"Would gladly offer my tako sausage to her in exchange for her to drop the f-bomb on me before bed"Ninomae Ina'nis (from the past)

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunned But Dumb

kingcaid

I look forward to the 2 weeks of schizophrenia from the posters in this thread and Pippa.

RedRage

I look forward to the 2 weeks of schizophrenia from the posters in this thread and Pippa.
I will try my best not to be a problem:pippasadl:.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
This is what she gets for wanting to stream non-sponsored Genshin whaling. Thank you Lord.
:smugina:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Fishamn really should invest in one staffer tech and hardware parts market savvy enough to put PCs together for these girls instead of letting them go with shitty overpriced prebuilts. When your whole business relies on these girls having functional machines, it's the least you can do to help them and yourself.
Problem is they most likely wouldn't have enough work for a full-time tech, and the nature of it would require highly remote work. It'd need to be some kind of contractor to do everything for them most likely.

The real issue is its difficult for anyone who isn't computer savvy to find out who is and isn't a knowledgeable local IT tech. And knowing Pippa, she'd just take it to Best Buy or something and hope they can fix it. It's the kinda thing that annoys me because on a professional level I'm like "Oh god, this is probably a totally easy fix" but I know there's nothing I can do to help. Drives a person nuts. :annoyedpippa:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Two week unscheduled hiatus because of dead computer, calling it now.
Pippa's parts are going to be in holiday shipping hell.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Who could have foreseen such a tragedy?

Fishamn really should invest in one staffer tech and hardware parts market savvy enough to put PCs together for these girls instead of letting them go with shitty overpriced prebuilts. When your whole business relies on these girls having functional machines, it's the least you can do to help them and yourself.
her entire fanbase told her not to buy a shitty pre built but she did it anyway.

Pippa also does herself zero favors with her neglecting to take care of her rigs, with the aforementioned huge problems of her being completely unorganized, cluttered, and leaving intensive things open for days/weeks at a time without shutting the computer down.
the first pc died because it was clogged with dust and human and dog hair

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

famous artist pipkun

Panko Enjoyer

xX_KenpachiNarutoSlayer420_Xx

Pippa also does herself zero favors with her neglecting to take care of her rigs, with the aforementioned huge problems of her being completely unorganized, cluttered, and leaving intensive things open for days/weeks at a time without shutting the computer down.
isn't the "leaving your computer on = bad" thing a meme? I leave this shit on for weeks on end and the first thing that failed was my 5 year old external HDD.

famous artist pipkun

isn't the "leaving your computer on = bad" thing a meme? I leave this shit on for weeks on end and the first thing that failed was my 5 year old external HDD.
windows still doesnt handle ram shit very well. best to restart your shit every so often

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I personally have a trashheap PC and the longer I leave it on, I can visibly notice the performance and loadtimes on games, browsers and applications (and everything else) get progressively worse and worse until I restart it, so maybe it just depends? Either way, the rest still stands.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
With modern specs, it's harder to see the effect of leaving it on for too long, but it exists, at least for windows. You get less lifespan out of your parts but let's face it, 14 years going down to 10 or 9 isn't noticeable when you swap computers every 5-6 years

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Heat reduces the life of everything, PC components included. A PC that's off will live longer than one that's on will live longer than one that's constantly 3°C away from shutdown because all the fans are clogged with dog hair and you're maxing everything out to run VTube Studio and Photoshop and a video editor and sixty browser tabs and Crysis on max settings in the background. Let your PC rest when you do. It's not a server.

But this is just armchair IT. Could just be a case of bottom-of-the-barrel parts from a fly-by-night prebuild company.

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Problem is they most likely wouldn't have enough work for a full-time tech, and the nature of it would require highly remote work. It'd need to be some kind of contractor to do everything for them most likely.

The real issue is its difficult for anyone who isn't computer savvy to find out who is and isn't a knowledgeable local IT tech. And knowing Pippa, she'd just take it to Best Buy or something and hope they can fix it. It's the kinda thing that annoys me because on a professional level I'm like "Oh god, this is probably a totally easy fix" but I know there's nothing I can do to help. Drives a person nuts. :annoyedpippa:
Yeah, Phase would need to be at least Hololive sized to make a position like that worth the cost when it would mostly be sitting on ones own hands 90% of the time until an actual issue appears.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I normally used to leave my PC on Sleep when I'm not using it, old habit from when SSDs were rare for Desktops and I didn't want to actually save my work. I would only ever shut it down during bad storms or when it needs to do an essential update, However; This new rig I built recently is different though as it likes to wake itself up due to Windows 10 Bullshit and now with the plague of the RGB bullshit that I'm forced to use like my AIO Cooler fans it makes it really fucking annoying when I'm trying to sleep and my room is illuminated with every color under the visible spectrum (yes, I use the software provided by the manufacturer to set my RGB fans to one solid color during the day/night and it doesn't help because when my PC goes to "sleep" I guess the process isn't completely prioritized when it wakes because it goes back to being color vomit). The only way to escape this bullshit is to do a full shutdown. Which isn't painful because its 2023 and everyone uses an NVME SSD with their OS loaded on it which makes booting up take 2 seconds at most.
tl;dr if you're living in 2023 with a PC with any sort of SSD and your OS is installed on it, there's not really much of a reason to not have your PC off when you're not using it.

formerly pipkin (Parody)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom