"I thought this was like, a leash, and you wanted me to hang myself or something."Axel Syrios

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I liked it, but I think it's leaning too much on the JJ Abrams mystery box thing where there's a lot of mystery set up that pulls you in, but the creator probably doesn't have it all planned out so a lot of it won't be addressed or poorly addressed down the line.

An understandable concern. Best path they could take is to ignore the "mystery" and just make it a character driven show.

This sounds like.... it sounds like the Quake soundtrack

I definitely hear it. Makes me want to play more Quake.

Jacks Wasted Life

I'm gonna have to disagree with that one Pippa. It looks like a tumblr users pony oc.
God that looks terrible. Keep in mind that the cost cutting on MLP was just a color swap, mane and tail, wings, horns, cutey marks. Every pony was the same model. Turned out great compared to this abomination.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
An understandable concern. Best path they could take is to ignore the "mystery" and just make it a character driven show.
I think if they made it into a nice long movie or mini series it would be best, let us enjoy the characters and move on before the formula becomes redundant. It would also give them more chance to do fun things like the Chess Kings hands floating away when he grabbed the one girl's head without them running out of things to play with in the space.

Maybe I'm wrong and there's a lot more to the space, but I think if they hit a few of the key points and end with a new person showing up and Pomni having to comfort them, thus everything coming full circle, it would be best.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I definitely hear it. Makes me want to play more Quake.
Yeah it sounds like its pitching up the bells and wind sounds with some other stuff put on top of it

Like the general ambience sounds like a combination of Damnation and a couple other songs from that album, I mean game

EDIT: I swear I am hearing the background pipe hit as well that Reznor sprinkles in on the soundtrack

Jacks Wasted Life

I think if they made it into a nice long movie or mini series it would be best, let us enjoy the characters and move on before the formula becomes redundant. It would also give them more chance to do fun things like the Chess Kings hands floating away when he grabbed the one girl's head without them running out of things to play with in the space.

Maybe I'm wrong and there's a lot more to the space, but I think if they hit a few of the key points and end with a new person showing up and Pomni having to comfort them, thus everything coming full circle, it would be best.
Is it actually worth watching? Not in the the "it's OK for western animation" sense, but the "yeah, it's really good, check it out" sense? My backlog and free time are at war.

Security

Is it actually worth watching? Not in the the "it's OK for western animation" sense, but the "yeah, it's really good, check it out" sense? My backlog and free time are at war.

I'd recommend it. It's really refreshing considering the past decade. It's like when entertainment was made to be entertaining, and it's quite entertaining.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

I'm 14 and this is deep

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Nope thats Quake this game sampled Quake

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
It was ok, pretty fun. I think the animation isn't the core part of it, but they do play around with the medium which is nice, and the story is fun even if it's a pilot episode so it has some bloat. The main character is good and some of the side ones are good too. I like that unlike a lot of indie Western animated or drawn media it doesn't lean on sex appeal or overly sexual humor at all.

Eat em and breed em

I need help

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)

Sven

Given how important the sound design is for this, big miss not having a heavy wooden clomping noise for the bridge/houses instead of snow/nothing

RedRage

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

Jacks Wasted Life

lets see if we can bully her into playing Johan's farm.

RedRage

9.1 :sakanapleasepippa:
Pippa, your scale is beyond fucked. The game was fine, I'd give it a 7 or so.

Henrik Carter

Disco Contagium!
Stop grading it on potential, Pippa.

Security

9.1 :sakanapleasepippa:
Pippa, your scale is beyond fucked. The game was fine, I'd give it a 7 or so.

It wasn't a game.

It's a fine media experience, but it ain't a game.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
I mean, he doesn't have a stranglehold on the concept of playing 3 fucking games. Sure, his series is popular but come on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom