"I will file a motion to kill this idiot"VenVen

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

Looks like wigger went to the Netflix One Piece premiere. People have been impressed by the trailers so far and she gives it high praise as a OP fan. Even if it is good, let's be honest, Netflix will drop it after a couple seasons or run it into the ground.

IF they get lucky, that's the best it can happen to it. The worse is Netflix turning it all in a wokeshitflinging mess. I will never forgive Netflix for what they did to all their anime adaptations AND the witcher.

Her singing has vastly improved. It's actually really nice to see.
Yeah :sanasmile:

Have some cute shiori.

Last edited:

Negzana

1693408165050198.png

Also Kaela's new mascot
1693406986630794.png

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Also Kaela's new mascot
1693406986630794.png
never in my life i would see a Galon (ID for water container) to be made as a mascot. I just gonna expect next conventions or so you can find kaela fans (or kaela cosplayers) in there bringing empty water container and made it look like that.

Would be funky to see.

I am already regretting calling her "the sanest ID girl"
Bold of you to assume ID people as sane. Is not like all of Holo ID girls are all sane to begin with.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

This dumb motherfucker casually spoiling the twist to all his coworkers all the while thinking it was vague enough wtf.

:whatastory:

f4af79234bbffc8f7fe13d0a139835be3a8a7806774c3fc9b060409662620889.jpg

She got huge in Japan because at that time she did one thing : Asacoco
  • It did air in the morning, no vtuber was doing that, people watched her before going to work.
  • She looked like a japanese but she was shit talking and parodying her own company (very rare for a japanese streamer and corpo)
  • Pushing boundaries in stream like the infamous pubic shaving stream or collabing outside holo
  • She inspired many vtubers to make their own morning short news stream (Mio, Koyori, Watson and many others indies/corpo...)
  • She was popular enough to appear in cameo like Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
Of course, all she did backfired, asacoco got censored heavily and lasted only a few month and she lost many sponsors opportunities as coco before the final yab, but she did leave a significant mark there because of that.

One thing about Coco is that she's not scared of doing crazy things to keep her audience entertained. Too bad her creative streak died when she left Hololive. She's on her best when she's doing crazy collabs with the other girls.
... but Coco is notable for never collabing outside Holo, whereas collabing with indies/niji had been a pillar of activity for previous gens.

She didn't push that boundary, she erected it.

In much the same way, while she believes she had a meaningful role in creating Holo EN... auditions were announced within four months of her debut. I am rather doubtful that someone who was streaming for four months had the clout to influence that. Keeping in mind that the staff decisions leading to the auditions being announced would take several months, too.

And pre Coco Matsuri or Choco weren't exactly what I'd describe as safe content, either. The "Erolive" nickname precedes Coco, too. One might form the impression that Coco's reputation for "Pushing boundaries" is more the consequence of people hearing "Idol Company", seeing that very flashy new member (for EOPs: That English speaking member) and concluding that it must've been her pushing past idol expectations that were... only really even thought of after 3rd gen debuted in the first place.

I do give Coco this. She really was exceptionally supportive of her coworkers. The Holohouse was her thing. Her relationships with Watame, Kanata, Haachama went above and beyond. She really was there for everyone and put genuine effort into this.

This is to be lauded.

But most of the things people usually applaud her for... she either didn't do at all or she was neither the first nor the only one who did them. She just had the charisma to be noticed more than others.

Coco didn't help create Hololive EN but she pushed Cover to give that branch a bigger priority. She saw how big the EN market can be because of how many Kaigainikis are always watching her streams because she can speak fluent english. This trickled down to the other members gaining exposure and the rest is history.
Merryweather's AstralLine lineup

Hey Merry...

Blank_a593f3_1079799.jpg

so whos the first collab for the dogs

is it gonna be polka or marine

I'm betting for Polka but Lui is a dark horse because of her OBSESSION with the twin doggos.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Ensok

Early Adopter
IF they get lucky, that's the best it can happen to it. The worse is Netflix turning it all in a wokeshitflinging mess. I will never forgive Netflix for what they did to all their anime adaptations AND the witcher.
I'm not going to watch it anyways of course but if there's one positive thing I can say about the One Piece live-action show compared to others is that the casting is much better. After seeing the actors they got the only ones I really have an issue with are Nami (because they obviously aren't going to let that kind of fanservice in their show) and Zoro looking too thin and not really manly enough. But compared to Bebop and Death Note etc. the casting is much better.

Horo7618

No one in particular

Negzana

I am already regretting calling her "the sanest ID girl"
She unironically might have slight brain damage, if she's the sanest I shudder to understand past the indog barrier for the other girls

Awoogers

She unironically might have slight brain damage, if she's the sanest I shudder to understand past the indog barrier for the other girls
no one in SEA is sane

some are just saner than the others

Horo7618

No one in particular
Has Anya done anything notably insane? Her taste in games is a bit odd sometimes, but I can't think of anything apart from that. She might just be better at hiding it though.....

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Has Anya done anything notably insane? Her taste in games is a bit odd sometimes, but I can't think of anything apart from that. She might just be better at hiding it though.....
She is TOO sane, is the problem. There's gotta be something wrong with her to be able to hang out with the rest.

Also, Kiara said the Sparks remix on the physical version of her album is actually a metal remix.
:kiarachefkiss:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Yeah, the Kaela birthday set is already sold out since ID isn't made to order. It's a shame, since every set had an autograph.

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter
She played FGO on her own will. That's insane.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

She is TOO sane, is the problem. There's gotta be something wrong with her to be able to hang out with the rest.

Also, Kiara said the Sparks remix on the physical version of her album is actually a metal remix.
Isn't Anya like 1/2 Japanese?

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Yeah, the Kaela birthday set is already sold out since ID isn't made to order. It's a shame, since every set had an autograph.
I honestly almost got one, but figured her bigger fans should get a chance at one, since ID don't do made-to-order merch. I really like the items she chose for it, though.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Someone must've threatened her. Kiara and metal are like Suisei and fanservice. Bring your armor.

Awoogers

Faceless Waifu

Early Adopter
she definitely walked into hell with that one did she
She's a Keris dagger. Make sense that she too walked toward that hell, just like Shirou.

Unlimited Anya Melfissa Works.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

I'm not going to watch it anyways of course but if there's one positive thing I can say about the One Piece live-action show compared to others is that the casting is much better. After seeing the actors they got the only ones I really have an issue with are Nami (because they obviously aren't going to let that kind of fanservice in their show) and Zoro looking too thin and not really manly enough. But compared to Bebop and Death Note etc. the casting is much better.
As a diehard One Piece fan (the only anime franchise I own merch of) I'm willing to give it a shot mainly because of how aggressively Eichiro Oda is in interacting with the production of the show. There's many stories of him forcing reshoots of scenes that were changed in ways he didn't like. So I have a feeling that it might end up like the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" movie, where it's different from the source material but still made with the blessing and supervision of the creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom