"I have zero sympathy, I have absolutely no sympathy for women who don't know their place, you just make us all look stupid, thanks Sirens, we all look dumb now because of you!"Kaneko Lumi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Honestly thinking it might be an ilness or actual child... ...At that point she should just say something. I have a health condition and had to be in and out of treatment for it. People are way more accepting of that than just "see you guys on the next stream". And the next stream is 3 months later.
She did say it was a chronic illness the first time she went on hiatus. But after that she pretty much stopped giving any kind of updates on her status/plans/condition, and most people's goodwill for that kind of thing only goes so far....
That's whats interesting, because I feel you'd need a pretty strong reason to not mention it, enough to outweigh the pressure of the negative pr around not saying.

One reason I could see is that she doesn't want the streams to turn into a pity-party or dominated by talk of the illness. If it was something serious (like cancer), that'd probably happen, and maybe she doesn't want people knowing at all. If true, pretty sad.

Last edited:

Tubedude

That's whats interesting, because I feel you'd need a pretty strong reason to not mention it, enough to outweigh the pressure of the negative pr around her not saying.

One reason I could see is that she doesn't want the streams to turn into a pity-party or dominated by talk of the illness. If it was something serious (like cancer), that'd probably happen, and maybe she doesn't want people knowing at all. If true, pretty sad.
Gura has always seemed to be one to shy away from providing more personal info as far as I'm aware, so something like a kid definitely falls into that category, and serious illness is also in that category for some.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Loose lips sink ships.

Archive

Is this advice that actually needs to be given? I thought shit like this was obvious.
To drax lurker guy, yep.

Anyway, I actually saw this happening, but at the time I don't really think much of it before Saruei threw that post out. Basically, french woman noticed the work of one Sims_LT, a thailand twitter guy (a seafag, of course it has to be them...) who does those "art with 3D models of tactical and tactical waifus" thing, sometimes safe for work, sometimes ecchi/NSFW stuff

Assuming that my memory is correct, it started from this piece.

Saruei took a notice on it, and DM'd him, asking if he can talk regarding commission or something. Sims_LT, either having pretty poor sense of judgement or just having pretty big excitement inside his tactical jorts due to french woman noticing him, ended up posted the DM's as a tweet post. Tweet is deleted now, but thankfully someone managed to snag an archive
1704512039363.png

Guess at that point Saruei saw it or something, and went full french revolution angery on the twitter post. Sims_LT also knew about it, deleting the post and posting this after the fact.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Gura has always seemed to be one to shy away from providing more personal info as far as I'm aware, so something like a kid definitely falls into that category, and serious illness is also in that category for some.
It really wouldn't have taken much at all from her to keep a lot more folks on her side, though, without going into any significant details. For some reason she just can't/won't.

Stunned But Dumb

It really wouldn't have taken much at all from her to keep a lot more folks on her side, though, without going into any significant details. For some reason she just can't/won't.
I know she hates twitter (justified) but just a tweet every few days would've gone miles towards making people feel better about this situation. It could be nonsensical stuff. She could just do the rest of the alphabet once a week and thats half a year of "content."
She could just make YT community posts. All Vtweeter levels of work. I don't really mean to criticize as I sincerely hope whatever it is, kid or sickness, she's doing alright. However all this goes or ends, I want Gura to be happy and ok at the end, even if content creation is no longer possible/a passion for her.

niggaphil

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
I know she hates twitter (justified) but just a tweet every few days would've gone miles towards making people feel better about this situation. It could be nonsensical stuff. She could just do the rest of the alphabet once a week and thats half a year of "content."
She could just make YT community posts. All Vtweeter levels of work. I don't really mean to criticize as I sincerely hope whatever it is, kid or sickness, she's doing alright. However all this goes or ends, I want Gura to be happy and ok at the end, even if content creation is no longer possible/a passion for her.

I don't know if i agree, people would have just bitched about being the queen of the v-tweeters if that happened. Maybe if it was just a few weeks/months, like her the initial break from November to February, that would have done, but a year of that... better to just go silent, deal with whatever it is, and ignore the rest.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Airi collab with Sayu in about 15 minutes.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Moona's new song sounds very nice, I hope it isn't an Uno reverse link her last Indo song.

frz

I’ve been keeping up an okay amount so here’s my take.
I see both Elira and Finana content with streaming. I don’t think they’d leave unless something drastically happens that doesn’t benefit them.

Selen is definitely on the way to leave. Rosemi and Petra seem content with their streaming. I can see Petra only leave because she can’t juggle streaming and whatever her day job ends up being. She’s still only a student in Japan right now so we’ll see.

Given they all seem covers+streaming oriented and whatever cover they release is vocaloid related I don’t see them leaving. Perms for vocaloid covers doesn’t seem hard to get.

Vox I can see leaving if that vtuber+filmmaking part doesn’t work out. Ike is a maybe, dude seems a bit mentally fucked at times so he goes days without streaming. He might just end up being an occasional streamer. Shu, dude’s content with streaming whenever and he gets JP sponsorships. Luca is for sure never leaving until everyone leaves.

Theyre more stream oriented, with projects that fit within the Niji style. Also given that how Noctyx seem to be getting a bit more marketing now, I don’t think these guys are leaving anytime soon. Fulgur would only leave when his health goes to absolute shit.

Kyo could leave if he thinks vtubing isn’t good for him anymore or his health goes to shit. Ren maybe, depending on how he wants to go about his career when it comes to music and streaming. Maria also likes idol type shit, if she feels like Pomu and can’t do her idol dreams then she would leave. The rest I feel like are gonna stay.

Only person I see leaving is Ver, given he’s a law student, he’d leave if his streaming career gets in the way of his law career.

The most project oriented is Wilson, if he doesn’t get disheartened like Selen in hosting or planning big events then he should be fine. Vanta given that he was a 1-view? before Niji, I don’t think he’s leaving when he has the bigger audience. Zali being french, we’ll see if he’ll leave because of his french blood and rioting, for now he seems content. I think I saw someone online mention that during his PL it was getting hard for him to do stuff without some type of help in the background so maybe being in Niji is a good thing for him.

Only person I see leaving could be Kunai, given her PL viewership was a 3-view. If the added bonus of a corpo isn’t worth it for her she could leave. I think Victoria and Claude being 1-view and 2-view respectively makes the new bigger audience probably worth staying.
You see the problem with this write up is you could have literally said the same about NijiID before it exploded and pointing out most of NijiID wouldn't leave and that they are "content with streaming". If Riku looks at NijiEN at the end of 2024 and sees that it loses 50% of revenue and viewership, he can just press the nuke button, he did it before, the next 5 waves NijiEN put out in 2024 gonna need to have Advent level of success (in order to replace Selen & Pomu) to completely remove this from being a possibility.

Also meanwhile Dimitri/Shiori saw the Gyatt for nerizzler song becoming the new Advent anthem and decided to drop this to salvage the situation

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Kronii is not going to stream her POV for the mario kart tournament :depressedtako:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Gura's voice sounded a bit deeper. Maybe the testosterone shots are giving her bad side effects.
AI voice synthesis has improved a lot in the past year, but it still has a ways to go. I'm sure by 2025 it will be indistinguishable from the real Gura.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Comfiest bug streaming

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

hlwldlnf

You see the problem with this write up is you could have literally said the same about NijiID before it exploded and pointing out most of NijiID wouldn't leave and that they are "content with streaming". If Riku looks at NijiEN at the end of 2024 and sees that it loses 50% of revenue and viewership, he can just press the nuke button, he did it before, the next 5 waves NijiEN put out in 2024 gonna need to have Advent level of success (in order to replace Selen & Pomu) to completely remove this from being a possibility.
You're correct on that. I think I should amend my statement for people staying would be: given the current conditions they seem content enough to stay, the moment they all feel as though they are not getting the support they want they could all leave like Niji ID.

My thing about closing down the EN branch is whether they are willing to close down their now one and only overseas branch? Given that Cover is doing well with their overseas branches, as a competitor in the same industry is Anycolor willing to tarnish its reputation as "big vtuber company in Japan can't maintain anything overseas". To me that sounds like bad PR for a company that has public stocks. But hey, I'm just some fucking person working in a late capitalistic society, my thoughts on this could be completely wrong.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
You're correct on that. I think I should amend my statement for people staying would be: given the current conditions they seem content enough to stay, the moment they all feel as though they are not getting the support they want they could all leave like Niji ID.

My thing about closing down the EN branch is whether they are willing to close down their now one and only overseas branch? Given that Cover is doing well with their overseas branches, as a competitor in the same industry is Anycolor willing to tarnish its reputation as "big vtuber company in Japan can't maintain anything overseas". To me that sounds like bad PR for a company that has public stocks. But hey, I'm just some fucking person working in a late capitalistic society, my thoughts on this could be completely wrong.
No ,you are right
Starting KR and IN made Cover also try to launch themselves there but the moment both of these exploded they decided to back up (i am remembering it right, i wasnt really a Hololive fan back then)
Then they somehow lost ID to hololive despite Cover doing the bare minimun with HoloID3 sucess and some 3D debuts
I really dont know if Nijisanji can live with their main branch alone
Good Night Virtual Intelectuals :)

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
This just popped up in my recommended and it seemed topical to earlier discussion. At the end Ina asks Gura if she wants some beer, if Gura actually had a current/recent alcohol issue i don't think Ina would have said that.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Are we discussing rrats about Gura again?

I saw an old clip recently about how Marine thought about dating Shion before her manager told her that Shion is just flirty and likes messing with people. My rrat is that nobody warned Gura and she's not streaming because she's heartbroken.
Complete fanfiction, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom