[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Pippa is right about the AI thing, machine learning is rather limited and the times when they claimed an AI achieved sentience, when people looked in depth into the conversation it was all bullshit propped up by the media.

The way most machine learning works is by means of point systems right now which leads to weird loops and outcomes, but it's usually because it just tunnels into a direction that rewards it for points. A robot to play soccer with other robots for example accidently looped into vibrating the ball because it got points whenever it passed or received the ball, but it wasn't because it figured out how to exploit the game, it just found one move that it could replicate infinitely that increased its points rapidly. It wasn't even that it knew it found something, it was just made to replicate things that increased its score and eventually ran into a quick multiplier.
A.I. is too simple at this stage to be considered sentient, simple as.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Isnt that basically the same as our brains rewarding us with dopamine for completing the tasks or indulging in vices?

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

1677297867984.png

>Neuro-Sama isn't actually alive
Henri on suicide watch.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Holy shit I've been barely paying attention, has she really been on a tangent this long from reading an email in the game?

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
A.I. is too simple at this stage to be considered sentient, simple as.
Pretty much, I think it's possible, just the stuff we see now is still just a program.

Isnt that basically the same as our brains rewarding us with dopamine for completing the tasks or indulging in vices?
Inability to actually learn. Going back to the soccer example, jiggling the ball is exploiting the concept of the reward system and it will never break free from that loop once initiated.

You can teach anything sentient to avoid an action without changing the function of it's brain by means of direct code injection or resetting it.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Holy shit I've been barely paying attention, has she really been on a tangent this long from reading an email in the game?
I've seen some tankies review this game and unirionically ask: 'Why is this bad?' to the whole 'this is why communism is bad, kids' stuff, so I'll take rabbit woman verbal diarrhea-ing Asimov any day of the week.

Early Adopter
I consider sentience as ability of self awareness, honestly

this is why henri isnt sentient and shouldnt be treated like a sentient human being

lvl8

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Edit: I disagree with Pippa on that humanity can never be abstracted to AI, it's just that it's not there yet and we don't know if it's possible or not.

I consider sentience as ability of self awareness, honestly

this is why henri isnt sentient and shouldnt be treated like a sentient human being
To be fair, there's probably a type of humanity that isn't sentient.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
I've seen some tankies review this game and unirionically ask: 'Why is this bad?' to the whole 'this is why communism is bad, kids' stuff, so I'll take rabbit woman verbal diarrhea-ing Asimov any day of the week.
Tankies have no rational thoughts. They shouldn't be considered human either. They're more robotic than the robots in this game.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Early Adopter
With ChatGPT writing code, could we make an ai that actually learns by altering itself?

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
An AI comic book should be copy rightable in my opinion, the arrangement of the art is unique to the author. Was it a case tried in Japan as I remember there was a manga that was AI drawn.

With ChatGPT writing code, could we make an ai that actually learns by altering itself?
If it can write code to itself in response to stimulus then yes. It would also need to be unique code beyond just drawing from databases.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Hell yea Math teachers are almost always great! BASED BASED BASED BASED BASED!
I want to agree, just not with you. Though you can get through most science subjects in college if you're good at math.
What's wrong with agreeing with someone who's totally right?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Fucking Rie thinks she can get people to fucking like her by raiding Pippa. WE SEE STRAIGHT THROUGH YOU!
Did you enjoy Rie's stream before you came over to Pippa's?

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I want to agree, just not with you. Though you can get through most science subjects in college if you're good at math.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Mister mathematician, are you a math teacher, by chance?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
An AI comic book should be copy rightable in my opinion, the arrangement of the art is unique to the author.
The issue might as well be resolved by a judge flipping a coin.

Early Adopter
It would also need to be unique code beyond just drawing from databases.
I think its fine to use a code that isn't unique for optimisation and if it either produces a result that is unique or right. We as sentient species don't learn everything by ourselves, we still have teachers that teach us skills by example, that make us see different perspective by conversing.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I'm starting to think Pippa might have autism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom