"Women with over two ribbons on their body are 20,000,000% a 'Landmine-Girl'"Kiryu Coco

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Ensok

Early Adopter

She's really obsessed with this game. Came close to beating her record a couple of times that I saw but that 3,691 score has been there for a long time now.

Nenélove

God of Stereotypes
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The Twitch vs. Youtube debate is quite simple:

Twitch is for interactivity:
  • chat is basically an instant IRC chatbox (nothing is lost, in YT chat updates in blocks, and many times not in order);
  • the redeems allow chat to play around the stream itself;
  • less delay between transmission and client, making it more snappy;
  • you can raid other creators easily, sharing growth in an organic way.
YouTube is for utility:
  • VODs are archived automatically, forever;
  • much more stable viewer experience, moreso as of late with Twitch ongoing issues in the east coast (New England is getting borked constantly around 9PM);
  • while discoverability for livestreaming is horrendous, secondary content (Shorts) will hook people into your streams with enough views to push the algo;
  • bigger userbase, simple as that.
Personally, I'm all for Twitch. YouTube is for corpos where you can't get a joke in without paying for it, and unlimited karaoke archives as background music during gym. But I enjoy the back and forth banter borne from a responsive chat that gives you the tools to get an input on the program in two clicks - it was something dreamt for TV for decades, and only became real with the advent of livestreaming.

Parasi is playing DUSK. Get in, boomers, today we rejoice

The thing I hate the most about twitch is definitely the culture of it, twitch encourages this obnoxious zoomer-humor style culture that permeates everything and is fucking annoying and cringeworthy. I hate the cult of personality most streamers on twitch have despite being massive assholes and getting into petty retarded drama constantly.

Twitch chat is unquestionably hot garbage, but honestly so is youtube, the only difference is that on twitch the chat plays a much bigger role in the stream experience and the streamer spends a lot more time getting distracting dono notifications that spam sounds or TTS and responding to a bunch of the clique of regulars and mods and orbiters who constantly pop onto the stream and demand the streamer's attention. So the streamer spends half their time listening to chat's brainlet opinions on things and constant spam of attention whoring, on youtube the streamer usually reads a couple comments every once in a while so I find it much less intrusive.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The thing I hate the most about twitch is definitely the culture of it, twitch encourages this obnoxious zoomer-humor style culture that permeates everything and is fucking annoying and cringeworthy. I hate the cult of personality most streamers on twitch have despite being massive assholes and getting into petty retarded drama constantly.

Twitch chat is unquestionably hot garbage, but honestly so is youtube, the only difference is that on twitch the chat plays a much bigger role in the stream experience and the streamer spends a lot more time getting distracting dono notifications that spam sounds or TTS and responding to a bunch of the clique of regulars and mods and orbiters who constantly pop onto the stream and demand the streamer's attention. So the streamer spends half their time listening to chat's brainlet opinions on things and constant spam of attention whoring, on youtube the streamer usually reads a couple comments every once in a while so I find it much less intrusive.
My complaint with Twitch (besides this) is that it encourages low-effort content. If you got to do a huge number of hours and they all have to be on-screen and livestreaming, content eventually devolves into react content, chatting and playing video games, and there's no time to put in extra time to improve quality or come up with interesting stream ideas when hours are the only metric that matters.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
YouTube is definitely the better platform for a multitude of reasons, especially since at least half the time I watch vtuber related stuff, it's a vod, but I don't really mind Twitch too much. I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen an ad on Twitch, so that doesn't bother me. I can't really say the viewing experience for me has been any worse than YT most of the time. However, this is all coming from the isolated channels I do watch on Twitch and not giving a shit about the broader culture or functionality of Twitch because, let's be real, YT is shit in these aspects too. I stick to those who I know about on Twitch and don't venture outside of those.

I definitely prefer YT, but I'm not going to avoid watching vtubers that mostly stream on Twitch like Lumi, Miia, Grimmi, Marimari or Leaflit because of any dislike for the platform.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Caramel Idol had a leak and needs her pipes and drywall fixed

Ayla playing an RPG maker game

Typical Shiorin experience

Kalion

:)
The one thing YouTube is really falling behind is on moderation features. You can't even adjust blocked terms or what gets held for review.
I watched a conversation about ice cream where people saying vanilla or strawberry's chats were fine but any instance of "chocolate" was held for review.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
People actually say that discoverability is better on Twitch? I've followed a few 3-view streamers that have been in the Twitch game for almost a decade now and they hold the opinion that Twitch has shit discoverability.

If you stream for long hours in a category that isn't ridiculously bloated Twitch can possibly be good for discoverability, but as soon as you aren't live, no one will know you exist. Youtube's issue is that it's just extremely bloated in general, but at least shorter stream vods can still hit someone's feed through the algo, instead of just showing people currently live.
They are not entirely wrong. Twitch WEIGHTS it's algorithm not just for streaming in uppopular categories but for things like "newness" are a bunch of other unknown factors this means some people get screwed for no fault of their own.

This also means enough of them benefit to perpetuate the lie.

If I had to guess Account Creation Time What you tag the stream as (I suspect hot tub and just chatting actually pushes videos to the front though i have no proof) Watchers Present and All Time Highest Viewer count all factor into this weighting process.

In favor of people who already have bigger audiences and are fine with flashing their tits (it get's views so it's fine) .

The other thing worth mentioning is Twitch does do those stupid fucking twitch marathon things which despite all the fuckery surrounding them does mitigate their relatively shit algorithm .

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

While you're right in regard of being a different culture, you're wrong on the experience. Zoomer-humor is kept by 4views where you can't set a word in or uncreative fucks, so the spam emote takes place. Regarding the "clique of regulars", this is where the culture shifts: Twitch feels like a bar where there's a stand-up comedian, or a clown if you so desire, telling his tales, while reacting to your reactions and inputs; in YouTube it feels more distant, like an actual TV show. Both accept the interaction, but they're vastly different.
Attention whoring happens in both platforms honestly, and both are for the ones that can pay for it. In the end, regarding the assholes, dramafags, react-andys and closed communities, I'd recommend digging more. There is a lot of trash, as you say, a lot of troons powertripping on their "rights by birth" and diverse mental illnesses, but any space has it rotten corners.

To give you an example, last Moriko's stream a random came in trauma-dumping with TTS about how "his loneliness is rough but her streams makes him smile", and she dropped a "you don't need me you need a paternal figure", instantly everyone laughs, and the random laughs too dropping more to mention "myself and dad are going through a divorce, so I'm covered on that side" and everything went on.
I never, ever saw that free violence taken in stride in favor of everyone having a good time on YT, because it is a way more sanitized platform with suffocating monetization rules.

Do as @Takodachi, find the perfect 1view/2view for you to groom, see if you fit with them and their community, and just enjoy your time. If you want heavily produced content there's options there too, but you'll always exchange something for that.
My complaint with Twitch (besides this) is that it encourages low-effort content. If you got to do a huge number of hours and they all have to be on-screen and livestreaming, content eventually devolves into react content, chatting and playing video games, and there's no time to put in extra time to improve quality or come up with interesting stream ideas when hours are the only metric that matters.
That's on the creator, honestly. YouTube requires insane views/hours watched too to reach monetization, Twitch requires the viewer to stay for the ads, to each their own. I will agree that Only Sleeping category is a tumor that only wastes bandwidth in favor of absolutely nothing and should be explicitly prohibited. You should check Uwu_to_owO for creative streams if you didn't yet, and if you don't watch males there's some hardware/gun girls around.

Edit: while I was writting this dossie, Ninoegyn and Beri started collabing, they're two rotten fucks, have fun

Last edited:

Nenélove

God of Stereotypes
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
While you're right in regard of being a different culture, you're wrong on the experience. Zoomer-humor is kept by 4views where you can't set a word in or uncreative fucks, so the spam emote takes place. Regarding the "clique of regulars", this is where the culture shifts: Twitch feels like a bar where there's a stand-up comedian, or a clown if you so desire, telling his tales, while reacting to your reactions and inputs; in YouTube it feels more distant, like an actual TV show. Both accept the interaction, but they're vastly different.
Attention whoring happens in both platforms honestly, and both are for the ones that can pay for it. In the end, regarding the assholes, dramafags, react-andys and closed communities, I'd recommend digging more. There is a lot of trash, as you say, a lot of troons powertripping on their "rights by birth" and diverse mental illnesses, but any space has it rotten corners.

To give you an example, last Moriko's stream a random came in trauma-dumping with TTS about how "his loneliness is rough but her streams makes him smile", and she dropped a "you don't need me you need a paternal figure", instantly everyone laughs, and the random laughs too dropping more to mention "myself and dad are going through a divorce, so I'm covered on that side" and everything went on.
I never, ever saw that free violence taken in stride in favor of everyone having a good time on YT, because it is a way more sanitized platform with suffocating monetization rules.

Do as @Takodachi, find the perfect 1view/2view for you to groom, see if you fit with them and their community, and just enjoy your time. If you want heavily produced content there's options there too, but you'll always exchange something for that.

That's on the creator, honestly. YouTube requires insane views/hours watched too to reach monetization, Twitch requires the viewer to stay for the ads, to each their own. I will agree that Only Sleeping category is a tumor that only wastes bandwidth in favor of absolutely nothing and should be explicitly prohibited. You should check Uwu_to_owO for creative streams if you didn't yet, and if you don't watch males there's some hardware/gun girls around.
I'm not really a bargain bin digger like tako or some others here, I'm just talking from my experience with the few twitch streams I have watched live, it's obvious that tiny nobodies won't have the sort of shitfest that big streamers have, but that applies to both youtube and twitch so it was irrelevant to my point.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Limkin

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
I'll bet 100 bucks Airi is in the Atlanta metro and works for LG.
Lemme use my autism and possibly PL for a bit, cause there are a couple of possibilities.

LG is joint-venturing with Hyundai to build a 300,000-battery per year plant in Georgia just outside of Savannah.

These modern plants have tons of automation that is highly dependent on the plant IT system to work, and if the theory that Airi works as a database admin is true, she was probably brought in to consult on hires for plant-level IT personnel.

Parts of Savannah can be kinda sketchy, though Bryan County is mostly rural - Mr. Slippery Holster is just as likely a lily-white good ol' boy as he is an "urban youth", cause if there's one thing I know about the rural South it's that everyone keeps a Glock in their pickup truck.

However, this is not the only possibility, since there are other Korean-owned factories in the Eastern Time Zone of the US. Samsung is also building a battery plant in Kokomo, Indiana, and one in Michigan, which are both in EST.

And this is assuming that Airi is even working on the battery manufacturing side of one of these Korean companies. Samsung has an appliance manufacturing plant in Newberry County, South Carolina, which is a fairly sketchy area as it's on the outskirts of Columbia, SC. She could also be working for Kia - they operate a plant southwest of Atlanta, just inside Eastern Time as it's across the border from Alabama.

We just need to ask her opinion on washing machines and fridges, that'll be our clue :smugpipi:

Clip tax: Not-Nina calls Not-Mysta "Mysta"

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

:koboharam::koboharam::koboharam::koboharam:
Ayame Ina

You guys are right
In Japan Karen is like the second coming of Jesus Christ
I dont understand why the song is in English tho

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Tubedude

You guys are right
In Japan Karen is like the second coming of Jesus Christ
I dont understand why the song is in English tho
I assume it's like those clothes sold in Japan that have random english words/phrases on them, that are semi-popular for some reason. Better than the western version of the 'foreign language cool' which is getting hiragana tattoos, trying to say something profound, but being unintelligible bullshit.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Lemme use my autism and possibly PL for a bit, cause there are a couple of possibilities.

LG is joint-venturing with Hyundai to build a 300,000-battery per year plant in Georgia just outside of Savannah.

These modern plants have tons of automation that is highly dependent on the plant IT system to work, and if the theory that Airi works as a database admin is true, she was probably brought in to consult on hires for plant-level IT personnel.

Parts of Savannah can be kinda sketchy, though Bryan County is mostly rural - Mr. Slippery Holster is just as likely a lily-white good ol' boy as he is an "urban youth", cause if there's one thing I know about the rural South it's that everyone keeps a Glock in their pickup truck.

However, this is not the only possibility, since there are other Korean-owned factories in the Eastern Time Zone of the US. Samsung is also building a battery plant in Kokomo, Indiana, and one in Michigan, which are both in EST.

And this is assuming that Airi is even working on the battery manufacturing side of one of these Korean companies. Samsung has an appliance manufacturing plant in Newberry County, South Carolina, which is a fairly sketchy area as it's on the outskirts of Columbia, SC. She could also be working for Kia - they operate a plant southwest of Atlanta, just inside Eastern Time as it's across the border from Alabama.

We just need to ask her opinion on washing machines and fridges, that'll be our clue :smugpipi:

Clip tax: Not-Nina calls Not-Mysta "Mysta"

There was talk that Airi was close enough to Pippa they could consider an offcollab if they had the time and were daring enough. So I assume the Samsung plant would be closer than the other two options.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Has anyone offcollab'd with Pippa so far? Like within PC.

Top Bottom