"I do need an adult, unironically"Kirschey

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Kiara and the twins have met a decade ago or so
Irrc Pomu and Kiara didnt know each other before, even if the Kaigai-Idol scene is very small
IIRC, Pomu never really commited to being an idol in Japan at the same level as Kiara or the twins. Plus, I think their stints in Japan never overlapped.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

frz

COVID holding up hiring at COVER doesn't make sense to me either. Not saying you're wrong, just that the underlying logic doesn't make sense. The COVID lockdown meant a lot of indoors-related activities or things that removed a reason to go outside temporarily exploded in growth - streaming television like Netflix, home exercise equipment, and so forth. Surely when everyone's trapped at home and wanting entertainment is the best time to be trying to get attention and new viewers for vtubers.
Yagoo said they couldnt hire more managers due to it. And unless you have never seen kiara before. Hololive themselves runs into staffs and projects issues just like nina and pomu had.
In order to deal with these issues. Yagoo ceased debutting new talents and Riku accelerate. Also hire more eng speaking japanese since japanese people complain less.
En might get another gen but the lack of jp7 means hololive thinks they have enough now so /shrug
hmm Tinfoil Hat time: what if the opportunity Pomu talked about in the Member stream was the MGS Song Calli did.
It was 5 Months between that Member stream and Calli releasing the Song which she had to fix the Lyrics first, too
+ Timeline too big of a spread. Kiara birthday 3d actually make some sense since it was delayed 5 months.
+ Some people thinks Nijicon offered a chance of collab too. Collabing with an actual idol group was one of her debut dreams
You make it sound like Pomu is just some 2view weighing her options. The rules don't apply in this situation. Any EN corpo owner who isn't sliding into dokibird's DMs with offers of big cuts, signing bonuses, and MV production budgets is a fool. If she signs, they can call up two or three other candidates who made it to the final round in a previous audition and throw together a new gen in a hurry, or just debut her solo because fuck it, she's Pomu.
Holo not gonna do it. There were plenty of 5 views nijisanji JP that graduated. You think they are gonna bent the rule for a runt compared to those? If she want in she will need to get auditioned and wait for a time, also minimal 3 rejections.
Iirc the guy holding nijisanji companywide highest viewed stream graduated?
V4mirai, Brave, Phase, Vshojo are the current options. People assume Vshojo because all her friends are in there. They are the biggest and they already held multiple concerts. V4mirai offers the most idol shit but they are way too small.
Sakana will probs salivates at getting her though

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I guess the question is whether Anycolor can learn from their mistakes and gives these new hires the resources they need to succeed - I deserve all the rainbows for that.
I think pretty much every top content creator (that wasn't handed a golden spoon) basically stated you can have everything dumped into your lap and it wouldn't matter if you fail to properly utilize it so end of the day it would still have to be on them to push.
It is also worth noting that stream viewership numbers are down in the West across the board from what they were during the pandemic, not just with VTubers, aside from the ultra popular streamers like XQC
Yeah pretty much. Even e-thots took some kind of beating in metrics which says a lot.
IIRC, Pomu never really commited to being an idol in Japan at the same level as Kiara or the twins. Plus, I think their stints in Japan never overlapped.
She had her arc and did stuff but yeah they never crossed paths as far as I've known. She did a good job purging a lot of that era of her life slightly after joining nijiEN so unless you cared to kind of archive that kind of thing it's basically lost media.

The Rratarded Alt

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
irc the guy holding nijisanji companywide highest viewed stream graduated?
Not sure if fits, but I guessing that you referring to Mayuzumi Kai. He's (from what I know as a nijifag) one of the popular Niji dude that graduated in 2022. Most know him for being 'that one niji that is committed to his lore' and projected his face into Akihabara's building TV screen as some sort of his lore project.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

The Rratarded Alt

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Just a random thought but kinda related to the current discussion about Hololive debut rate.

People need to be aware that the long gap between debuts doesn't only apply to EN.
EN - 23 months between Council and Advent
JP - 26 months since HoloX. If you want to count ReGLOSS as part of JP, then it's about 21 months between HoloX and them, which is still much longer than the gap between JP5 and HoloX.
ID - 22 months since ID3. Though we know that ID4 is definitely coming since they held a dedicated audition for them. (Hmm, next week seems to be good week, with no existing birthdays and anniversaries.)

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
ebi handcam with her going through gacha merch

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I was going to actually try to warp the pictures but after 5 minutes of working on only a few frames, fuck that.

When you graduate a talent, it is a statistic.
When you graduate 10 million, it is a statistic!

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I know I tend to post about Niji, but I enjoy watching Ame and Advent from time to time. Biboo is more my cup of tea, but I think Shiori is great. I put her on in the background and her autistic ramblings make me smile. Sure she can be a bit much, but I feel like she knows what's too much and has a nice balance. I never quite understood the hate she received, other than unicorns wishing her the rope, but I can see how she comes off as a bit fake.
Quoting this as a stand in for other posts also saying she has "Fake" vibes.

It's weird, because her PL was literally the same, just with less resources. Kind of difficult to be less fake than changing basically only your model and nothing else when going from indy to corpo.
Being an idol with idols requires her to audition for HL gen 4. Brave group has V4mirai which is their Idol project according to them. They got 3D really fast and did few concert appearances, but their scale is small currently.

But I would ride with Vshojo unless she'll try HL since they are getting into music, concerts and have resources to spend. They put Henya in Candy pop despite saying its late for her, so clearly they try to make things work for talents. She also can appear in other concerts like Kson and Ironmouse did. There's no guarantee HL will say "omg pomu! We are pomu" and recruit her either.
She'll also talk plenty with Kiara and Foxroach, and from what I have caught, I think Foxroach has a higher opinion of Vshojo's management than Kiara does of Hololive's.
A wild theory I haven't heard anyone say is Cover's new Dev_is branch. Technically it isn't under HololiveJP according to the org chart I've seen from A Chan's stream. It's a more idol/human model music focused group.. who says it's JP only? EN gen would be interesting, anyone know of some talents who might be interested 🤔
Every EN gen has a Korean. No JP gen has a Korean.

Dev_Is has a Korean.
You make it sound like Pomu is just some 2view weighing her options. The rules don't apply in this situation. Any EN corpo owner who isn't sliding into dokibird's (edit: Mint's) DMs with offers of big cuts, signing bonuses, and MV production budgets is a fool. If she signs, they can call up two or three other candidates who made it to the final round in a previous audition and throw together a new gen in a hurry, or just debut her solo because fuck it, she's Pomu.
I think the majority of EN corpo owners would be fools to try, because Selen & Pomu are too big for them. Phase and VShojo are the only EN corpos that are big and crucially, proven enough to be worthwhile for them.

And Vshojo is the one that collects former Nijis like they're Pokemon.

Honestly, while their CCV fits into Phase's higher end range, their reputation belies their relatively low numbers, and I'm not sure it'd even be a good idea for Phase to try and get them, as the culture clash between Phase's established fanbase and a flood of Nijis coming in could be problematic.

No such issue with VShojo, they're proven in this regard.
Just a random thought but kinda related to the current discussion about Hololive debut rate.

People need to be aware that the long gap between debuts doesn't only apply to EN.
EN - 23 months between Council and Advent
JP - 26 months since HoloX. If you want to count ReGLOSS as part of JP, then it's about 21 months between HoloX and them, which is still much longer than the gap between JP5 and HoloX.
ID - 22 months since ID3. Though we know that ID4 is definitely coming since they held a dedicated audition for them. (Hmm, next week seems to be good week, with no existing birthdays and anniversaries.)
With the way Holo is selling itself, it's honestly pushing its limits. Maybe it's already past them, even.

Virtual idols don't have anywhere near the graduation rate that real ones do. The agelimit doesn't apply. As a result, almost nobody graduates of their own volition. Yet, if the company doesn't debut new gens, it grows stale. If it does, it bloats, leading to space and time issues like we're already seeing with the setup for the upcoming Holofes. Like we've been seeing with the overbooked & understaffed 3D studio.

It's actually a pretty difficult situation to deal with. Personally, I lean towards Holo's model not being infinitely scalable and, in fact, being significantly less scalable than Niji.

Right now, they're dealing with this by waiting two years for a new gen. But even that doesn't seem to stop the bloat, only slow it down.

It'll be interesting to see how Cover deals with this long term. Dev_Is might actually be them trying to deal with it, now that I think about it.

frz

Not sure if fits, but I guessing that you referring to Mayuzumi Kai. He's (from what I know as a nijifag) one of the popular Niji dude that graduated in 2022. Most know him for being 'that one niji that is committed to his lore' and projected his face into Akihabara's building TV screen as some sort of his lore project.
Yep that's the dude, 260k peak viewer, noone in Hololive has managed to get this high yet. Closest was pekora 244k tournament in 2023 that streamchart decides it doesn't exist for some reason. (except for coco graduation 500k ofc)
If Hololive really gives 2 shit about already popular vtubers, they would have taken niji livers already. If you pass the audition, you pass the audtion. If you don't, you don't.
Btw Who was their biggest graduation that might be interested in idol shit? (p/s: shiori exists, hololive will take non-idols)
Gundou Mirei? Suzuhara Lulu? Any male for the low viewer holostars branch?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
If Hololive really gives 2 shit about already popular vtubers, they would have taken niji livers already. Who was their biggest graduation that might be interested in idol shit?
Gundou was very explicit on the matter. Does not want, is not interested, fuck off with the idol shit.

Pioneer

The Rratarded Alt

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Yep that's the dude, 260k peak viewer, noone in Hololive has managed to get this high yet. Closest was pekora 244k tournament in 2023 that streamchart decides it doesn't exist for some reason. (except for coco graduation 500k ofc)
If Hololive really gives 2 shit about already popular vtubers, they would have taken niji livers already. If you pass the audition, you pass the audtion. If you don't, you don't.
Btw Who was their biggest graduation that might be interested in idol shit? (p/s: shiori exists, hololive will take non-idols)
Mirei, as @Aquatic Novellite said, just say "fuck off" if you try to offer her a chance to be an idol.
Lulu is a possibility, considering that Misumi Yuka's now doing idol-like stuff post-graduation, but I don't think she's willing to go corpo now and is enjoying both as herself and as Watagashi Unou.

Male wise... Mayuzumi doesn't do idol (he never sings except one time on someone's apex stream as a joke), and I have no clue regarding Axia Krone who graduated because people keep babying him up. Maybe the male ex-ID like Taka Radjiman and Reza Avaluna might be possible if Holo has a plan for Holostars ID? But the possibilities is low (not impossible).

Might try Melissa Kinrenka, but considering how she want to do things on her own, she probably don't wanna be in another corpo even if the corpo would be willing to help her (and I have no clue about her PL even now, so no idea, really).

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
I aint no MMORPG man, but a Ami collab is a rare event, i bet Ami et. all can make it interesting. Choose your perspective, or watch them all if you have more eyes than me;

AMI

LUMI (Robot, not the Finnish one, nor the Lemon stealing whore one)

MECHE

Also;

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Male wise... Mayuzumi doesn't do idol (he never sings except one time on someone's apex stream as a joke), and I have no clue regarding Axia Krone who graduated because people keep babying him up. Maybe the male ex-ID like Taka Radjiman and Reza Avaluna might be possible if Holo has a plan for Holostars ID? But the possibilities is low (not impossible).

Might try Melissa Kinrenka, but considering how she want to do things on her own, she probably don't wanna be in another corpo even if the corpo would be willing to help her (and I have no clue about her PL even now, so no idea, really).
Last I heard of Axia he returned as a no-face streamer and has a gf already too,
not too sure about the prospect of Taka and Reza coming back as vtuber even if starsID becomes a thing because it looks like the two are pretty much done with serious vtubing and just mainly stream for fun nowadays. It also seems like a shared sentiment between most of the graduated ex-IDs besides those who were already doing pro work ie. Zea

Melissa has been fairly active on her old PL (as sugawara kei), releasing a decent # of singles and their first EPs last year. I think I recall them opening site membership recently too, just generally doing good on their own

Top Bottom