"is angel piss or angel sweat 'holy water'?"Aia Amare

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Agreed, Brave may try the skinwalking stunt once again when they have enough momentum, that would certainly kill my interest in vtubing if it doesn't instantly fail and other corpos take note.
I mean, it's been tried thrice thus far, and it failed instantly every time.

I think the pattern has been established. It's too tempting for corpos not to try, but the consumer base won't have it. I imagine we will continue to have an incident every year or two.
Pretty much. Either they snap up a ton of resources to try to pad their portfolio, they fail at the business and fall apart, or even worse they manage to succeed in their amassing of resources and stabilize to begin forming a monopoly and everyone else suffers for it. Since if one entity controls all of something with no competition, why would they ever seek to actually improve for the better afterwards? They're the only source, either you buy their product or you get nothing and they can more or less set whatever price point or quality standard by then. We already have more than enough of a problem with consumer complacency and general consumer ignorance allowing companies in all kinds of sectors to get away with screwing over the public with cost-saving bullshit and this is when you have options to choose from. Imagine how bad it could get if you didn't?

I don't know how a monopolization in vtubing management/ownership would look, but I also don't want to find out, once some corporation has a majority control it's so difficult to backtrack. If they turn out to be a total shitshow, there's very little that can be done. Look at the heat that Nijisanji has been increasingly getting lately and they're still going. Pushback against Brave group once they've amassed all their purchases won't matter in that case unless they collapse under their own weight.
I wouldn't worry. Vtubing has a high cost of entry relative to flesh streaming, but a very low cost of entry relative to business. Vtubing being entertainment also makes it a highly elastic good. The consumer can just go "lolno".

Easy entry and high elasticity should make the establishment of an effective monopoly basically impossible.

Brave wants profit, obviously. It wants to be big. But it'll never be a monopolist.
Anyone here who actually from JP/can read JP tell me where brave group is bringing all this money from. They are throwing in insane money that is no where near recoupable in a foreseeable future, which here is the case?
1. Money laundering
2. Rich oil prince
3. Fund raising, basically selling bridges to investors like Uber does.
If it's no.3, there is indeed a huge chance of it all tumbling down.
It's Japan, so Yakuza involvement is a legitimate possibility.
Gonna feature the actual voices of rhe EN girls. This will be the closest thing chumbuds have gotten to a stream from Gura that didn't involve shilling in months.
lol
lmao

wrp

1703823540359.png
God I love Miia's chat

USS IOWA

Kiara finished her Advent calendar sockpuppet finale and it's happening in 10 minutes. She's been hyping it up in prechat for the last two hours so I expect some fun.

e: Also it's 5am in austria right now wtf

The moral of the story is that Capitalism works, Merry Belated Christmas everybody!

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

roktofferson

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Tara talks about how the Honeys were harassed for being Nina Fans being a big factor in her leaving Niji

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
IRyS just did an update for her Namirin Patreon post mid-IRyS stream lol...

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Mika's final moments

I only ever really watched one of her older ASMR videos and the more recent "ASMR" video. I recommend you download this while you can, it's quite.. something.

(54:12) Spoiler: That's not your ear she's digging through (make sure to keep going to 55:45)
(1:14:40) Not the usual kind of "mommy asmr"

Now that I've watched her a bit more I realise I missed something great. I'll look out for you on your next debut.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Genuinely annoyed. War in the Pocket is great and I was excited to see her reaction. Changing it 5 minutes before the stream starts is pretty WTF, too. Whatever this Drifters anime is, it looks painfully generic, too...
An isekai with historical figures made by Hellsing's author, i watched it when it launched at the time, nothing special just alright, if you liked Hellsing.

roktofferson

Tara talks about how the Honeys were harassed for being Nina Fans being a big factor is her leaving Niji

what was the hate on Nina about? I don't remember anything beyond people finding the "honeys" thing annoying.

Tubedude

what was the hate on Nina about? I don't remember anything beyond people finding the "honeys" thing annoying.
Initial impression could've been rough, plus there was the lingering shadow of all the political stuff from her pl, that could've led to some being wary of her, and that wariness from those people bleeding into the wider unknowing fanbase.

Edit:
She got some hate from Luxiem fans because she befriended them and organized their offcollabs and whatnot.
Even to this day Nina's comments section on that iketog site was used as a general discussion board for especially toxic NijiEN fans. I just looked and there are 350k comments there holy fuck what is this mental illness, that's more posts than this entire forum.
Oh right, the fujos. I always forget about the fucking fujos. Take how bad the unicorns can get about Hololive and Holostars possibly collabing and multiply it by a factor of 10 for the fucking fujos. Yeah she definitely would've gotten the brunt of the fujo hate since she interacted so much with the Niji-males.

This Melody?

Think he meant how a lot of camgirls just turn on a toy, press it to themselves, and sit there, doing nothing else. Melody at least does bare minimum chat interaction.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
She got some hate from Luxiem fans because she befriended them and organized their offcollabs and whatnot. In the grand scheme that was a far larger issue than PL stuff or her "honeys" first impression.

Even to this day Nina's comments section on that iketog site was used as a general discussion board for especially toxic NijiEN fans. I just looked and there are 350k comments there holy fuck what is this mental illness, that's more posts than this entire forum.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
An isekai with historical figures made by Hellsing's author, i watched it when it launched at the time, nothing special just alright, if you liked Hellsing.
I love Hellsing, I just hate feudal Japan as a setting. Mostly just annoyed she changed it last minute from a series I adore.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
As long as it's not just a bunch of e-thots fapping on stream (even Melody doesn't do this for her normal content)
This Melody?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
This Melody?

So do kids not know that phrase "I'm walking here" is from a movie about two gay guys

Midnight Cowboy hasn't been relevant since like 1980, was it referenced in Rick and Morty or somethin'

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So do kids not know that phrase "I'm walking here" is from a movie about two gay guys

Midnight Cowboy hasn't been relevant since like 1980, was it referenced in Rick and Morty or somethin'

This man with the deep lore about gay cowboy movies.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Tubedude

One of the more "recent" instances I can think of are some randoms in a Sovietwomble video doing the "I'm walking here" impression a few years(?) ago.

Another is Nagzz, where he's from New York, and apparently it's a somewhat common go to joke for a New York accent?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
The dirty desk, filth covered keyboard and headphones fixed with clear tape, top it off with the shitty perfume or booze bottle

Truly SEAYamanbas are not sending their best
unless i'm mistaken that's hand sanitizer. which is nearly in every canaidian home as of the pandemic and most of them before that.

Source:Am Canaidian.

Though I have to wonder when fixing broken shit to be usable longer was bad.

Keyboard is fucking disgraceful tho.
How much is that in real money?

Edit: Not only is it extremely dirty, but I think that's the free keyboard that came with my Mom's dell in the early 2000's
it's a common cheap keyboard brand I use something else now but I probably have like 5-6 broken ones from my years on this planet.
Who the hell did she piss off to be cursed like this?

Archive

Alot of posts about this but they don't take away your phone for a minor accident. Either she had a mental breakdown in which removing the ability to doom scroll is a good idea or she tried to bad end herself. It's a bit bleak that the best option is this is corpo speak for "stealth suspension"
I would groom pippa.

With a firehose.

Held my somebody else.

Directed via loudspeaker.
I thought you were British not German.
I am going to bed.

In other words, if Selen dies, it wasn't my fault.
go for it your bad luck does not seem to hit the same place twice.
Fly high, silly ghost! I hope she does the predicted thing because I would love to see how much she could do if she had the infrastructure, but if she doesn't go back to vtubing I hope Mika knows she's a funny and talented girl.

Only a little related, I know it is/was a thing to be like Kson fell off and her joining Vshojo was dumb, but it's really starting to come into it's own as more than a sum of its parts.
honestly it's talents were only hoding it back. Froot is the only tainted talent left there with big drama attached to her or rather big drama she will never live down anyway.

Nyanners was fine but her past is one she would never escaped and she could not decide between embracing and running from it.
Veibei was more or less the same on top of coming off like a huge bitch especially with the "editing job" and the "shylily is mimicking me" situations

so what im saying is fire froot.
See: Embracer Group when it comes to video games. I get the exact same vibes.

They bought out tons of studios and IPs to try and grow their brand and then completely floundered. Closed down most of the studios down not long after, laid off most of the staff at the remaining ones. I forget how many studios they had at their peak but they're down to 12 now.
Embracer Group bought out a shit ton of ip's and handed them out like candy they did not screw anyone over that was always the deal "make a sequel to this popular IP on contract and we might keep you around" and from what i can tell most of the "branches" that got cut were just absorbed into the main entity or one of the other branches The only questionable thing they have that i can spot is Owning Aspyr a shitty company that makes shitty ports of great games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom