"I found Jesus too; I found Jesus at the church, and I'm still sad"Fujikura Uruka

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
This is exactly why you creep me out. You come off like some guy looking through the glass of a Special School, staring at an actual mentally retarded girl, and commenting "aw yiss gonna stick my dick in that."

Such people are shunned from society for a reason.
I'm not JFG you pervert.

xX_KenpachiNarutoSlayer420_Xx

Is this a woman thing? Or a Pippa thing?
This is a neurodivergent thing combined with a "surrounded by unreasonable women-minds during formative years" thing.

Imagine how we know women to be, and then imagine how petty girls (children and teenagers) are in their peer relationships ("yeah she's not talking to me anymore, so I guess ___'s my new best friend now" etc). If you're burned by interpersonal relationships, an intelligent Asperger's or similar will seek to analyze the people and relationships around them to figure out what went wrong. Pippa, seeing these girls around her, would naturally come to the conclusion that friendships are transactional, by extrapolating the most characteristic (so she thinks) effects of interpersonal friendship that she can observe (such as so-and-so talking about why other girl is mean or didn't talk to me or is a bitch--typical girl shit).

And so, without having a friend who would stick up for her as a true bro would for another bro, and without consuming media which features this trope either (these are typically in coming-of-age stories which boys like, and she probably was never into that type of shit), we can easily imagine just what sort of "friendship" she was exposed to as a girl growing up around other girls, while being neurodivergent to boot.

I'm not a psychologist, but I believe my points stand on their own reason without an appeal to credentials. If she reads here, I would answer "how do I know what do people want in a friend" with "assume their desires are the same as yours (if you believe your desires to be reasonable, others should hold similar desires, no?) and if they take offense (assuming you are being honourable in your dealings with them--genuinely betraying one's friends is indeed something to be ashamed of, and being distant does not constitute such a betrayal), they are at best "adequate acquaintances" rather than worthy friends.

e. format

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
You just have to work on fixing that.
If it's any consolation throwing children's toys at her seems a solid distraction.

re Pippa's views on the transactional nature of relationships: it's a common line of thought for those with low self-esteem. That they're not valuable in and of themselves and so must have something to "offer" or the other person gains from the interaction to justify their interest. If she cheers up, gets in a more confident mood, her belief in that should lessen to a more functional level. There's my armchair psychology for this stream.

Postal rrat

chinshilla
I am watching a grown woman play with dinosaurs on a Saturday evening its the highlight of my day I am cringe and I am free

lvl8

It's okay to admit you still play with toys Pippa. We already know you're autistic.

Sven

"I'm an adult"
"I don't want my dinosaur toys to come with slime"

These were in the same sentence and I think I took mental damage from it

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
re Pippa's views on the transactional nature of relationships: it's a common line of thought for those with low self-esteem. That they're not valuable in and of themselves and so must have something to "offer" or the other person gains from the interaction to justify their interest. If she cheers up, gets in a more confident mood, her belief in that should lessen to a more functional level. There's my armchair psychology for this stream.
I think that's part of it, but Pippa is also probably a pragmatist by nature so she tends to try and find pragmatic reasons for why people do what they do. I don't think it's wrong to view relationships as transactional, as long as you don't think the transaction requires something more than the selfish desire of someone getting enjoyment from your company.

JMForte

So what's her opinion on the Nigersaurus?

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I think that's part of it, but Pippa is also probably a pragmatist by nature so she tends to try and find pragmatic reasons for why people do what they do. I don't think it's wrong to view relationships as transactional, as long as you don't think the transaction requires something more than the selfish desire of someone getting enjoyment from your company.
You made a good point, and didn't completely ruin it by saying weird groomer shit at the end. I'm actually proud of you.

Postal rrat

chinshilla
"I hated cera from the land before time" Isn't that normal?

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Stop being agreeable. It feels wrong.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Thinking about Land Before Time always just reminds me of the girl that played Ducky, then I get sad...

Topo Chico

Dinos are not oil it’s a Big Science lie

xX_KenpachiNarutoSlayer420_Xx

"Pragmatist by nature" is a very polite way to refer to autistics in general, but otherwise I agree.

Stunned But Dumb

Unfortunately whenever Land Before Time comes up I think of Cera's super racist dad. Man was really on some "This is a three-horn neighborhood. Long Necks keep walking" type beat at all times

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
"Pragmatist by nature" is a very polite way to refer to autistics in general, but otherwise I agree.
It's a specific brand of autism, she could be an objectivist but I don't think she's quite that far gone on the Rand spectrum.

Postal rrat

chinshilla
Unfortunately whenever Land Before Time comes up I think of Cera's super racist dad. Man was really on some "This is a three-horn neighborhood. Long Necks keep walking" type beat at all times
We need a based react

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
pippa burn.png

:SelenHAHAhere::SelenHAHAhere::SelenHAHAhere:

Topo Chico

It’s nutty that there’s 14 Land Before Times movies, glad kids get to enjoy wholesome dino films

lvl8

So what's her opinion on the Nigersaurus?
Despite making up 13% of the Dino population they commit more than 30% of violent dino attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom