"Somewhere in the world the 14 year old who made a Naruto vs Sasuke AMV backed by Linkin Park is married and happier than you"Dizzy Dokuro

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I'd actually argue that collabing frequently is super damaging to growth. They take your attention away from chat which means new faces coming in to say hello get ignored. Not to say you can't collab and talk to chat, but then that goes into the whole "collab etiquette" bullshit. Community engagement is crucial. Tons of replies to chat, games that let chat interact, or even submission oriented streams. Collabs can be good to introduce friends communities to your content, but I would never rely on it as a for sure way to get new members.

I appreciate you sharing your experience but it's just so different to mine. Before I started doing this news stuff and trying to drag on co-hosts and guests, I had effectively no chat to talk to in the first place. Now that I do though I think I do a fair enough job at integrating what they have to say into the conversation if it will contribute something. Now there's two factors at play here - switching away from gaming content, and simultaneously trying to have guests/co-hosts whenever possible - so it could be one of those factors or it could be the combination, but there's now something where previously there was nothing and I think I'd be a fool to go back to what wasn't working again.

That said, maybe if/when I can finally get a gaming PC, I'll try to add more game streams on top of the news/interview stuff. For now I actually don't mind too much no longer having to investigate new games for compatibility and buy them. I still do game streams now and then but now that they're not the main content and I don't expect them to be my main sources of CCV they feel less like an obligation if that makes sense.

Production also matters a lot too. Could add moments where you play someone's clips when they come on and kinda turn it into a whole ass show.

Yo. Yes, I should be asking the people I do the news show with to bring a 2-3 minute clip with them that I can play at the start of the show while I'm hyping them up. That's a great idea and I'm definitely going to steal it. Thank you.

I'm also just super insane and ambitious to a fault so I could keep rambling. If you ever want to talk more on this or whatever I'd love to help in any way I can. DMs are open !

Don't tempt me or I'll be sliding in there and asking if you want to laugh at the last week of vtuber news with me soon.

Add @wew, @Empraize and @somethingfarworseinthehorizon and its a collab more than half the forum will watch.

Did wew ever decloak? Even though this place is lousy with vtubers nowadays I still wouldn't blame some for still wanting to keep their active identities on the down-low.

TLDR: It's a satirical "agency" with members with names like Gyanna Ria (gonorrhea). A somewhat high-effort, multi-person shitpost.

Click expecting to see art and see Marina's NASTY ass model. thanks, bro. Appreciate it.

Hey! I censored it far more than most other media outlets!

101 dexerto marina tweet.jpeg

This is a 3d render yet it almost looks like the real thing. The light reflects off the acrylic edges in a realistic way. The variety of styles he can draw. The sheer number of tools he deploys. Scroll through his twitter on any given day I learn about one new technology. Also he's doing all this at 47 years old.

(male) :holohag: :hololove:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Muyu gushing about her old genmate now senpai

One of the nicest things about Phase bringing on so many former Tsunderia members is that they get to be together again under (hopefully) better conditions. I'm sure it was nice for Muyu to have so many familiar faces in Phase when she got brought on.

I genuinely would just like to vent for a minute. There are so many people in this community who will destroy your entire life because you don't want to fuck them. There are people who will slander your name, make shit up, and weaponize their audience and clout against you. There are so many people that will continue to affect your life and your friendships and your connections even years after you think everything is over. There are people who will laugh in your face when your family is getting death threats, and then tell the public you are lying about it. There are people who will blackmail, gaslight, and threaten others into slandering you to support their claims. And there are people who will never believe that it was a targeted attack on your character, and you will be blacklisted and outcast no matter what you do.
These kinds of people are lame, probably fat, and I would not have sex with them. If it's about Marina, then that's a disgusting, degenerate dude, so that goes triple for him.
:pippasquish:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I genuinely would just like to vent for a minute. There are so many people in this community who will destroy your entire life because you don't want to fuck them. There are people who will slander your name, make shit up, and weaponize their audience and clout against you. There are so many people that will continue to affect your life and your friendships and your connections even years after you think everything is over. There are people who will laugh in your face when your family is getting death threats, and then tell the public you are lying about it. There are people who will blackmail, gaslight, and threaten others into slandering you to support their claims. And there are people who will never believe that it was a targeted attack on your character, and you will be blacklisted and outcast no matter what you do.
And it's still only 1% of your fanbase. Vocal Idiots are LOUD and it's hard to tune them out but the knowledge they are the minority needs to be understood.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So I've not been watching them, but this clickbait thumbnail made me check it out:

Anyway, funny clip, and also, is it just me or does he sound far less gay now (and maybe black)? (probably still is, but his voice seems a lot lower and less lispy than debut)

Bronze

They just did a "debut" on twitch. Couldn't watch it myself but here it is

One of the nicest things about Phase bringing on so many former Tsunderia members is that they get to be together again under (hopefully) better conditions.
Which makes it shame that Meru doesn't seem to be joining. Oh well, As long as she's active somewhere they can meet again.

That's cute

VTuberThrow

Runie Christmas karaoke in 10 minutes. Should be pretty good, she's definitely a talented singer based on the music she's put out so far.

Wow. Was not expecting her karaoke to be that strong. Quality singing and inventive. The krampus intro, yandere Last Christmas, and even adlibbing during the downtime in the grinch song. Definitely subbing to at least catch her singing.

By Mikas own words, she currently has NO plans whatsoever. She plans to visit roomie for some time, maybe travel a bit and then take care of her multiple health issues. She obviously has seen speculation online and was more impressed by the plans people come up with, like "wait, i could actually do that" and was happy that everyone sees her as responsible enough to think that she actually has plans.

I doubt this would result in much of a shitstorm. Mika is still fairly small and it is not like niji is trying to keep any of their id livers.

Mika talked at length about why she is leaving in this stream (around 02:29:00). It is pretty long, but i will try my best to summarize it: She wants to be part of the big events, wants to have merch, meet and greets, all that fun stuff. But since the merge, all of that has become impossible for her. At the same time she has become close friends with multiple holo id and niji en. She sees them getting all this stuff, while she is stuck with no signs of anything ever moving. The charity stream was the last big thing she could achive in niji, everything beyond that is impossible. Not because it could not theoretically be organised, but because niji has decided that they wont do stuff for niji id anymore. She went from "waiting with excitement to just waiting to not hoping at all". Over time, this took a massive toll on her and has now reached the tipping point.

From what i can see, she still likes organising bigger things, for example she did multiple game show streams in the past weeks, but she just has 0 support when doing so.

As someone who considers Mika one of my oshis, FUCK YOU Nijisanji for treating her this way. The amount of potential they are wasting here is insane. I really hope that, if she returns to streaming, finds a good place to achieve her goals. As for the candidates:
Man, they really fucked ID over huh? Hopefully, assuming she wants to, Mika can get in to HoloID or maybe VShojo (not sure how she feels about the idol stuff for Holo) and get some real support put behind her, She definitely deserves it.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Welcome to the unicorn fags. Truly the lowest type of fan and while they are not that many they screech and bitch the loudest.

I appreciate you sharing your experience but it's just so different to mine. Before I started doing this news stuff and trying to drag on co-hosts and guests, I had effectively no chat to talk to in the first place. Now that I do though I think I do a fair enough job at integrating what they have to say into the conversation if it will contribute something. Now there's two factors at play here - switching away from gaming content, and simultaneously trying to have guests/co-hosts whenever possible - so it could be one of those factors or it could be the combination, but there's now something where previously there was nothing and I think I'd be a fool to go back to what wasn't working again.
She is mostly right but its all dependent on a few factors. If you are a literal nobody and you pop up in some way bigger streamer's stream and constantly do collabs with them and have good chemistry then you will probably attract a bunch of new eyes to you. Same goes if you collab with someone that has a completely different audience than you. You can gain a few of those. That said collabing doesnt always get you more views. Often people will focus on the people that has the bigger number.

For something like a talk show or an interview type channel then you have to rely on collabs to the point of you not getting much of an audience if you try to branch out and do solo content.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

It's an old-fashioned HoloEN X-Mas! Starring Amelia Watson as a tree!

Guest starring Gura as coal! Just kidding, she's busy that day

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Well, you know it is with these kinds of people

yea sorry, my backwards shithole still considers gender dysphoria a mental illness.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Welcome to the unicorn fags. Truly the lowest type of fan and while they are not that many they screech and bitch the loudest.
I think you're misinterpreting what she is saying here, unless all of those statements are disconnected. Unicorns have neither an audience, nor clout.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

We cant have anything fun anymore :ameraintear:

Archive

Last edited:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

We cant have anything fun anymore :ameraintear:

Artists are some of the most fragile people on the planet.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
More hololive appearance on gbfes stream now,
This time during their granblueTV segment with a bunch of seiyuus and the director/producer of the game
グランブルーファンタジー公式チャンネル - 【グラブルフェス2023】Day1生中継 [nfiRJuV9O6w - 853x480 - 7h25m46s].png

This dedicated granblue fan account is live-translating the segment if people like to tune in

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Are you saying Marina wanted to fuck you, and you declined. And that prompted him to make these tweets?

I love that the tweet with the screenshots is supposed to be defamatory, yet the only thoughts that come to my mind seeing them is "BASED" and "I hope she's ok, because she sounds like she's stressed out of their mind".

Only a terminally online twitter freak could take those screenshots as "proof" of their delusions. This person being Marina, the one that fucked over Twitch artists, just to get profit(nobody with 1 braincell would believe that she did it to experiment), and got away with it, makes the post extremely hypocrytica-I mean "funny".

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Artists are some of the most fragile people on the planet.
Remember 1 ai-generated pic= 1 artist dying of starvation

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
AHHHHHH! (positive)

AHHHHHH! (negative)

This is unfortunate and I don't like it having in-person sales only as a stipulation, but at the same time, I get why the derivative works rules include that. It creates a division between letting hobbyists from the community cover their costs and make a small profit vs. letting major businesses create products that compete with their official merch lines. They do have a specific distinction forbidding business operations involving their material iirc, but that's the kind of thing that could very easily snowball if they can easily take international orders.

I would love to see the contracts these people had the talents sign, because between this, the money auditing shit, and the contract allegedly being unenforceable, it feels like the company had no idea what they were actually getting out of the deal when they recruited talent and assumed they'd bought out the rights to everything the talent owns, rather than just setting up a standard work-for-hire contract.

I know I've been very critical of you before but I'm saying this in good faith, I would strongly recommend breaking your habit of public "venting". While I appreciate you've clarified this is about Marina, the vagueness in this post alone is ammunition people could use to spread false or exaggerated rrats that unjustly hurt you or others later, and it shows weakness which enables these kinds of terminally-online abusers as they see it as a "win".

I can certainly understand why you're upset about this stuff but I'd advise talking it out one-on-one with trusted friends rather than sharing a vulnerability in publicly-accessible forums, Discord servers, or """private""" Twitter accounts, where it can be taken and weaponised.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
While I appreciate you've clarified this is about Marina, the vagueness in this post alone is ammunition people could use to spread false or exaggerated rrats that unjustly hurt you or others later, and it shows weakness which enables these kinds of terminally-online abusers as they see it as a "win".
It's no longer vague. She confirmed it was about Marina with how she reacted to my post. The only question is if she has proof or not. I agree with the rest of your post though.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Short

God Damn the Sun
I know I've been very critical of you before but I'm saying this in good faith, I would strongly recommend breaking your habit of public "venting". While I appreciate you've clarified this is about Marina, the vagueness in this post alone is ammunition people could use to spread false or exaggerated rrats that unjustly hurt you or others later, and it shows weakness which enables these kinds of terminally-online abusers as they see it as a "win".

I can certainly understand why you're upset about this stuff but I'd advise talking it out one-on-one with trusted friends rather than sharing a vulnerability in publicly-accessible forums, Discord servers, or """private""" Twitter accounts, where it can be taken and weaponised.
She will never learn lol.
56836-2cb21fd5a93ca8580e1a5dfd66e6704a.jpg
lmao

UberSoldat

Well, that's just it. My Solid State Streams are getting like 20-30 CCV, not 3 (except the ones where I don't really have a guest or topic). That's still itty bitty numbers but it was the game streams where I got 3 CCV, if I was lucky - usually it was closer to zero. People are voting with their eyeballs and it's not necessarily what I wanted them to vote for but I still enjoy it and it feels better to have some growth rather than none so I'm letting myself be led in that direction. I believe it's the wrong path to take if I want a future with a corpo. But that was probably never in the cards anyway.
At the end of the day, it's your content, your channel. I will say, don't be pressured into steering into a certain direction. If you're doing these SS streams because of that, that's just asking for burnout at that stage, and the disinterest in your voice will very likely show on camera.

I started content creation because of wanting to get into a corpo as well, but now I just do it as a hobby, corpos be damned (I don't consider myself entertaining on camera anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom