"I'm not Mexican, I'm a different brown!"Lia Rinkou

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

x Hades Stamps

I mean no personal offense to her, but who is going to trust Idol's donothons at this point?
You might be surprised at what a buyout can do, but I doubt it–I expect them to need trust regained; I’m certainly wary. However, to regain trust here, someone needs to do one. Tonya’s being the guinea pig of guinea pigs here.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't think it was "retardedly generous", but i'd bet he wrote some stuff like guaranteed monthly payments and fair IP buyout clause.
Like, it's dumb to ask millions for character buyout even for Holo top performers. Character IP without this exact person behind it is worthless. In fact, i'd say: there more popular certain vtuber is, the less their character IP worth by itself.
Characters are worthless no matter what because it is the ultimate taboo to skinwalk someone else's model in this industry.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Characters are worthless no matter what because it is the ultimate taboo to skinwalk someone else's model in this industry.
I'd say that characters have value to one specific person, but they do have value. They have subscribers, a presence in YouTube or Twitch algorithms, a backlog of content that can be found in searches, a brand identity and so forth. That takes a while to build up from scratch. The question is coming up with a fair value that the talent and company are both happy with in order to keep using said character.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Realistically, you can sell some low-profile IP to chinks. Maybe even to/from japs. Chink market is insular, as well as small jap corpos. Selling AkioAIR IP to chinks can be done without repercussions for new streamers. But if Niji ever bankrupts, all their IP will amount to zero in the books, it'll be impossible to liquidate any of THAT.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Realistically, you can sell some low-profile IP to chinks. Maybe even to/from japs. Chink market is insular, as well as small jap corpos. Selling AkioAIR IP to chinks can be done without repercussions for new streamers. But if Niji ever bankrupts, all their IP will amount to zero in the books, it'll be impossible to liquidate any of THAT.
Lol I don't get what you stand for, you both despise corpos yet you propose ideas on how to let those same corpos get away with extra cash.
I'd say that characters have value to one specific person, but they do have value. They have subscribers, a presence in YouTube or Twitch algorithms, a backlog of content that can be found in searches, a brand identity and so forth. That takes a while to build up from scratch. The question is coming up with a fair value that the talent and company are both happy with in order to keep using said character.
They only have value to those parties in that arrangement, but you can't take gura and clone her, or kick the VA out and put a new one under the model, or keep using the brand to sell merch. Any of those will get you immense backlash, like they have done for other corpos in the past (Activ8, Brave, Niji)

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Lol I don't get what you stand for, you both despise corpos yet you propose ideas on how to let those same corpos get away with extra cash.
I stand for my oshiis and mine personal retardation, thank you very much. But exploring all possibilities is my profdeformation.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

1723079136923.png

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Who controls Brave - I must know the name of the man I need fedpost about after Aviel.
THE SHEEPPOSTING WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Only five chose to leave. One of them (Kattarina) being obvious considering she is after all Aviel's cock sleeve.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Brave suits are really sad now. And don't forget that they have to abide by commiefornian labor laws now too. So either they pay full salaries, taxes and insurances (and talents can unilaterally leave whenever), or everyone can continue to stream on PL all they want.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

Aviel's woman used the wrong font.

EDIT: Rin video, haven't watched it yet 'cause Phase collab, feel free to tl;dr if you want.

Rin stream soon:

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
RIN IS OUT
:nenedance: :nenedance: :nenedance:
GItBHb5d_o.gif

And she'll be talking about it in a few minutes:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The four biggest talents at Idol right now in terms of sub count are Rin, Meica05, Juna and Fuyo. They're also four of the five talents leaving.

Oof.

Bug Eater

Only five chose to leave. One of them (Kattarina) being obvious considering she is after all Aviel's cock sleeve.
Technically 6, they lost one from their upcoming 3rd gen as well. I guess we'll probably never know who that was but I'm still curious.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Nikki Rei is officially the last Jew standing in original Jew corpo.
excluding any behind-the-scenes personnel that may have stayed.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Brave suits are really sad now. And don't forget that they have to abide by commiefornian labor laws now too. So either they pay full salaries, taxes and insurances (and talents can unilaterally leave whenever), or everyone can continue to stream on PL all they want.
Where did you get this from?

Bronze

I guess revenue-sharing for a year is better than "Pay or lose the model".

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Ballpark_Look

Rin said in that video she was ready to graduate in June and had problems with Idol for 1 year.
E: Corrected 5 months to one year

Last edited:
Top Bottom