"It's actually getting hot. Today's not as cool as usual. I'm wearing a tank top, t...uhhhh...invisible tank top, too"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Salado

VTuberBobDole

Pretty much everyone but Yuri and Chapipi are incriminated in the Discord screencaps:

All of them except Chapipi could be argued as one, but if we are to pick I guess Vee and Hylo take the cake. Hylo seems to have gotten better.

As a fan of Roca when she debuted with Idol, I never dug much deeper into her PL than the surface of being Chapipi previously, who I thought was indie (and I guess she was at the end). Never realized she was formerly with CyberLive and all their drama, but it sounds like she might have been the sole, or one of the few, that escaped the drama. Glad I found her and didn't have to be disappointed by past actions. She's got the bratty thing going, but always felt like a sweet/good girl underneath it.

While reading some about Chapipi in the vtuber wiki, I saw that she took a few breaks for health reasons back when she was with them as well. Did she ever say what she had going on? I know she's mentioned she has a couple medical things as Roca, but can't remember or missed if she ever went in more details about it. I know she broke her leg just a week or two ago while in the US and I thought something was said about a bone thing maybe contributed, but it was kind of lost in the shuffle.

AmpleChip

In other news, I noticed recently, with the introduction of HoloESL ala Justice.
There's a surge of ESL clippers who just subs the wrong english
For example this video:

At the end of the vid Cecillia said "He bit me" which I digress is kinda hard to hear but the subber went and use "he takes me" as if the dog takes her to bed or something.
There were plenty of other clips I saw. Just a cycle of ESL subbing ESL resulting in broken english.
It's pretty lax on this one but there were ones where the subber just did half the video of incorrect subs. It gets particularly bad in collabs.
I think ERB got the subs wrong the most, then Cici.

ESL clippers should neck themselves. Listening to the original Japanese is easier than reading subtitles written by those sweatshop pajeets.

dontrecommendchannel - Copy.png

Void Scribas

As a fan of Roca when she debuted with Idol, I never dug much deeper into her PL than the surface of being Chapipi previously, who I thought was indie (and I guess she was at the end). Never realized she was formerly with CyberLive and all their drama, but it sounds like she might have been the sole, or one of the few, that escaped the drama. Glad I found her and didn't have to be disappointed by past actions. She's got the bratty thing going, but always felt like a sweet/good girl underneath it.

While reading some about Chapipi in the vtuber wiki, I saw that she took a few breaks for health reasons back when she was with them as well. Did she ever say what she had going on? I know she's mentioned she has a couple medical things as Roca, but can't remember or missed if she ever went in more details about it. I know she broke her leg just a week or two ago while in the US and I thought something was said about a bone thing maybe contributed, but it was kind of lost in the shuffle.
Have you seen Unbreakable? Roca has the same problem that Mr.Glass, her bones break much easier than a normal person.

She talks about it in the offcollab they made last week. She didn't even fell to the floor when it happened, she just stumbled on something, and poof, her bone shattered.

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
You're both wrong. She said, "He attacked me!" ESLs complaining about ESLs subtitling ESLs incorrectly.
:ameheh:

Pretty much. American English is actually closer to Shakespearean English than modern British English is.
Ironically linguistically it's Appalachian hillbilly dialect that's the closest to old English. Mofos sound the same as they did back when they kicked the Loyalists out. The rest of the country and England itself is very different now.

Void Scribas

It's hard to tell, but most have cooled off about the whole drama with time, though for a while Emma, Menace and Hylo were pretty active haters of Lumi. Lumi has gone on record before as that the stuff that has been spread about her has made it harder to find mixers willing to work with her on music.
I love Coni and many of the Phase Connect girls, so I need to ask, the fact that Pippa and Coni were both invited to the VSMP server is not going to cause problems?

Did they ever apologize to Lumi in the end?

EDIT: Jesus, never had the opportunity to see the screenshots, these girls really hate her.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
In other news, I noticed recently, with the introduction of HoloESL ala Justice.
There's a surge of ESL clippers who just subs the wrong english
For example this video:

At the end of the vid Cecillia said "He bit me" which I digress is kinda hard to hear but the subber went and use "he takes me" as if the dog takes her to bed or something.
There were plenty of other clips I saw. Just a cycle of ESL subbing ESL resulting in broken english.
It's pretty lax on this one but there were ones where the subber just did half the video of incorrect subs. It gets particularly bad in collabs.
I think ERB got the subs wrong the most, then Cici.

Aren’t you the person who makes clips of Polka despite not being fluent in Japanese? Quite ironic to be complaining about ESL subbing if so.

Edit: Straight from the horse’s mouth:
The austistic retard frz is back with another video, this one took 2 weeks of bruteforcing japanese
Yes this nene 30 second section took me 5 hours to decipher.

I did study japanese for like 6 months but got ousted for being too lazy to learn kanji, but I'm fine-ish with sentence structures and grammar. Maybe. Maybe not. Half of it comes from watching anime anyway.
But yes alot of it is google translate, looking for jap subbed videos, google translating chat to figure out what the talent is saying, using google auto caption, listening at 0.25 speed for marine, etc.
I totally did not rewatch the entire jojo episode to find out what one reference in the video was saying.
Watame I don't know if she's alright, she appeared to be reading chat all the time in this clip but half of the shit she said isn't in chat at all. I think she's haluing some of it.
Hinative is a god sent. Most of the shit I searched for is available on there. Basically a website where native japanese answer "what does this mean" and they are far far better than dictionary sites. If hinative didn't exist maybe I wouldn't be able to put out any video at all.
I'm pretty sure I got this video on 99% accuracy though, if it's on like 70% accuracy I just shelve the video, have scrapped 3 clips like that.

Also note that this is someone with heavy case of ESL for the extra autism.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Messi Kimochi :D

Are all argentinians incapable of producing the /CH/ sound.

Like if I say "let's go to a chipotle for chimichangas" it's gonna come out as "let's go to a sshhipotle for sshhimisshangas"

Bronze

I love Coni and many of the Phase Connect girls, so I need to ask, the fact that Pippa and Coni were both invited to the VSMP server is not going to cause problems?

Did they ever apologized to Lumi in the end?
Neither Coni nor Roca seem to have a problem with Phase. In fact I remember Coni saying positive things about Pippa, but it was during her donothon so can't find it.

Phase doesn't seem to be too present in VSMP anyway, so it's not too important. Lumi's not in, and even if she joins in future, they can simply avoid her.
If anyone reconciled, it didn't happen in public unless I've missed it. Offkai was an opportunity for some but no idea if anyone took it.

Stunned But Dumb

Alright you whores and ESLs. Stop whoring about ESLs and the whore and ESL adjacent. The Priestess is finally about to speak

You could also check out Doki's celebration about nothing right here, which Mint will be joining.

They're all late!!! THEY HAAAAATE UUUUUUSSSSS!!

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
Untitled-1.png

Why do these "people" exist?
e. Lumi's 3D thing

Last edited:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Arya's APEX.

EDIT: She seems a little down, apparently, she didn't have a good day...

And Rhubarb in the VSMP server.

Last edited:

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Rosemi is back! She just went live, presumably she will talk on stream about why she was away for a while.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Maria is either very hopeful or genuinely teasing something

I wish @Scuddle was still here so I could say the opportunity was to shove the penlight up his ass.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
It's Muyu time

Ina chatting

Rhubarb's first day in the VSMP

Capo Miyo's asmr

Twitch

Tea playing TESO

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Did they ever apologize to Lumi in the end?

EDIT: Jesus, never had the opportunity to see the screenshots, these girls really hate her.
Coni's interacted with various Phase girls. Many of the other former Cyberlive girls from those screenshots have done so as well. At this point, I doubt there's that much tribalism regarding them and the Phase girls. Unless there have been some reconciliations in the background, I'm sure Lumi won't be doing much interacting with them, but I highly doubt there would be any issues with the other Phase girls doing so. So no, I can't imagine it's going to cause any problems. While I doubt Lumi and them are on friendly terms, I'm sure most involved in that stuff want to move on and focus on their own things rather than focus on past grudges.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Can vtubers stop?

A

Being gross, degenerate and quirky is the new meta, get used to it because people are gonna run it into the ground.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Jelly sang an "interesting" version of Creep last night

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Filian is doing another laxative stream btw
just thought you might like to know

I think I'm gonna go watch Doki and Mint instead...

Top Bottom