"There's this great game called 'The Last of Us' it's free on youtube!"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
This Argumentation is flawed in many ways.
The topic is more complicated than that.

But I agree with your sentiment. Europe is currently not a market for Hololive. Or vtubers at large for that matter. (Outliers always happen and are not indicative of the whole)
Fuck Europe. It's a fake continent full of circle jerkers claiming "history". What is so complicated?
At this point I have totally given up Cover ever doing anything for EU. By now its blatantly obvious that they don't consider EU part of their target audience for EN. EN is for NA and Australia only apparently.
I remember when Vesper said he had to fight management to have his morning timeslot that would cover a bit of EU. Management just recommended to him to only stream at west coast prime-time, therefore overlapping with already almost every one from EN. Also more recently all the Events of the Tempus week happend between 1 and 5am in the morning. New debuts for the EN branch also always happen in the middle of the night. The merch shop also doesn't service Europe and we're still stuck using fucking geekjack.
If I want to be able to watch HoloEN, I am rather forced to destroy the sleep schedule or watch Kiara and VODs for all eternity.

I don't think Myth is stuck in burn-out. Really its just Gura and Ame.
EN includes more then Oceania and NA - it's North, Central and South America at least. You are also over dramatizing Vespers statement.

What exactly is Myth burned out on? Not streaming?
lopsssx.png
Get a JP oshi, they deliver. Here is an chuuba that is considerate.

Timezones? Kaela.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Ah sweet! More owl-made horrors beyond my compression.

One of the worst things takeshi has ever done, is mandate Mumei not to draw other holomems, after Pekora's manager complained about her watership down reference.
That took the wind out of what at the time, was peak creative output.

NotScuddle

Aka Nuddle
One of the worst things takeshi has ever done, is mandate Mumei not to draw other holomems, after Pekora's manager complained about her watership down reference.
That took the wind out of what at the time, was peak creative output.
Pekora and Flare competing for who has the thinnest skin in hololive.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Doing the yearly concert and quarterly merch/outfit shilling stream is really hard, you have to understand.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Doing the yearly concert and quarterly merch/outfit shilling stream is really hard, you have to understand.
Pairing these comments with this.
I don't mind her lack of streaming and I will continue to enjoy watching her streams whenever she does and I'm able to watch live.

But putting on an analyst's hat, it is pretty frustrating and makes me wonder what kind of arrangement does Gura currently have with Cover? Yagoo runs a business, not a charity "home for broken girls" as fans would like to opine. Why the continuing large gaps between streams? I know this conversation has been had here before but here we go again when she took another long break. Direct communication is very important for entertainers for promotion which makes it odd she isn't personally promoting her new costume stream, which is supposed to be a big deal, to her fans on social media yet people had to hear about it from a company "press release" tweet.

My oldest child's favorite was Gura and when Gura stopped streaming that favorite TV show of my oldest, and over two year membership, has now switched to a different Hololive member. There was no malice in the switch it was just the interest has waned probably due to lack of activitiy and my oldest's lack of attention span and I'm sure a few and probably growing number of Gura's younger fans have also moved on.
This story is basically the endpoint of what her behavior is going to wreak. Actions speak louder than words. And her actions have repeatedly shown her willing to put her fans on the backburner for months and weeks at a time with no good explanation as to why. Except for the Streamy Award thing, the last time she even went through on Twitter and liked fanart was nearly a month ago. And THAT has such a laughably low amount of effort required she could do it on the shitter.

Someone posted this on /vt/, but here's Goombus vs Kaela.
1694358322834266.jpg

I know it's not exactly fair to compare anyone's streaming schedule vs the machine from ID, but it's still a good visual aid to show how little she's been active this last year. And again, communication takes such little effort that I'm just disappointed that it keeps being the same problems over and over again. You'd think management would have stepped in to just manage her Twitter account for her to at least create the illusion she's still active.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Lemon woman streaming Total War: Warhammer III

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
HERE IS RADEN
She doesnt like Delutaya that much but i kinda see why would you confuse their voices

STREAM SEPTEMBER LOVE

Also its funny that Indonesians,Japanese and even Chinks can figure out how to work in Holo.Just watch Vtubers that actually care

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
This story is basically the endpoint of what her behavior is going to wreak. Actions speak louder than words. And her actions have repeatedly shown her willing to put her fans on the backburner for months and weeks at a time with no good explanation as to why. Except for the Streamy Award thing, the last time she even went through on Twitter and liked fanart was nearly a month ago. And THAT has such a laughably low amount of effort required she could do it on the shitter.

I feel like Gura just unironically hates her fans. I wouldn't blame her for that in any way. She's got a cute little girl voice and is typecast in cute little girl avatars that absolutely bring out the worst 'uwooooh no-no square' vermin in both East and West. Right from the very first stream she ever did, they were fucking things up for her coworkers by invading their chats and screeching nonstop about Gura. I'd hate them as well.

agility_

Early Adopter

Someone posted this on /vt/, but here's Goombus vs Kaela.
1694358322834266.jpg

I know it's not exactly fair to compare anyone's streaming schedule vs the machine from ID, but it's still a good visual aid to show how little she's been active this last year. And again, communication takes such little effort that I'm just disappointed that it keeps being the same problems over and over again. You'd think management would have stepped in to just manage her Twitter account for her to at least create the illusion she's still active.
Is it bad that looking at that graph I know instantly when Kaela's pc died, or when she goes out to touch grass.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I feel like Gura just unironically hates her fans. I wouldn't blame her for that in any way. She's got a cute little girl voice and is typecast in cute little girl avatars that absolutely bring out the worst 'uwooooh no-no square' vermin in both East and West. Right from the very first stream she ever did, they were fucking things up for her coworkers by invading their chats and screeching nonstop about Gura. I'd hate them as well.
Shes been doing that for years as senzawa and even before that. To pretend she doesnt like that kind of attention is pretty retarded

That said Gura fans are cucks lol wait longer.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Please forgive my numberfagging because it is the only proper way to address this. As much as I enjoy trolling eurofags (trust me, I've spent a lot of time in online games trolling you guys), the blatant truth is that EU has not shown to be super profitable compared to other regions. I know it sounds crazy to say this given the EU's population and the wealth of their countries but they don't really put up substantial numbers as a region. The Advent monetization streams showed that the EU just didn't really show up despite being a continent of 1st world nations and a massive population. The cope at the time was "well, it was at 4am for us! Of course we didn't show up!". Amerifags convinced Cover to open a branch because they would show up for JP streams and keep in mind, JP hours to Amerifags is pretty much NA hours to Eurofags. Even the followup stream to Fuwamoco's monetization stream was their morning show and that was a solid fit for the EU but there still wasn't a large presence. Even the JPfags showed up for Fuwamoco's monetization stream while it was the middle of their work day.

The whole reasoning for dedicating a branch to a region is the understanding that if the fans are dedicated enough to show up during off-hours, talents in that region will pop off since there's obviously a big market there. Unfortunately EU just doesn't do this and it's not like talents streaming in hours dedicated to the EU really pop off.

Thing is, I feel that calling Europe a 'market' to begin with is just a bad idea. There is no 'European market' in entertainment terms. You can sell products in Europe thanks to - huuuurk - the EU, but entertainment is a lot different. Every European nation has its own language, so a streamer that only speaks English will appeal... to England, and maybe a few million foreigners who speak English as a second language. That's still not a tiny market by any means, but nothing like as large as NA or even Indonesia.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Ina reclining by @HongBsWs.jpg

Tako Princess chilling

Princess Kronii by @old_metal_666.jpg

Princess Kronii asking you to sacrifice your clock for her

Shinigami training by @old_metal_666.jpg

Calli picking up some tricks of the trade

Watame Barbacoa by @ProzacGuy.jpg
Los Mariscos de Gura by @ProzacGuy.jpg
Caldos De Gallina by @ProzacGuy.jpg

Now I'm hungry, dammit...

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Also has an MV premiering right after. This is one of the most popular songs on her 1st album and it's basically 4 minutes of Ui calling her fans pedophiles :SelenHAHAhere:

The levels of meta that MV gets to are wild. Good on Ui. Also, some fabulous animation there at the end.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
The tradition continues

1. How the shit you make the chalkboard sfx?
  2. She started talking and my expectations went flying through the window and died
  3. Now that Coco is no more apparently yagoo wanted another delinquent
  4. Future of vtubing Captura de pantalla 2023-09-10 095657.png
  5. Her animations are the shit im so ripping them off for my collection
  6. overall ok voice was kinda unexpected

1. JP getting their goth girls because they are scrubs that dont have their goth hag like EN
  2. Someone on my discord pointed that she remind him of Kujo Ringo a member of VEE
  3. HAG
  4. This is the Construct, is our loading program, we can load anything, Idols, degenerates, concerts, anything we need Captura de pantalla 2023-09-10 114521.png
  5. The Pekora laugh mark 3 got me also she start to drink beer out of nowhere
  6. She talks so fast holy shit
  7. The fact she can do a very convincing Marine just seal the deal about her Hag status
  8. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  9. Get out of tissue and start to sneeze for some reason
  10. Close up of the mask, insert Gasaraki opening
  11. Start speedrunning facts about her because she only has 2 minutes left
  12. First hololiver that doesnt show her face during her debut
  13. Overall hag/10

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
Thing is, I feel that calling Europe a 'market' to begin with is just a bad idea. There is no 'European market' in entertainment terms. You can sell products in Europe thanks to - huuuurk - the EU, but entertainment is a lot different. Every European nation has its own language, so a streamer that only speaks English will appeal... to England, and maybe a few million foreigners who speak English as a second language. That's still not a tiny market by any means, but nothing like as large as NA or even Indonesia.
Doesn't help that some of the largest markets in EU have basically segregated themselves from the broader English speaking internet over the past 20 years (France and Germany especially.)

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Gura doesn't have to stream, she is a brand. Cover and her make money regardless. It's the fans that whine about her that is annoying. Cry or watch someone dedicated to doing the thing you like. Currently, Gura takes all the shit for Myth even though Ame and Ina go on extended breaks as well.

For good translators

Shiina and Sasaki hold a special place in my heart as a Korone lover.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Doesn't help that some of the largest markets in EU have basically segregated themselves from the broader English speaking internet over the past 20 years (France and Germany especially.)
As fare i know the most young german can speak german (whoops) english
but they have an domestic german marked

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
is ironic that this was the same reason she dropped her last identity, also i dont blame her if she want to take the Hayame route, she only has to appear one time every millenia to keep the channel going and appear in concerts that happen like twice a year

agility_

Early Adopter

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

This story is basically the endpoint of what her behavior is going to wreak. Actions speak louder than words. And her actions have repeatedly shown her willing to put her fans on the backburner for months and weeks at a time with no good explanation as to why.
Maybe a year from now people will finally arrive to that same realization with both Magni and Vesper instead of being massive retarded simps :ironmousekek:

I think we are way past the possibility of any leaks that would make it Cover's fault and not just Magni wanting out to work on his personal channel and Vesper not being able to function + getting convinced by Magni. There was no reason they couldn't graduate properly if they just wanted out, like Sana did. The way they did it speaks really loud about how they didn't give a fuck about their respective communities or genmates.

Now to do a bit of Myth shit talking. :BijouBijou:

I've never watched them much since they have always being criminally mid as fuck, but my impression of the fanbases of both Gura and Ame is that they have a very significantly loud schizo vt/Nolan fanbase. While those types are in every fanbase, everywhere else they feel like outsiders and not the core fanbase or how the fanbase is supposed to behave, but with Gura and Ame they feel like the core.

If that impression is true, I would also hate to stream if I were either of them. Imagine trying to entertain people that you would actively want to kill themselves. Especially when you are aware that your genmates also despise them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom