"What if we just had Nerissa chew our food for us?"Shiori Novella

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
HoloJP member Anya Melfissa's Hologra debut.

:nehgah: They really made her speak Japanese :Ame-IKNEWIT:

Edit:
Screenshot_20230910_171211.jpg

It seems her oppai wasn't totally nerfed. Shortstack FTW!!!

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

HoloJP member Anya Melfissa's Hologra debut.

:nehgah: They really made her speak Japanese :Ame-IKNEWIT:

Her model actually translated really well to 3D. RIP to whoever spent a year modeling that hair.

Ayame of the Stone. haha

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Fishman really needs to figure out logistics because if this keeps going on people are not gonna be bother with merch anymore, they're like a year behind from what some people say.
The shipping price is ridiculous too. I was keen to buy some overpriced anime girl coffee but with that shipping and with how long shipments even within the US seem to take, it just isn't worth it. I wouldn't expect perfect beans from a vtuber company but at the very least I don't want them to be stale before they even reach me.

I'm sure I've said this before so I guess I'm a timeloop contributor.

DanishCookies

I'm still surprised chumkeks beleeb this (or still maintain their memberships) but good for them, I guess.
chumbuds: b-but she's gonna stream tomorrow(9 AM JST Sep 11th)!!!!!!

Hoping she streams regularly again (using the word loosely here since it's Gura after all so at least 3 days a week) since she'll be getting a new outfit after all.
I thought her recent absence was excusable since they went to Japan again for some stuff but the other ENs like Mumei started streaming again while she's still MIA and was just retweeting some of the recent stuff.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
This but a few inches lower.

Archive

Also some more schizobot posting with Dizzy talking about Yuri.

Archive

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
If you read all this, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Because deresute and blue archive mentioned

Also yeah shun is probably the oldest but then again we still have the druglord from the seven criminals so that can change anytime

WeTawks

You are an enabler of this behavior and you know it. She will never stop putting bare minimum amount of effort until it results in massive loss in viewers and revenue
I don't mind her lack of streaming and I will continue to enjoy watching her streams whenever she does and I'm able to watch live.

But putting on an analyst hat, it is pretty frustrating and makes me wonder what kind of arrangement does Gura currently have with Cover? Yagoo runs a business, not a charity "home for broken girls" as fans would like to opine. Why the continuing large gaps between streams? I know this conversation has been had here before but here we go again when she took another long break. Direct communication is very important for entertainers for promotion which makes it odd she isn't personally promoting her new costume stream, which is supposed to be a big deal, to her fans on social media yet people had to hear about it from a company "press release" tweet.

My oldest child's favorite was Gura and when Gura stopped streaming that favorite TV show of my oldest, and over two year membership, has now switched to a different Hololive member. There was no malice in the switch it was just the interest has waned probably due to lack of activitiy and my oldest's lack of attention span and I'm sure a few and probably growing number of Gura's younger fans have also moved on.

Last edited:

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
There is the potential she's still in Australia because apparently they're getting hit hard with floods too, I think
There is only one current flood warning in Australia, but I doubt Rie has moved to Victoria.

1694340197292.png

Doxing a vtuber isn't very nice dude...
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is an offshoot of Kiwifarms. Doxing using publically-available information is expected practice here.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this is an offshoot of Kiwifarms. Doxing using publically-available information is expected practice here.
Why in the world would you take that post seriously considering everything I've done in my almost year on this forum.

Edit: Do I have to spell it out? Within my first few months on this forum I found her linkedin and posted it here. Why would I care if someone else found her address?

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
JP translation clips quality has gone to shit since last time I watched. Fuckers just straight up skip half the sentences without subtitling them, couldn't properly color code who is talking right now. Sometimes they even swap who is talking, and about whom she is talking, places. I was trying to find good clips of suisei+miko reaction to regloss debut and at this point I might as well watch the stream itself
If you only watch speed clips from Sushi or Sashimi, yeah those are pretty bad.

A lot of good subs sadly just kinda disappeared and dipped in the last 2 years, I'll admit there were many more good clippers back then than there are now.
But still, good clips are far from dead you just need to look a bit more.

As a rule of thumb: A clipper that focuses on only 1 or a few talents and doesn't clip anything else, those are usually the best. This goes both for EN and JP
I mentioned this before Advent, but I was really hoping they got more EU girls for Gen 3 for very much this reason. I don't think she would ever bite the bullet and move to either Japan or the US, as well. so she is basically stuck with hoping people visit her or doing collabs with EU streamers outside of Holo, unless Cover gets more EU girls.
At this point I have totally given up Cover ever doing anything for EU. By now its blatantly obvious that they don't consider EU part of their target audience for EN. EN is for NA and Australia only apparently.
I remember when Vesper said he had to fight management to have his morning timeslot that would cover a bit of EU. Management just recommended to him to only stream at west coast prime-time, therefore overlapping with already almost every one from EN. Also more recently all the Events of the Tempus week happend between 1 and 5am in the morning. New debuts for the EN branch also always happen in the middle of the night. The merch shop also doesn't service Europe and we're still stuck using fucking geekjack.
If I want to be able to watch HoloEN, I am rather forced to destroy the sleep schedule or watch Kiara and VODs for all eternity.

I've resolved that if I want to watch Vtubers that match my timezone it will have to be IdolCorp. And that's a shame
I hope advent has many projects planned for long term (And I mean up to 2025-2026). Myth was great in 2020-2021 but I just feel there is no ambition and they've been going through the motions ever since I guess after mid 2022. Somehow Kiara has become my favorite member of myth which would be unheard of back in the golden age. I hope Advent can avoid the burnout myth faced, wonder how that could happen.
I don't think Myth is stuck in burn-out. Really its just Gura and Ame.
I'll admit that 2022 was a rather bad year for all of Myth, but it really got a lot better in 2023. Ina, Kiara and Mori are back to a mostly regular streaming schedule doing regular things.
I do miss full myth collabs but every time they do happen I am happy. I'll say that for me, Myth still has a chemistry that is unique. They might not be the most well balanced comedy group or always mesh well. But what I do feel when they hang out with each other every time is a really deep bond of camaraderie. These girls fought and paved their way to success at the very beginning with no roadmap and under worse Management. No other group gives me that warm feeling.

I won't pretend like I know what is going on with Ame and Gura but even with the few streams, I am confident that they still love Hololive and its just a temporary situation.

My greatest worry for the future of Hololive is that Management and shareholders notice that Events are the real big money makers. I really don't want every month to be like August and jam packed with events and a concert and stuff like that. They will force more and more concerts for the most mundane of reasons and the girls will be constantly away preparing for something and regular streams will become more and more just stuff to do between concerts

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Limkin

Take an example from Kaela and Elira, no need to fight with management for a timeslot if you do 6-12 hours streams

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

Ah sweet! More owl-made horrors beyond my compression.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
On the subject of good/bad clippers, I've seen this person's Fauna Planet Zoo clips floating around here and he just uploaded one of her Starfield playthroughs the other day. Feels a lot like the Fauna equivalent of Amelia's Kowkarot. And I do feel like the 30-50 minute condensed clips of whole streams are a great middle-ground to catch up.

God's Strongest Dragoon

At this point I have totally given up Cover ever doing anything for EU. By now its blatantly obvious that they don't consider EU part of their target audience for EN. EN is for NA and Australia only apparently.
Please forgive my numberfagging because it is the only proper way to address this. As much as I enjoy trolling eurofags (trust me, I've spent a lot of time in online games trolling you guys), the blatant truth is that EU has not shown to be super profitable compared to other regions. I know it sounds crazy to say this given the EU's population and the wealth of their countries but they don't really put up substantial numbers as a region. The Advent monetization streams showed that the EU just didn't really show up despite being a continent of 1st world nations and a massive population. The cope at the time was "well, it was at 4am for us! Of course we didn't show up!". Amerifags convinced Cover to open a branch because they would show up for JP streams and keep in mind, JP hours to Amerifags is pretty much NA hours to Eurofags. Even the followup stream to Fuwamoco's monetization stream was their morning show and that was a solid fit for the EU but there still wasn't a large presence. Even the JPfags showed up for Fuwamoco's monetization stream while it was the middle of their work day.

The whole reasoning for dedicating a branch to a region is the understanding that if the fans are dedicated enough to show up during off-hours, talents in that region will pop off since there's obviously a big market there. Unfortunately EU just doesn't do this and it's not like talents streaming in hours dedicated to the EU really pop off.

AmpleChip

JP translation clips quality has gone to shit since last time I watched. Fuckers just straight up skip half the sentences without subtitling them, couldn't properly color code who is talking right now. Sometimes they even swap who is talking, and about whom she is talking, places. I was trying to find good clips of suisei+miko reaction to regloss debut and at this point I might as well watch the stream itself
If you only watch speed clips from Sushi or Sashimi, yeah those are pretty bad.

A lot of good subs sadly just kinda disappeared and dipped in the last 2 years, I'll admit there were many more good clippers back then than there are now.
But still, good clips are far from dead you just need to look a bit more.

I'm about to introduce you to the perfection of YUUSHA04 clips. After recently appearing in my recommendations, I've been binging through them.

They are brilliantly edited and they go for quality over speed.

Not-Username

Please forgive my numberfagging because it is the only proper way to address this. As much as I enjoy trolling eurofags (trust me, I've spent a lot of time in online games trolling you guys), the blatant truth is that EU has not shown to be super profitable compared to other regions. I know it sounds crazy to say this given the EU's population and the wealth of their countries but they don't really put up substantial numbers as a region. The Advent monetization streams showed that the EU just didn't really show up despite being a continent of 1st world nations and a massive population. The cope at the time was "well, it was at 4am for us! Of course we didn't show up!". Amerifags convinced Cover to open a branch because they would show up for JP streams and keep in mind, JP hours to Amerifags is pretty much NA hours to Eurofags. Even the followup stream to Fuwamoco's monetization stream was their morning show and that was a solid fit for the EU but there still wasn't a large presence. Even the JPfags showed up for Fuwamoco's monetization stream while it was the middle of their work day.

The whole reasoning for dedicating a branch to a region is the understanding that if the fans are dedicated enough to show up during off-hours, talents in that region will pop off since there's obviously a big market there. Unfortunately EU just doesn't do this and it's not like talents streaming in hours dedicated to the EU really pop off.
This Argumentation is flawed in many ways.
The topic is more complicated than that.

But I agree with your sentiment. Europe is currently not a market for Hololive. Or vtubers at large for that matter. (Outliers always happen and are not indicative of the whole)

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
FlaVR member Nayvell Milkdrop is officially debuting in ... what's this? ... 3 HOURS FROM NOW HOLY SHIT GET IN HERE!

Top Bottom