"Rather than unnecessarily extending the number of new VTuber debuts, our plan is to engage in solid productions at a pace which doesn't dilute the brand value of hololive productions, and to generate new debuts that contribute to the enhancement of the brand value"Kaneko Yosuke, CFO hololive
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Nijisanji L Collection

God's Strongest Dragoon

All of this talks about what are they going to do in the next 3-5 years is a marketing stunt. They've never talked about it before, they never had any plans for this long, and the only reason it's here now is because they want you to think the company is in a stable condition. Which usually means - it's very much unstable and they are terrified of consequences of you finding it out. And they can set whatever projections they want, because no one will remember it in 3 years, and they can chalk up all the differences to "unforeseen circumstances" anyway. Not to mention they couldn't hit their own quarterly goals recently, so why one should believe they can precisely predict their abilities over the course of the multiple years?
Yup, the part about 40 billion yen within 3 years let me know immediately that they're just throwing out crazy big numbers to make retards believe they'll see a payday if they stick with the company. Maybe the studio part is true but I can't imagine Riku's stingy ass would willingly throw 2 billion yen at a studio that won't produce results for at least a year.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I'd believe the studio part simply because Cover's new studio and Cover's dramatically rising event income kind of forced Riku's hand. How could Niji even be considered a part of the big two without its own studio?

Now, once the studio is there, hiring qualified personal at Anycolor's stingy rates is going to be a bit of a challenge. We know that Cover had considerable difficulties getting staff for its studio (maybe still has?), and Anycolor's minimum wage strategy isn't exactly going to do it any favors there. It has to splurge, it can splurge... but will it splurge?

niggaphil

I'd believe the studio part simply because Cover's new studio and Cover's dramatically rising event income kind of forced Riku's hand. How could Niji even be considered a part of the big two without its own studio?

Now, once the studio is there, hiring qualified personal at Anycolor's stingy rates is going to be a bit of a challenge. We know that Cover had considerable difficulties getting staff for its studio (maybe still has?), and Anycolor's minimum wage strategy isn't exactly going to do it any favors there. It has to splurge, it can splurge... but will it splurge?
Press X to doubt Rikku would spend his money on investing an actual studio.

The reason is simple. He is looking for short term profit only. He even admitted that in the past interview. He is not the type that could wait for few years to establish a functional studio. He rather pump more shitty talents because it is much cheaper (which also technically fuck the kurosanji buisness)

Besides that, I dont think KuroEN will be around anymore when the studio is completed.

GayKusa

Early Adopter
The new HoloCN will be a clique to compete with Niji.
Nerissa was only the start
Orange woman is grooming an army of indie/smol corpo chuubas to get them into hololive and sing her praises all day long
Utano will follow, then Killia and Panko are next
You just wait

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Yup, the part about 40 billion yen within 3 years let me know immediately that they're just throwing out crazy big numbers to make retards believe they'll see a payday if they stick with the company. Maybe the studio part is true but I can't imagine Riku's stingy ass would willingly throw 2 billion yen at a studio that won't produce results for at least a year.
When the studio was mentioned I immediately just assumed that it meant a studio apartment for Riku to be able to admire the view of his playbuttons (safely transported by the way) when the yacht is undergoing repairs from the 2,434th attack this year. To be fair, this is also the only studio Niji would spend Yachtbucks on that would produce immediate results.

:rikutazumi:

Nijisanji Investor lolcow thread when? Imagine looking at this disaster and the company's response yet thinking there's a reasonable risk:reward here.

Last edited:

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Nerissa was only the start
Orange woman is grooming an army of indie/smol corpo chuubas to get them into hololive and sing her praises all day long
Utano will follow, then Killia and Panko are next
You just wait
That's actually one of the funnier things about this whole affair to me. The people who freaked out about the mere existence of a clique essentially outed themselves as terminally online autists: v-tubing is an entertainment industry, built on connections and nepohires. Holo is no different. That isn't inherently a bad thing as long as people aren't being assholes for no reason. If Niji had decent tard-wrangling and a non-toxic work environment, the "niji-clique" would have benefited massively from working WITH Selen and using her connections in the gaming industry and Twitch to get collaborations and sponsorships.

If you think Kiara, for example, wouldn't have been part of a so-called "clique" if she had joined Niji before the Selen implosion, I've got a bridge to sell you.

-Knows JP, would be able to communicate with JP managers and talents
-Knows several of Niji's top talents, even before joining
-Will push for her own creative vision/events/collabs/etc. without necessarily worrying as much about whether or not it impacts other people's projects
-Will raise holy hell to anyone that will listen (including JP managers that other talents might not be able to communicate with as readily) if things aren't going her way on a project

Just saying. As it is now, the secret Niji cabal of Hanamori nepo-hires is obviously toxic, the Elira black screen video coming out at the same time as Doki's Neopets stream proved it. But Niji allowed/encouraged the development of that social dynamic in their company. Holo doesn't, so even if talents don't mesh well together it never grows beyond that point.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
inb4:
- they build some studio with mismatched outdated tech in some cheap warehouse (because minimal wage workers don't know shit nor care about it all)
- their concerts are still shitty regular weekend karaoke, but now in 3d
- ticket prices are jacked up even more
- they sell even less than now
- event revenue drop further
- Kuzuha is poached to join Holostars

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
-Will push for her own creative vision/events/collabs/etc. without necessarily worrying as much about whether or not it impacts other people's projects
-Will raise holy hell to anyone that will listen (including JP managers that other talents might not be able to communicate with as readily) if things aren't going her way on a project
You just described Zaion.

Okay, Zaion didn't know any of the top talents. But Kiara knew... Pomu? From way the fuck back? All the rest only came about after her collab with Pomu.

Plus, Kiara's inability to read the room is almost legendary.

She'd have been Zaion'd. 100%.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
That's actually one of the funnier things about this whole affair to me. The people who freaked out about the mere existence of a clique essentially outed themselves as terminally online autists: v-tubing is an entertainment industry, built on connections and nepohires. Holo is no different. That isn't inherently a bad thing as long as people aren't being assholes for no reason. If Niji had decent tard-wrangling and a non-toxic work environment, the "niji-clique" would have benefited massively from working WITH Selen and using her connections in the gaming industry and Twitch to get collaborations and sponsorships.

If you think Kiara, for example, wouldn't have been part of a so-called "clique" if she had joined Niji before the Selen implosion, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Just saying. As it is now, the secret Niji cabal of Hanamori nepo-hires is obviously toxic, the Elira black screen video coming out at the same time as Doki's Neopets stream proved it. But Niji allowed/encouraged the development of that social dynamic in their company. Holo doesn't, so even if talents don't mesh well together it never grows beyond that point.
I think since Kiara reaches out to anyone and everyone she wouldnt be that compatible with that mindset,
NijiENs usually only collabed with very likeminded people who were already friends with, while people like the wigger and Kiara extend alot of branches to people they barely meet but have great chemistry with, both in and out of the company

I dont think NijiEN Kiara would've went to Dokomi or talked with Pandora/Aura, or talked about Panko

The infamous "they can just fucking ask" clip really solidified alot of clique or nepo tism hire rrats to be about as bad as some people said because of the pure seething in that clip, such a seethe was contrasted by most ex-Nijis being glad to get their buttons, both graduated and terminated people

Last edited:

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I think since Kiara reaches out to anyone and everyone she wouldnt be that compatible with that mindset,
NijiENs usually only collabed with very likeminded people who were already friends with, while people like the wigger and Kiara extend alot of branches to people they barely meet but have great chemistry with, both in and out of the company

I dont thinn NijiEN Kiara would've went to Dokomi or talked with Pandora/Aura, or talked about Panko
Personally I always took the unwillingness of most Nijis to talk about other people/network with outside talent to be a company specific policy. Millie in particular has a lot of SEA connections from her time as Lyrica that she has just not gone back to as Millie. Pomu also dialed back on publicly interacting with a lot of her industry connections while in Niji, and has gotten back in touch with several people since leaving. And IIRC part of the in-company animosity towards Selen was that she was unwilling to jump through the retarded hoops Niji had towards exterior collabs, instead preferring to set them up herself.

With that said, I'm not necessarily defending a "Nijisanji Kiara would definitively be a secret bitch LOLOLOL" take per se. It's more that I find the thought experiment... interesting. It has implications for what exactly a v-tubing company and competent management looks like and should be able to achieve compared to an incompetent company. I think it might be worth considering which talents who have been successful as indies or in other corpos would actually manage to thrive in the post-Yugo Nijisanji (remember, a bunch of stuff was changed after Yugo's graduation to be less talent-friendly).

Like, I don't think most of the talents who have been successful in HoloEN would be able to succeed in Niji at all. I feel like Shiori and Kronii would be desperately unhappy 3 views, and Gura would probably have graduated a long time ago. Bae and Fauna would probably be fine, I guess? I don't know. Like I said, an interesting thought experiment more than anything.

EDIT: So maybe in this case Kiara would be more of a Selen, rather than a Millie who either gave up all her pre-Niji connections or brought them into the company. Kind of a horrifying thought

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

There were two parts of the Q&A I found interesting that weren't discussed here.
(Screenshots are google translated, expect errors)

Anycolor is building a studio, construction has begun and they expect the facility to cost 2 billion yen. They expect to start using the Studio this year already.
As part of a larger question on investment of funds until the year 2027, they say they set a goal of 40 billion yen of operating cash in addition to the 16 billion they have on hand today.
3-5 billion are to go to future studio investments as well as multimedia development. 20 billion are bookmarked for mergers and acquisitions, part of a total M&A budget of 50 billion comprised of cash, debt and investment funds.
They say they don't plan with M&A medium term but they will consider if a good deal comes along.

Your oshi might be bought by Nijisanji one day. But they do mention M&A targets being more in the supporting and technology fields.

Good work.

So I'm running on 0 coffee but if I'm reading this right, they think they can push for a 40 billion yen cash flow from operating activities for the fiscal year ending April 2027 (within the next 3 years). Their current cash flows from operating activities is only 6.9 billion yen, so they plan to nearly sextuple that within 3 years. The only way they're pulling that off is if they see an increase of 80% YoY for 3 years straight, which is fucking wild considering they set their estimates in every other measurable metric as 18-20%. Keep in mind that their cash flow from operating activities increased only 2.7% YoY for this year. Do they believe the studio they're planning on will take them to the moon?

They also plan to have 20 billion yen in cash on hand by that point. Currently they have 16.29 billion yen in cash and they've already announced they're burning 7.5 billion yen for a stock buyback, which will immediately tank them down to 8.79 billion yen. So the gap they're looking to close in 3 years is 11.21 billion yen. But then there's the consideration of the 2 billion yen they plan to invest in construction for their new studio, so the gap is now 13.21 billion yen. Their total cash flow was 3.8 billion yen for the year (which was dropped from 6.3 billion yen due to the December buyback for 2.5 billion yen). That 13.21 billion yen target in 3 years is definitely doable, even if they don't grow during these next 3 years, as long as they don't throw money around for no reason.

The problem though is that is that their cashflows have actually decreased YoY even if you ignore the 2.5 billion yen stock buyback. Last year their cash flow was 6.6 billion yen, so they saw a ~5% drop in their cash flows before you calculate the stock buyback. Even if this 5% YoY drop in cash flows continues for the next 3 years, they should still hit that 20 billion yen target but their stock is going to get hit because they're posting lower cash flows and planning on spending even more money, 9.5 billion to be exact, within the next year or so. If their immediate reaction to that problem is "let's do another buyback", they will risk their chance of hitting that 20 billion yen target.

They can probably get the cash to meet most of the goals, it's just a question of debt loads, really. But I highly doubt they'll properly invest in a studio. Especially since the Buyback probably could have funded them buying one outright already.

I'd agree that they only are even doing it because Cover is doing it. Anycolor is a Tech Bro startup that survived; Cover is a business that understands and is driving its market. Riku really should have found someone big Conglomerate to buy the company. Which might have actually been in the process but the early IP put the price so high that Riku backed out, stock collapsed and many terrible decisions keep being made.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The infamous "they can just fucking ask" clip really solidified alot of clique or nepo tism hire rrats to be about as bad as some people said because of the pure seething in that clip, such a seethe was contrasted by most ex-Nijis being glad to get their buttons, both graduated and terminated people
It's even better when you consider the situation.
>be 2view twitch streamer with 6.5k followers that averages <40 CCV and doesn't even break into 3view with max viewers
>get nepohired into NijiEN due to your hanamori connections
>NijiEN has deteriorated massively by the time of your debut but it's fine, it was enough to push you to solid 3view and you slowly gain 100k subs on youtube
>the Selen termination happens and now your meal ticket is threatened, start deepthroating Riku's cock with enthusiasm because you were nothing before Nijisanji
>now you're getting rewarded with the NBA sponsorship while no one else in your gen gets one and even Rosemi, a big basketball fan, gets nothing yet again

I feel bad for Vivi and Kunai because they were low 3views that have probably not grown enough in size to offset the cut that Niji takes.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
>now you're getting rewarded with the NBA sponsorship while no one else in your gen gets one and even Rosemi, a big basketball fan, gets nothing yet again
This is blown out of proportion, because, chances are, NBA itself is not even aware of this "sposnorship"
Collab with Rakuten is about same level as Raid shadow legends. Significance of Holo collab with single baseball team is magnuitudes bigger.
So yeah, i don't think Rosemi lost anything of value here.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
This is blown out of proportion, because, chances are, NBA itself is not even aware of this "sposnorship"
Collab with Rakuten is about same level as Raid shadow legends. Significance of Holo collab with single baseball team is magnuitudes bigger.
So yeah, i don't think Rosemi lost anything of value here.
Yeah, but it is just another case in a long line of times they have chosen talents for these sponsorships with no real thought put into it, thus leading people to make favoritism accusations.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Doki has a bird form now (and judging by the background she's probably announcing her new members' Minecraft server....)
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.06.13 PM.png
[Edit] Chibi too....
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 8.14.49 PM.png
[Edit 2] Not MC, new "skinsuit", looks Western themed.....

Last edited:

nitsuj293

[Edit 2] Not MC, new "skinsuit", looks Western themed.....
She said bounty hunter so kinda?

Now we wait to see all the big Nijisanji events trying to Mog her on the 22nd

tgmslc

I'm trying to imagine how a clique would even form within Hololive at this point. Looking at everything that's happened, it seems pretty obvious that the Niji clique mostly came about because there was basically zero management oversight and the patients were left to run the asylum. Meanwhile, a lot of Holomems - even ones that don't seem to stick out that much like Kronii, Shiori, and Bijou - have dedicated managers/tard-wranglers to whom they give little nicknames.

HoloPro would have to massively cut back on their staff and even then I don't see how a toxic clique would form with just the current members.

Personally I always took the unwillingness of most Nijis to talk about other people/network with outside talent to be a company specific policy.
I've never thought much about it but it would track with Anycolor's apparent soft-policy of eroding their livers' self-esteem and sense of agency. See, withholding play buttons, not investing in shit, killing entire branches, etc.

Now we wait to see all the big Nijisanji events trying to Mog her on the 22nd
Holy shit, can you imagine? If I were Riku and saw a big Niji event do smaller numbers than a random Dokibird community Minecraft stream, I'd find the nearest highrise to throw myself off of.

Limkin

Holy shit, can you imagine? If I were Riku and saw a big Niji event do smaller numbers than a random Dokibird community Minecraft stream, I'd find the nearest highrise to throw myself off of.
If you were Riku you would be praying to god Kuzuha doesn't start talking about retirement. This is assuming he actually cares about the company, and doesn't just go "fuck it, I made enough money for the rest of my life, let it burn"

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Got this from Reddit. Twisty straight-out retweeting Gura's birthday live. I don't know if this is a common thing she does, RTing/liking vtubers outside of Niji I mean.
1718540248478.jpeg

Limkin

Got this from Reddit. Twisty straight-out retweeting Gura's birthday live. I don't know if this is a common thing she does, RTing/liking vtubers outside of Niji I mean.
She will defeat Gura by stalking her

Top Bottom