"When life gives you lemons, POISON THEM!"Takanashi Kiara

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
MaiR's 3D live stream to celebrate 160k subs at 8PM JST.

Shioriha Ruri the self proclaimed yuri pig entering the Blue Archive universe.

Problem Solver 68 in thumbnail, looks like she has good taste. Toaster of a PC though, the game looks extremely heavy.

Roberu, Hinano, and the stuck in wall tag.

Matsuri back in VCR GTA with the repenting idol hairstyle.

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Toaster of a PC though, the game looks extremely heavy.
If she's using emulator, then combined with the streaming stuff she run at the same time, then it's kinda expected to see the game chugging badly. I mean, I play it on emulator with this laptop and I had to close everything to let the RAM handle the emulator alone and it still lags bad.

But if it works for her, I guess she can handle it no problem.

Also I went to a convention last weekend so here's suisei in a box.
IMG_20231217_163857_1.jpg

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Actually a good move for them considering they debuted 7 VTubers right off the bat.

I kind of wish more corpos did this. Makes it much easier to keep track of happenings when you can't catch every stream once you cross over following 10+ chuuba's.

It turned out to be not quite the same as Phase Weekly since Miel just showed tweets by the talents and then went over their schedules - no clips. After giving it a bit of thought I realized it's a little unfair to expect it to be the same as Phase Weekly because PC has the benefit of being established enough that there's a small army of clippers doing the clipping work for them, and Dizzy just has to pick the ones she wants to show. Globie probably doesn't have any established clippers yet and probably doesn't have the budget to throw money at the problem so actually turning this into a clip show is not as easy for them, and I'm sure other microcorpos wanting to try this are going to face the same problem.

That being said I still think a weekly "catch up with all the talents" show in some form is a good idea and I'll keep tuning in to Globie's for now.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I think Holo does a good job of finding people who would be a good fit for being a vtuber when they previously weren't one. They got Magni, Calli, Kiara, Ame, Subaru (and probably more that I'm not thinking of right now).
Oga has no prior streaming experience (I believe he was the only one out of all starsJP because a lot of them came from trpg/utaite community), making games was his main stuff besides dabbling in voice dubbing for a few years. He mentioned that his genmates was the one who had to teach him obs basic and so on before their eventual debut, which is actually one of cover's smart hire since the dude is capable of making his own streaming assets and content creation

Not sure about the rest who haven't had their PL known yet though but I believe they also had prior streaming experience too at some point

Bronze

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Oh man. That mythos thingy is that much of a flop? I think people said hylo was part of this new group?

Archive

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Ina talking about the "Best Art Vtuber" win. She feels like she doesn't do much art streaming compared to the other candidates and she's more of a "vtuber who happens to do art" than an "art vtuber".

Yeah, but she's better at art than the other candidates. At least I assume she is, because I didn't know who the other candidates were.
The 2nd Hoshimatic Project dance rehearsal stream is happening in about 3 hours. All 10 girls will be practicing together for the New Years Live.

Reminder there wasn't even supposed to be a 2nd stream but Suisei made it happen just by being Suisei.

You can't stop Suisei when she's like this. You can either get on board, or get out of her way.
Also I went to a convention last weekend so here's suisei in a box.
IMG_20231217_163857_1.jpg
Did you bring a box just so you could ask cosplayers to sit in it? If so, that's even weirder than the gun thing. I approb.

Bronze

Oh man. That mythos thingy is that much of a flop? I think people said hylo was part of this new group?

Archive

She was believed to be Hades. For an already known talent, i would say its not looking that good (unless this is normal for Hylo idk). VOD views are around 1k-2k for normal streams(not the event and debut). The hype from the trailer seems to disappear really fast, for her at least. E: It might be typical impostor syndrome, as it's too early to say anything for her
Screenshot-2023-12-18-143855.jpg

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Dimitri Jap has been working for hololive EN for over a year.

For less than a handful of people that still remember, Yamato Phantasia will be getting a second story featuring Miko. [Archive]

The VTuber Awards did apologize for using AI art for Suisei. [Archive]

At first i tought that post was edited by /vt/:
"Please look forward to more content, and of course more CGDCT (we know its what everyone wants, so of course we'll give you more) "
But i went to Linkedin to check that is not
:deztheroom:
I understand everything now

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Surprised more people aren't talking about this because it has some interesting points. Openly acknowledging that they had been making bad decisions in the past, for one, is unexpected. Also, bringing up GCDCT in an official capacity.
At first i tought that post was edited by /vt/:
"Please look forward to more content, and of course more CGDCT (we know its what everyone wants, so of course we'll give you more) "
But i went to Linkedin to check that is not
:deztheroom:
I understand everything now
Call me crazy guys but i think Dimitri Jap is one of these /Vt/ Unicorns
He is even a SEAYamanba

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things (CGDCT) huh? I personally have no issue with that term (I used to enjoy CGDCT animes in the past), but that also happens to be the term die-hard unicorns use to support their arguments. I wonder if this implies that the management might try to interfere when it comes to interaction with the Stars.
Not sure about the rest who haven't had their PL known yet though but I believe they also had prior streaming experience too at some point
Well, there's the all elusive Anya which hasn't been doxxed yet. Her early streams were extremely scuffed with her using a low-end PC/laptop so she probably wasn't a streamer, her singing at the start wasn't exactly stellar so she probably wasn't an utaite, and she wasn't an artist either. Her talents were JP-fluency and having a sharp-tongue apparently? The longer time passes the more I'm curious about what she did before Hololive.

Edit:
If he were a Unicon, he wouldn't have hired 4 more m*les.
He's not responsible for Holostars. If you scroll through his posts/comments he never mentioned anything Holostars related. Also, I remember someone mentioning that the "gorimane" is now the director of StarsEN.

The Rratarded Alt

If he were a Unicon, he wouldn't have hired 4 more m*les.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
For the record, holostarsJP had different management from the main hololiveJP branch so I was under the assumption that was the same for the EN part as well (that means dimitri was not managing the starsEN branch unless stated otherwise)

Well, there's the all elusive Anya which hasn't been doxxed yet. Her early streams were extremely scuffed with her using a low-end PC/laptop so she probably wasn't a streamer, her singing at the start wasn't exactly stellar so she probably wasn't an utaite, and she wasn't an artist either. Her talents were JP-fluency and having a sharp-tongue apparently? The longer time passes the more I'm curious about what she did before Hololive.
With her extra scuffed debut and no trace of internet presence around before her holoID debut, I'm willing to believe cover somehow just managed to found her at some random street on indo and went "Hey, wanna be an idol"

The Rratarded Alt

Cute Girls Doing Cute Things (CGDCT) huh? I personally have no issue with that term (I used to enjoy CGDCT animes in the past), but that also happens to be the term die-hard unicorns use to support their arguments. I wonder if this implies that the management might try to interfere when it comes to interaction with the Stars.
That's the only issue I have with a statement like this. There is nothing inherently wrong with CGDCT, but it seems like an odd thing to say, given the circumstances around the use of that argument and an easy target for assholes to latch onto as a way to troll about interactions with Stars.

I have also lowkey had suspicions about management pushing for the EN girls to avoid the topic of males as much as possible since Magni and Vesper left. The reaons it felt that way might be a coincidence, but this statement doesn't really dispel that feeling.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Edit:

He's not responsible for Holostars. If you scroll through his posts/comments he never mentioned anything Holostars related. Also, I remember someone mentioning that the "gorimane" is now the director of StarsEN.
Yeah Jap literally its a:
1702901688730.png

But from that position he can push the Unicorn Dream further
Sorry if it sounds schizo but i dont trust someone who uses that term in this fandom

UberSoldat

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Did you bring a box just so you could ask cosplayers to sit in it? If so, that's even weirder than the gun thing. I approb.
Oh no, this is that cosplayer's own initiative. She was being photographed by these camera-wielding folks so I didn't try to bother them, but snapped photo of her like that for shits and giggles. (I ended up didn't take picture of any Suisei cosplayer in that two-day event beyond this one.)

Also it isn't actually a box, she's wearing those cardboard box around herself and pretending she's driving a car with it. Funny shit.

I haven't been able to give cosplayer guns mostly because of the current rule of no airsoft as prop for events till at least April 2024 (political year for ID, president election stuff), and I'm stuck with a dinkly tiny uzi prop that isn't airsoft and made out of foam I found a couple of months ago.

IMG_20231216_131050_1.jpg

Here's that Uzi I mentioned, being held by a Nene cosplayer I found on that event's 1st day.
I ended up just forgoing the "give cosplayer a gun" thing and just go with another in mind, "Ask vtuber cosplayers to do the :mikothumbsl: no matter if they're Holo or Niji or ID local vtuber"
IMG_20231217_172009_1.jpg

Like so.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
Honest question, what in the hell is Hajime playing?
This is a fucking fever dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom