"Thanks for not saying the gamer word in my chat. I know it took a lot of restraint"Mono Monet

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
She is made of love, only a monster would be mean to her.

Just to clarify some stuff:
He is from Ohio and is 6'5" tall;
He does not watch anime neither play games - his last console was his dad's NES;
I believe he is from ye old days of /wvt/, but before /trash/, knows a lot of indies from /asp/;
Was mainly an editor and shitpost clipper before streaming, he is the owner of Secret Cringe Account;
His oshi and the one who groomed him into streaming is Corgi Koragi, endearing dog, if you're into derranged cute woman she is a blast;
He hates vtubers corporations on the principle that they are made to fit a mold, and as someone who wants to push and to be pushed into innovation and creative works, it rubs him in the wrong way, but it is changing his ways after meeting Pippa and is looking forward to meet more corpo streamers.

I think that's it. I partially agree with him on the Akirose take because she is in Hololive: you already get a good base wage and a 50% cut, and you only get fired if you fuck up really badly or if you decide to leave, but if anyone is able to refresh my memory of any holo that was forced to graduate or straight up terminated without any yabs, hit me up I guess. Other than that, woman moment, she grew out of it (because numbers went up) and all ended well.

When I was into reading a lot of eroges it was always a blast to hear her happily sperging about Rance and other games, mainly because she didn't ignore the ero but also developed the discussion into the cool parts, not just the hot girls. Even if you're not able to read jp, MTL would be enough for her written column.
Thanks for sharing, sent to a friend that is a big fan and was in the dark.

I expected that back in the day, but not from a huge money machine like TwitchKR. Honest to God, I thought Mildom would go under before Twitch.
Good luck to them I guess, if Airi is living there, this is her chance to move out of the black company for good. :koronehappyl:
Things corpos have done:
>Created vtubing
>transitioned from videos to streams
>transitioned to using live2d
>expanded worldwide
>made vtubing mainstream in some aspects
>began making concerts and events
>made male vtubers sort-of viable

Things indies have done:
>Invented coomer shit
>transitioned to twitch
>made an award show?
>invented being a lazy asshole on twitter and never debuting

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
Things indies have done:
>Invented coomer shit
>transitioned to twitch
>made an award show?
you forgot "transitioned to female"

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

:kiarachefkiss: :guh:

Let's goooo.

TAKAMORI ORIGNAL SONG LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I HAVE BEEN WAITING
I HAVE WAITED 3 LONG YEARS ITS FINALLY HERE
THE TAKAMORI IS REEEEAAAALLL
:Calli-IT'SHAPPENING::kiarachefkiss::kiarahalloween:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
She is made of love, only a monster would be mean to her.

Just to clarify some stuff:
He is from Ohio and is 6'5" tall;
He does not watch anime neither play games - his last console was his dad's NES;
I believe he is from ye old days of /wvt/, but before /trash/, knows a lot of indies from /asp/;
Was mainly an editor and shitpost clipper before streaming, he is the owner of Secret Cringe Account;
His oshi and the one who groomed him into streaming is Corgi Koragi, endearing dog, if you're into derranged cute woman she is a blast;
He hates vtubers corporations on the principle that they are made to fit a mold, and as someone who wants to push and to be pushed into innovation and creative works, it rubs him in the wrong way, but it is changing his ways after meeting Pippa and is looking forward to meet more corpo streamers.

I think that's it. I partially agree with him on the Akirose take because she is in Hololive: you already get a good base wage and a 50% cut, and you only get fired if you fuck up really badly or if you decide to leave, but if anyone is able to refresh my memory of any holo that was forced to graduate or straight up terminated without any yabs, hit me up I guess. Other than that, woman moment, she grew out of it (because numbers went up) and all ended well.

When I was into reading a lot of eroges it was always a blast to hear her happily sperging about Rance and other games, mainly because she didn't ignore the ero but also developed the discussion into the cool parts, not just the hot girls. Even if you're not able to read jp, MTL would be enough for her written column.
Thanks for sharing, sent to a friend that is a big fan and was in the dark.

I expected that back in the day, but not from a huge money machine like TwitchKR. Honest to God, I thought Mildom would go under before Twitch.
Good luck to them I guess, if Airi is living there, this is her chance to move out of the black company for good. :koronehappyl:
He should watch more HoloStars if he thinks its so easy.
Encapsulating AkiRose entire career with just that moment is fucking stupid sorry.

thirteenorphans

Stories of various Hololive/Stars member struggling to make ends meet and doing stuff like living off beansprouts makes me think that whatever stipend or salary Cover pays was not enough to live off of. Indies judging corpo vtubers by their success now and dismissing them for having the audacity to be sad when their job is not going well because "2 views have it worse" is a dumb take. That's like telling people to stop complaining about food because there are kids starving in Africa.

As an indie, there is only small circle of people that might judge you for your numbers. As a corpo, you potentially have the entire viewer base of other talents and staff judging your numbers. So yes, corpo vtubers need to pay close attention to numbers because ultimately they are competing amongst their peers for things like project funding and studio rental etc, not Jane Vtuber who has been at 20 ccv for 3 years.

Last edited:

Anime Fan

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
New kronii schedule. collab with haachama eating spicy noodles.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Archive

Tangentially vtuber related: Twitch Korea is shutting down on Feb 27th. No more streaming from or watching streams on Twitch for South Korea.
Edit: A little more context: The South Korean Government and their ISP charge exorbitant "usage fees" for sites with heavy bandwidth. Twitch of course falls into that.
Edit edit: Twitch posted an English version of the article: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2023/12/05/an-update-on-twitch-in-korea/

Resident Korean Translator @BunhongTokki will be devastated by this! Pour one out for our homies in Korea.

Archive

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
hololive is really timid when it comes to graduation details and so are their ex-talents (probs signed NDAs) so I dont think you'll hear from them unless a big yabs happens, same as most other big corps really.

The ones the sus-o-meter are the stars and Magni/Vesper graduation (they all dont have a graduation stream), but nothing ever concrete comes out of them. So the stars are contributed to "making no money" and Vesper/Magni are autism/contracts failing through.
If I was a Holostar, looking right and seeing the girls get 90% of the instant recognition and then get shunned to the left, I would feel compelled to leave as well.
Let's be honest here, Stars are just there as a charity; Aruran, Roberu, Astel and Shien got lucky with the novelty of starting it out and being the ones getting good viral clips, even if they're amazingly entertaining. Oga doesn't count, he is a Fruitbat Factory dev and does it as a side thing basically (and to groom holos into voice-acting for Orange Juice).
It wasn't like that at the beginning for them, but proportionally felt the same: any Holo debuts at 100K, and while the boys share a bit of the spotlight, it doesn't feel the company itself match that.
Things corpos have done:
>Created vtubing
>transitioned from videos to streams
>transitioned to using live2d
>expanded worldwide
>made vtubing mainstream in some aspects
>began making concerts and events
>made male vtubers sort-of viable

Things indies have done:
>Invented coomer shit
>transitioned to twitch
>made an award show?
>invented being a lazy asshole on twitter and never debuting
Corpos popularized vtubing, and coomer shit was popularized by Holo ASMRs as well. The other points are right.
On the other hand, Twitch is a better platform for interactivity, what was idealized for TV for decades, and I will prefer that than being another drone in YouTube (I say that as I spent days watching Pikamee's and Korone's 16h+ streams).
V-tweeters shouldn't even be considered for this discussion, but I guess it's a hit, even allowed corpos like Sana and Gura to adapt to the game.
He should watch more HoloStars if he thinks its so easy.
Encapsulating AkiRose entire career with just that moment is fucking stupid sorry.
Stories of various Hololive/Stars member struggling to make ends meet and doing stuff like living off beansprouts makes me think that whatever stipend or salary Cover pays was not enough to live off of. Indies judging corpo vtubers by their success now and dismissing them for having the audacity to be sad when their job is not going well because "2 views have it worse" is a dumb take. That's like telling people to stop complaining about food because there are kids starving in Africa.

As an indie, there is only small circle of people that might judge you for your numbers. As a corpo, you potentially have the entire viewer base of other talents and staff judging your numbers. So yes, corpo vtubers need to pay close attention to numbers because ultimately they are competing amongst their peers for things like project funding and studio rental etc, not Jane Vtuber who has been at 20 ccv for 3 years.
That's why I only partially agree, but if she had a woman moment even after seeing Fubuki, Suisei and Sora breaking their backs in the same position, she should first consult and share with them or management, then suck it up and do better, not do a pity party during a stream.
I do not know her life situation then and now, and honestly I don't care, but the pioneer title never comes without struggles.
30:39 if it isn't timestamped correctly:

This part where she pauses her own emotions to activate the tears toggle specificly rubs me in the wrong way. Not that is either wrong, disrespectful or a sign of acting, we're all broken in some way, but it hints my schizo demons that she would sacrifice stuff for some numbers. It's my wrong opinion to hold I guess.

Panko Enjoyer

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Notes from Lia's 100k celebration stream:
  • Corroborated Pippa's story about the PC Gen 1 uprising that Sakana slapped down, and praised Muumi
  • Said she's proud to be a "daisenpai" to gens 2 and 3 but that she's not sure if she's good enough yet
  • She's looking forward to taking a trip to Japan in 2024 - her first since right before the shutdowns in 2020
  • She'll be taking a year off of college before graduating to focus on streaming
  • Content creation is stressful because she is constantly thinking of new stream ideas and there's no schedule to dictate the hours between work and non-work
  • She said she didn't take college too seriously when she started because she didn't think she would make it to graduation before kermit sudoku (naturally)
  • Announcements for the upcoming year: A new original song and a new outfit - no timeline on either yet
  • After she comes back from Japan there's going to be another project she's really excited about but can't tell us about yet
  • At one point her stream was suddenly interrupted for a few minutes because she had to take care of something but she wouldn't tell us what yet. She went right back to continuing what she was talking about so I don't think it was a management bonk. (Wild rrat: Her baby started crying so she had to give her a bottle and rock her back to sleep)

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

On the Twitch Korea stuff, it seems like Naver might have a competing product to Netflix coming and that's probably what's really going on. Twitch is likely just a side effect of the protectionist play. At some level, I don't fault Korea for what it's doing (Squid Game being on Netflix might truly have pissed off a lot of power players in Korea), but it's still quite annoying for everyone. AfeecaTV doesn't seem to be viable to go back to (and it's just as corrupt), so they'll likely migrate to YT and maybe even Kick.

As for what e-thots do, the thing with Twitch is you have to actually go to San Fran to sleep with staff. They aren't even in LA. In South Korea, the entire country is a fairly short train ride away, minus something like being in the forests, which is unlikely because of how much of the population lives in Seoul.

Jacks Wasted Life

No different than trying to be an actor, musician, or comedian. A fine hobby, but realize you will probably have a day job forever. Luck, or immense talent may take you places. Hell, you are better off as a vtuber, because you don't need an industry behind you, don't have to book gigs, and can get a small but loyal fan base, if you are entertaining.

I feel a bit bad for the big corpo hires who get 100K subs pre debut, imagine people liking your content before they've even seen it. Hollow win. I'm sure it's nice for the bank account, but if I was serious about being an entertainer, it would bum me out. I recall the Beatles lamenting that even if their music was garbage it would still sell.

That was my TED talk.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Yes, what is The most basic bitch opinion against vtuber corpos, Alex?

I mean, good on him for supposedly changing his views, but I can't help but roll my eyes when people ignorantly assume a corpo is there to stifle creativity and not allow boundaries to be pushed.

As for his tier list, I don't see a reason to take issue with differing opinions on things like this. However, for the fun of it, I'll say :pikafaku: for the following:
  • Botan and Miko on B tier. They deserve S.
  • Towa on C. She deserves S.
  • Flare, Anya, and Choco on D. They deserve higher.
Again, this was just some fun banter.
His S tier and Korone tier are great, though.

Also, Officer Nasa is cute:
Capture5.jpg

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Corpos popularized vtubing
Who created vtubing then? The annoying orange? Ami Yamato? Some other rando who did something ~similar~ and was then retroactively held up as a pioneer when they honestly contributed nothing?

I don't have anything against indies, I like a lot of indies and generally think the term "indie" is unhelpful because apart from meaning "not corpo" it doesn't MEAN anything, it really encompasses such a wide array of people that it completely pointless to use in argumentation.
I don't mean to come off as aggro, but this sentiment that vtuber agencies are "le evil" is retarded and claiming they don't do anything or push boundaries is misguided at best and revisionist at worst.

Last edited:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Negzana

Yes, what is The most basic bitch opinion on vtuber corpos, Alex?

I mean, good on him for supposedly changing his views, but I can't help but roll my eyes when people ignorantly assume a corpo is there to stifle creativity and not allow boundaries to be pushed.

As for his tier list, I don't see a reason to take issue with differing opinions on things like this. However, for the fun of it, I'll say :pikafaku: for the following:
  • Botan and Miko on B tier. They deserve S.
  • Towa on C. She deserves S.
  • Flare, Anya, and Choco on D. They deserve higher.
Again, this was just some fun banter.
His S tier and Korone tier are great, though.

Also, Officer Nasa is cute:
Capture5.jpg
TBH when it comes to Hololive they choose the best or most promising in the industry so none of them really can be D/F tier, at worst they are average or middle of the road to me. From the little I know my least favorite is most likely Matsuri but even there I don't feel she's ever done anything to warrant D/F tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom