"I can... I can lick back, right?"Kaela Kovalskia
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

Nijisanji L Collection

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Dude is getting ragged in the replies to this tweet for knowing it was retarded but doing it anyways. (Also "forced"? Get your life in order and touch some grass.)
People saying he should probably stay the fuck away from Mint as well.

I assume he's asleep and will have a sudden change of heart once he wakes up, so an Archive just in case.

"Forced to do it"

Live feed of him contemplating finishing the animation

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's really wild that some of the dedicated Niji-antis are somehow even bigger fags than some of the Niji defenders like that one Matara timestamper fag.

VSoyBoy

It's really wild that some of the dedicated Niji-antis are somehow even bigger fags than some of the Niji defenders like that one Matara timestamper fag.
Let's do some detective work :ameliaThink::
Screenshot 2024-06-15 053244.pngScreenshot 2024-06-15 053326.png
LATAM and LATAM sympathizers are to blame.

Punished Lurker

It's been 5 months since Selen's termination, Doki is better than ever and Niji has miraculously stopped making mistakes every five seconds, at this point the people who base their entire personality on this drama or want to make money out of it need to take or make anything to keep the fire going, even if they have to act like faggots to do so. Stunned said it better than I could:
I thought the animation was kind of funny and I liked the boobs, but I actually am not really interested in stuff like that being made. Selen is Dead and Gone. Doki is Doki and Thriving. The yacht will sink itself in time. I have no interest in the retirees curbstomping on riku or elira or anyone anymore since they (and their ccvs) are so good at doing it themselves. Especially since its now causing enough problems for Doki that she has to respond or feels like she must.

Speaking of the Matara timestamper, I just checked and it seems he's still around the subreddit, so chances are he's still being dumb

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
I don't know why Doki started getting larger breasts in fanworks
She specifically requested this 4 years ago, and that request is still active.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Capital gains is what a buyback gives you. And you can choose when to realise the gain - or for a stock that's gone down like Niji then you can just let it soak up your losses. Whereas if you get paid a dividend then you have to pay tax on it this year, which might mean you can't offset your losses against it (or get forced to sell your stock to do so). A buyback also means there's a ready buyer for people who do want to sell.

If you're saying this is a bad time for Niji to be returning money to shareholders I don't disagree, I was responding specifically to the suggestion of a one-off dividend. However bad you think a buyback is, a dividend is still worse, because it's economically the same thing but more awkward for shareholders' taxes.
The trend of Float Buybacks got too stuck in my head. I completely forgot about "tendering". Though the websites on the Japanese Tax code in English kind of suggest they'd be taxed at the exact same rates.

Now, thinking about internal book buying by Anycolor, I wonder if the buyback is actually happening at quite a lot higher valuation than the float? That might honestly be a far better explanation for the "why" than anything else.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Dude is getting ragged in the replies to this tweet for knowing it was retarded but doing it anyways. (Also "forced"? Get your life in order and touch some grass.)
People saying he should probably stay the fuck away from Mint as well.

I assume he's asleep and will have a sudden change of heart once he wakes up, so an Archive just in case.

It's a funny animation, but saying he was "forced" to make it? Come on.

What is the reasoning behind calling the animation racist? Is it because he used the alternate outfit that Vox actually has?

bothyourhouses

Though the websites on the Japanese Tax code in English kind of suggest they'd be taxed at the exact same rates.
It's taxed at the same rate when you realise it. But with a buyback you can choose when you realise the gain (and e.g. do it in a year where you have losses to offset) whereas with a dividend you don't have a choice, you receive it when it's paid and get taxed on it that year.

Pencilfreak

Mmm… pencils and graphite. Mmm.. erasers.

VSoyBoy

There were two parts of the Q&A I found interesting that weren't discussed here.
(Screenshots are google translated, expect errors)

Screenshot 2024-06-15 073235.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 073332.png
Anycolor is building a studio, construction has begun and they expect the facility to cost 2 billion yen. They expect to start using the Studio this year already.
Screenshot 2024-06-15 073725.png
As part of a larger question on investment of funds until the year 2027, they say they set a goal of 40 billion yen of operating cash in addition to the 16 billion they have on hand today.
3-5 billion are to go to future studio investments as well as multimedia development. 20 billion are bookmarked for mergers and acquisitions, part of a total M&A budget of 50 billion comprised of cash, debt and investment funds.
They say they don't plan with M&A medium term but they will consider if a good deal comes along.

Your oshi might be bought by Nijisanji one day. But they do mention M&A targets being more in the supporting and technology fields.

VSoyBoy

Doublepost because this really doesn't fit with the previous one.
Backpedalling because his oshi said he's a moron. He's not owning it mind you, it's all just a silly mistake:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It's a funny animation, but saying he was "forced" to make it? Come on.

What is the reasoning behind calling the animation racist? Is it because he used the alternate outfit that Vox actually has?
I don't know if the guy is retarded or what, but it definitely seems like a dumb move as a Doki fan, especially with her being Chinese. He could have been animating Dokibites, now he is just gonna forever known for this in the community.

Glad he did it, though. The animation is hilarious and this fallout is even funnier.

WEY TO GO, WETARD.
:voxppinyourcoke:

Stunned But Dumb

Backpedalling because his oshi said he's a moron. He's not owning it mind you, it's all just a silly mistake:

Damn I too hate when I try and draw Mint and instead the file gets corrupted and Elira and Vox appear. It's a common occurrence. Can happen to anyone. Nice archive earlier, because he deleted the tweet he was "forced" to make

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

tgmslc

There were two parts of the Q&A I found interesting that weren't discussed here.

Anycolor is building a studio, construction has begun and they expect the facility to cost 2 billion yen. They expect to start using the Studio this year already.
So they're playing catch-up to Cover, who've absolutely bossed them in the Live Events part of the business. Maybe if they keep throwing money at the problem, they can catch up & maybe someday retake the #1 spot, but Cover is actual years ahead of them in terms of producing huge live events at this point.

closedblas

Contracted out to Rolocyna Inc, led by CEO Rizumi Taku.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
She specifically requested this 4 years ago, and that request is still active.
Fellow flat chested tomboy enjoyers,

let us mourn.

When everyone else crushed on Kelly in Married With Children, I crushed on Marcy.

God's Strongest Dragoon

As part of a larger question on investment of funds until the year 2027, they say they set a goal of 40 billion yen of operating cash in addition to the 16 billion they have on hand today.
3-5 billion are to go to future studio investments as well as multimedia development. 20 billion are bookmarked for mergers and acquisitions, part of a total M&A budget of 50 billion comprised of cash, debt and investment funds.
They say they don't plan with M&A medium term but they will consider if a good deal comes along.

Your oshi might be bought by Nijisanji one day. But they do mention M&A targets being more in the supporting and technology fields.
So I'm running on 0 coffee but if I'm reading this right, they think they can push for a 40 billion yen cash flow from operating activities for the fiscal year ending April 2027 (within the next 3 years). Their current cash flows from operating activities is only 6.9 billion yen, so they plan to nearly sextuple that within 3 years. The only way they're pulling that off is if they see an increase of 80% YoY for 3 years straight, which is fucking wild considering they set their estimates in every other measurable metric as 18-20%. Keep in mind that their cash flow from operating activities increased only 2.7% YoY for this year. Do they believe the studio they're planning on will take them to the moon?

They also plan to have 20 billion yen in cash on hand by that point. Currently they have 16.29 billion yen in cash and they've already announced they're burning 7.5 billion yen for a stock buyback, which will immediately tank them down to 8.79 billion yen. So the gap they're looking to close in 3 years is 11.21 billion yen. But then there's the consideration of the 2 billion yen they plan to invest in construction for their new studio, so the gap is now 13.21 billion yen. Their total cash flow was 3.8 billion yen for the year (which was dropped from 6.3 billion yen due to the December buyback for 2.5 billion yen). That 13.21 billion yen target in 3 years is definitely doable, even if they don't grow during these next 3 years, as long as they don't throw money around for no reason.

The problem though is that is that their cashflows have actually decreased YoY even if you ignore the 2.5 billion yen stock buyback. Last year their cash flow was 6.6 billion yen, so they saw a ~5% drop in their cash flows before you calculate the stock buyback. Even if this 5% YoY drop in cash flows continues for the next 3 years, they should still hit that 20 billion yen target but their stock is going to get hit because they're posting lower cash flows and planning on spending even more money, 9.5 billion to be exact, within the next year or so. If their immediate reaction to that problem is "let's do another buyback", they will risk their chance of hitting that 20 billion yen target.

Limkin

All of this talks about what are they going to do in the next 3-5 years is a marketing stunt. They've never talked about it before, they never had any plans for this long, and the only reason it's here now is because they want you to think the company is in a stable condition. Which usually means - it's very much unstable and they are terrified of consequences of you finding it out. And they can set whatever projections they want, because no one will remember it in 3 years, and they can chalk up all the differences to "unforeseen circumstances" anyway. Not to mention they couldn't hit their own quarterly goals recently, so why one should believe they can precisely predict their abilities over the course of the multiple years?

Top Bottom