"PLEASE SHIT DOWN!!!"Oozora Subaru

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I'm just saying. If Phase decided to sell stuff the People actually wanted to drink, like Tea. I would be buying that shit on a bi-weekly basis.
Here's someone Atlus is sponsoring her to play

Like with @John Vtuber👁️ I've been wanting to watch a few streams before I buy. I've heard it is kinda of like Digital Devil Saga (which were good games). But my only big filter is a Shoji Meguro Orchestral OST. I wasn't a fan of Strange Journey's OST (which turned me off from the game, maybe I'll pick it back up). But for this one I'm willing to look past that as it's hopefully going to fit the setting more.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Oh, yes, I've watched most chuubas who played the demo, standouts are both her and Obake Pam, though neither were actually sponsored to play (though Pam shills Play Asia physical copies during the stream - get them at 15% off MSRP, or at least when she streamed the demo).
Sayu played last night on twitch but there is no vod yet and her tweet has the sponsored hashtag

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Sayu played last night on twitch but there is no vod yet and her tweet has the sponsored hashtag

Huh, didn't know she was sponsored, I can't find the vod either - I only know her playing the demo.

...Which probably means some wires have been crossed somewhere, oh no

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Huh, didn't know she was sponsored, I can't find the vod either - I only know her playing the demo.

...Which probably means some wires have been crossed somewhere, oh no
Nah Sayu's vods are always delayed presumably so she can edit anything she doesn't want in the final cut she also has the feature to view an ongoing stream from the beginning disabled

Last edited:

Landphobic

Just don't like it
Limes playing the Silent Hill 2 remake

Honey playing Echoes of Wisdom

Para making takoyaki

the red road

frz

Take a pic of what the beans look like - just to get an idea of the roast level.
French press instructions usually ask for a grind that's too coarse. As an immersion brewing method it's actually pretty suitable for comparative tasting.
If it's possible, weighing input beans is a better idea for comparing at equal brew ratios.

I think most Phase fans are unaware of the pricing range of "high-end" coffee, compared to say, clothing.
$35 a bag is pretty crazy. At the same price point, you can get "gesha", extremely low-yield and high demand strains. Or top-end single-origin coffees, grown on <1 acre high-altitude family farms, and roasted by coffee autists on order.
So the price range of coffee is pretty small - in my mid-sized city I don't think there's a single roaster selling anything more than $35/bag.

Without the Phase tag, these coffees would be ~$12-$16/bag from their house blends to decent high-supply single origin.
Sell them for $17-$22/bag, and that would be pretty in-line with celebrity coffees out there.
Do a subscription deal, $40 a month, that's an unironic good deal.
Bundle it with a decent hand grinder (Timemore/Kingrinder, ~$40) and brewer (~$30 Hario Switch or Clever Dripper) which are relatively idiot-proof high skill floor brewers, at $100 you're about 90% to the ceiling of filter brewed coffee.

I just think the "I'm going to buy coffee, I don't mind adding a couple bucks to support my oshi" business logic is more sustainable than the "I'm only buying this for Phase" novelty merch. You're selling a literal addictive product, for god's sake.
people spent $100.000 on a fridge with wheels for their idol that can't even be used. $35 is nothing.
The point you are missing low-quantity product.
Normal coffee providers either made it in their own farms or buys in bulk so they can negotiate the price down. And also... ships in bulks
Phase likely isn't profitting that much from pricing their coffee that way since they likely have to outsource the coffee, no way fishman is growing them in his garden.

It's also a niche as fuck products that probs not many Phase fans are buying and definitely not consistently even if they are addicted to it. 35$ a bag is ... no joke. Only the very wealthy or commonly known on twitch as "oil barons" has that level of dedication. I personally think it's a funny meme and Fishman is trying to make it a unique point for their org rather than profitting.

If profit is all that in mind, just sell plushies. Tried and true method.
So, the first two for today was the Lumi and Jelly coffees. As I said, I am terrible at describing the subtle flavors or anything of coffee, so my verdicts will probably be very short. Lumi's coffee was alright, but kind of had a bit of a sour taste to it, which I'm not really a fan of. For Jelly's coffee, I could taste some subtle flavors that are different than I'm used to, but, I couldn't really describe what they were. Almost cinnamon-y/nutty, maybe? Wasn't bad.

Out of the two, I liked Jelly's better (sorry Lumi). However, it is absolutely not worth the $35 + shipping asking price, nor would I replace the store brand coffee with either if they were of similar price.
This is not schizo enough, try changing all of the "coffees" to "panties" for the next two.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Yuno playing Kuon

Fatum Ruptor watching The Mandela Catalogue

Towa shows up in an anime that starting airing today, Maou 2099:
View attachment 80538
HoloID girls in the bottom left corner(Anya, Moona, Reine and Ollie). Towa watching HoloId 3d live.

update: It's a fragment from this Towa's stream (3:51)

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

What being a clip editor for Himemiya Rie does to a man.

This man lives in constant fear of being physically deported by a small Chinese woman with an Aussie accent anime girl.

Should I buy Jelly/Lia coffee and drink it with my Kaela mug?
For peak autism maxing, yes. I drank my Lumi coffee in my Lumi mug and my Jelly coffee in my Tenma mug. It's very possible those subtle flavors I could taste, but not really describe, were due to the autism given those circumstances. On top of that, Lumi had just started streaming, so I'm sure there was a lot of radiating autism going around.

It's also a niche as fuck products that probs not many Phase fans are buying and definitely not consistently even if they are addicted to it. 35$ a bag is ... no joke. Only the very wealthy or commonly known on twitch as "oil barons" has that level of dedication. I personally think it's a funny meme and Fishman is trying to make it a unique point for their org rather than profitting.
Yeah, $35 plus shipping for 8 ounces of coffee is a tough pill to swallow, even if the main intention of buying it is to support Phase and the talents. The regular coffee I buy is around $18 for two pounds/32 ounces. As you said, it's a fun meme, and I do respect it for being unique. Especially since they have different blends for each talent. But for that price, I'd rather just wait until birthday and event merch and grab physical merch I'll likely not use. After all, what's another desk mat to add to the pile when it cost around the same as a small bag of coffee?

Yuno playing Kuon

Wow, there's a game I haven't heard about in forever. I never did finish it, but I remember it being pretty creepy when I played it almost two decades ago.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

💛 🩷 Time

Airi says Iori does not deserve rights

Salado

Bronze

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

1728764438530.png

-despair-

Buoys are built different

Tweet already deleted... I'm really not sure why she keeps regularly deleting tweets - let alone why they're up so briefly sometimes. Anyway, since she's drawing attention to the fact that people have found early versions of her model via skeb, here's the full body instead of just the headshot that was in her tweet.
17279284927238701.jpg

kingcaid

Khubie stream . Shes playing The Static Speaks My Name.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Tweet already deleted... I'm really not sure why she keeps regularly deleting tweets - let alone why they're up so briefly sometimes. Anyway, since she's drawing attention to the fact that people have found early versions of her model via skeb, here's the full body instead of just the headshot that was in her tweet.
Thanks for letting me know I forgot to add the screenshot I took to the original post. fixed
Buoys are built different

Edit: deleted here's a screenshot
View attachment 80543

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I've decided to use my powers granted by Elon Musk (aka Twitter Blue) to start a series of Effortposts[TM] about various things in the vtuber industry. This is mostly inspired by my stream with Armchair Expert.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Didn't see this posted, but Roach Mom entered a chrysalis and now morping into some moth-roach abomination

As part of her transformation she became bald

Not Coni/Menace opens up about family issues after the recent pair of hurricanes

Mint apparently showed a preview of her new model that she is debuting at the end of the month at the offkai concert she did last week.

Almost positive now that her new mama is Ayamy.

That's just green Pomu

Sasuga Minto

Top Bottom