"But is the bonking... is 'bonking' another word for the deed? It's British slang? Oh fucking hell mate, I was on your side, UK. I supported your English a lot, you know, and then you do this to me"Takanashi Kiara

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

Kazuma

Early Adopter

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
You could also bring up the graduation of the bois in ENStars as well after their debacle. I couldn't tell you if it really fucked up the growth of everyone else in StarsEN but that was certainly not a high point for Cover's year either. Arguably Advent being so well received really chopped down the sting that was. If that gen wasn't such a powerhouse out the gate Cover might actually have not looked nearly as good as they did for a couple months. That and Niji always doing some silly shit to draw attention away.
Hell you can also add the number of lives and shows that have been delayed by months due to them not being able to handle demand and trying to get the new studio running. (Which hopefully is mostly smoothed out.) Admittedly however, their production quality has like tripled so you can probably make comments on whether or not it's been worth the hassle some talents have dealt with.
i was talking about 2022
2023 Problems are still to see their results if someone leaves before the end of the year
But i commented that just to said that it was kinda impossible to push for unity when problems arised trough 2022 and divided the fandom

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
It's like a jap was mad that these gaijin were doing ok for a while or st

I've been saying this all along.

Someone's uncle got glassed at Hiroshima, or Nagasaki.

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer
NijiEN-HoloEN unity kind of got killed in the crib with the NijiEN discord leak talking about "feels like an all-out war" around Council and NijiEN males wave 2 era.

Probably a nothing burger to the talents themselves, but it was kindling for rabid fans to latch onto.
This.
the discord leak was the end of unity, Niji tried to play coy at the start and be buddy-buddy with Hololive, but when they found success with Vox and company, they distanced themselves thinking they had found their niche. Little did they know they based their success on something more unstable than unicorns: Chinese Fujos

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
This shit sucks so much, he was one of the most supportive vtuber mamas out there. Hope he gets the opportunity to work with her redesign when she comes back.

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Unironically the holofans cheering this shit on for a year kind of made their own bed to lie in when that sort of stuff starts happening. Did you guys seriously believe Phase Connect or some other small corporate was going to fill the vacuum that NijiEN will leave behind? How much copium are you guys on lmao. Niji's audience isn't quite the the hard-core idol-otakus like Hololive. Most of NijiEN's fans are either disenfranchised Hololive fans or some brand of normie/"ironic" weeb. The vacuum will be filled by an agency with that sort of reputation like Vshojo.
As a big unity-fag; The time for Unity ended in late 2022. You get to reap what you've sown now.
not fully disagreeing, but how did you come to late 2022 specifically? What happened there to trigger the death of unity?

Panopticon

Resident Lovebug
So I woke up this morning and checked my newsfeed and I'm just like "Oh, Niji announcement! Well, fuck. This sucks but I hope Selen will be happier and more valued wherever she winds-"

>Pomu

"AH FUCK!"

Pomu keeping up the sweet and cute fairy act while playing the most testoserone poisoned military action games will never not be funny to me.

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
The only death of unity had nothing to do with mild af chat nessages or out of pocket remarks, and has everything to donwith Niji being an objectively shit company kneecapping their talents at every corner. All that other shit blew over within a week at worst.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
How long did it take mysta to start working for Vshitshow? I expect pomu to show up to whichever company takes her at around the same amount of time. :BijouBijou: either way even if I didn't watch her, I hope she gets treated a lot better in whatever place she ends up. still, I hate cuckjima and shitass metal gear, don't know why she made that her personality but to each their own. :BijouBijou:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Unironically the holofans cheering this shit on for a year kind of made their own bed to lie in when that sort of stuff starts happening. Did you guys seriously believe Phase Connect or some other small corporate was going to fill the vacuum that NijiEN will leave behind? How much copium are you guys on lmao. Niji's audience isn't quite the the hard-core idol-otakus like Hololive. Most of NijiEN's fans are either disenfranchised Hololive fans or some brand of normie/"ironic" weeb. The vacuum will be filled by an agency with that sort of reputation like Vshojo.
As a big unity-fag; The time for Unity ended in late 2022. You get to reap what you've sown now.

Shit like this is why nijifags get picked on. Go ahead, blame EVERYONE for what your oshis are going through, except for the company that's actually responsible. Do you know what holofans (at least, the ones around here) do when Cover fucks up? They don't seethe at nijishills making fun of Cover, they just make fun of Cover themselves. That, or they make fun of whatever controversy Nijisanji happens to be going through at that moment, which, in their defense, a nijiYamanba trying to talk shit about another corpo is like a man in a glass house deciding to pick up competitive rock throwing. I hate holobronies as much as the next guy, but trying to pin the blame for this shit on them and claiming they deserve some sort of retribution for the great crime of making fun of a black company doesn't prove anything except that you're an insecure fag who'll keep crawling back to Riku's yacht like a battered housewife no matter what he does to your oshi next.
In short: :pippaseethe;

Panopticon

Resident Lovebug
2024 Optimism: Pomu and Selen Debut in the same company at the same time with linked, themed concepts and the fun train starts rolling right back down the tracks.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Shit like this is why nijifags get picked on. Go ahead, blame EVERYONE for what your oshis are going through, except for the company that's actually responsible. Do you know what holofans (at least, the ones around here) do when Cover fucks up? They don't seethe at nijishills making fun of Cover, they just make fun of Cover themselves. That, or they make fun of whatever controversy Nijisanji happens to be going through at that moment, which, in their defense, a nijiYamanba trying to talk shit about another corpo is like a man in a glass house deciding to pick up competitive rock throwing. I hate holobronies as much as the next guy, but trying to pin the blame for this shit on them and claiming they deserve some sort of retribution for the great crime of making fun of a black company doesn't prove anything except that you're an insecure fag who'll keep crawling back to Riku's yacht like a battered housewife no matter what he does to your oshi next.
Its almost like they are mad their oshi's will go to a place that makes them happier. So much for crying that they support the talents not the company.

braindoko

NijiEN-HoloEN unity kind of got killed in the crib with the NijiEN discord leak talking about "feels like an all-out war" around Council and NijiEN males wave 2 era.

Probably a nothing burger to the talents themselves, but it was kindling for rabid fans to latch onto.
I read the first part only so I hit the "dumb" reaction instinctively but it's true that comment got taken out of context and used as ammo, same with Pomu tweeting bau bau
Looks like Pippa expected selen as well.

I thought she knew and didn't want to bring it up, that "NOT SELEN?!" reaction sums it up perfectly

This reminded me of that time Pomu piloted Selen and vice versa, would have been a pretty epic prank bro if they did it again but for their graduations

This shit sucks so much, he was one of the most supportive vtuber mamas out there. Hope he gets the opportunity to work with her redesign when she comes back.

Itiso... He legit needs to get put on suicide watch. At least he has Kou Mariya now

Last edited:

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
So much for crying that they support the talents not the company.
Strange how this only applies if the talents leave a company that they themselves don't like, almost like tribalfaggotry is self destructive or something :mitothink:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

He wasn't blaming Holofans for what Niji livers are going through though. He's blaming them on how insufferable the anti COVER posting will most likely be when they get their own string of yabs again if ever it happens which Nenelove is worrying about.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Itiso... He legit needs to get put on suicide watch. At least he has Kou Mariya now
Just to show the extent of how much Itiso-sensei likes Pomu, one of the main reasons he decided being Mariya's artist was because she was a pomudachi.

Last edited:

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Stream suddenly ends with "I have something to tell you... Let's get on this ferris wheel together. And--"
(Let the rrats commence.)

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
She was actually Pomura this whole time bros...

I might be wrong but I remember Pomu accidently slipping that Finana "wasn't planning on graduating this year" or something in her stream today.
I was not attacking you guys with that statement, get the chip off your shoulder for once. NijiEN dying is a BAD THING for all of us, not just Nijisanji fans, this industry is still small enough that any ripples affect everyone. I have also always said that any corpo having a monopoly will be a BAD thing, even Holo. Whenever I shit on Niji it's either deserved or me shitposting and yeah I am biased, and there's nothing wrong there, there's plenty of phase and indie shills in this site that will take jabs at the big corpos while defending their own and it's their right to do that.

I am gonna be honest, I don't like Niji's or Vshojo's style of content, I don't watch them, and if Vshojo in particular was the only corpo in the EN side I would probably go full indie or quit the hobby altogether because I really dislike their normie pandering, kayfabe-less style of content that I feel dilutes what made vtubing magical for me in the first place. But I understand why other people like those corpos, I just don't like this widespread fucking hate that Niji's blundering is creating that makes people go "hurr durr corpo bad!" or "I wish all vtubers were indie", it vindicates people like those fags in the black & white indie's replies yesterday, maybe I'm just being like a unicorn seeing his oshis collabing with m*les and angrily balking at the sight of my favorite parts of the medium being labeled as "the problem".

I don't hate Nijis and I don't take pleasure in seeing part of the industry going up in flames, my hatred is singularly focused on how vtubing is changing and how people are talking (and rrating) about corpos (specially japanese ones) nowadays.

Ps. and @Zizara I was wrong, I labeled "vshojo fans" as the problem, but I realize that was the wrong target, I generally just meant normalfags, posers, bandwagoners, grifters and people on twitter who attack the medium (specially the japanese side of it) for being like it is (even though it sometimes IS shit and needs to be called out) but these fuckers don't like chuubas, watch them or have the best interests of the industry in mind, that's what has me writing these long fucking essays and dreading the future. I just DESPISE posers because they have destroyed every hobby I have ever taken an interest in and now I see this kind of shit beginning to take root and using Niji's downfall as a casus belli, that has me foaming at the mouth and perhaps it blurred my vision of the real enemy.

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Saddest fanart I've seen so far

DCL will never be the same without Pomu screaming and leading the chant

Bronze

Her Mama is not taking the news well

Top Bottom