"Oh that's nice! Usually they say I have a face for radio... lol!"Mozumi Pichi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

niggaphil

Fishman tweeted to clarify some very important issue:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
NijiJP has been invited to shill for Honkai StarRail's 1 year anniversary. I'd like it noted here that I started playing this game before they shilled for it, my poor life choices are my own. Will this redeem them in the eyes of the notoriously insane fanbase that is western genshin/star rail players many of which also are NijiEN fans?
No.
Given that no one on EN is invited that is telling imo. Does the en side really not have a gacha addict at this point? Or was this a tactical decision to exclude them.:ameliaThink:

Finana was unable to go on the Antartica trip with Pomu and Elira cause she was broke, likely from gacha addiction. She plays HSR/Genshin constantly but still couldn't get in on that sponsorship.

:SelenHAHAhere:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Finana was unable to go on the Antartica trip with Pomu and Elira cause she was broke, likely from gacha addiction. She plays HSR/Genshin constantly but still couldn't get in on that sponsorship.

:gurawho:

WaWa

Chimkin figma up for pre-order. Orders directly with Good Smile comes with a bonus face plate.

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Fishman tweeted to clarify some very important issue:

But you need 2 pairs for when you decide to go into four wheel drive mode.

Ensok

Early Adopter
Chimkin figma up for pre-order. Orders directly with Good Smile comes with a bonus face plate.

Well, looks like it's time to spend money again.

niggaphil

Someone has to replicate this scene again with Kiara's figma :dokiSmug:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
So, who remembers this dude?

Well, he apparently tried crawling back to Holo by responding to Nerissa's call to find English lyricists. His Tweet has since been deleted, but the replies are still there:
View attachment 66804

A

A

Maybe don't ruin your chance with a big corpo over something so dumb if you ever get a break again, bro.

trash.png
This was apparently his deleted message (stolen from reddit where some fags are defending him btw) man couldn't even be bothered to write a message like all of the other artists shilling in the replies.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
NijiJP has been invited to shill for Honkai StarRail's 1 year anniversary. I'd like it noted here that I started playing this game before they shilled for it, my poor life choices are my own. Will this redeem them in the eyes of the notoriously insane fanbase that is western genshin/star rail players many of which also are NijiEN fans?
No.
Given that no one on EN is invited that is telling imo. Does the en side really not have a gacha addict at this point? Or was this a tactical decision to exclude them.:ameliaThink:

They had a collab campaign during 2.0 update as well with all their JP livers too (tweet attached below) so the decision was not deliberately made after the EN branch fiasco but most likely because their PR campaign is only within the JP community itself

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Is way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse but for now is just mere conjecture and we will need to wait her debut to see if it was right

But if you want to see how bad and deep the rabbit hole goes

Cutting for attention. No purpose or dedication in those cuts. Weak.

Not-Shinri its such a wholesome guy :yagoocry:

Dude really scored a dream job.

Who took over this? Is this another male spic?

I admire the creative shit he did as Magni and I won't spit on him since it looks like he didn't pull a Rushia and accuse Bettel of fucking his girlfriend or something. But something tells me I should limit my viewing of his new vtuber self along with his current shit in order to keep my appreciation of Magni intact.:magnicope:
I would give him a chance but honestly he should go to Youtube. Every 5 minutes I get 2 minutes of adds honestly it makes thing unwatchable.

While Finana was never a top earner she did have some paypigs here and there. How the fuck are you broke when you have been working at Niji since Gen 1? Did she even buy a house or pay her parents loan or some shit or did she just spend almost $160,000 on pngs?1711432714627.png

Sharing this here as it might help anyone looking to get into Vtubing. Tiny indie which has a ton of singing potential did a small guide on how she creates her covers. She has been doing shorts all based around music these past 15 or so days. I believe she debuts in around 20 days.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Does the en side really not have a gacha addict at this point?
AFAIK Finana. I remember Finana would stream Honkai Impact and Genshin a lot really early on. Hell, I went to check her channel to double check.

EN doesn't have gacha addicts to the degree of Niji JP though iirc. Hell, it's been posted recently they've all been on a Blue Archive binge with some of the JP talents pinning self-made halos on their models.
While Finana was never a top earner she did have some paypigs here and there. How the fuck are you broke when you have been working at Niji since Gen 1? Did she even buy a house or pay her parents loan or some shit or did she just spend almost $160,000 on pngs?
Outside of shit she needs (I assume Rent but if she hasn't left Minnesota she might have a house or condo or something) and her occasional Japan trips? She unironically spends a majority of her cash on gachas or probably on skins in Valorant or something. That's at least what I've heard in passing from her dwindling amount of Ryuguards.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Jewish dick sucking stream imminent. This year truly is the year of the grift.
I don't get your hard-on for hating the lawyer at every single possible opportunity regardless of what he's doing or how interesting it might be. If he makes shit content like his nothingburger dramatuber shit or when he doesn't do the research, fire away at him for being a fag. I'll be alongside you shit-talking him. If he does something interesting like interviewing the CEO of the fifth-largest EN vtuber corpo, that seems noteworthy and interesting to me. I'm glad he wants to make content like the latter and I'll be watching it.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't get your hard-on for hating the lawyer at every single possible opportunity regardless of what he's doing or how interesting it might be. If he makes shit content like his nothingburger dramatuber shit or when he doesn't do the research, fire away at him for being a fag. I'll be alongside you shit-talking him. If he does something interesting like interviewing the CEO of the fifth-largest EN vtuber corpo, that seems noteworthy and interesting to me. I'm glad he wants to make content like the latter and I'll be watching it.
I just don't like him or aviel. I may not be justified in that and I admit it but it is what it is.

USS IOWA

bothyourhouses

People have become wayyy too obsessed with witch hunting the other livers, Doki said she wants to move on and she's doing fine now idk why we need to keep whiteknighting her.
Honestly what happened shouldn't just be swept under the rug. Especially not without apologies (to shareholders doesn't count).
Instructing people to upload pirate copies of the company's property would get you fired from basically any entertainment company.
She did fuck up and deserved to get fired for breaking her contract in the way she did.
Any decent company would take the circumstances into account. Let's think through what the actual consequences of what she was calling for were: she wasn't creating liability for the company by encouraging people to pirate someone else's copyrighted material (and even if she had been, niji precedent is that you get a slap on the wrist for that, not firing). She wasn't costing the company sales by encouraging people to upload a paid video; she wasn't even costing them ad revenue because the official upload had been taken down, but also this was never a video that was intended to make money directly. It was a promotional video for the company, the point was to distribute it as widely as possible as advertising; calling for people to upload it was a desperate attempt to salvage value from a project that had been sabotaged by a manager making a bad decision to try to cover up their own failure. In any decent company you'd be rewarded for your quick thinking, unless the manager had actually met their deadlines and followed procedures correctly and had good grounds for doing the takedown.
either the contract is real, and they are all getting away with it because they make fujo bucks or the contract is fake/edited, and the terms have been more neboluous.
The third possibility is that the contract is real but it's not the same as every other liver's contract. Earlier generations might have different terms, or people who've renewed after a year might have better terms.
I can't imagine how stressful moving to another country by yourself must be, but I know some of the other girls have done it and it can't have been easy for them.
Meh. Honestly it's not that hard, especially if you have a good employer supporting you. The phone thing is like moving to Japan 101 if you do even basic research.
I want this to happen, just so that I can see the reactions around it. It would be very interesting, reading certain people's opinions about the hypothetical reveal.
I definitely want the contract reveal to happen. The only reason I wouldn't want it to be LM is that reading her contract would actually be perfect Rin Penrose content somehow.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
I really have to wonder what he was thinking, if he was thinking anything at all, when he tried to get a response from Nerissa. Even if she didn't remember him, did he really expect to get past the vetting process?
Joshua would first need to naked dogeza in front of FWMC. Twice.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Any decent company would take the circumstances into account. Let's think through what the actual consequences of what she was calling for were: she wasn't creating liability for the company by encouraging people to pirate someone else's copyrighted material (and even if she had been, niji precedent is that you get a slap on the wrist for that, not firing). She wasn't costing the company sales by encouraging people to upload a paid video; she wasn't even costing them ad revenue because the official upload had been taken down, but also this was never a video that was intended to make money directly. It was a promotional video for the company, the point was to distribute it as widely as possible as advertising; calling for people to upload it was a desperate attempt to salvage value from a project that had been sabotaged by a manager making a bad decision to try to cover up their own failure. In any decent company you'd be rewarded for your quick thinking, unless the manager had actually met their deadlines and followed procedures correctly and had good grounds for doing the takedown.
The problem is that piracy in itself is one of the touchiest subjects in existence for so many organisations in the entertainment industry that even alluding to the fact you're okay with pirating content could alienate certain business partners, which is a huge risk for a company who depend on other companies signing off on almost all of their typical day-to-day activities, and as they've grown they're likely to have become more conscious of that over time.

The part I think kind of seals the deal here is that it was pulled for a permissions issue. I don't deny that the sloppy communication behind the scenes is the more sympathetic issue, but if we narrow this down to how it looks on paper: Selen is informed the company has not fully verified they hold the right to publish all pieces of media that appear in the video -> Selen encourages unauthorised reproduction of the material that Niji itself may not even have the right to publish themselves. If it turns out that a mixer didn't sign a specific form or an artist had a clause in their agreement that retained inconvenient degrees of ownership, and she's instructed people to share it further, those reuploads and their respective viewcounts are demonstrable damages that could be levelled against the company if that individual wanted to pursue an opportunistic, bad-faith lawsuit.

Again, I think all of this is fucking autistic, and I can fully appreciate why she eventually just thought "fuck it" and went rogue. Niji's incompetently slow management were the reason it wasn't properly cleared in time. But I also wouldn't realistically expect anyone in a company who's as big (and therefore has a target on their back for lucrative lawsuits) as Nijisanji who plays loose with copyright to get away with it.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Wait Zen is a Mexican?

Didn't Zen get abandoned by their parents? Also wtf Hazumi Puertorrican? Seems weird that this is the first time I see/hear of this. Sure, I dont follow her too closely but seems strange given that anyone thats atleast 1/4 Puertorrican will let everyone and their mothers know that they are puertorrican and they are proud of it. Its basically like vegans and people that do crossfit. You will know because they will tell you ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Man. I hate it when I save a clip for later, and then it ends up getting deleted. Not only is the clip gone, but this guy (Jin Teramachi) nuked everything on his channel and deleted his twitter. Still, maybe this'll give me some motivation to watch them as soon as I can, instead of just leaving them for weeks or months at a time.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Some transgender person is confused on the meaning of "females only." So worried they only want real woman rather than women larpers.

Archive

Also, the last part of this reply was pretty funny considering recent events:

Archive

Top Bottom