"Unnngh.... I'm gonna... I'm gonna birth a goal now! ngggh!!!"Takanashi Kiara

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebby

Ok 👍

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Is there any context or is this just for the shits and giggles? Regardless, very interesting work as always pipkun 👍
dizzy played pippa's pippa rhe ripper instead of rie's despite having rie on her late night stream. why does dizzy hate rie?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If you want to watch the US Presidential debates, some anime fox girl is giving commentary if you're interested:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
❤️❤️❤️GiGi❤️❤️❤️

I love it when vtubers have a special something, a hidden facet of their personality that comes through in their streams over time. Who would have guessed that Gigi would have such a strong literary inclination, or that that would lead to her making such a strong impact through RP? In hindsight, her dominating performance in the spelling bee was a bit of a hint.

I'd also like to recognize Ame's RP performance. She's the one who had the brilliant idea to RP losing her memory after all, which created the opportunity for Gigi's "humble knight" moment.

No, I'm never going to shut up about Enrico.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Does Mococo have a brain tumor or something? It seems like at least one stream a week is cancelled because of migraines now.

These migraines have been a thing since around December last year. (Likely even before, but the first mention of it was around then). They've never elaborated AFAIK but in general, it seems like Mococo has some sort of chronic condition or health problem. These two genuinely hate cancelling streams but nearly every time they've had to, it's been because of her having migraines or other issues.

Besides the migraines, there was that doctor's appointment last year where Fuwawa said "things went worse than you can imagine for Moco-chan and she'll have to try again" but never specified what exactly. There was that time where they both had sore throat issues but Mococo's lasted way longer than Fuwawa's (when the famous clip of her yelling NOOEH happened). That lasted long enough that Fuwawa had to do a solo week while Mococo recovered. And IIRC on a roommate stream, they talked about Sally having to frequently take some sort of medication.

I just hope whatever it is doesn't interfere too much with their goals both as vtubers and IRL idols. But it's times like this where having a twin really has its advantages. Fuwawa is known for being incredibly useless but if there's one thing she can do better than anyone else, it's taking care of her sister.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Trying to boost your popularity by appealing to the whatever the fuck Ami's fans call themselves. Shame on you @superduper .

Any chance i can get the "new meaning" I'm not retarded enough to be in the know.

It's only been around a month, so no clue where it's going to end up. Currently it means something close to Passive-Aggressive or Malicious Compliance, I think. Apparently there is already a trend of "is it Brat or Demure", working off a previous trend. It frankly started more as someone finding a Thesaurus and accidently helping people Humblebrag with a shorter term. I don't actively keep up on trends, but when they break containment I'll comment. heh

Calling something "demure" is just a lot easier than having to take a typewriter to a coffee shop to look properly hip. It's always about signaling status, just in new & stupid ways.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
it's

it's not supposed to work this fast

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
it's

it's not supposed to work this fast

c8n5gb.gif

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Mooms is live for some more ripping and tearing.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grimmi live, reading more Juni Ito

She also got perms to stream the first four episodes of The IT Crowd.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Also Uruka: I must date a 22-26 year old fit/athletic chinese entrepeneur in the $80k-$220k range. Totally not delulu why didja ask?

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

VSoyBoy

Isn't Doki also not participating because its an in person event?
I think so too, not necessarily because it's an in person event, but just because she doesn't really seem to like leaving the house much.

The way she talked about it ever since they got to that stage though makes me think there's some fuckery afoot, never really committing to one side or another from what I've seen. Whether that means she'll be playing or participating in some other way we'll see but until she gives a firm no there's some doubt for me.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
True, that is one of the big metas. You know what another big meta is? Actually having your superchats turned on. Imma go out on a limb and say Suisei is not in it for the money.
To be fair, even if SCs were on, there's only so many SCs people can send if you struggle to hit doubledigit hours streamed per month. She's streamed more recently, but for a very long time, Suisei streams were basically unicorns.
No they weren't lol, Holo was a nothing corpo which tried to clone Kizuna and nobody gave a shit about for like a whole year whilst Niji exploded onto the scene and gained tons of traction by popularizing streaming and Live2D. Holo doesn't begin to get popular until december of 2018 and the christmas miracle and they don't hit their stride until gen 3.
The christmas miracle was in 2017.

One also shouldn't exaggerate the difference. Everyone was a small corpo back then. Using the oldest debut as starting date, Holo was the oldest (an astonishing nine months!) but barely grew. Niji was only three months old but had already hit 20+ members. upd8 had only just started in June 2018 (after the magazine issue would've entered print). .LIVE was slightly larger than Nijisanji at 24 members, almost all of which had debuted in May.

In June 2018, .LIVE and Nijisanji were the industry leaders, but just three months earlier, Nijisanji would've had zero (0) active members while .LIVE would've had a grand total of three. Which rather illustrates how incredibly fluid the scene was.

Hololive in 2018 wasn't some tiny newcomer going up against established giants. It was merely the slowest growing among several startups that were busy creating a new market.

WaWa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom