"I'm supidaman"Shirakami Fubuki

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I have a chance to ask a former talent questions about Idol. I'd like to know if anyone here has suggestions or things they'd like commentary on.

By "former talent" do you mean a talent which had left Idol pre-merge, or a current one who has decided to leave soon? The former is a small pool and the latter might be too for all we know.

I guess I want to know if they felt that a buyout of some sort was Aviel's plan all along, or if he was in it for the long haul but just not competent or lucky enough to make it work.

And if this is a talent who is deciding to leave post-merge, is Brave forcing talents to take new contracts, or are the terms of their Idol contracts still in effect, at least for now?

Horo7618

No one in particular
And if this is a talent who is deciding to leave post-merge, is Brave forcing talents to take new contracts, or are the terms of their Idol contracts still in effect, at least for now?
I mean, the answer is almost certainly yes and yes. Being acquired doesn't invalidate Idol's current contracts, for now they would still be in force in the short term. But they're most likely going to create a new US-based Idol company for the future (the buyout was by Brave US not the JP parent) and get the talents who stay to sign with that new corp......

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
I have a chance to ask a former talent questions about Idol. I'd like to know if anyone here has suggestions or things they'd like commentary on.

Serious questions only; I'm trying to take advantage of a rare and valuable opportunity, not waste time with memes or jokes.
In the former talent's opinion:

Was Idol trying to actually make things work as a v-tubing company, or was it an investment/buyout cash-grab from the beginning? If the former, what was the watershed moment that changed Idol's approach?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Serious questions only; I'm trying to take advantage of a rare and valuable opportunity, not waste time with memes or jokes.
Where are the actual legal entities located? Are there more than 1? Did they actually sign proper contracts that are actionable in some jurisdiction? (I'm hoping they at least have papertrail DocuSigns or something, just in case things get wonky later.) Was the entire company basically run through a Discord server? Was the payment cut actually still 50/50 by the end or were the talents down closer to 35%?

angry sushi

Early Adopter

Was it worth it? is a good starter which will tell all if completely open about it.

Personally, I'm mostly curious about the details of the interview and hiring process and the numbers.
Details about the hiring process will help the girls figure out how to not be socially retarded during the interview process. Like what were the difficult questions she felt like she struggled on or lied about entirely?

How much was % take for company and sponsorship revenue?
what was their average allowances for projects?
how many staff members were hired to manage the busy work behind the scenes?
did the most popular earners gain more favoritism than the others?
How and what kind support was provided that isn't well known?

Is there anything she'd like to share that she never finds an opportunity to talk about?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

How did Idol's management evolve over time?

Looking in from the outside, it seems that Aviel and staff were initially exceptionally hands off. Talents could do pretty much whatever, with no one to look over their shoulder and telling them "No."

Conversely, not terribly much in the way of support (sponsorships etc.), either, although this is not something I'd necessarily hold against management in a startup.

But then, with regards to Riro and Yuko, it seems that management suddenly became a lot more intrusive (basically the precise opposite of Phase Connect, where management was initially exceptionally intrusive, and eventually learned to chill).

Is this impression correct or distorted by only having an outside view? Or is it more complex than that?

What were relations between management and individual talents like?

Were there talents more connected to management than others beyond the known Riro/Tomer thing? Current streams suggest that some were and are more aware of Idol's internals than others, but that may well just be a false assumption caused by individual talents' willingness to talk or lack thereof.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

1) What did Idol Corp do in terms of setting content boundaries for talents? Were the boundaries given advice that the talents in the form of advice or hard rules?
2) How responsive was management to messages and requests from talents? Did management give much feedback to talents for their stream content?
3) What long-term goals did Aviel originlly have for Idol Corp? How did he see the brand of Idol Corp as being distinct from other small indie vtuber companies?
4) Are you aware of any external issues that helped lead to Idol Corp not being financially viable?
5) How would you describe the general relationships talents had with eachother behind the scenes? Were there any notable cliques or difficult relationships between any talents while you were with the company?

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

I am genuinely interested in how much Riro's termination affected the internal company culture, and how the other talents felt about it at the time.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Was there a notable morale drain after Pochi's firing?

Was there any major pressure or assistance when it came to donothon rewards?

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Do you feel Idol was different before the Brave Parntership?

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

How transparent were they to you personally, and was there favoritism?

Punished Lurker

If I had to give one, what was the mood like working inside Idol and did it change and how with the terminations and graduations? Was the company supportive of the talents or mostly left to their own devices?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Nux has an Idol source he alluded to the buyout a month ago
It speaks to his credibility as someone who has information when he teases what he knows about anything in the community

I mean... we all called it ages ago, I guess that makes all of us credible sources huh?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

"Was the situation around the Riro Ron termination legitimate or were the other talents left in the dark"

silentcouch

Was lack of management in regards to completing tasks such as donothon rewards a factor for bringing on brave managerial staff?

Were financial issues trying to keep the business afloat despite having donothon and merch sales a reason for aviels departure?

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

On multimedia projects, what's the reason for not pushing through bigger projects?
For example, Roca never had virtual live concerts with paid tickets, even if they were on a symbolical price (5 bucks).
Roca karaoke did numbers and she was rising pretty quickly, but she was never really rewarded for it like a 3D model or a concert hall asset made for her (that could be reused for the company talents), what I felt was a waste of a wave of popularity that could transform her, and Idol, in a powerhouse, perhaps with a bit of luck something like a western Re:ACT or even Riot Music.

Following that question, was Tomer the one responsible for those projects like covers and such?
After he left we noticed a somber attitude from all the talents, but above all, a huge dip in output of covers, in-house events and marketing.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

To the talent, if there was an opportunity to make changes in Idol what would that change look like? Replacing the CEO, any particular staff or talent, changing any part of process or restrictions (or lack thereof)?

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

(Not a Joke)
Did other vtuber looked weird at you because the company was funded by a dude from Israel?

Bronze

What's the reason the contract is never published, or has the situation ever been discussed with talents?

bothyourhouses

How much were talents told about the company's finances? Was there ever any "we need x viewers by date y" type conversation about the future? Were they told that certain things were too expensive, or did management always act like there was plenty of money to throw around? Did any of this change over time?

When did the talents hear ES was happening? What did the process for that look like? Was it an idea that gradually grew or appeared out of nowhere?

Top Bottom