"I get so irrationally angry over romance anime"Nanashi Mumei

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Koronesuki

X-Potato
"Hurt" by Johnny Cash
I guess Trent was right when he said, "That's not my song anymore."

For those who don't know, it was originally a Nine Inch Nails Song.

Helkar

I guess Trent was right when he said, "That's not my song anymore."

For those who don't know, it was originally a Nine Inch Nails Song.

Are there any other examples of a cover eclipsing the original to this extent?

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Probably the best example is "All Along the Watchtower" by Bob Dylan. The Jimi Hendrix version is much, much more famous. That's why they call them cover songs, because they cover up the original.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

MOTHERFUCKER!
:cursedpeko::cursedpeko::cursedpeko:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
774inc's Hebiyoi Tier with her 3D birthday live.

VEE's Anshinin Misa will have her 3D debut at 8PM JST.

Thumbnail explains it enough.

KanaPeko talking about another woman during their collab.

Wonder if this training helped Aki with her tournament performance.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
This collection of hags and retards will be doing some peak comedy in 20 minutes. Subaru, Mio, Fubuki, Okayu, FuwaMoco and Raden will be reenacting Inside Out and impersonating Marine, basically acting like the voices in her head and trying to solve her worries:

Last time Mio pretended to be Marine was hilarious:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

bothyourhouses

Australia, for example, has some kind of agreement with Japan and is extremely easy to get and that's why ESL teaching there is lousy with Aussies.
I don't think there's a particularly special agreement, just normal working holiday and normal "you can be an English teacher with any kind of degree since it's a natively English speaking country" rules. Partly it's just a natural place for Australians to go.
Soft Cell's cover of Tainted Love, to the point that when Marilyn Manson did it many people called it a Soft Cell cover.
David Bowie complained about kids thinking he was covering Nirvana when he did The Man Who Sold the World.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Legal Mindset is a fag but at least he's funny for once in his life.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Soft Cell's cover of Tainted Love, to the point that when Marilyn Manson did it many people called it a Soft Cell cover.
David Bowie complained about kids thinking he was covering Nirvana when he did The Man Who Sold the World.

At this point, maybe we need a new thread or even sub-board on this forum for us from the Generations who can remember from before the Internet was all encompassing. A place where we can spit out dust and shake our canes at stuff.

VSoyBoy

I don't gun for one. I gun for nine. Nine of what? It is a mystery...
You're no good at being a woman on purpose. Stay with the all natural stuff, suits you much better.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I don't think there's a particularly special agreement, just normal working holiday and normal "you can be an English teacher with any kind of degree since it's a natively English speaking country" rules. Partly it's just a natural place for Australians to go.
It may have changed but it used to be that the requirements were different for Australians at least. Japan required people to have college degrees to be eligible for the visas from other countries but Australia was one where they didn’t need one.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Day 1 of Botan's Street Fighter 6 tournament, the 2nd Shishiro Cup, will be starting soon! Today will be the Intermediate and Electric Deathcurrent Matches:
View attachment 80590
Source

Main Stream here:

Intermediate Bracket:
View attachment 80586
Yumeno Akari - Marissa (VSPO)
Aki Rosenthal - Guile (Hololive)
Tooko - Chun Li (Indie)
Nekota Tsuna - Bison (VSPO)
Amanogawa Neru - Bison (Sengoku Gaming)
Madoromi Ichino - Ken (Vebop Project)
Konkon Aria - JP (Neoporte)
Laplus Darknesss - Blanka (Hololive)
All winner's side matches are Best of 3. All loser's side matches are Best of 1.
View attachment 80587
Akari vs Neru
Akirose vs Aria
Tsuna vs Ichino
Laplus vs Tooko

Electric Deathcurrent Bracket: (Two teams will battle each other with their captains strapped to an electric current device. Any time a member of the team loses, their captain gets shocked for one minute):
View attachment 80591

Team ACQUA vs Team Haitani:

Team ACQUA:
Shibuya Hal - Rashid (Neoporte)
KennyDoes - Luke (Umeda Cypher)
Taiji - JP (REJECT)

Team Haitani:
Amaki Pururu - Juri (REJECT)
Hira Hikari - Marissa (774 Inc)
Takagi - Ed (Riddle)

She won 2-1
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

She won 2-1

Unironically, she did way better than I thought. She had the least playtime, the lowest rank, was using a weaker character and nearly lost the final round but was able to make a great comeback.

The screeching and happy woman tears that happened afterwards were also blessed. Lapu did great today :shubaIapprob:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
rin and gin on the telly for the final time
day 3 and finale of the donothon

niggaphil

She won 2-1

So Her next arc and opponents in the future are:
lowtiergods-speech-you-dont-have-to-do-the-entire-speech-v0-uxu0l7jifl9d1.jpeg

happy-anniversary-of-this-historic-moment-v0-zocavhqgdxxc1.jpeg

I wanna see Laplus beat these people and become internet world champion!!!

VSoyBoy

Xx_Scarle_xX is getting a new outfit with a goth theme. Reveal stream next week.

bothyourhouses

It may have changed but it used to be that the requirements were different for Australians at least. Japan required people to have college degrees to be eligible for the visas from other countries but Australia was one where they didn’t need one.
Australia was the first country to have a working holiday agreement with Japan back in 1980, and until 1999 there were only two others, but nowadays it's pretty much all developed countries. I can't find any special treatment for Australians aside from that.

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Ollie just revealed her new 3D outfit at her birthday live today (still live atm)

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
So something interesting popped up on my feed. Since I've been exposed (unwillingly) to a lot of Taiga related twitter drama, he appears on my timeline quite a lot. But today I saw this instead, and the association made me fix on it rather than idly doomscroll past like normal.

https://x.com/TaigsVS

Since Idol is debuting a tomboy lion I know some people here are already gushing about, I clicked, thinking it was her. Nope, turns out this is something called 'VSekai'. Here's the wiki page that definitely wasn't written by them at all.

https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/VSekai

Note how they both claim to have 'experience as famous corporate vtubers'. Yet I've never heard of them, and have no idea who they might be even if they are. Can anyone explain?

Bonus:

Top Bottom