Nijisanji declares Total Retard War on Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Making changes doesn't do anything for a company's reputation, it just gets the company back on track, but that reputation is built through years of hard work.

Once damaged, it is hard to repair. Rather than Black Company 2024's bad PR, I am more worried about whether people will lose faith in VTB and other companies because of these incidents. Audiences, like outstanding talents, may never come back if they are lost
An entirely justifiable concern since this is now hitting the online normiesphere hard. At this point, it's pretty much inevitable that your prediction will become reality.

The good news is that we were never truly out of the Vshojo good, everyone else evil slanteyed corporate slavedrivers phase in the first place, so it's not that big of a change. And hey, it does gatekeep the hobby, after a fashion.

chihirogumi

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Schizo drunk rambling at 1am:

My genuine feeling after the "apology" statement by Riku is that Lawyers are now in the "How much for you to fuck off?" stage of negotiation. I know /vt/ thinks Niji will wage all out war and lock her into expensive, legal financial death... but theyve sort of tried that several times already and its blown up in their... actual. physical. shareprice.

Fortunately (Selenium), i reckon they realised this is a car crash (once the ceo had to make a massive japanese bow), and offered you 2 million USD to stop talking about them and theyd stfu about you and let you play neopets in peace.[/ISPOILER]
If only they were smart enough to do that in the first place :botanshrug:If there is something like that behind closed doors atm, I imagine there's a lot of talk between Doki and her lawyers to see if it's worth it to her logically....
A big problem with just wanting this to go away is that there are likely several talents ready to jump ship when they get the chance. Anymore graduations and/or terminations will probably sink branch and maybe even force JP to downsize to maintain profitability.
If they end up having similar situations continue to happen, imagine having to pay 2 mil per talent termination.... I'm not a legal expert, this is not legal counsel. Each situation/individual is different, and we're talking a big lawyer mess with international court tomfoolery.

And do remember JP court systems are weird about reputation. Could talents sue for reputations being destroyed maliciously?

I'd more expect them to make Livers they dislike suffer in abject misery so they quit (or try minecrafting themselves like Selen...). You know, standard black JP company stuff....

Tbh, you guys could save yourself the IQ loss of seeing Pipkun's pothead coombrain takes if you use the ignore function and choose not to respond. If there's nothing of worth there, don't read it

Last edited:

grenskul

Spergin' in the rain
Oh hey, I thought you hated this site...
Nah. Just stepped back from vtuber drama/schizoing a week or 2 before the farms imploded and this got created. Don't hate this site. Just not active around any vtuber fan places stuff anymore. It's the clip watcher life for me (after this "niji burns down" thing, this one I had to watch live).

Xuhle

Just a bit of devil's advocate, but what if the 15 min video on elira channel was a schedule video and was originally thought to be and try and calm people down so they don't have another Zaion of her getting bullied, doxxed and harassed. Only for it to not only backfire spectacular but male things even worse for kurosanji.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
i wonder what it'll take to settle and salvage rep at least partially...
As they so love to go public, at bare minimum it have to be public apology to Doki (Doki, not Selen!) starring riku, unholy trinity and whole chain of involved managers and public monetary compensation, 2+kk$. And immediately let go all livers who want to leave, also removing like half of NDA terms.
Failing that, any liver would have to go all out "fuck contract" and spill all the beans to salvage their reputation and sanity. Or get a vouch from Doki and/or other ex. Because in any other case harrasment won't stop just because someone asked nicely. three dumbfucks nicely volounteered to be scrapegoats, but everyone else is presumed guilty still (except ViVi, Scarle and Rosemi)

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I saw some sisters crying about someone showing an irl picture of vox using his art tag. I looked for it and its indeed true. People cant help themselves but be the biggest retards.

Archive anyways

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Are Canadian court preceedings as public as US ones? I hope this shit goes to court and implicates everyone currently in NijiEN, inadvertently meaning these retards doxed themselves.

frz

Are Canadian court preceedings as public as US ones? I hope this shit goes to court and implicates everyone currently in NijiEN, inadvertently meaning these retards doxed themselves.
It's likely stated in Selen's contract that all legal proceeding must go to a japanese court. I wouldnt hold your heads up high for that one. And Japanese court doesnt allow recordings.
Unless she can somehow prove that the contract is null and unenforceable.
Source: actually made a lot of international contracts as a working adult.
At best you'd get a Singaporean arbitration for disputes through negotations, but it's always the home country of the one having an upperhand.

Xuhle

It's likely stated in Selen's contract that all legal proceeding must go to a japanese court. I wouldnt hold your heads up high for that one. And Japanese court doesnt allow recordings.
Careful with assuming like that, cause they didn't even have nda or correct nda for artist.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
If it goes to JP court, could she potentially go after them for trying to damage her reputation, though? JP law is big on that, and it just so happens they released a three page document and video doing just that.... Selen refrained from doing such, and it wasn't until they deleted Selen's channel and released the doc she responded in any sort of way

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'd pay actual money to find out what's leading to the continuous fuckups. At what point do they use a bit of that merch cash to hire a PR person who's familiar with the english-speaking side of the internet?
My two cents on the cause of Niji EN's downfall:
First of all and the most important bit, I think all of the issues faced by Niji atm are caused by one thing: their blatant and prolonged unwillingness to view things from a western perspective, and underestimating the western market as "lesser" or "Just a side gig".

Niji's unwillingness to hire good managers and invest in their EN project caused a lot of the issues that we have seen for the past year, their hiring of inexperienced or incompetent personnel has damaged their reputation not only with the audience but also their own livers, creating an environment of fear and allowing cliques to form between the livers. Their out of control hiring of new livers also contributed to this issue, creating new waves without proper planning or allowing them to seamlessly mesh with the rest of their cast, they just wanted to flood the EN market like they did in JP, but EN isn't JP and Niji's hubris is obvious here as well.

Then comes the Selen stuff, I think Niji genuinely thinks they are in the right here, they aren't just doing this for investors, I am 90% sure they genuinely think Selen deserved what she got and they did nothing wrong. I think this way because Niji has proven their inability to take an EN perspective, their perspective is ultra corpo JP culture, and in said culture Selen clearly disobeyed management and then proceeded to tell people to re-upload that video without permission, she was going rogue on them so they obviously took control of her accounts.

This looks REALLY bad from our perspective, it obviously appears as Selen being mistreated by management and having to comply with draconian rules that we couldn't possibly understand. The thing is, Niji's rules are probably not that different from say: Hololive's, their problem is that the incompetent EN staff has made it much harder and much more complex than it needs to be, so they naturally butt heads with the livers, but in the company's eyes the livers are obviously the ones at fault.

So Selen tries to commit an hero, something which again, we see as a total vindication of our troubles but the company probably sees as out of their control, their view of it is likely similar to how Rushia contacting Korekore was for Hololive, they were just following protocol and then the vtuber does something unbelievably stupid, of course they are never gonna take responsibility for that! They just see Selen as some upstart who failed to follow the rules for months, constantly defied management and then tried to off herself and now everyone hates them.

This whole thing culminates in the termination notice, which is essentially just Niji going "Selen is the one at fault!" because in their eyes, SHE IS. In their eyes this whole thing has gone completely out of control for no reason, they are just doing their thing and suddenly the whole western market hates them, of course they are gonna lash out and blame Selen and try to reassure their investors, how is any of this their fault?! Well it is, because they never considered how it looked to us, they are unable to see things outside of their corporate prison so this response is totally alien to them. Remember these are the people who terminated Gundo over a fucking joke? And the japanese CELEBRATED it? Yeah, that is the kind of culture Niji (and largely japan as a society) works on and it is their fatal flaw, they are steadfast on THEIR way of doing things, they are totally unwilling to see things any other way and actively mock the idea that they could be wrong. It is just pure undiluted hubris.

This is why they refuse to back down, this is why they haven't just apologized and gone back to business, they just don't see anything wrong with their actions. I think this is the main difference between Niji and Holo, Hololive actually decided to be humble and understand westerners, they know that the west is fundamentally different and their approach has to change to appeal to us. They even replaced Omegatroon with Jap because it clearly wasn't working and we know many of the talents have close relationships with their managers and have relied on them for support overseas.
Even the jew took a look and said, you know what? that is retarded, lets take some steps to assure I don't go full retard (again) and implode my company.
He probably saw the shitstorm and rightly thought that appearing considerate and responsible in the face of so much agency distrust would boost his good boy score much more than if he'd announced this any other day.

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
That maybe struck down depending on how it was written. Uber had in their contract that arbitration had to happen in Switzerland as the cost of the contractor with uber picking the arbitrator .( maybe wrong on the Euro country). Canadian courts ruled that void since it gave Uber too much power in the process

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
Vox's involvement comes from his part in the explanation video, where he describes approaching Selen along with a number of other unspecified livers to discuss her handling of things with her manager because they felt she was acting unnecessarily and harmfully, and they were anxious that Selen's friction might cause problems for them from management in general.
Vox says he believes that they didn't do this in a harassing manner, but personally, if a bunch of my work colleagues (who aren't even all directly associated with me) began collectively criticising me all at once over my personal issues with one/some of my bosses that they're not involved in...I might feel harrassed. The video is worded very politely and passively but framing is everything here and it could just be an attempt to get ahead of further allegations. I guess we'll see if/when Doki releases her receipts of their interactions.
Generally, if things get bad enough that you'd need to have a talk with a corporate colleague, you relay it through a manager for a number of reasons. I can see how this could come to pass without any of them realizing that, especially with the evident quality of Nijisanji's management.

frz

If it goes to JP court, could she potentially go after them for trying to damage her reputation, though? JP law is big on that, and it just so happens they released a three page document and video doing just that.... Selen refrained from doing such, and it wasn't until they deleted Selen's channel and released the doc she responded in any sort of way
I'm not a legal expert, but for defamation court you have to provide what damage you suffered from which defamation and require them to reimburse such damage.
The fact that she was able to get 200k in merch revenue (not income) might goes against her case for defamation.
This happened to niji themselves even where they seek defamation damage but was laughed out of court because they were selling merches of the defamed liver (that they themselves put on suspension to fake damages). Check the Roa's case.
Careful with assuming like that, cause they didn't even have nda or correct nda for artist.
They might get names wrong but that clause is in literally every contract templates. I at least expect them to be able to copy paste.
E.g.: Any dispute arising from this Contract shall be settled by negotiation. If failure to negotiate, the parties shall request competent court of Japan to settle.
You aren't required to put in any names in clause like this, the only thing they can somehow fuck up is the word Japan.

Edit: Ew pipkun stop liking my shit

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I saw some sisters crying about someone showing an irl picture of vox using his art tag. I looked for it and its indeed true. People cant help themselves but be the biggest retards.

Archive anyways
It's like ten thousand Chinese vaginas suddenly turned from lush wetlands into tiny copies of the atacama desert.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
It's likely stated in Selen's contract that all legal proceeding must go to a japanese court.
Only if she sue them. Any JP verdict is non-binding until confirmed by her local canadial court.

Anyway, gootta finally watch Parrot's hard work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom