"I took down my asmr videos on youtube because I found out that my family found them and they've been kind of using them to laugh at me 🥲"Alchemilla Menace

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

✡️
IDOL CORP OFFICIALLY PURCHASED BY BRAVE GROUP
✡️

So Brave Group now owns Globie, V4 Mirai and Idol Corp, and it's still less well-known or relevant than some company of sad women run by a guy pretending to be a fish. Just goes to show that you can't buy clout or relevance, you need to earn it.

JusticeDog

So did the Idol girls get that US trip for free with the leftover money? Lmao

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Was it so hard to stay indie for a bit and talk to fishman to be an invader?? GG Lisa. The rest I hope you had an exit plan cause they will start cutting the fat in the company. :ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek:
I think she still got a chance, isn't the invader audience still open?
OKAY, SO WHO LEAVES IDOL?

*Ring sound*

RIGHT NOW, THE BETS ARE IN:

CONI AND RIN

Anybody else?
@The Proctor can we have a thread to make bets and the winner gets forum-funded 100 shekels?
240731-231625.png

Bro like this is the golden opportunity for Coni to leave without losing anything. IS HER ONE IN A MILLION CHANCE.

Probably her head had to be a mess trying to reach a decision. After all, she joined a corpo for their support, is she will be going to be okay without this support?

She is probably already in V-dere gen 2. Im sure the writing on the wall was far clearer from inside the company.
Moving in with Mozu is either a V-Dere co-opt or she just found support in Mozu splitting the bills.
She also reposted this right after and had posted it shortly before her stream and the announcement which overlapped cause she doesn't give two fucks. I'm :cursedbae: and she's joining Phase as an Invader
I don't know if she would fit Phase now. Past Megbert? Definitely, but her being a bit more whorish and catty today would definitely bite them in the ass.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

✡️IDOL CORP OFFICIALLY PURCHASED BY BRAVE GROUP✡️

(Archive)
[EDIT]
Statement from the head Rabbi;

(Archive)

Addition; New Head-Manager of Idol Has an account created in early May, suggesting the deal was done by then;
Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 04-16-47 Lani @ Idol - YouTube.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 04-19-27 Announcement - YouTube.png

Void Scribas

So Brave Group now owns Globie, V4 Mirai and Idol Corp, and it's still less well-known or relevant than some company of sad women run by a guy pretending to be a fish. You can't buy clout or relevance, you need to earn that shit.
They are going to buy Pixellink and take full control of the VSMP server. That was always the plan. It was always Nikki Rei plan.

Bronze

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
@The Proctor can we have a thread to make bets and the winner gets forum-funded 100 shekels?
240731-231625.png
He still dead, went to sleep around 3-4 hours ago. Maybe ask the jannies if they can make a thread for it.

Halal Gaming

I know a lot of people here talked about this possibility, but I know so little of Idol I thought it was a rrat or a schizo theory. Can't believe they got adquired by Brave from all companies.
At least it seems they learned from their mistakes with Gamebu and past dramas, right?... right?
(no seriously I have zero knowledge about brave besides them being in some super drama years ago, and the basics of gamebu, and I don't even know if it's the same company)
In case someone didnt know i am going to list everything that Brave Group CURRENTLY owns just to inform the average vtuber fan:
VSPO (The most famous one and something they didnt even develop just came and purchased them)

niggaphil

So, @Awoogers Oshi will go indie? Or choose to stay in Idol? :dokiSmug:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
I know predicting Idol going down the shitter was one of the easiest predictions to make, but the Death Pool bonus points feel fucking fantastic
My Predictions are
Froot: Gets hit with the final yab through either her or her mother's stupidity and graduates from content creation joe cat style (long shot).
Naynners: has been in a downward spiral for a while and will just quit vtubing to focus on flesh streams and other content as its clear shes at the end of the rope.
Gura: retires as it is clear she doesn't want to do this anymore.
Yuko: Seems like there is a lot of rumbling behind the scenes, and Idol may detonate if they can't right the ship, and the first sign of their collapse would be her leaving to save her own skin. if this happens, there's a good chance most of the other girls follow through; that's still an incredibly remote possibility now
Most of the EN Nij talents: Kind of a cop-out, but Selen shit show is looking Final Yab tier, especially if it comes out that she tried to kill herself; there's a good chance most of them jump ship. Like, what's happening to Nij ID, so it's a real grab bag of talents leaving..
Muyu: I honestly think most of the phase girls are in a good place right now, including Muyu, but given just how dog shit her life has been going as of late, phase is all she has. So, while this is the most unlikely prediction on this list, she would only graduate by killing herself. I hope to be wrong on this and that she gets the help she desperately needs from the other girls, but the possibility of her killing herself remains.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So Brave Group now owns Globie, V4 Mirai and Idol Corp, and it's still less well-known or relevant than some company of sad women run by a guy pretending to be a fish. Just goes to show that you can't buy clout or relevance, you need to earn it.
and VSPO... which is the third most popular agency in the world... You can buy clout and relevance, it's just that there are very few relevant companies in this industry and none of them are willing to sell so Brave just gets the scraps.

RiverBear

So Coni lost the chance to join Vdere and any girls who might be interested in becoming an invader also possibly lost the chance. At least they are keeping their models, but sounds slightly scummy if that's the case. These things don't get decided in a few days generally

Archive

Jews being Jews - passing all the issues to another company while raking in all the cash.

This is Alviel effectively jumping off a sinking ship

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Of course he fucking finally announces he sold to Brave the moment I chose in the day to post about holoARK. Everyone knew this shit was coming since the start of the whole Brave thing, couldn't he have done it way sooner?

Fucking Jew probably realized the bad press lately was gonna make the company worth even less and got pressured to finally sell or something.

Fuck you, Aviel. 🖕:BijouBijou:🖕
You said exactly what I was thinking. That announcement was posted 3 minutes after my post, fucking Aviel pulled one final scam on me after never delivering my donothon goods
:BijouBijou:

I think Rin is most likely to stay in Idol.
Before she did her artist payments post thing, I would have agreed. She's been a big defender of Aviel and the company, only showing trust for them over the months. Hell, she's one of the only girls that hasn't done anything on her PL at all. After she basically went against them to make her own statement for the artists though, I feel like she might just do what's best and leave.

and by that I mean I fucking hope she gets the hell out of there

where are my goddamn donothon goods
487923789.jpg

and more important, where's my scrimblo fella??
24881.png

24882.png

Ensok

Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
She also reposted this right after and had posted it shortly before her stream and the announcement which overlapped cause she doesn't give two fucks. I'm :cursedbae: and she's joining Phase as an Invader
View attachment 74883
I'm no Phase beggar.....but this would be so fucking funny....

To be more serious, I wish the talents the best with whatever they decide on. I don't know shit about Brave, but I hope it works for those who decide to stay and I hope the best for those who decide to go indie. Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition for them either way and it doesn't change things too much for them. Some really good talents here, so hopefully things work well for them.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Interesting caveat that the girls are allowed to take their IPs and go indie if they so wish. I'd imagine Rin is the most likely to do it, she's the most popular by far and I don't know what Idol actually does for her at this point that she couldn't accomplish on her own. She even stood up to them with that clipper payment drama thing, so I don't think any hypothetical goodwill between her and the company exists to keep her in. Coni also seems likely, it'd give her a good opportunity to start converting the carnies over to Menace. I would selfishly hope Lisa gets off the Brave Train while she can, but it makes no sense for her to do so, given she joined Idol for the corporate support with music in the first place. Bailing on Idol would only put her back at square one. Small aside, but with V4 and now at least a fair chunk of Idol, it's starting to alarm me that the fate and success of so many vtubers I care about rests in the hands of fucking Brave group :pomuStare:

That the talents are free to take their IP and leave is the weirdest part of this deal by far IMO, because if some of the biggest talents decide to leave, that greatly reduces the value of what Brave just acquired. Hell, if all of them decide to walk, then Brave has just bought a heaping pile of nothing, didn't they?

I think the only way that that makes sense is if either the talents' decisions were made some time ago and which talents will be staying and leaving was already priced into the cost of the acquisition, or the cost was so low that Brave still sees some value in it no matter who stays and who leaves.

Bronze

Small announcement from Brave. They are making Idol a north american focused company. Makes sense since they have globie. It will stay as a different group

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Top Bottom