"Just because I have a wife, does not mean I'm a lesbian"Fujikura Uruka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
What's going on with Enna? I'm guessing I'm just OOTL

1696341661755.png

Edit: She's taking a 5-day break apparently.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
View attachment 48447View attachment 48448
Where's the money coming from, Aviel?
Makes me wonder if this is the price of doing shorts. Might be because most of her audience was gathered through them, and I'd assume shorts watchers are younger and don't superchat. Wouldn't surprise me if Pippa's age demo was 50+% are older than 18, with Rin's being significantly less. Ads could be to blame as well, with it attracting normies.

Just the fact that Rin disincentivizes superchats isn't enough to explain de disparity.

USS IOWA

Oh yeah Billboard did an interview with Kiara about her album.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Where's the money coming from, Aviel?
Aviel used to be the most successful Israeli youtuber. Apparently he saved away some money for that to invest in this project.

The real question I'd be asking is, what's the gameplan to make Idol Corp a profitable concern? Jambalaya hit it on the head with how Phase managed it - do the cons, do the meet-and-greets, keep on working on audience engagement outside of streams and build up a network of heavily-invested fans. I think Idol Corp should consider a similar approach.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Aviel used to be the most successful Israeli youtuber. Apparently he saved away some money for that to invest in this project.

The real question I'd be asking is, what's the gameplan to make Idol Corp a profitable concern? Jambalaya hit it on the head with how Phase managed it - do the cons, do the meet-and-greets, keep on working on audience engagement outside of streams and build up a network of heavily-invested fans. I think Idol Corp should consider a similar approach.
If he starts youtubing again, that will be a sign of Idol's financial situation

Limkin

At least Aviel isn't grooming his talents. And "funny CEO that everyone bullies" has a 3 for 3 cases of existing and having a company that isn't running into a dumpster fire

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Audience engagement?
Just throw money into everything
"Anyone who makes fan art of a IDOL Talent receives 1 dolar for each 100 likes"
Or some shit like that with how he just did with the clips in order to solve that problem

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
At least Aviel isn't grooming his talents. And "funny CEO that everyone bullies" has a 3 for 3 cases of existing and having a company that isn't running into a dumpster fire
I mean he is a furry, so maybe he's just better at grooming so we don't know

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

If you have enough investment behind you then you don’t have to turn a profit for a very long time, if ever. Large companies like Snap and basically every major ridesharing company have lumbered along for years burning money almost every quarter.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Audience engagement?
om
"Anyone who makes fan art of a IDOL Talent receives 1 dolar for each 100 likes"
Or some shit like that with how he just did with the clips in order to solve that problem
An amusing shitpost, but paying money for clipping or whatever is only a bandaid for the problem, and doesn't fix the central issue of Idol Corp viewer numbers not translating to financial support.

I'll admit to being a Phasefag, but I'd like to see Idol Corp succeed. Not only are a bunch of talents relying on Idol for their career, I'd like to see good, genuine competition for Phase to encourage them to improve.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
An amusing shitpost, but paying money for clipping or whatever is only a bandaid for the problem, and doesn't fix the central issue of Idol Corp viewer numbers not translating to financial support.

I'll admit to being a Phasefag, but I'd like to see Idol Corp succeed. Not only are a bunch of talents relying on Idol for their career, I'd like to see good, genuine competition for Phase to encourage them to improve.
Admitting to being a Phasefag on the largest Phase Connect echo chamber outside of /pcg/…

How could you say something so controversial yet so brave?

:pikaWUT:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I don't really care for the 10th edition of Phase vs Idol numberfagging but It's worth remembering that the Idol girls mainly use and promote streamelements for donations. And like I've said before, Rin actively discourages donations unless it's a special stream like the bake sale. Yuko would probably be a better measure for Idol's peak.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

:pochiidontlikeit:

Kiara also has expessed that as an issue, she has to dance 150% bigger and more exaggerated moves and the recording still only shows 60% of it
Bae has said the same, as well. The more subtle dance moves don't get caputured properly, so they have to do the more exagerated stuff. Basically, anyone good at dancing gets super nerfed because of the 3D.

Like, just comparing what Kiara has done to Keeki:

There seem to be a lot of smaller movements that just gets missed by the mocap. It feels like the 3D models are almost stiff, especially in the waist area, while IRL, you humans are a much larger range of motion than what is shown.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Idol's thumbnails are kind of crap 99% of the time. You can't force them to use fanart drawn by real people if it doesn't exist. The solution to the problem is the same as with AI art in general - if you don't like it produce a real one that is of higher quality. Holo disavowing it also makes sense, as they are big enough where they don't have to rely on it and still have a massive gallery of choices.
What? Don't you enjoy ddolbang's incredible creative output? AI.... smh my head, I swear.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

:pochiidontlikeit:

Bae has said the same, as well. The more subtle dance moves don't get caputured properly, so they have to do the more exagerated stuff. Basically, anyone good at dancing gets super nerfed because of the 3D.

Like, just comparing what Kiara has done to Keeki:

There seem to be a lot of smaller movements that just gets missed by the mocap. It feels like the 3D models are almost stiff, especially in the waist area, while IRL, you humans are a much larger range of motion than what is shown.

That's one of my complaints with Cover. Their main studio is filled with cameras that cost 80.000$ each, but the actual tracking, model, and the model's rigging/bones are each in their own right woefully outdated. And I'm honestly not sure if they even know of a way to fix it. They can't even be bothered the make it so that Ame's 3D model can take off her jacket because it requires a little bit of geometry to be filled in and some slight texture work. How are they going to be bothered to completely rework every talent's model to actually use those 80.000$ paperweights to their full potential?

I'm half tempted to start up Blender when I have spare time and see how difficult it is to actually fix Ame's model with some amateur skills.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Local german woman complain about being succ

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
I want to strangle the creator of this watermelon game. This BGM is annoying. I would rather watch 16 hours of fetch quest simulator XVI.

USS IOWA

Local german woman complain about being succ

That looks like a bruise rather than being an insect bite, maybe bumped something really hard when she was in the studio.

How about if your company needs to suck less Luca.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
For the one person on here who has a membership with Hime, she's offering a members only meet and greet:

If you want to spill your spaghetti with our resident poster Superduper, this is your chance.

Top Bottom