"I don't want to alarm you but I might be stupid"Gawr Gura

Ikari Tenri / "Henry" / Henry M. Magalona

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Having all the different vtubers in one thread also highlights interesting streams and clips from vtubers you'd never normally watch and also helps stop the threads devolving into hugboxes. There are also already spots to talk about individual vtubers that are self-contained, such as company discord channels, so having a different format is a good point of difference.

And Henri is quite, quite crazy and has written several manifestos already. He's definitely worth highlighting.
This, and it also helps curb tribalism, if we are all trapped in the same thread we are forced to, if not like each other, at least tolerate one another. Having separate threads where ecochambers can prosper is a perfect way to create drive-bys, factional strife, resentment and falseflagging bullshit. The proctor couldn't punish anyone from one side without looking like he's playing favourites.
We would just become another /vt/ but without the anonymity, and since this site is mostly PC and Hololive centered, you would end with a ton of people in those threads antagonizing everyone else, and the hololive thread would probably just become a de-facto "general thread" anyways.

The purpose of the general thread is more of a news feed with everything mixed in, a slice of everything interesting happening in the community that someone has cared enough about to post. These specialized threads are for documentation and discussion, the information here is meant to build a sort of profile for anyone wanting to learn about the subject; it fulfills a completely different purpose. I do think that threads for major drama spectacles/events would be a good idea, but that is up to the users of the site to work on and maintain, we also haven't had any BIG drama spectacles lately.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

1669574784503.png

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I"m definitely Team Henry, though. The guy is this whole hobby in pure id form; pure impulse without that pesky ego to keep that energy in check. Anyone wanting to become a streamer need only to consider the case of Henry Ikari and ask themselves, "If this man were to notice me and direct his tidal wave of autism at me and my community, would I be able to handle it?" And if the answer is yes, then they truly have the temperament to be a virtual YouTuber in the current environment. As the hammer strikes iron, so too will dragon-women and rabbit-girls be made stronger and more refined by the blunt force of Ikari's inelegant autism.
I don't have a problem with Henri being as much of a schizo as they exist in virtually every vtuber community now. I'm more so concerned about the community rallying behind him like he's some sort of great figurehead. This dude is an actual unironic schizophrenic and I'm sure if he had the chance he'd commit unspeakable acts to Pippa and feel justified in doing so because "the people around me said I was based". Like most shitposting it is funny when it is in an ironic way like it initially seemed like it was, and now we're in the "he should've stayed banned" territory because the man is actually mentally unwell and letting him fester in the community is going to end up being some sort of timebomb that will blow up in everyone's faces eventually.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I don't have a problem with Henri being as much of a schizo as they exist in virtually every vtuber community now. I'm more so concerned about the community rallying behind him like he's some sort of great figurehead. This dude is an actual unironic schizophrenic and I'm sure if he had the chance he'd commit unspeakable acts to Pippa and feel justified in doing so because "the people around me said I was based". Like most shitposting it is funny when it is in an ironic way like it initially seemed like it was, and now we're in the "he should've stayed banned" territory because the man is actually mentally unwell and letting him fester in the community is going to end up being some sort of timebomb that will blow up in everyone's faces eventually.
Josh had very good reasons for the rule about not poking the cows. I only hope that our concerns stay unjustified.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
This dude is an actual unironic schizophrenic
Literal schizophrenia? I missed that part if true. I just had him figured for an extremely autistic kid. Is he on meds?

As for the "just one thread" stuff, I can buy your arguments about why it's a good thing. At the same time, I just want news on my boy Vesper and don't really care about Niji characters getting new costumes or whatever else is going on. It's not really my place to join a forum and start demanding it change to the way I think it oughtta be. At the same time, I posted asking about Vesper and I hope the answer isn't something like "Why didn't you see this one post that was made 33 pages ago while you were eating Thanksgiving dinner with your family, jackass?"

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Literal schizophrenia? I missed that part if true. I just had him figured for an extremely autistic kid. Is he on meds?
It's not confirmed if he is actually schizophrenic, but he did talk about stopping his meds when he first went off the rails while he was on the homeland. Also:
1669609249139.png

1669609275471.png

Oh, and:
1669609327979.png

Quetiapine is used commonly to treat schizophrenia and is an antipsychotic medication, but can be used for depression as well. We don't know how deep the abyss goes on this one, but he goes from lucid to insane rather quickly and has said a lot of very weird shit, including sexual comments.

And if Henry ends up being a Deagle Dad/Nation, then props to him, but I don't think that's the case.

As for the "just one thread" stuff, I can buy your arguments about why it's a good thing. At the same time, I just want news on my boy Vesper and don't really care about Niji characters getting new costumes or whatever else is going on. It's not really my place to join a forum and start demanding it change to the way I think it oughtta be. At the same time, I posted asking about Vesper and I hope the answer isn't something like "Why didn't you see this one post that was made 33 pages ago while you were eating Thanksgiving dinner with your family, jackass?"
Generally people will repost things if you ask as things move quickly, but it's also a community that has a fear of DFE, so if you just scroll through you'll see images and archives of most things quickly and visually, and don't have to read every post unless you want the live reactions and color commentary. Also, @Scoots used to do a recap of important events every 50 pages or so but I think our autism fried his brain.

And if you really want to be lazy, figure out the Vesper posters and bug them on their profiles to give you the rundown.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Search function my guy, it will save you years of lurking the sea of vapid shit.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

USS IOWA

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Ha. No offense to the ki… younger posters here, but I'm old enough to feel quite comfortable calling 28-year-olds "kids."
I think it's more that if Henry was an actual kid this shit would be weird but you can give him a pass as kids do and think weird shit, but once it's someone in their 20's they should know better.

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
you know, I wouldn't pay that comment much mind cause that game was really popular back in the day. However, hearing Henri saying it with knowing context about him does give that unnerving vibes.

Pippa rn:

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Henry won't realise this is a joke. We are less than a week away from Henry posting his penis.

It might be worth killing this thread now.
At least this way, there's ZERO chance he doesn't get banned for good... right?

Top Bottom