"What the fuck is IRC? What the fuck chat, is this before flip-phones or after flip-phones??; 'A decentralized messaging system' lol what does any of that mean!?"S.S. Isa

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

closedblas

So, the first two for today was the Lumi and Jelly coffees. As I said, I am terrible at describing the subtle flavors or anything of coffee, so my verdicts will probably be very short. Lumi's coffee was alright, but kind of had a bit of a sour taste to it, which I'm not really a fan of. For Jelly's coffee, I could taste some subtle flavors that are different than I'm used to, but, I couldn't really describe what they were. Almost cinnamon-y/nutty, maybe? Wasn't bad.
Take a pic of what the beans look like - just to get an idea of the roast level.
French press instructions usually ask for a grind that's too coarse. As an immersion brewing method it's actually pretty suitable for comparative tasting.
If it's possible, weighing input beans is a better idea for comparing at equal brew ratios.

I think most Phase fans are unaware of the pricing range of "high-end" coffee, compared to say, clothing.
$35 a bag is pretty crazy. At the same price point, you can get "gesha", extremely low-yield and high demand strains. Or top-end single-origin coffees, grown on <1 acre high-altitude family farms, and roasted by coffee autists on order.
So the price range of coffee is pretty small - in my mid-sized city I don't think there's a single roaster selling anything more than $35/bag.

Without the Phase tag, these coffees would be ~$12-$16/bag from their house blends to decent high-supply single origin.
Sell them for $17-$22/bag, and that would be pretty in-line with celebrity coffees out there.
Do a subscription deal, $40 a month, that's an unironic good deal.
Bundle it with a decent hand grinder (Timemore/Kingrinder, ~$40) and brewer (~$30 Hario Switch or Clever Dripper) which are relatively idiot-proof high skill floor brewers, at $100 you're about 90% to the ceiling of filter brewed coffee.

I just think the "I'm going to buy coffee, I don't mind adding a couple bucks to support my oshi" business logic is more sustainable than the "I'm only buying this for Phase" novelty merch. You're selling a literal addictive product, for god's sake.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Take a pic of what the beans look like - just to get an idea of the roast level.
French press instructions usually ask for a grind that's too coarse. As an immersion brewing method it's actually pretty suitable for comparative tasting.
If it's possible, weighing input beans is a better idea for comparing at equal brew ratios.

I think most Phase fans are unaware of the pricing range of "high-end" coffee, compared to say, clothing.
$35 a bag is pretty crazy. At the same price point, you can get "gesha", extremely low-yield and high demand strains. Or top-end single-origin coffees, grown on <1 acre high-altitude family farms, and roasted by coffee autists on order.
So the price range of coffee is pretty small - in my mid-sized city I don't think there's a single roaster selling anything more than $35/bag.

Without the Phase tag, these coffees would be ~$12-$16/bag from their house blends to decent high-supply single origin.
Sell them for $17-$22/bag, and that would be pretty in-line with celebrity coffees out there.
Do a subscription deal, $40 a month, that's an unironic good deal.
Bundle it with a decent hand grinder (Timemore/Kingrinder, ~$40) and brewer (~$30 Hario Switch or Clever Dripper) which are relatively idiot-proof high skill floor brewers, at $100 you're about 90% to the ceiling of filter brewed coffee.

I just think the "I'm going to buy coffee, I don't mind adding a couple bucks to support my oshi" business logic is more sustainable than the "I'm only buying this for Phase" novelty merch. You're selling a literal addictive product, for god's sake.
Geisha*
and yeah you can get a pound of palo alto (the area not the brand) geisha for 35 bucks more or less.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Tenma is about to stream Metaphor: ReFantazio as part of a sponsorship at the top of the hour. Will she turn it into an actual playthrough? I have absolutely no idea, but I *do* know she's going to go feral for at least one of the characters (Garius) and his common-law wife (Fabienne). I will never forgive Atlus for not letting us comfort the fox milf and her ex-husband's daughter (it's complicated).

While I go through the game myself, I've been looking for chuubas playing it as well, and...well, there aren't that many. I'll probably do what I did for Megaton Musashi and promote 2-views that are playing the game, so that other chuubas play the game as well. It's a win-win either way.

Though I'm really interested to see if Obake Pam picks up her playthrough, I really enjoyed her reactions to the demo. Same with Subaru, but that's because Subaru is, well, Subaru. She can make anything seem fun/entertaining.

Here's someone Atlus is sponsoring her to play

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Welp, looks like we're potentially getting the official announcement of Invaders soon based on the stream title.

Dizzy is a master at baiting her audience, don't fall for her tricks so easily. The "announcement" could be for anything.

ex_lurker

I like the idea of consumable merch. I find it less wasteful than the alternative.

About three years ago, I stopped buying any kind of physical merch (figs, standees, posters, ...). It just piles up and collect dusts on your shelves. It's a pain when you have to move.

The only times I might still consider buying some is if it's at a con (at least it's tied to a memory) or if it's something I need at the moment (I'm looking for a desk mat, so if a vtuber releases one as merch soon I might get it).

BTW, if anyone is looking for a cheap, brand new, unopened Gura nendoroid from 2021, hit me up.

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Buoys are built different

Edit: deleted here's a screenshot
Screenshot_20241012-110347.png

Last edited:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Huh, well that's going to fuck with 6th fes.
That's a good point I didn't think of. She was supposed to stay in Japan for 6 months. Max length of a work visa for Japan is 3. It is likely that the recording she was in Japan for was for the World Tour concerts (which is probably all done since Kiara also was in it and already went home), Myth 3D Live, a birthday live, New Year countdown, and I would guess her 6th fes stuff. Technically, they could just record her part overseas, but seems like a big hassle for to do everything like that, especially for group songs.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Cece playing Sekiro

Ruki and Reinya playing flute and saxophone

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
That's a good point I didn't think of. She was supposed to stay in Japan for 6 months. Max length of a work visa for Japan is 3. It is likely that the recording she was in Japan for was for the World Tour concerts (which is probably all done since Kiara also was in it and already went home), Myth 3D Live, a birthday live, New Year countdown, and I would guess her 6th fes stuff. Technically, they could just record her part overseas, but seems like a big hassle for to do everything like that, especially for group songs.
Wait and see because Holofes are announced at the end of the year but the full list gets announced later last time someone missed it was Chama for being sick

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

What being a clip editor for Himemiya Rie does to a man.

Negzana

Coffee update:

Got the coffee in earlier this week, but didn't want to make it until the weekend. Decided on making two at a time, so will be trying them over the course of three days.
Phase-Coffee.png

Disclaimer: I am a terrible person to rate coffee. I love coffee and drink it almost every day, but I cannot begin to describe any subtle flavors or anything like that. I make my own coffee at home and rarely drink any coffee from coffee shops, restaurants, etc. My main coffee is just a store-brand from the grocery store up the road, which is a dark Italian roast (I think it's good). Sometimes, I'll spend a little more and buy some Death Wish coffee or something else to change it up. So I won't be able to describe the coffees too well. Just whether I like them or not, or I feel they are worth it or not (I guarantee none of these will be worth the price)

Anyway, I will be trying the coffees two-at-a-time as they are shown above. I will run them through a French press and bought a small grinder for easier cleaning between the two, as my grinder is larger and not as easy to clean. I have never used a French press before this week, but unless there's some hidden tips and tricks to using one, I've just been using the instructions that came with it. I will be trying them out straight, without any cream or sugar, which is good because I almost always drink my coffee this way. I will be doing 3 tablespoons of coffee per 1 cup of hot water because the general 2 tablespoons seems weak to me. I don't normally measure my coffee out like this, so I don't know what my normal ratio is.

So, the first two for today was the Lumi and Jelly coffees. As I said, I am terrible at describing the subtle flavors or anything of coffee, so my verdicts will probably be very short. Lumi's coffee was alright, but kind of had a bit of a sour taste to it, which I'm not really a fan of. For Jelly's coffee, I could taste some subtle flavors that are different than I'm used to, but, I couldn't really describe what they were. Almost cinnamon-y/nutty, maybe? Wasn't bad.

Out of the two, I liked Jelly's better (sorry Lumi). However, it is absolutely not worth the $35 + shipping asking price, nor would I replace the store brand coffee with either if they were of similar price.

Tomorrow, I'll try Remi's and Iori's.

Speaking of Lumi, she's streaming:

And since Jelly coffee, have a Jelly clip from the recent collab:

Should I buy Jelly/Lia coffee and drink it with my Kaela mug?

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
If its that drastic of a visa issue i wonder how equipped the USA studio is or what could it handle, its probably logistic fuckery but would it be that expensive to ferry one or two people there and atleast do any song recordings?

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

DanishCookies

Why does she post this every time like she's about to graduate?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Someone I barely know asking for advice on merch I've never purchased:
Should I buy Jelly/Lia coffee and drink it with my Kaela mug?
Me, with the chance of getting two of my oshis some extra money for no cost to me: yes, this will be the best thing you've ever purchased (true and real).

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Why does she post this every time like she's about to graduate?

That's because she IS! ERB, Ina, Nerissa, Gura, Mumei, Bae and Kiara are all graduating!

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
That's because she IS! ERB, Ina, Nerissa, Gura, Mumei, Bae and Kiara are all graduating!
Gura will be the last EN streaming shilling standing sleeping.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
If its that drastic of a visa issue i wonder how equipped the USA studio is or what could it handle, its probably logistic fuckery but would it be that expensive to ferry one or two people there and atleast do any song recordings?
AFAIK the US studio is only for marketing and shit right now. They would probably have to use a 3rd-party studio or ask Ame.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Here's someone Atlus is sponsoring her to play

Oh, yes, I've watched most chuubas who played the demo, standouts are both her and Obake Pam, though neither were actually sponsored to play (though Pam shills Play Asia physical copies during the stream - get them at 15% off MSRP, or at least when she streamed the demo). Subaru also played the demo, but I'm hoping she would actually make it a series because that's just downright content left on the table otherwise.

The demo's free, it's 4-6 hours of content, anyone can stream it without buying the game, so I thought it was a shoe-in for chuubas to try out the game in 1-2 streams before deciding whether to make it a series and buy the game outright. Hence why, with Atlus sponsoring the more known chuubas to play the game for a stream, I'm opting to showcase 2-views going through the game. What do I get out of it? I get more streams to watch, of course, so it's a win for everyone involved.

I am going to watch every single HoloLive playthrough of the game, much like all of their Persona streams, out of sheer autism alone. And Mari Mari Underscore EN, if she picks it up as a series after her sponsorship, that's just going to be kino.

Top Bottom