"I'm not a haaaaaaaaaag. I'm sophisticated! You know, just cause I don't... jus-just cause I don't watch Tiktok, just cause I spend my time on Twitter, just cause I have PLANS! You know what I think? I think this - I think this test is made for youngsters who take it to think that they're more mature than they actually are! Youngsters? Yeah! It's for like the youngsters who want to... you know the 17, 16, 18, 20's who like, who like, 'I'm so sophisticated, I'm so mature. I'm gonna take this test to show you how mature I am' and it gives you like this age and they're like 'AH! I'm so mature, I'm actually mentally 42!' AND THEN THEY GO GET GROOMED"Jelly Hoshiumi

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Add EIEN to the banner, you can now stop vagayposting @The Proctor

archive

JAJAJAJA BURN BITCH BURN

GHYZC31WQAAiJTR.jpeg

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Bronze

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

A

Date for Dooby's return: 5pm PT / 9am JST October 25th.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Here is an archive of Lily's unarchived karaoke from last night
mega
gofile

Last edited:

frz

Oh hey a new EN corpo that won't fold anytime soon since they have a JP and ID branch already
is this a new age of stability for small corpos as more and more "established" ones enter the EN scene rather than completely new projects? Will there finally be stability?
The last vestige of the last generation of small corpos Eien just folded too, only Vreverie is left from that era (and Phase)

Brave and all their acquisition counts, these small companies won't fold until the entire corporation fold.

Noone give a shit about anilive and iriam as a platform so nexas and bondlive doesn't really matter.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: sister cleaire, event horizon, no eyes
Early Adopter

And who knows, they probably gonna be way better than NijiEN in terms of support and whatever.

I have some hopes for them, judging by how the ID vtubers under their wing are doing.

Bronze

Chatko

Tenma's playing unpacking but she's purple for some reason

Ensok

Early Adopter
Well despite what I said a few days ago here I am watching the VOD of Lumi playing Yuri's Revenge.

Helkar

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

💙🐾 🩷 Time

I was catching up on FuwaMoco mornings and I thought this would be fun to clip

closedblas

I am pretty sure the Gamebu thing happened before Kizuna Ai splitting.

But I wasnt around in 2019, so if some old lore master could tell what exactly Brave Groups PL did back then would be nice, because I think I never actually read the full story, just snippets of it
Back then PLs didn't have to deactivate everything, so the VAs were just venting on their personal twitters (which were basically "aspiring VA"/"aspiring actor" types) over a couple of months.
Then 5ch basically put it together. Autists who were archiving shit etc.
A few of Yumesaki Kaede's VA's tweet is still up lmao.
It broke containment and blew up JP twitter, since they had several collabs with what we'd call "fleshtubers" today.
By that time their PLs were already saying stuff like they initiated labor disputes over missed wages.

Oda Nobuhime/Polka actually tweeted a defense of GameBu, some dumbass shit like "People who just blame management are retards. This is a problem with content creator culture". She deleted that, but her followup tweet is still up.
edit: there's a rrat that she wasn't the one who tweeted it because she was live during the tweet. Reasonable suspicion since she was part of the upd8/Activ8 blackcorpo.

Oh, then the CEO of another company that had a stake in Unlimited did a "we're investigating" tweet to lowkey confirm that shit was going down.

A visa in Japan is almost always legally under the individual's control/responsibility (and this is generally a good thing, as it prevents companies using the visa to control their employees). The company can pay a lawyer to do your application but it's still the individual's application and the individual's responsibility legally, if they e.g. submit false info about what kind of work they're going to be doing then it's the individual who'll be held responsible.

Honestly I'm struggling to think what the company could have done to screw the application up - if they e.g. failed to remind her to renew her visa before it expired then that's still her responsibility legally and (IMO) morally, if they failed to supply required documents then correct procedure is to submit the application without them with an explanatory letter saying the company was fucking around (and then in theory the MOJ should bollock them, although in practice who cares about screwing over foreigners). Obviously if the company told her they'd take care of it and didn't then that's kind of morally their responsibility, but in a way they were lying from the first if that's what they said - a company can help you with your visa application but they can't ever take full responsibility for it, it's going to be in your name and if you don't take the time to understand the relevant laws and your responsibilities then you're putting yourself at risk.
tldr: You need the company to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility before you apply for a "work visa".

1. "Work visa" here isn't a visa , i.e. the document you need to enter the country. This is free and easy for anyone from an... ally country of japan.

2. "Work visa" refers to 在留 zairyu card, or "Status of Residence", where there's like 20+ categories. A "work permit" would be an accurate analogy.
It's pretty important - if you don't look Asian you need to carry this with you everywhere because bored cops will want to check it.
You apply for this yourself, a few weeks for renewal. It's not a big deal BUT you have to apply for renewal before expiration.
After expiration, you get like 2 extra months as long as you applied.

3. You need a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to apply for zairyu renewal.
This is on the company and takes 2-5+ months. When people say "sponsor a visa" this is what they're talking about.
Immigration basically inspects whether the company and the work category applied for matches up, job responsibilities, payment stubs etc.
Eg. "Entertainer", "Artist", "Skilled professional", "Academic" etc. This is very messy for Cover.
Again, to be extremely clear, the Application for Certificate of Eligibility must be presented to Immigration by an employee of the company.

Best case scenario, COE application is pending.
Shitty case - COE was rejected and they need to reapply.
Worst case - COE was given, she applied for zairyu, this gets rejected and now she needs to wait 6 months. :painpeko:

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Yuno is playing From Software's attempt at survival horror, Kuon

Nigel Nigerman

Choo Choo Motherfuckers!

A

Date for Dooby's return: 5pm PT / 9am JST October 25th.

LET'S
FUCKING
GOOOOOO!!!
:wawaspazzing::wawaspazzing::wawaspazzing:
:kiaraawooooga
:mythimnotarapper::mythimnotarapper::mythimnotarapper:
tldr: You need the company to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility before you apply for a "work visa".

1. "Work visa" here isn't a visa , i.e. the document you need to enter the country. This is free and easy for anyone from an... ally country of japan.

2. "Work visa" refers to 在留 zairyu card, or "Status of Residence", where there's like 20+ categories. A "work permit" would be an accurate analogy.
It's pretty important - if you don't look Asian you need to carry this with you everywhere because bored cops will want to check it.
You apply for this yourself, a few weeks for renewal. It's not a big deal BUT you have to apply for renewal before expiration.

This is on the company and takes 2-5+ months. When people say "sponsor a visa" this is what they're talking about.
Immigration basically inspects whether the company and the work category applied for matches up, job responsibilities, payment stubs etc.
Eg. "Entertainer", "Artist", "Skilled professional", "Academic" etc. This is very messy for Cover.
Again, to be extremely clear, the Application for Certificate of Eligibility must be presented to Immigration by an employee of the company.

Worst case - COE was given, she applied for zairyu, this gets rejected and now she needs to wait 6 months. :painpeko:
Man, I feel sorry for Ina. That sucks ass. Hopefully this gets sorted and doesn't happen again.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Seeing how small corpos are these days, give it a few months and there will be a thread about them in The Laundry Room.
Nah AKA VIRTUAL is doing ok in ID( they are only second to Holo ID) so they at least have some reputation
The only way i can see them running this expansion to the ground is them contracting literal retards for both the vtubers and their staff

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
LET'S
FUCKING
GOOOOOO!!!
:wawaspazzing::wawaspazzing::wawaspazzing:
:kiaraawooooga
:mythimnotarapper::mythimnotarapper::mythimnotarapper:
I'd be lying if I didn't say I actually thought her model would be an actual non-antromorphic desert mouse. Just because that's exactly the kind of weird shit she can pull off and still harvest subs.

bothyourhouses

Ina, at least, seems to be under the impression that whatever happened was entirely caused by someone else not doing their job.
Well I don't know exactly what happened, but a lot of companies try to give the impression that they have more control over your visa than they actually do (for good reasons and bad). Listening to your timestamps it could be that the lawyer working on her behalf (presumably provided by Cover) screwed up, or even someone on the government side, but... meh. Still struggling to imagine a scenario that's compatible with her being right tbh.
Nope. CoE is only for your initial entry visa (it's issued for use by a Japanese embassy overseas), not for renewal.
the Application for Certificate of Eligibility must be presented to Immigration by an employee of the company.
Maybe for a CoE but certainly not for a renewal. Officially speaking the application is made by the individual who wants the visa or a lawyer acting on their behalf. Certain documents are meant to be written and stamped by the company but the overall application is the individual's.

Last edited:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Back then PLs didn't have to deactivate everything, so the VAs were just venting on their personal twitters (which were basically "aspiring VA"/"aspiring actor" types) over a couple of months.
Then 5ch basically put it together. Autists who were archiving shit etc.
A few of Yumesaki Kaede's VA's tweet is still up lmao.
It broke containment and blew up JP twitter, since they had several collabs with what we'd call "fleshtubers" today.
By that time their PLs were already saying stuff like they initiated labor disputes over missed wages.

Oda Nobuhime/Polka actually tweeted a defense of GameBu, some dumbass shit like "People who just blame management are retards. This is a problem with content creator culture". She deleted that, but her followup tweet is still up.
edit: there's a rrat that she wasn't the one who tweeted it because she was live during the tweet. Reasonable suspicion since she was part of the upd8/Activ8 blackcorpo.

Oh, then the CEO of another company that had a stake in Unlimited did a "we're investigating" tweet to lowkey confirm that shit was going down.

Well I don't know exactly what happened, but a lot of companies try to give the impression that they have more control over your visa than they actually do (for good reasons and bad). Listening to your timestamps it could be that the lawyer working on her behalf (presumably provided by Cover) screwed up, or even someone on the government side, but... meh. Still struggling to imagine a scenario that's compatible with her being right tbh.

Nope. CoE is only for your initial entry visa (it's issued for use by a Japanese embassy overseas), not for renewal.

Nope. Officially speaking the application is made by the individual who wants the visa or a lawyer acting on their behalf. Certain documents are meant to be written and stamped by the company but the overall application is the individual's.
Nigga fuck all that shit:BijouBijou:
I would just travel infiltrated in some navy and then give Brave Group my gift and leave

Top Bottom