"Life is short, don't take anime girls on the internet too seriously"Dizzy Dokuro

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
That's nothing. One of my bosses used a computer that still ran Windows 98 because it was the only thing that could run an old CAD program that he liked.
98SE? Because if so, no reason to downgrade from the greatest Windows OS ever.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Come watch this cute 1-2 view draw some buttercats.

She is currently a png but draw it herself and is in the process of making the rigging. She has a pretty cute accent too.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Lumi (why there are so many vitubers named Lumi) and Super meat boy

Rin and "horror"(more like a parody of the Tucker & Dale vs Evil) story

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
There is a fair share of old software that was never updated to run properly even on win7 involved in banking, accounting, airport control and other areas, because existing option works great, the company who made it is dead, and no one else offers an option that "just works". I've also seen a dinosaur running win95 with some homemade soft in university because "we used this program for as long as I remember and I don't want to learn anything new". Another possible option is they have some old printer/other hardware with drivers that just refuse to work on anything newer, but on the metal side it's an awesome machine so they just take an L. Star Force, that used to be a go-to DRM notoriously breaks any version of windows newer than XP (regardless of their official site telling you it's totally cool) but I don't think if it was ever used for work software and not just games
Or they are fucking cheapskates who don't want to pay for new windows, which is probably the real answer
I've heard there are utilities like power plants, including a few nuclear plants, still running Windows 3.1 and basically can't update unless they shut down and completely replace some of the controlling hardware.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
It's not the first time she's constantly laughing about what should be (and probably under the surface is) a traumatic experience.

Come to think of it... The one time I remember her actually crying she was also laughing, which then turned into sobbing. :ameraintear:

While something like that never really leaves you, I think she at least came to terms with what happened with her dad. She's talked about him multiple times on stream before, like here where she tangents a bit after getting a superchat about overworking.

I can't find it but I recall another clip where she tells some funny stories about him with no issues. That one might have been closer to debut but I'm not sure. I dunno why she decided to bring him up during a joke confession but her brain probably scrambled itself trying to think of something funny and went with something genuine instead.

Also there was one other time she cried and it was sweet.

Hag lion love :sanasmile:

niggaphil

I've heard there are utilities like power plants, including a few nuclear plants, still running Windows 3.1 and basically can't update unless they shut down and completely replace some of the controlling hardware.
Aren't NASA still using Floppy Disk and old tech like that?
even in 2023, some area still using floppy disk

God's Strongest Dragoon

And now it begins, he's watching Vtuber history videos. Good chance we might get some tourists once they type "vtuber forum" into google.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
And now it begins, he's watching Vtuber history videos

Whats his community like? Like every twitch chat or are they half decent?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
And now it begins, he's watching Vtuber history videos. Good chance we might get some tourists once they type "vtuber forum" into google.

Here come the normies
:gunpeko::gunpeko:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

1693489893376.png

The Ayame Monthly public stream is Near.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Whats his community like? Like every twitch chat or are they half decent?
Slightly less faggy version of the typical twitch chat. slightly
Normies that think they're being edgie when not realizing they're the definition of an ellipse, so they're like only 1 step down from being a literal circle.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

IMG_2016.jpeg
I really don’t think any image encapsulates my reaction as good as this one does.

Also clip tax.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
On the bright side, the chance for Pippa to get her collab shot up astronomically, yeah?
:mikothumbsl:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru and Aki are answering questions and talking about the wasteland that was 2018 Hololive.

Their unit name is Angel Heaven because Subaru came up with it at random 5 years ago and Aki never forgot.

God's Strongest Dragoon

On the bright side, the chance for Pippa to get her collab shot up astronomically, yeah?
:mikothumbsl:
Honestly?

>Pippa pipkun? Who's that? She's not in Holocure.
:NOWWELAUGH:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Aren't NASA still using Floppy Disk and old tech like that?
even in 2023, some area still using floppy disk

Control Software should not be updated unless the hardware has to be replaced. If it's working, don't fix it. The issue arises when there isn't viable replacement hardware. Depending on the controllers you're dealing with, it's a 1-2 year process to move to a new technological standard. You eventually have to, but don't fix what isn't broke.

This is also why these systems should always have an Air Gap and never be allowed to bring in outside data to them.

USS IOWA

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
A couple years back in the UK, the NHS was brought to its knees in a ransomware attack that was enabled by the fact that a significant amount of their infrastructure was running on software & OS's that were decades out of date. Fresh out the box XP and so on. Disturbing to think about.

I blame Mouse for this. She should have just told Asmon and his community to fuck off when they insulted everyone rather than being a unityfag and reaching out for an interview. Vtubing culture and the likes of Asmon or Hasan will not be a good influence on each other, even Twitch indie vtubing culture.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Remember when i joked on Discord about OTK making their own Vtuber company?, the signals were there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom