"I can't return a baby like it's a peloton I didn't use for 2 months"Juniper Heartstrings

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
The rrats on /vt/ of an imminent collapse of vRev might have a ton of true to them. It seems to be a managerial based collapse much like what happened to Tsunderia from everything seen so far.
Phase continuing to be the only small corpo that isn't a complete disaster. You love to see it :smugpipi:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The whole Marina and now the whole Cyberlive cucked mod thing has made me realize how incestuous this whole Vtuber thing is. Seems like everyone that's in Vtubing knows everyone else in Vtubing. Either they have collabed, or are acquaintances of past lives or some shit. Shit's kinda weird but it makes sense now why such a large part of it also seems to be toxic as fuck. Its a big Highschool and the different cliques that sometimes overlap.

Pretty cool as a short recap of weekly events and schedules but honestly I like when they just have more people around to banter. Phase Weekly still feels a bit robotic to me.
I almost wish I could break containment because I saw a similar thing in another "entertainment?!?" thing I was apart of a few years back. Now I'm a tourist, an outsider but I end up either in the shit by accident or seeing it unfold. And it was a similar "everyone knows everyone" "bad actors that are untouchable" "people being targetted as marks" "to get anywhere you have to know someone". Now personal anecdote what was funny as in that one I was one of the youngest but when it comes to vtubing I am one of the oldest. Also there was a lot more money involved there if not on a smaller scale.

However what is cool is that vtubing is speedrunning that shit due to the proliferation of information. Its kind of amusing how people act and operate, its almost always the same from place to place. Even in a corpo environment, I've seen racists and pedos well protected because they were well liked. Some people become untouchable. Seeing that mirrored here is grimly amusing.

Phase continuing to be the only small corpo that isn't a complete disaster. You love to see it :smugpipi:
Don't jinx it, for every new Tsunderia member that is added the curse grows

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
The official Black Corpo Bingo card has arrived!
Try it on your favorite black vtuber corpo or any vtuber corpo to see if they get the Bingo!

The whole Marina and now the whole Cyberlive cucked mod thing has made me realize how incestuous this whole Vtuber thing is. Seems like everyone that's in Vtubing knows everyone else in Vtubing. Either they have collabed, or are acquaintances of past lives or some shit. Shit's kinda weird but it makes sense now why such a large part of it also seems to be toxic as fuck. Its a big Highschool and the different cliques that sometimes overlap.

I am pretty certain that Marina is a narcissistic, sex pest bully that is why most of his victims are afraid to come out because of his cliques. Now that he is on the defensive, this is the best time to lay out the receipts.

Seriously, Marina is a stupid bitch. Because of clout and a thousand CCVs he did that Twitch stream and is now suffering the consequences.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Its kind of amusing how people act and operate, its almost always the same from place to place.
In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
No matter how many times I read the correct lyrics and go back and listen to this, I CANNOT unhear, "Fall back, I'm pooping" (41:29)

It's supposed to be "fall back I'm too deep".

DanishCookies

Man it sucks that birb and muu's timeslot is a time I can't catch live... 😢

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
The 2nd Hoshimatic Project dance rehearsal stream is happening in about 3 hours. All 10 girls will be practicing together for the New Years Live.

Reminder there wasn't even supposed to be a 2nd stream but Suisei made it happen just by being Suisei.

Kalion

:)
Man it sucks that birb and muu's timeslot is a time I can't catch live... 😢
What is it with every vtuber wanting to stream at Noon/1PM PST (3/4PM EST)? Doesn't seem to matter where they're at in the world either.

DanishCookies

What is it with every vtuber wanting to stream at Noon/1PM PST (3/4PM EST)? Doesn't seem to matter where they're at in the world either.
I wonder if they picked the timeslot themselves or was given to them

Bronze

We've been seeing it with corpo debuts in the past year too, including Phase Gen 3 tonight. I can't think of the last time I've seen some random newcomer debut instead of a known vtuber reincarnating.
Its the nature of the job. Unless really talented, why would Phase scout a nobody instead of a phase friend, Purin, Kana etc when they are already up for it? Why would Idol, when it can just scout cyberlive talents? Experienced content creator is always a big plus, especially if they are referenced by your talents.
Still, i think there are many talents that are beginners, its just we dont discuss them while they are beginners, only if they find more success and/or reincarnate.

fortnitesmasherX

We've been seeing it with corpo debuts in the past year too, including Phase Gen 3 tonight. I can't think of the last time I've seen some random newcomer debut instead of a known vtuber reincarnating.
I think Holo does a good job of finding people who would be a good fit for being a vtuber when they previously weren't one. They got Magni, Calli, Kiara, Ame, Subaru (and probably more that I'm not thinking of right now).

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I think Holo does a good job of finding people who would be a good fit for being a vtuber when they previously weren't one. They got Magni, Calli, Kiara, Ame, Subaru (and probably more that I'm not thinking of right now).
Ame was a vtuber though (transition from fleshtubing), probably the most experience within her gen too.

fortnitesmasherX

Ame was a vtuber though (transition from fleshtubing), probably the most experience within her gen too.
Oh, I didn't know that. The only things I had seen of her were her facecam streams.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

frz

I almost wish I could break containment because I saw a similar thing in another "entertainment?!?" thing I was apart of a few years back. Now I'm a tourist, an outsider but I end up either in the shit by accident or seeing it unfold. And it was a similar "everyone knows everyone" "bad actors that are untouchable" "people being targetted as marks" "to get anywhere you have to know someone". Now personal anecdote what was funny as in that one I was one of the youngest but when it comes to vtubing I am one of the oldest. Also there was a lot more money involved there if not on a smaller scale.

However what is cool is that vtubing is speedrunning that shit due to the proliferation of information. Its kind of amusing how people act and operate, its almost always the same from place to place. Even in a corpo environment, I've seen racists and pedos well protected because they were well liked. Some people become untouchable. Seeing that mirrored here is grimly amusing.

Don't jinx it, for every new Tsunderia member that is added the curse grows
Rrat but I kinda think vtubing began that way in Japan, not like it's new or exclusive, we can track people having connections since like a decade ago (see kiara/fwmc), and I really doubt there are no bad actor in Japan and no name ever came out means they are well protected. (except one dude who went to jail?)
Yeah but not everyone is Holo.

Sidenote, the issues with small corpos are that they went in with an initial investment and expect returns right away and because the returns are tiny as fuck they pinch the talents budget/financial which causes dissent and they eventually leave. Indicating that they are made by people with 0 business experience, start-ups needs constant money pouring in while also reinvesting in themselves and you dont expect to make any money for at least 5 years (or even 10), Holo/Niji probs still reinvesting on themselves even. Dont think Vshojo is any profitable yet unless ironmouse willing to give them half her income. I dont know much about fish but Imma believe in his business background that he understand that.

Akioair is probs the best example of this with the CEO making alts and crying about how much they invested not knowing he needs way more than that for it to work and the money he put in were basically puddles. Unless anything else comes out with Vdere situation, this might be the same for them.

Because they pinchhitted they are less willing to take chances. Also having 0 knowledge of the streaming scene in general means they cant scout XD

Last edited:

Bronze

Shabel Tonya's 2nd anniversary concert happened. Its an hour long.

Here's a tweet for anyone not interested in her

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan
Last edited:

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
It looks like Globie is stealing adapting the idea of Phase Weekly and doing a show hosted by Miel the French bear covering things the streamers have been doing over the past week. I think that's a great idea.

I kind of wish more corpos did this. Makes it much easier to keep track of happenings when you can't catch every stream once you cross over following 10+ chuuba's.

Limkin

A large chunk of vtubers also transitioned from utaite and this is the group where people knew everyone in it, or at least were well aware of, for more than a decade. Including cross country contacts and if you dig hard enough you can almost always find two seemingly random people doing a cover together 15 years ago. It also leads to funny moments, like Reimu and Kotoka working in Niji for half a year together and being completely unaware of already knowing each other for years until they met irl.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I mean

Still extremely groomery ngl
stones glass houses.
Honestly she always seemed like the type to try that out. Guessing corpo didnt allow her to go coomer mode. Maybe she can join LewdFauna's group. Honestly she would kill it.

Also this:
View attachment 60122

At this point they are not even trying to hide it. If the company goes to shit why not just sell out the models for what they were worth as a quick way to atleast make back some money.
because corpos HATE the idea of someone succseeding at things that failed at.

if you want another example why games companies refuse to sell their IPs back to the original owners or even studios with proven track records.
almost like these people have been bag chasing for years just because vtubing is the new "thing" does not make any of them new and when your all trying to do the same "entertainment" job you tend to look at who else is doing it and talk to each other.

Your observation is essentially surprise that people that work in construction might talk to other construction workers.

Hell there was a post here somewhere a day or two ago basically about how they would host a yearly VRChat hang out with 90+ people which might seem small but thats almost 100 people yearly and they definitely talked to eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom