"Ooh fuck me up Motsar (Mozart)... I'm gonna drink the last bit of soup, ooh"Tenma Maemi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

UberSoldat

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'd wager it's because it seems like a simple concept on the surface; create a hundred or so funny looking monsters with special powers and make a game around capturing and training them, but in reality while Pokemon looks like a childrens game from the design aesthetic it has a lot of complicated math and strategy behind the scenes that contains an entire autistic competitive scene frothing at the mouth. I think a lot of possible competitors that try to step into Pokemon's shadow don't realize that if they want to really nail the delivery and become a rightful competitor to something like Pokemon they will have to nail the competitive metagame design from the outset, because the market simply won't tolerate a game needing 2-4 iterations to really hit it's stride to keep up with it's direct competition that is already established.

Let's be real as well, the competitive gameplay is what really matters as well. That's part of what gives Pokemon the staying power it has. Without that, a competitive title won't have the sticking power to really flourish and being able to hit that kind of a development requirement in an absolute vacuum from a fresh IP is what I would imagine to be a soulcrushing challenge. False starts that fall apart probably start to have that realization, or just the complexity of actually designing something like that, and fall apart because of it.
i mean maybe in direct competition but Cassette Beasts and now Palworld are proving Pokemon is not a monolith even shitty games like Temtem and the 100 million other clones that have died and been forgotten were successful for a time because people who like Pokemon are STARVED for alternatives (first person to say digimon loses their yubi's)

You are dead on about the math adding up if the core mechanics are not satisfying to memorize and learn no one will stick around so many games flop this either by making SE hits too weak (yes it feels bad to just auto lose a match up but thats what switching and teambuilding is for and given that 99% of your time is in battles making them fast and satisfying is a requisite) or go halves on the pokemon formula. Cutting out Move Typing Pokemon Typing STAB Abilities or some combination of the 4 which makes teambuilding really just "pick a top tier" even exclusions of important additional battle support like hazards weathers fields and other setup need equivalents or replacements (I can't help but notice in all the hacks ive played one of the most common additions is more terrain or overhauling it)

Competitive is a factor though i think the bigger "staying power" is TPC allowing pokemon showdown to exist without requiring a download or worrying about breeding perfect IV's.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Compilation video with Mel-chan by Kanauru

And something about one of the vtuber's roommates. She is really cute :sanasmile: :yagoodafuckisthis:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
image.png

Look I know British mine as well mean ESL and all, but it's YOZORA Mel. Jfc bossman.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
image.png

Look I know British mine as well mean ESL and all, but it's YOZORA Mel. Jfc bossman.
You expect too much from the_prostate

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
ebi currently playing through the latest AK event will a bunch of salt from her and me alike

give me the fucking goat

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Even though the Terraria stream isn't a real collab ( no shared voice chat), it is still pulling insane numbers of 45k+. I assume they may be waiting for Paloworld Holoserver to be set up before jumping over there.

Edit: Marine is wearing a wedding dress in game, wishful thinking ?

Edit Edit: Never said they did mention Palword, but once the Holoserver is set up there will be war crimes to commit there

Last edited:

PekoWick

Even though the Terraria stream isn't a real collab ( no shared voice chat), it is still pulling insane numbers of 45k+. I assume they may be waiting for Paloworld Holoserver to be set up before jumping over there.

Edit: Marine is wearing a wedding dress in game, wishful thinking ?
They never mentioned palworld though. They are just addicted in terraria.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Part 3/3 of Namie's DrawTube interview is up on Pixiv YouTube channel

Official pixiv YouTube channel uploaded an interview with Namie (Part 1/3). She talks about how he started drawing, education etc.

Part 2 of Namie interview is up on Pixiv YouTube channel

MyName

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Why is Calli like this...
image.png

Isa has Solitaire tonight. Which somehow ends up feeling like a breath of fresh air among all this Palworld spam.

One of my friends is a bit upsetti that IRyS said she can't stream for a bit due to work and stuff, but then goes and streams on JP multiple times.

Recently I stumbled on a 2view I've been enjoying.

Coincidentally her members are known as "inmates."

Meds posting: :medsmoremeds:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
image.png

"Mine as well mean ESL"?
Oi m8 u fuckken wot

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Super Meche playing Pokemon Blue

Lumia plays harp

60/100 currently, where is it all going?

Idk it's around 1.5-2kg meat. A direct route to intestinal problems. And her next visit to the toilet must have been unforgettable.:Vesper-UNHINGED:
Why is Calli like this...
image.png
She finally accepted her irl body. My body my rules:architect:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Bronze

Kiara is checking Palword, in a minute or two

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

soap suds

Sounds like that family member she was worried about last month is going in for something or is getting their results back. Hopefully everything goes well because I know how stressed it’s been making her.

The results aren't well. After the Lethal Company collab, she finally broke down and went into more detail about what's been going on and how she's been. Elira's dog, Cheese Cracker, has cancer and the vet says there's nothing they can do to help him. What makes this shit worse is that the reason she even got Cheese Cracker was to fill the hole her grandparents left behind when they died of cancer themselves. Her grandpa was the first to pass from cancer and then her grandma would go a few years later. She's never actually mentioned Cheese Cracker before, but that's mainly because she wanted at least one aspect of her life private and also there was no reason to bring him up. She never wanted to keep him a secret though. He's her old, little baby, and would've happily let us know about him earlier.

She was notified of Cheese Crackers' situation over the holidays and has been at her parents' house since then. She actually got the call the day of the collab that the other options the vet said before were off the table and that the only option was to let him go. Beforehand, she had hope because of chemotherapy and all that, but she was told that if he did chemo, then it would cause the infections in his tumor to spread quicker than the cancer. They also don't want to do surgery on him because he's so old. They're afraid that if they put him under then he may never wake up. So, the plan is to put him down sometime next week. She'll be going on break and wanted to tell us ahead of time so we don't worry. She also kept apologizing for the sporadic streams lately and how off she's been. She has no reason to apologize though since she's been going through hell.

It's been a rough few months for her, but she said other people know and have been there for her. Notably, she's been hanging out with the rest of EN more. She's very introverted and won't go out of her way to interact with others, but she's been hanging out in call more and the others have been there with her through most of this stuff. I'm glad she has support from her parents, friends outside of vtubing, and the rest of EN.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
God I miss that space aussie accent.

:painpeko:
Sigh, me too...

I think Kaela might just sit on her chair and play ARKemon until the end of time.

Top Bottom