"Props to Jersh though, because despite how many times it's gotten knocked down, he's always found a way to bring it back up, he's like a crotchety old man having to restart his basement generator all the time"Kirschey

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

jebby

Ok 👍

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Huh what a coincidence, I'm watching it right now. Seems to have several references to actual vtubers, software and events, the people making this show seems to be actual vtuber fans.

The main character reminds me of a mix of Lamy, Haachama, Matsuri.. probably other non-Holo JP vtubers I'm not familiar with. She starts off super seiso and kinda boring with low numbers until she goes viral for forgetting to turn off her stream on day. Chat gets to hear her getting piss drunk, watching her gen mate's streams, say impure lesbian things about them, then passing out. There are plenty of references to Subaru's Sausage Legends streams, ASMR, and Great Value versions of Subaru, Choco, Fubuji and.. maybe short-hair Otogibara.

The forgetting to turn off the stream has definitely happened a few times but I don't know of any that was quite like the one in the anime. Any vtuber old-heads know?
Is it actually any good? I read the manga/LN and the thing bored me to death after the first volume. The plot boils down to "OH NOES IM SUPPOSED TO BE SEISO BUT IM ACTUALLY NOT! TEEHEE!" and then it just becomes a play-by-play of a generic stream with random inane cookie-cutter comments over and over and over again where nothing happens? Is there actually any plot to it or is it just slice-of-life with extra steps and 99% fluff?

Is there something I'm not getting here? Is just copy-pasting reality and animating it somehow make it entertaining? Imo it would've been much more interesting if the girl had to actually hide her real personality due to corpo mandates but sometimes it shone through and we could see how shitty her irl life is compared to being a famous streamer.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Is it actually any good? I read the manga/LN and the thing bored me to death after the first volume. The plot boils down to "OH NOES IM SUPPOSED TO BE SEISO BUT IM ACTUALLY NOT! TEEHEE!" and then it just becomes a play-by-play of a generic stream with random inane cookie-cutter comments over and over and over again where nothing happens? Is there actually any plot to it or is it just slice-of-life with extra steps and 99% fluff?

Is there something I'm not getting here? Is just copy-pasting reality and animating it somehow make it entertaining? Imo it would've been much more interesting if the girl had to actually hide her real personality due to corpo mandates but sometimes it shone through and we could see how shitty her irl life is compared to being a famous streamer.
Only one episode is out, who knows. You'd prob know more as a manga and LN reader. I'm giving it the usual three episode rule, first episode is fine but I can see possible weaknesses you mentioned:botanshrug:

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
> check it out
> fast forward to random match
> she's playing Kim
> first thing I see her do is drive rush into b.HK as an oki tool

Oh...she actually knows how to play? Hang on lemme see this shit.

1720476825706.png

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Maybe not to you or I who watch vtubers, but to the non-rabbithole population it might strike as funny, maybe.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Tea playing TESO

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Maybe not to you or I who watch vtubers, but to the non-rabbithole population it might strike as funny, maybe.
Could be, but if so it's a pretty shit representation of vtubing lol, the men with voicechangers meme will never die at this rate.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Grass4Cats

Cats chew me
It's easy to hate on the western VA scene for being consistently retarded but in this case I don't really hold it against them. The game has gotten significantly lewder over time as they catered to the coomer audience more and even does stuff like ASMR now. I don't blame a VA whose uncomfortable with doing NSFW VA work refusing to do so when that's not what they signed up for initially. It would be like an actor who signed on for a movie being told they now had to do sex scenes in the middle of filming.
After digging and playing the game since then, the ASMR shit has nothing to do with Western VAs. It is purely the Chinese side. Even the Japanese version don't have any dub for the ASMR. So your point of them worrying for being forced to voicing any NSFW stuff is moot.

So yes, this is still the case of Western VAs being retarded as usual because they hate the evergrowing fanservice that saved the game from EoS early and you are gay for agreeing with them. :kaelalaugh:

I have mentioned playing the game. And I will tell you right now, the VA work for this game is minimal. The bulk of it is really in the trailers/Youtube videos and some interactions with paid costumes like the Nurse Enya for example. Even then, it's just ecchi/fluff interaction, never crossing the line into hentai. The story section where characters talking doesn't have actual voice acting, just saying a line or two. During shooting section, their spoken lines are just random battle lines.

So yeah, such hard work and they throw it all away for perceived negotiation power they have for returning. Important Voice Actors vs Paying Chinese Customers. Yeah did I forgot to mention majority of their revenue comes from Chink players at that? The outcome was obvious. And pretty sure they will get more work from future upcoming gacha games anyway so it's not like they are completely out of work. If not, then good luck to them :botanshrug:

Clip tax:
Green Doll got her keyboard scuff for a while and later gets the programmed urge to play piano key instead:

I find her saying "For Justice" cute. Am I a dollfucker now? :kiaragosling:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

Oh cool, Dizzy is going to play Soma.

Gonna have to catch this vod. Lot of birthdays... lot of vods...

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I feel like Kronii is doing a very bad job of trying to convince us that Sally is not her sister
I mainly doubt it because Sally sounds so ESL while Kronii just sounds like a white girl. I do think they're cousins though.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I find her saying "For Justice" cute. Am I a dollfucker now? :kiaragosling:
The algorithim is trying to make everyone into one or i have to check the others' tags because i swear Ceci has more lewd art than Raora

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer
I keep seeing reoccurring rrats popping up indicating Marimari hates Hina is there any truth to this or am I drinking too much of the /vt/koolaid(s)?

I can tell Mari isn't the biggest fan of Hina hitting the :calidrinking: too hard but I never got the impression she hated Hina

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I keep seeing reoccurring rrats popping up indicating Marimari hates Hina is there any truth to this or am I drinking too much of the /vt/koolaid(s)?

I can tell Mari isn't the biggest fan of Hina hitting the :calidrinking: too hard but I never got the impression she hated Hina
Are you sure its not /vt/ autists taking tone of voice or sarcasm too hard like everytime someone spreads the "X HATES X REE" shit with no proof

Top Bottom