"I shan't say..."Lottie Shinju

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
whoah N1
I never took Bae to be that damn good in japanese
like yeah, she is fluent and has no issues to communicate but as far as I heard even native japanese people would have to study a bit to pass N1 because at that level the vocabulary is very specific and technical

just for the fun of it, I made a tierlist of my impression of the fluency of the EN and ID members
e1347g.png

I am very likely wrong on several parts, just like how I didnt know Bae has an N1, I would have moved her up
Also I am pretty sure Reine as a N2
I dont remember if Kiara has ever made a JLPT Test but it doesnt seem that way from what shes told us (just how she never took a japanese class and leaned it all on her own in 6 months and by speaking lots to Japanese people)
But being wrong and getting people to correct you is part of the fun of doing tier lists

I am not 100% about Kiara but she did impress some JP members with her kanji skills in the past, but also she impressed both nene and Haachama, who are both dumb as bricks
Haachama especially, because of her HS in Australia she to this day runs into trouble reading even a bit more common Kanji and chat has to help her read
Raora knows like no Japanese. She is probably in light green tier. Mumei is probably yellow, she is pretty decent when she needs to be. Kaela is probably light green or yellow, too.

Bae is probably good where she is at, actually. She is great at conversation, but has difficulty with kanji to where she normally has to get assistance from chat if the kanji is lesser-used.

But yeah, she is an N1 speaker.

Anime Fan

Shiina's returning to Yu-Gi-Oh in a few minutes.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
A Phase Connect talent did some RP ASMR stream that ended with a surprise NTR ending. Most people rightfully weren't a fan, while a few went so far as to become "traumatized" by it.

Also, at some point, we entered an alternate timeline where Yuko from Idol didn't leave her Yuko fans for her old Rye fans that made fun of Yuko's fans more than once, and therefore allowing "Idolbros" to stay winning.
:smugpipi:
It wasn't an ASMR just a regular RP, I caught the beginning before I had to do something and missed the shit show.

frz

Holy shit you guys are mind broken by the ntr things. You still haven't stopped lmao.

Most of the outrage on 4chan are not from actual phase viewers but dramafags/legal mindset fans. They got a taste for it after nijisanji. Now they hunt dramas from hololive and phase too.

Despite their reputation, phase has been relatively "clean" recently. Either that or most people doesn't watch phase anyway. This one you can infer the content just from the thumbnail and stream title. So it was the perfect storm.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I want to grammar nazi a bit.
I know that english is absolute shitshow of a language, but illicit and elicit are completely different words you retard!

Now fixate on "affect" vs "effect" and watch what's left of your sanity fade into nothing.

Wixoyu

whoah N1
like yeah, she is fluent and has no issues to communicate but as far as I heard even native japanese people would have to study a bit to pass N1 because at that level the vocabulary is very specific and technical

just for the fun of it, I made a tierlist of my impression of the fluency of the EN and ID members

I am very likely wrong on several parts, just like how I didnt know Bae has an N1, I would have moved her up
I dont remember if Kiara has ever made a JLPT Test but it doesnt seem that way from what shes told us (just how she never took a japanese class and leaned it all on her own in 6 months and by speaking lots to Japanese people)
But being wrong and getting people to correct you is part of the fun of doing tier lists

I am not 100% about Kiara but she did impress some JP members with her kanji skills in the past, but also she impressed both nene and Haachama, who are both dumb as bricks
Haachama especially, because of her HS in Australia she to this day runs into trouble reading even a bit more common Kanji and chat has to help her read
Nerissa is around small conversation, I'm pretty sure Ame is still at bits and pieces, Kronii is probably conversational when she isn't psyching herself out, and IRyS has had at least one doctor look at her like a retard because she didn't know technical/formal Japanese.

Stunned But Dumb

Most of the outrage on 4chan are not from actual phase viewers but dramafags/legal mindset fans. They got a taste for it after nijisanji. Now they hunt dramas from hololive and phase too.

I was aware most of the stirrers weren't usual Iori watchers (just to be blunt, her numbers are too small for any other conclusion to be the case) but I didn't know drama mongers had crept that far on vt. I don't go there often.

How horrifying

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Holy shit you guys are mind broken by the ntr things. You still haven't stopped lmao.

Despite their reputation, phase has been relatively "clean" recently. Either that or most people doesn't watch phase anyway. This one you can infer the content just from the thumbnail and stream title. So it was the perfect storm.
NTR is still gay

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Phase is just popular enough to get people whining over small shit now. This is like a HoloEN-tier drama moment where people overblow a mildly dumb thing a talent did.

IRyS has had at least one doctor look at her like a retard because she didn't know technical/formal Japanese.
IRyS is a weird case because she obviously knows a lot of the language and a good grasp on kanji, but she is also retarded (affectionate) with both English and Japanese.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
whoah N1

e1347g.png

Put Ame in the bits and pieces of Japanese category.

Unseiso Dragon

Seiso? Say No!
Shiina's returning to Yu-Gi-Oh in a few minutes.

If only I had time to watch this

I NO RIKE BEING SARARYMAN :pikameefuck:
Also what happened with Runie's duelist arc?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Phase is just popular enough to get people whining over small shit now. This is like a HoloEN-tier drama moment where people overblow a mildly dumb thing a talent did.
The top doesn't look so idyllic and awesome when you finally get there does it? :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
e1347g.png
Add Miko in the bottom tier.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
whoah N1

e1347g.png

IRyS is pretty shit at kanji, despite being native. Although, to be fair, a lot of Japanese people just rely on their phones for reading and writing kanji now.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The top doesn't look so idyllic when finally get there does it? :Vesper-UNHINGED:
There is more blood in the water Phase wise right now and it also is a byproduct of their talents catering towards crazy 4chan types and unicorns ($$$) not unlike Idol corp while also trying to be more expansive like Holo. They can definitely make it to holo tier where they could ignore stuff like this but they'd also need to jettison some of their smaller talents.

Its more funny because Tenma could pull this off and yeah there would be people that would be pissed but it would also be funnier coming from Tenma. I don't watch Iori but I have seen some real seethe here and there so its like, whoops?!?! I guess. That aspect is funny to me. But yeah I'm not even going to say that it was a bad idea, and yes NTR is some GAY shit but at the same time it could probably be pulled off...?! Maybe?!? Azehara was saying that it was a good idea to get eyes, but being knee deep in the trenches with Idol and Phase I would have to disagree with that. Especially since we are in the middle of some sort of Youtube cull with added scruitiny as Frz stated on Vtubers in particular.

Now having said that I would also say that a Holo trying to do that would also be a bad idea, because its gay

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
whoah N1

e1347g.png

Kiara's Japanese actually got worse, Marine said as much in their last (I think) collab. She now sounds funny to natives, which wasn't always the case.

Such is the consequence of not spending enough time in Japan.

Anya pretty consistently ranks top on 2/5ch threads on the topic and among Japanese clippers, I think. Last time I checked was before Fuwamoco, mind you. But since Anya doesn't speak in retarded toddler, she should rank above them, anyway.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Now fixate on "affect" vs "effect" and watch what's left of your sanity fade into nothing.
These two are at least close in meaning.
NTR is still gay
If only, then we could've avoid it easier. Sadly, NTR is very hetero and full of disgustingly hairy sweaty armpits and crotches. I can't fathom why women love that shit so much (i mean manga).
IRyS is pretty shit at kanji, despite being native. Although, to be fair, a lot of Japanese people just rely on their phones for reading and writing kanji now.
Everyone is pretty shit at kanji. Including every single one professor of linguistics. Kanji sucks, it's objectively extremely inefficient form of writing.

JMForte

True, most of the people complaining on 4chan don't watch Iori, in fact the Phase thread didn't care about it at all, they were too busy with the Phase fighting tournament. The problem that Iori is actually having is that many people that do watch her also didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom