thing. You want real views, not obsessed fans replaying your video.
Maybe they were told by management if this songs don't perform they will shut down the program and they are picking a lesser evil. It's not just random songs, they are part of the monthly project across the entire branch. Something that should've been a thing at least a year ago but still

Ballpark_Look

Not Vanta, one of the last non POS males in Niji, posts on the PL

tgmslc

The Coco/Taiwan drama actually might not have hurt Cover in the way everyone thinks, if the returns are that terrible on a per-streamer basis.
Probably not, China's terrible at growing local pop-culture talent and Chinks like their music & TV just bland enough that it has zero foreigner appeal. There's a reason there are big Japanese & Korean music fandoms internationally but not a single person outside West Taiwan can name a Chinese pop singer or band.

Also all their good composers flee to Europe or 'Murricah, which imo is like the pop-culture equivalent of a line chef at a restaurant going to the restaurant next door to eat.

Last edited:

Punished Lurker

Maybe they were told by management if this songs don't perform they will shut down the program and they are picking a lesser evil. It's not just random songs, they are part of the monthly project across the entire branch. Something that should've been a thing at least a year ago but still
I watched part of the after party stream and it wasn't anything serious, they started joking about looping the song no matter what they were doing and tangented into Kpop culture and trying to understand the rules that you need to follow to listen to songs, with Reimu offhandedly asking if someonce could do one of these lists. The entire thing lasted less than a minute, so it seems to me like it was a joke

Smelliest007

Okay I would feel bad for Doki, but the idea that Elira or someone would be so mad about this collab that they would tank Niji even harder to try and fuck with Doki is hilarious. I therefore want it to happen.
There's no sign of management or anyone at all wrangling the ENtards, it would be funny if one of them just blew a gasket. I don't want Doki to deal with their shittery but I do want a Niji to go off the range already to end this once and for all.

Last edited:

Limkin

I watched part of the after party stream and it wasn't anything serious, they started joking about looping the song no matter what they were doing and tangented into Kpop culture and trying to understand the rules that you need to follow to listen to songs, with Reimu offhandedly asking if someonce could do one of these lists. The entire thing lasted less than a minute, so it seems to me like it was a joke
I am even more confused now why they felt like bringing it up (also I don't buy even for a second that neither Reimu nor Petra knew the rules already and had to have someone else explain it to them) but this is absurd levels of autism and really doesn't change anything in what I initially said, even if it was a joke.

God's Strongest Dragoon

This is the same shit the kpop retards did to fake the view counts of their shit.

Limkin

meanwhile at Nijisanji - 30 seconds, take it or leave it. Counter starts when the previous 30 seconds end. No refunds if you were so nervous and confused you couldn't even say anything in that time

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Hey Guys dont you love when your "EN" vtubers post in Japanese

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

Smelliest007

AAAAIIIIEEEE WOSEMI THINK ABOUT THE GAZA STRIP

95d96ecfe5d2d73f57668df42f216fe6.png

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Punished Lurker

I'm gonna say a hot take: I don't think Millie is a bully or an evil person, because she keeps proving she just has her foot stuck on her mouth 24/7 and the intelligence of a menhera having a schizo episode.

Seriously, the phrase "Good intentions, INCREDIBLY poor execution" seems very appropriate for her

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Top Bottom