"I call upon thee Purple Psychic Ice Fire Dragon!!!"Chikafuji Lisa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
everyone says otherwise for some reason, but discoverability on twitch is better for beginning streamers because it is platform that is purely about streamers and you can easily browse a category/game to see everybody currently on (idk if kirsche gives a fuck about this though)
i agree the vod system and being unable to view/share/link a specific stream is completely retarded
Kirsche is not a smart woman, and this is putting it lightly. The way she does streams aligns really well with what twitch is good for. Therefore she thinks twitch is good and YT is not. Completely ignoring the elephant in the room, that this people are viewers, not streamers, and for a viewer who doesn't want to engage with a chat there is literally zero things that makes twitch better.

Have fun streaming for 12 hours a day as a beginner to even appear on a list for someone occasionally. Totally great experience for someone who is starting out.
Not that it matters in the slightest, anymore. Anyone who can should be streaming on both at the same time, from now on.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Yes and no. There's much more chance of someone stumbling into your stream, because streams are hard as shit to find on YT because it prioritizes videos, but on youtube people can find your VODs, watch them, sub and then show up for your actual streams.
Which is funny because Twitch has the exact opposite problem. If you're not live, you essentially don't exist as far as their algorithm is concerned.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The "discoverability on twitch" fallacy is just gonna get repeated until the end isn't it? I have to read it weekly, whilst also checking up on a handful of permanent 1-view/2-views for the last half year.
e: I still love Kirschey's videos and long for the day she streams someplace else.

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
I assume Tiny got the list from some KFP autists that keep track of that shit, or at least I hope so. The list is pretty disingenuous, considering for a lot of those people it was more like "you should come to Austria to visit" "yeah maybe one day" than anything else. Mumei was really the only one I remember that was supposed to actually happen, and like you said, she got sick. Even Kiara said it was a maybe for Ame, at best.

Frankly, a lot of it is Kiara opening her mouth way too soon. The EN girls are one thing, but the JP girls are generally busier, and they especially were busier than EN in 2022.
Yeah, I didn't expect that list to create actual discussion lol
I don't really watch her, but according to the KFPs, her initial announcement made it seemed like it was definitely happening, she mentioned how Ame was serious on visiting her, apparently to pass her some work related equipment (probably 3D stuff) plus helping her on setting it up. And for the few months after the announcement, she constantly talks about the visit and what they could do together while Ame is there.
Yeah, that is exactly right. Ame was supposed to come visit her to set up a 3D room in Kiaras apartment with her so she can record for her 3D Birthday. It seemed pretty determined as well, Ame was talking about getting her passport renewed in time and so on. But it never quite happened and Kiara had to fly last minute to the States to get the recording done (and thats how the 1st full Myth collab happened)
But not all of them were entirely empty promises made during birthday call-ins (aka. "we should totally collab more"). Some of the JP mems have done more and asked her about dates and such and where in Europe to visit. Its believed to have been Korone, Marine and Nene at some point who all made a bit more earnest efforts to get to her but for one reason or another it never really happened.
Reine was also supposed to visit Kiara last winter, but that fell through because of 1) Reine having Visa issues (probably applied too late) and 2) Kiara getting very busy with Myth 3D debut. So the time window for a potential trip was very small anyways. Kiara very specifically wants Reine to come over in Winter so that they can go on Christmas Markets and the Ice Rink together and to she the Indonesian woman snow.

even worse since rin already has a bunch of health problems shes had since birth

man :depressedtako:
Workaholic with a frail body sure is a dangerous and rare combination
I like Eira, but this really screams "MY JOB PROSPECTS ARE NULL".
She's just like me frfr

tax:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Im glad i only use twitch to search for people i found elsewhere because navigating their algo seems to only give me troons and degenerates

Tubedude

People actually say that discoverability is better on Twitch? I've followed a few 3-view streamers that have been in the Twitch game for almost a decade now and they hold the opinion that Twitch has shit discoverability.

If you stream for long hours in a category that isn't ridiculously bloated Twitch can possibly be good for discoverability, but as soon as you aren't live, no one will know you exist. Youtube's issue is that it's just extremely bloated in general, but at least shorter stream vods can still hit someone's feed through the algo, instead of just showing people currently live.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozumi Pichi is collabing with Airi on her channel, go check it out! :sanasmile:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
People actually say that discoverability is better on Twitch? I've followed a few 3-view streamers that have been in the Twitch game for almost a decade now and they hold the opinion that Twitch has shit discoverability.

If you stream for long hours in a category that isn't ridiculously bloated Twitch can possibly be good for discoverability, but as soon as you aren't live, no one will know you exist. Youtube's issue is that it's just extremely bloated in general, but at least shorter stream vods can still hit someone's feed through the algo, instead of just showing people currently live.
I have said this before, but you cannot just hit "Go Live" on any platform and expect to grow. That does not happen except in very fringe cases, nowadays, doesn't matter where you are streaming. You have to do more than that to promote yourself, whether it is make shorts, long Youtube videos, post shit on Twitter, shill yourself on Reddit, go to convention, try to make connections with other streamers, pay for ads, etc. It doesn't matter if Youtube's system is better or if Twitch's is because they are both ass for discoverability. You won't get anywhere by JUST streaming, unless you want to be a 2 or 3 view (if you are lucky) forever.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha will play a platformer game based on the Elvira film

Stunned But Dumb

httn

Hag enthusiast
Amiya Aranha will play a platformer game based on the Elvira film

2 for 2 on goth girl outfits this week. I love october.
Screenshot 2023-10-24.png

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
everyone says otherwise for some reason, but i think discoverability on twitch is better for beginning streamers because it is platform that is purely about streamers and you can easily browse a category/game to see everybody currently on (idk if kirsche gives a fuck about this though)
i agree the vod system and being unable to view/share/link a specific stream is completely retarded
My impression of Twitch is that people sort by the game they want to watch, and anyone not on the top half of the first page almost doesn't matter and does not exist. I'm looking at the new Spider Man 2 game.. there are people with 8 and 10 live viewers on the second and third line already. Seems top heavy af

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
🐺 Time
Airi Sings a song that reminds me of a pretty good bottle movie

God's Strongest Dragoon

I like Eira, but this really screams "MY JOB PROSPECTS ARE NULL".
Hey man, barista is a job.
Vtuber forum btw
Aren't you excited for when this all gets worse within a year due to the election?
You vastily underestimate how easy it is to make money off whales with a huge pre-established IP like Hololive.
Exactly, that's how Ubisoft and Blizzard have been surviving for nearly a decade.

You guys can keep saying that, but for me Youtube actually works. So no, if me actually getting to watch shit makes me a low iq sportsmonkey. Well, thems the apples

There are only two ways that Youtube streaming (as far as I can tell) is worse than Twitch
1) Live DMCA so you have a hard time doing 'react' content
2) The chat system, and the moderation of the chat, sucks massively compared to Twitch.

Other than that, Youtube is just the purely superior platform.
people are viewers, not streamers, and for a viewer who doesn't want to engage with a chat there is literally zero things that makes twitch better.
Limkin pretty much sums it up but even for the people that still want to chat, you can pop-out twitch chat and close the twitch stream. You get to use youtube's superior player and twitch's superior chat interactions, it's a best of both worlds situation. Fuck man, the pop-out twitch chat is actually the same width as youtube chat. I'm just waiting for someone to make an extension that auto-replaces youtube chat with twitch chat.

Actually retarded take from Kirsche.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
The Twitch vs. Youtube debate is quite simple:

Twitch is for interactivity:
  • chat is basically an instant IRC chatbox (nothing is lost, in YT chat updates in blocks, and many times not in order);
  • the redeems allow chat to play around the stream itself;
  • less delay between transmission and client, making it more snappy;
  • you can raid other creators easily, sharing growth in an organic way.
YouTube is for utility:
  • VODs are archived automatically, forever;
  • much more stable viewer experience, moreso as of late with Twitch ongoing issues in the east coast (New England is getting borked constantly around 9PM);
  • while discoverability for livestreaming is horrendous, secondary content (Shorts) will hook people into your streams with enough views to push the algo;
  • bigger userbase, simple as that.
Personally, I'm all for Twitch. YouTube is for corpos where you can't get a joke in without paying for it, and unlimited karaoke archives as background music during gym. But I enjoy the back and forth banter borne from a responsive chat that gives you the tools to get an input on the program in two clicks - it was something dreamt for TV for decades, and only became real with the advent of livestreaming.

Parasi is playing DUSK. Get in, boomers, today we rejoice

Negzana

Yeah, I didn't expect that list to create actual discussion lol

Yeah, that is exactly right. Ame was supposed to come visit her to set up a 3D room in Kiaras apartment with her so she can record for her 3D Birthday. It seemed pretty determined as well, Ame was talking about getting her passport renewed in time and so on. But it never quite happened and Kiara had to fly last minute to the States to get the recording done (and thats how the 1st full Myth collab happened)
But not all of them were entirely empty promises made during birthday call-ins (aka. "we should totally collab more"). Some of the JP mems have done more and asked her about dates and such and where in Europe to visit. Its believed to have been Korone, Marine and Nene at some point who all made a bit more earnest efforts to get to her but for one reason or another it never really happened.
Reine was also supposed to visit Kiara last winter, but that fell through because of 1) Reine having Visa issues (probably applied too late) and 2) Kiara getting very busy with Myth 3D debut. So the time window for a potential trip was very small anyways. Kiara very specifically wants Reine to come over in Winter so that they can go on Christmas Markets and the Ice Rink together and to she the Indonesian woman snow.

Workaholic with a frail body sure is a dangerous and rare combination

She's just like me frfr

tax:

If A-Chan was part of holofes that might be the highlight of the whole thing

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Top Bottom