"Alright guys, number 1 rule for being rich: you exploit the poor"Enna Alouette

Nijisanji L Collection

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
At this point Holo has 0 real competition in EN.
I mean apart from Niji getting lucky with fujos (who shouldn't even count as EN because most were chinks and SEA) have they ever?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Number 2 is gonna be Vshojo. Phase will be 3 by default, but at some point someone else with bigger pockets is gonna show up and surpass them.
I'm not sold on this, tbh. The English market is limited. So is the number of talents actually worth something, judging by the constant reincarnations. Only rarely do we see genuinely new blood being injected.

I'm not sold on people with deep pockets being all that interested unless their investment can genuinely compete for the top.

Basically all EN startups were launched by incompetent enthusiasts that didn't know what they were doing. A few (Fishman, Gunrun, maybe Aviel) were less incompetent than others and ended up on top. But I think the "Enthusiasts" part is pretty telling. Either they're massive idolfags (Fishman) or they have a streaming background (Gunrun, Aviel).

Vtubing is attracting big money in the much larger Japanese market. In the west, eh... People joke about Aviel's shekels, but it's hardly that much, just a bit of clever advertising. Gunrun got an eleven million injection, but eleven million are a pretty paltry sum in the entertainment industry.

I don't see this situation changing anytime soon. That doesn't mean that the corpo ranks will remain static, but I believe that whatever changes happen are much more likely to be the result of Niji style fuckups than of spontaneous big money injections.

Hell. We have seen what big investors trying out vtubing looks like. Remember Vee Project by Sony?

Yeah, me neither. I had to look it up.

frz

I'm not sold on this, tbh. The English market is limited. So is the number of talents actually worth something, judging by the constant reincarnations. Only rarely do we see genuinely new blood being injected.

I'm not sold on people with deep pockets being all that interested unless their investment can genuinely compete for the top.

Basically all EN startups were launched by incompetent enthusiasts that didn't know what they were doing. A few (Fishman, Gunrun, maybe Aviel) were less incompetent than others and ended up on top. But I think the "Enthusiasts" part is pretty telling. Either they're massive idolfags (Fishman) or they have a streaming background (Gunrun, Aviel).

Vtubing is attracting big money in the much larger Japanese market. In the west, eh... People joke about Aviel's shekels, but it's hardly that much, just a bit of clever advertising. Gunrun got an eleven million injection, but eleven million are a pretty paltry sum in the entertainment industry.

I don't see this situation changing anytime soon. That doesn't mean that the corpo ranks will remain static, but I believe that whatever changes happen are much more likely to be the result of Niji style fuckups than of spontaneous big money injections.

Hell. We have seen what big investors trying out vtubing looks like. Remember Vee Project by Sony?

Yeah, me neither. I had to look it up.
Are you ignoring brave throwing money around
- They literally bought 2 eu org despite those 2 orgs being unsuccessful and are linked to idol. The only reason idol hasnt been bought out is because of Aviel's shekels.
- I still have no idea how gunrun runs vshojo to be profitable. Had most of their talents aren't being so anti-corpo, he'd prob have sold the company to brave to cut his lost ngl. If there is an american version of brave. There's a chance gunrun would sell Vshojo and run.
- Brave have money and they havent blew it on the NA market, and they surely WILL. I'm very certain of it. Their model is fake success by throwing money overseas and hope investor buys the lie (they do so far). If anything they already have asked Sakana & Gunrun but neither was willing to sell and they will be back with a bigger offer.
- Alas, just throwing money in doesnt mean success
- 2024 would be the prime time to start random corpos, get moderate success and sell it to Brave. Grifters out there take note.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I'd be shocked if other agencies are looking at this and aren't going all-in on expansion efforts, like Phase, and take Niji's #2 spot. The road will be long and difficult to traverse, but it must done if those agencies wish to make it to the big leagues.
It depends Phase just expanded, so their war chest is not in the best of spots right now. They are also trying to break through to the JP market, and I imagine that's expensive despite the currency exchange rates.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Are you ignoring brave throwing money around
- They literally bought 2 eu org despite those 2 orgs being unsuccessful and are linked to idol. The only reason idol hasnt been bought out is because of Aviel's shekels.
- I still have no idea how gunrun runs vshojo to be profitable. Had most of their talents aren't being so anti-corpo, he'd prob have sold the company to brave to cut his lost ngl. If there is an american version of brave. There's a chance gunrun would sell Vshojo and run.
- Brave have money and they havent blew it on the NA market, and they surely WILL. I'm very certain of it. Their model is fake success by throwing money overseas and hope investor buys the lie (they do so far). If anything they already have asked Sakana & Gunrun but neither was willing to sell and they will be back with a bigger offer.
- Alas, just throwing money in doesnt mean success
- 2024 would be the prime time to start random corpos, get moderate success and sell it to Brave. Grifters out there take note.
I focussed on EN, whereas Brave is primarily Japanese.

Brave's EN subsidies are also in the 2view to very low 3view tier. That you're calling their model fake success (I'd disagree, but only insofar as I wouldn't call it a success at all, as far as the EN market is concerned) is telling.

To be blunt, at this stage I have a hard time seeing how Brave is a genuine player on the EN market. Yes, they're young, but compare V4Mirei's first six months to Idol's, and... let's just say that I'd prefer signing up with Aviel, Idol hitting a snag atm notwithstanding.

So, we have a big investor trying to muscle its way into the JP and EN markets, and all they have to show for it are steady numbers in the JP market and minuscule growth in the EN market.

I can't imagine this being an attractive example to follow for future investors.

Also, completely unironically: Brave should just buy out Idol EN and then make Aviel the head of its EN operations across all subsidiaries.

chihirogumi

I focussed on EN, whereas Brave is primarily Japanese.

Brave's EN subsidies are also in the 2view to very low 3view tier. That you're calling their model fake success (I'd disagree, but only insofar as I wouldn't call it a success at all, as far as the EN market is concerned) is telling.

To be blunt, at this stage I have a hard time seeing how Brave is a genuine player on the EN market. Yes, they're young, but compare V4Mirei's first six months to Idol's, and... let's just say that I'd prefer signing up with Aviel, Idol hitting a snag atm notwithstanding.

So, we have a big investor trying to muscle its way into the JP and EN markets, and all they have to show for it are steady numbers in the JP market and minuscule growth in the EN market.

I can't imagine this being an attractive example to follow for future investors.

Also, completely unironically: Brave should just buy out Idol EN and then make Aviel the head of its EN operations across all subsidiaries.
I think we'd have to wait for VSpoEN's debut before completely writing them off the EN market. Unlike V4Mirei, which I never heard of before recently, Vspo has been a known name for a few years now and their gimmick of esports gamer girl streamers could fill a niche since Holo is mostly idols and Niji just booted their most popular gamer esport girl (on top of falling apart as we are seeing). Vshojo appeals the most to twitch smoothbrains and Phase offers what I'd like to call wacky content like Pippa's conspiracy brand or Lia's autism. idolEN doesn't have much of an identity to me besides Yuko being discount, more sexual Gura.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Do we know that Vshojo is profitable and not floating on that $11M seed funding? It sounds a bit like all those tech companies that offered great salaries and benefits until they could no longer borrow cheap money. Then came the mass layoffs and cost cutting measures. Are they in it for the long run?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I think vdere is neat

They will probably do good someday :)

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Hosted by Petra and Elira. Elira hasn't been on Twitter since the 5th, and Petra tweeted on her alt about how she wishes she could stand up for others better.
Wouldn’t be surprised if both of them got stealth suspended. It’s been almost a week since they last Tweeted publically.

Bronze

It depends Phase just expanded, so their war chest is not in the best of spots right now. They are also trying to break through to the JP market, and I imagine that's expensive despite the currency exchange rates.
Situation is similar for Idol, the only difference is their debuts haven't happened yet. I guess that can be an opportunity.
Do we know that Vshojo is profitable and not floating on that $11M seed funding? It sounds a bit like all those tech companies that offered great salaries and benefits until they could no longer borrow cheap money. Then came the mass layoffs and cost cutting measures. Are they in it for the long run?
I'm not sure but I don't think they are losing a lot of money, especially if they are selling good amount of sponsored merch. At least i don't expect them to crash soon. Of course, they always have the risk of talents leaving because they aren't held by IP

God's Strongest Dragoon

Gunrun got an eleven million injection, but eleven million are a pretty paltry sum in the entertainment industry.
The problem with Gunrun's business model was that because the risk wasn't in the talent-side of the business, it was in the management-side as they had to generate enough money to attract the big talents and keep them around. So in the short-term, that 11 million was pretty good at getting the train running but it wouldn't keep the engine running forever. I'm betting they had a revamp of their contract structure around the time they ejected the trio of whores because they likely reduced the signing bonuses and/or encroached on the stream revenue (subs/donos) to move the company out of the red. The new restructuring made the trio no longer interested in staying around but they had built up a solid enough brand name that they could attract established medium/high medium talents with contracts that were more beneficial for the company.

For instance, talents like Haruka and GEEGA were likely great net-positive contracts for the company as those were not top names that demanded huge signing deals and having the Vshojo brand name attached to them was a big selling point on its own. The former NijiEN talents were likely attracted because it was the only real competitor in the "EN large corpo market" that didn't have to deal with retarded Japanese perms and massive meddling from management. The whole "we're not Japanese and you don't have to downgrade to a much smaller corp" is a massive selling point of Vshojo.

Idol and Brave have tried to establish their brand in the EN market very hard while Vshojo just bought the top talents to give legitimacy to their brand.
I'm not sure but I don't think they are losing a lot of money, especially if they are selling good amount of sponsored merch. At least i don't expect them to crash soon. Of course, they always have the risk of talents leaving because they aren't held by IP
The riskiest/most expensive part of their business model is getting the talents to stay, which involves contracts that are far less lucrative for the company than the ones that companies do. By having such big names, they do gain the benefit of having an established fanbase from the talent that WILL buy their merch and they can ask for better deals from sponsors by pointing to their talents' numbers. At this point though, Vshojo is pretty much Ironmouse as her huge following is what attracts the medium/high indies to join and stay.

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

who has the bigger boat?
Reines mom or Riku
Definitely Reine's mom. After Selen's negligible impact, Riku has had to sell the yacht
rikuship.gif

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I doubt any of this will ever happen because management apologizing for fucking up is not really something a JP corpo does. If they can manage to avoid any more issues in 2024 (caused by their own incompetence) they can regain that trust back.
What I want?

Honestly, I just want them to stop with the punching down.
When HoloCN collapsed, Yagoo took full accountability and a paycut. When shit happens in Niji, they blame the frontline staff.I want a senior manager or better yet, Riku himself, to step up and dogeza with some freaking dignity, rather than sending 'staff member #4' to die for him.
Saying "we will now take care of out talents" is too little, too late, and just reeks of damage control rather than honest steps of improvement
Other than Yagoo, there is actually a stereotype of JP corpo apologies:
A1 - A2

Now, these are arguably more akin to "Any inconvenience caused is regretted" than admissions of personal responsibility. But even that requires higher-ups whose JP autism manifests as pride in their business and ability to work PR, instead of manifesting as the stubborn and vindictive incompetence we are currently seeing. This really sticks with me:

Idle toilet thought:
Holo and pretty much every other agency terminations: Shit did not work out and we are parting ways. Sadge, we wish you luck.
Niji and Wactor terminations: FUCK YOU BITCH FUCK YOU BITCH FUCK YOU BITCH FUCK YOU BITCH DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE!!!!!!
Even fucking AkioAIR somehow managed to do better.
I'd rate Idol terminating Riro Ron and Production Kawaii's response to gen 3's walkout as maybe one "fuck you bitch" each. But even if I don't agree with the method, I think it was understandable, since they're small corpos dealing with a bigger blow than a single termination/graduation (how much of that was or wasn't their own fault aside).

But what did NijiEN ever do to Niji management?

If Niji management was only incompetent because part time nepo job, or because they're trying to fold up the branch like ex-ID, they would have taken easy outs like Selen's offer to graduate, instead of starting this trashfire. But I don't think that's it. You can see the stubbornness and vindictiveness even in small details outside of Selen's termination. Pomu said she would leave her videos up but our official announcement contradicts that? Oops lol, we'll fix that in a few days, prease andastand. Pomu cried in her member stream about the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity we said no to? The moment she leaves the channel, SHUT IT DOWN.

I agree if you're speaking just of NijiEN and not Niji as a whole. EN's name is mud all up and down our side of the industry currently and unless we see some major changes I think that stigma is going to be around for a long time, but JP niki are probably going to be just fine ignoring the trash fire on this side so long it doesn't affect the livers on their side, and so far that doesn't seem to have happened.

We all thought it'd be a talent doing the Final Yab. Who anticipated that it'd actually be a corpo?
I'm honestly not sure Niji is doing that well in JP either. Chihiro graduating and redebuting immediately after and then 2 of her Niji genmates retweeting her new debut on their Niji accounts spells trouble to me. Not on the level of of EN sure, but if we see more graduations in the coming months in JP as well it might be worth paying closer attention to.
There was also Gundo Mirei's separation 90 days after getting suspended for a baseball joke, and her new persona Dokugai Chinami retweeting Doki's "I will not be silenced" tweet.

Last edited:

Punished Lurker

Realistically what are the chances/timeline of the 3d concert.
I know most of nijiEN has been in japan in the last 6 months but nothing has come out.
I see 2 scenarios:
- Case 1: 3d debuts start rolling in from next week and lets say 20 people gets theirs 3d debut every week. Thats still 5 months away and another 2 months for preparation and the nijien 3d debut hits around september/october. Hitting close to november/december the more delayed the first 3d debut is from now.
- Case 2: they just release the nijien concert and noone gets their 3d debut. Seeing no announcement yet, at the earliest april.

However both cases means the nijien gets to skip the 3d queue that nijijp is in. And we also know that they refuse to pay 3d artists and their employee. NijiJP also hasnot paused their 3D activity, they are still having 3D debuts today. I also remember seeing a few 3D events, one Chihiro's graduation relay stream was in 3d with multiple people I believe. Here we entertaining the worse cases:
Case 3: everyone gets shitty chibi models for the concert
Casr 4: Luxiem gets good 3d models while everyone else uses the chibi models
Case 5: no actual concert is happening and it is some shitty sponsored thing instead
Cast your dices

I actually dont think they will kick luca even if he admitted he was leaking on 4chan himself unless riku/top jp management themselves stepped in. NijiEN has a clear bias for luxiem and luca.

Remember that Luca postponed a sponsor stream twice due to throat hort. Instead of recasting they just delay it again
My guess is that it's case 2, they are going to release the concert and then do the 3D showcases in order to grab the most amount of money, like for me it seems like the "best" idea, at least before things went to shit: release a paywalled 3D concert that shows the models of all gens up to Noctyx or Iluna and then slowly release the showcases to the public. It also fits with the image of Nijisanji being greedy as it would be the option that gets them the most money

As for Luca I too think he won't be fired, not because of favoritism but because firing one of their most popular Livers so close to all this could provoke an even bigger mess than it already is

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Wouldn’t be surprised if both of them got stealth suspended. It’s been almost a week since they last Tweeted publically.
Rosemi too, she's been radio silent as well. And Elira and Petra are currently in Japan while Pomu is there, and she's insinuated she's been "meeting with people".

Who knows what's going on there right now. :gloomiLaugh:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Rosemi too, she's been radio silent as well. And Elira and Petra are currently in Japan while Pomu is there, and she's insinuated she's been "meeting with people".

Who knows what's going on there right now. :gloomiLaugh:
1707669607575.png

Limkin

Limkin

Elira's PL twitch is actually getting followers despite everything going on. The last tracked number was 9138, with twitch showing 9.2k for a long time (I don't think trackers update their data unless you stream). But it shows as 9.4k on twitch already. Probably the result of "leaks", her Niji YT channel also stopped bleeding subscribers

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
1707674955848.png

In case you are all unawares, it seems that the female JP fanbase has gotten wind of Lucagate. This is making them weary of Kuzuha and Kanae wondering if they also have someone fake their merch.

Top Bottom