"MILK DOESNT EXPIRE i drink milk past 1-2 weeks all the time!! im lactose intolerant though so it kinda hurts ;v;"Lia Rinkou

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Unbridled schizophrenia

Literally me frfr

Bronze

Archive

Tangentially vtuber related: Twitch Korea is shutting down on Feb 27th. No more streaming from or watching streams on Twitch for South Korea.
Edit: A little more context: The South Korean Government and their ISP charge exorbitant "usage fees" for sites with heavy bandwidth. Twitch of course falls into that.
Edit edit: Twitch posted an English version of the article: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2023/12/05/an-update-on-twitch-in-korea/

No Vshojo KR then i assume

Bug Eater

Tangentially vtuber related: Twitch Korea is shutting down on Feb 27th.
There's a pretty big vtuber agency over there called Isegye Idol, I guess they will all be moving their streaming activities to YT now. Outside of vtubing you have people like Faker so it's a big loss for Twitch, even if it wasn't cost-effective to keep the service running over there.

Slow on the draw because I've been distracted, but man why do the games I like have to all be played by retarded women? :depressedtako:
This is the dark side of the "aren't girls cutest when they are almost retarded" meme :gunpeko:

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Archive

Tangentially vtuber related: Twitch Korea is shutting down on Feb 27th. No more streaming from or watching streams on Twitch for South Korea.
Edit: A little more context: The South Korean Government and their ISP charge exorbitant "usage fees" for sites with heavy bandwidth. Twitch of course falls into that.
Edit edit: Twitch posted an English version of the article: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2023/12/05/an-update-on-twitch-in-korea/

Coomers in shambles.

On a serious note, afaik the KR VTuber scene is pretty big in Twitch. I guess this means they'll be forced to go to YouTube.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Archive

Better context: Twitch Korea was corrupt as fuck and mired in controversy. My guess is the changes over there prompted Twitch to just say "fuck it" and pull out entirely. Feel bad for the streamers there because a lot did really well with it. They can probably transition to Youtube, though. Or just stream by VPNing to Japan.

Lapu's joke nickname successfully trolled Twitch jannies.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Archive

Sucks for my girl Parkdona, but she's streamed on Youtube before, I'm sure she'll be ok.
1701827045209.jpeg
She sure makes me feel ok :shiinastare:

httn

Hag enthusiast

Archive

This is like 9/11 for coomers. I'm expecting a lot of good seethe from this news.

Guessing it's down to the same shit SK Telco pulled on netflix recently where they want to double dip and charge both their customers and twitch for the high bandwidth usage. Also doesn't help that twitch Korea has had numerous allegations of women streamers sleeping with staff in exchange for special treatment.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Less I have to use Twitch the better honestly.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Also doesn't help that twitch Korea has had numerous allegations of women streamers sleeping with staff in exchange for special treatment.
What make you believe Twitch NA doesnt do the same?

Negzana

Really proud that Lia reached 100k. It's such a shame she had a slow start due to the Ashelia era, but it's great that she found her stride

What make you believe Twitch NA doesnt do the same?
Because they're American "women"

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Archive

Seems a big deal. Korea always was an outsized market and their streaming community is older than most, and therefore a lot of Korean streamers went to Twitch after AfreecaTV fell behind the times. YT streaming in Korea doesn't compare at the moment. There's also a number of English-language Koreans who stream on Twitch who won't be able to go back to AfreecaTV and its pretty much YT or death for them.

In vtuber terms Isegye is possibly the 4th most popular agency brand in the world after Hololive, Nijisanji, and VSPO. Yes even exceeding Vshojo. They'll be a pretty big boon to YT streaming if they move there.

Twitch Korea was always a pain for Twitch, and also always famously corrupt. Big streamers could DM their partner manager and get their friends partnered, random bans for pissing off a staff member were far more common, rumors of streamers sleeping with Twitch KR managers, etc.

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Also doesn't help that twitch Korea has had numerous allegations of women streamers sleeping with staff in exchange for special treatment.

How is this different from normal twitch?

Slow on the draw because I've been distracted, but man why do the games I like have to all be played by retarded women? :depressedtako:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Seems a big deal. Korea always was an outsized market and their streaming community is older than most, and therefore a lot of Korean streamers went to Twitch after AfreecaTV fell behind the times. YT streaming in Korea doesn't compare at the moment. There's also a number of English-language Koreans who stream on Twitch who won't be able to go back to AfreecaTV and its pretty much YT or death for them.

In vtuber terms Isegye is possibly the 4th most popular agency brand in the world after Hololive, Nijisanji, and VSPO. Yes even exceeding Vshojo. They'll be a pretty big boon to YT streaming if they move there.

Twitch Korea was always a pain for Twitch, and also always famously corrupt. Big streamers could DM their partner manager and get their friends partnered, random bans were far more common, rumors of streamers sleeping with Twitch KR managers, etc.
I wonder if this entire deal could swing the korean market to youtube and then subsequently make holo seriously consider a korean branch in order to break into a weakened market.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

:kiarachefkiss: :guh:

Let's goooo.

Also is anyone reminded of the ol' Blue and Orange Battlefield promo arts?
apps.64861.69271430660548627.c90235de-725c-43d6-b777-19f7f75295cc.d39dba01-0270-4979-9e55-0b094c6c17b5

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Better context: Twitch Korea was corrupt as fuck and mired in controversy. My guess is the changes over there prompted Twitch to just say "fuck it" and pull out entirely. Feel bad for the streamers there because a lot did really well with it. They can probably transition to Youtube, though. Or just stream by VPNing to Japan.

Lapu's joke nickname successfully trolled Twitch jannies.

"Horn Brat"
:BijouBijou:
GN Everyone
I hope tomorrow its a better day :)

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Amitoxin is terminal. :depressedtako:

She is made of love, only a monster would be mean to her.
Made me interested and watched the guy. All in all, It's actually the opposite. The list seems alright and he actually sounded very knowledgable despite only consuming vtubers through youtube clips, I'd say he even knows more than I do simply because he knows about some of the stars and I dont. The N word thing was from chat. He later moved her down to B.

Final ranking:

Conclusion: Hates GFE content, doesn't like japanese music, and only rating highly the funny/innovative ones.

Streamer name: uwu_to_owo
- suisei bumped to B-tier because suipiss
- Ayama bumped to C because she hates koreans
- God: got him into the hole through the bandage video
- Fubuki: got him into muse dash, knows about chinese drama
- F tier: Can't stand Luna/Ollie/Kiara's voice, also knows about Orange woman moments, saw Aki's having an orange woman moment about her stream numbers which offended him as a 2-view streamer.
- Coco: doesnt actually like her, hated reddit meme review, bumped to B because acknowledging her influence
- Hated pink woman at first, but now loving her as the entire industry tries to copy each other and she stays alone as someone who doesn't give a shit.
- Edit: added due confusion, his A is good, B is mid-meh, C is shit, D is doesnt care about them, F is personal vendetta.
I don't disagree. But Uwu was like "You're in Hololive, shut up, into F-tier you go" to anyone doing that. Basically gay firing from the hip. I want to send the VOD to Pippa and have her tear him apart.:annoyedpippa:
Just to clarify some stuff:
He is from Ohio and is 6'5" tall;
He does not watch anime neither play games - his last console was his dad's NES;
I believe he is from ye old days of /wvt/, but before /trash/, knows a lot of indies from /asp/;
Was mainly an editor and shitpost clipper before streaming, he is the owner of Secret Cringe Account;
His oshi and the one who groomed him into streaming is Corgi Koragi, endearing dog, if you're into derranged cute woman she is a blast;
He hates vtubers corporations on the principle that they are made to fit a mold, and as someone who wants to push and to be pushed into innovation and creative works, it rubs him in the wrong way, but it is changing his ways after meeting Pippa and is looking forward to meet more corpo streamers.

I think that's it. I partially agree with him on the Akirose take because she is in Hololive: you already get a good base wage and a 50% cut, and you only get fired if you fuck up really badly or if you decide to leave, but if anyone is able to refresh my memory of any holo that was forced to graduate or straight up terminated without any yabs, hit me up I guess. Other than that, woman moment, she grew out of it (because numbers went up) and all ended well.

himari snip
himari snip2
When I was into reading a lot of eroges it was always a blast to hear her happily sperging about Rance and other games, mainly because she didn't ignore the ero but also developed the discussion into the cool parts, not just the hot girls. Even if you're not able to read jp, MTL would be enough for her written column.
Thanks for sharing, sent to a friend that is a big fan and was in the dark.

Archive

I expected that back in the day, but not from a huge money machine like TwitchKR. Honest to God, I thought Mildom would go under before Twitch.
Good luck to them I guess, if Airi is living there, this is her chance to move out of the black company for good. :koronehappyl:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Local hag breaking the trend and probably your neck

frz

I think that's it. I partially agree with him on the Akirose take because she is in Hololive: you already get a good base wage and a 50% cut, and you only get fired if you fuck up really badly or if you decide to leave, but if anyone is able to refresh my memory of any holo that was forced to graduate or straight up terminated without any yabs, hit me up I guess.
hololive is really timid when it comes to graduation details and so are their ex-talents (probs signed NDAs) so I dont think you'll hear from them unless a big yabs happens, same as most other big corps really.

The ones the sus-o-meter are the stars and Magni/Vesper graduation (they all dont have a graduation stream), but nothing ever concrete comes out of them. So the stars are contributed to "making no money" and Vesper/Magni are autism/contracts failing through.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom