"Alright, I'm going into the butt-hole."Noir Vesper

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Reject Niji, Return to Indie.
You're supposed to say that Fishman should help the girl who had to leave a corpo, no matter how nonsensical or impractical this would be.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

Looks like some people didn't memorize their multiplication tables while they were in school:inanerdy:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
The fuck!? Marimari's in a fucking CORPO!?!? :Juna-WHY:
No it's just a sponsored watchalong of the debuts. Idol did it before and Mari was one of the vtubers watching it, Kirsche was also another one sponsored.

roktofferson

I'll never not be fascinated that of all the small corpos that've come about, the ones to make it and thrive are Phase Connect and IDOL.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I don't understand Magic The Gathering, nor do I care to, but here's a Yugioh-themed card I made that briefly amused me:

1699076892058.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
>People playing MTG
>some monkey shows up with Yugioh cards
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
Mad that the superior game keeps showing up? :^)

God's Strongest Dragoon

Mad that the superior game keeps showing up? :^)
>upset about "power creep the card game"
I will say, it was enjoyable to play a Destiny Board deck and make shitters rage when they couldn't stop it.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'll never not be fascinated that of all the small corpos that've come about, the ones to make it and thrive are Phase Connect and IDOL.
Those two make the most sense for why they're succeeding as small corpos.

Sakana was running his own business helping other business startups and doing market research before getting into vtuber management. His only real weakness is managing women, but he's hired people to cover that.

Aviel was the most successful Israeli youtuber before deciding to get into talent management. Youtuber experience and Jewish gold is a pretty solid one-two combo.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Oh shit, Millie sent a Tweet on Lyrica.

Archive

Translation:motherfucker it's hot and smoky

Either she's barbequing something or she's back in the busy streets of manila

Either way I'm glad Lyrica revived even for a few minutes I love my retired mahou shoujo hag

roktofferson

Those two make the most sense for why they're succeeding as small corpos.

Sakana was running his own business helping other business startups and doing market research before getting into vtuber management. His only real weakness is managing women, but he's hired people to cover that.

Aviel was the most successful Israeli youtuber before deciding to get into talent management. Youtuber experience and Jewish gold is a pretty solid one-two combo.
yeah, sakana reacting to having a lot of trouble managing some of the talents by hiring someone to help rather than just firing them is a level of competence I only expected from Hololive's hiring/recruiting agents. mad respect for that.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Phase came about in early 2021 before literally every Discord mod and wannabe girlboss decided to start their own agency, and out of the small corpos that did exist at the time, they arguably had the strongest lineup of talents. Idol, while coming later, got their foot in the door with the HE girls and were able to have their teething problems in that smaller, more controlled environment, so by the time the first EN gen came about they could go all-in on marketing without the usual small-corpo mistakes eating into the spotlight.

The biggest factor that sets Phase and Idol apart from other no-name corpos, really, is that both corpos' CEOs have business experience and seem like they had at least a loose roadmap of how things should play out. The recent string of failed corpos don't have this; they're run by amateurs with no life experience or cash to invest, and often have major personality flaws that overshadow the business itself. They're doomed from conception.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Didn't see this mentioned here, apologies in advance if it was and I missed it:

So... He has a movie?! Was there word of this beforehand? Is this actually animated or some kinda VN style slideshow or what?

I fucking hate taglines that say nothing at fucking all and are just stuck on an image to sound deep. No :kotokayouretard: your 2 dollar fortune cookie bullshit doesn't sound cool.

06-04-2004

Reasonable men must do unreasonable things
Cringe concern-post inbound...

Nightmare sheep was supposed to cap off the week streaming a horror game, postponed past the schedule time due to chores, then posted about it being Oshi day and alluding to "..all the sweet sweet things sheeple send to me."

Were it another chuuba, nothing to note, but with Lisa... I dunno, always get the feeling that something is wrong.

It's probably just that I'm being way too parasocial, but for people like the sheep, you can't help but hope that things turn out right for 'em. I've dealt with similar personalities in the past, very much the kind that are outwardly polite and jovial, then one day you wake up and find out. And it's not that you can't spot signs, they're usually not subtle enough to fly over anyone perceptive enough. Sometimes life just ain't kind to the good ones.

It's strange, in a way, if I knew she would be happier moving on from VTubing, I'd prefer that to her feeling tethered out of guilt. There's too many people stuck in similar positions and at least for me I've enjoyed the entertainment, and it's better to end on a high note, happy and bittersweet then to go out loathing. I'm being hyperbolic, I know it's not like that, far as I tell she still enjoys streaming, but I just don't really know how to feel about it all.

Guess the message is that we all need some help and prayer sometimes. Some more then others unfortunately, goes for us all.

:depressedtako:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Mumei making bad decisions (probably should have gone for the nap strat instead):

And IRyS will be streaming her pov, so I guess I will try to pull a Moom and stay awake too:

Edit: Oof, Mumei not having a good time.
Screenshot_20231104-015851.png

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
View attachment 54263

I won't touch the actual effects or balance, but they haven't made cards with persistent pump effects like described since like 1999. However, there is at least one card I can think of that exists that has done it, which is enough to show it is possible within the rules.

Otherwise, it would typically use counters, as such:
"When Degenerate Lord, Reticule enters the battlefield, put a +1/+0 counter on each Mold creature.
Put three -0/-1 counters on Reticule: Create a Meatkin artifact token."

Things to note:
  • An "enter the battlefield" (ETB) effect only triggers once: literally when the creature enters play. Any creatures that would be affected by this that came in after this card was played would not gain its benefits because it was not in play when the triggered ability resolved.
  • The way it is written, any Mold-subtype creatures your opponents control would get the ETB pump effect, as well.

There is exactly one custom magic card site I found that doesn't require a login and it fucking sucks.
Autism time:
  • It's unclear whether you're intending the boost to Mold creatures to be permanent for those that exist when it ETB, permanent to all that are in play while Reticule is, or only until EOT. It should either be giving +1/+0 counters, a state-based effect (no ETB trigger), or "until EOT", respectively.
  • Is the -0/-3 permanent, or until EOT? If it's permanent, again, you should be using counters. You don't need the "0" if you're using counters, just have "Put a -0/-3 counter on Reticule:" as the cost.
  • You haven't defined what a Meatkin artifact token is. Is it a creature? If so, what's its P/T? Does it have any other abilities?
  • I get that you're calling Reticule a huge fatty (and also black), but a straight-up 20/20 with no hoops to jump through/preventions for graveyard shenanigans, in the color best suited to said shenanigans, is far too strong.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Proctor really needs to host the official TVA vtuber awards to get the voice of the people out there, also it would be pretty funny (or maybe I've just smoked too much crack today)
In the good old days, people would just troll the awards and botvote Pippa for everything.
Post your pick, TVA

BEST MUSIC VTUBER​

Shirogane Noel

BEST ART VTUBER​

Momosuzu Nene

BEST FPS VTUBER​

Pomu Rainpuff

BEST MINECRAFT VTUBER​

Calliope Mori

BEST ROLEPLAY/ASMR VTUBER​

Oozora Subaru

BEST JUST CHATTING / ZATSU VTUBER​

Artemis of the Blue

BEST TECH VTUBER​

Takanashi Kiara

FUNNIEST VTUBER​

MarinaVT

MOST CHAOTIC VTUBER​

Clio Aite

LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN​

Selen Tatsuki

HIDDEN GEM​

Usada Pekora

RISING STAR​

Amemiya Nazuna

MISS VTUBER​

Shizukou

BEST VTUBER ORG​

VTRainbow

RISING VTUBER ORG​

AkioAir

VTUBER CLIPPER​

Otakmori

VTUBER PARENT OF THE YEAR​

Nabi's family

MOST DEDICATED FANBASE​

Whoever @John Vtuber👁️ is oshiing at the moment

BEST PHILANTHROPIC EVENT​

Froot's famous tweet

BEST CONCERT EVENT​

Shiina's performance at that vtuber con thing

BEST STREAMED EVENT​

@The Nousagi's meltdown after people turned against him

STREAM GAME OF THE YEAR​

Apex

LEWDTUBER OF THE YEAR​

Sister Abigail

GAMER OF THE YEAR​

Choco Sensei

VTUBER OF THE YEAR​

Froot

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
First, all girls on the internet are old guys and this proves it

Actual video

Still, Sports Fest is here! T-minus 1 hour! 4am - EST 8am - GMT (Edit: Timezones are hard I got this wrong. It's one hour from now)
Miko main channel

Bae - Yellow

Ina - Red

Muimei - White

Schedule - https://schedule.hololive.tv/
There are more EN/ID perspectives

Info dump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom