"Ooh that cheese looks so good! I wanna smack it, -pappappPAP!!!"Onolumi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

RiverBear

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that KSon is (or has already been) managing VShojo behind the scenes.

TALENT FREEDOM LOVE

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that KSon is (or has already been) managing VShojo behind the scenes.

TALENT FREEDOM LOVE
>VShojo
>managing

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
SOON ALL OF THE ASYLUM WILL ONLY LOVE POST
WHEN THAT DAY COME WE ALLL WILL SING "LOVELY DAY" TOGETHER IN UNITY.

THE EXISTENCE ITSELF LOVE
Good night

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Okay I hate to be defending FUCKING NIJISANJI of all things... :gunpeko:
but am I the only one who's getting a bit tired of people pretending Niji is just DEAD with no redemption? I may not like Nijis, that's a given, but pretending that the company has no power or influence is nothing short of retarded. I see people saying that Niji is gonna get replaced by VSPO, Idol, Vshojo, Phase and every other 3rd place (or like 15th or so place) agency in existence. Niji has bad PR at the moment, that's a true fact that nobody can dispute, but acting like "OH THE TIME OF NIJIS IS OVER!" is just dumb. Call me Scuttle-wannabe but I think Nijis have been kicked while down enough, I find it hard to forgive the shit management has done but ALL agencies fuck up, Holo fucked up plenty in 2020 and arguably more than anyone else and they still got better, I think it's far too early to declare the tribal-wars to be a Holo all out victory (which would be an overall bad thing since monopolies never end well as i've said before).

(This isn't a callout on you personally gluten just me going off on the popular opinion)
I get where your coming from but also Ninji is for all intents and purposes dead over here most of their new announcments even on the twitters is met with a resounding meh their rep is in shambles both casually (shitting out low effort waves) and Professionally (their most promising new talent getting unperson'd by the company and then dropping nuclear bombs in her wake) they are not DeadDead they will still make new waves and token efforts to exapnd but most people are just tired of them the constant fires the shitty managment even the jokes are starting to get stale.

it's always possible to recover but that would require them to stop pressing self destruct buttons just to be sure they are working.

It's literally mostly the English community, brain damaged /vt/ users shitting up twitter/x and people who don't even watch Vtubers just jumpin on a hate train. Niji is fine, even the "bad things" weren't 100% confirmed and basically semi-context word from notorious idiots (Mysta/Millie/Finana); Realistically speaking, only NijiEN has severe issues that even pertain to the relevant viewers, and that definitely can be seen as a clash of culture (JP company vs western mind set.)

Nijisanji(especially EN) has become of the Nintendo of the Vtubing world in the west, popular to hate on even if you partake or not.
Even outside of EN theres plenty to shit on ninji for I also find it odd that your implying mysta and Millie are untrustworthy (finanna at least makes sense to a degree) when most of what they have said was corroborated by others like Pomu Enna Nina and Selen to a degree Did you forget about ninji screwing over ID for years just as one example. it just feels less relevant since most of us stick to the EN branch they are still largely fuck ups even outside of EN.

Apt that you compair them to nintendo when theres plenty of reason to be sick of their shit too though at least nintendo offers reasons to put up with their

Shitty treatment of fan games
Shitty Servers especially when many of their games are advertised for online play
Shitty Treatment of "irrelevant" series going as far to refuse to let even studios they trust take a crack at a new entry (Star Fox F Zero Kid Icarus ect)

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included

Bald man makes funny comments about Ojou.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Negzana

Kaela and Calli Collab is about to happen and it already has delays kek

I wonder how this Collab will go. The more schizo/crazy collabed with Calli tend to be fun

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
This post made me think a bit more on that Tweet. Honestly, I am not a fan of Kson's content or decision-making skills. However, this just reminds me that she seems to be a genuinely kind person, from what we have heard from people around her, going back to her Coco days. I would not be surprised to hear Kson reached out to her after Sayu detailed what she went through. Credit where credit's due.

Kson, shine on you crazy diamond, you.
:talentfreedom:

Edit: words are hard
Love or hate her Kson is a massive saviorfag. There was the one 2view who she sent her old PC too when said 2view had some disaster or some such with her own? Something she never brought up, and that came to light only when said 2view brought it up. I would not at all be surprised at some point if vshojo slowly turns into Ksons home for broken girls.
Sometimes I think that's why so many people dislike her because at some level they realize she's doing what they all wish they could do. She is living the 'I can fix them' experience. Just a thought.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Now that all of them have streamed at least once since the announcement, did Bae and Kronii ever address about Magni and Vesper's graduation? I know Ame didn't (she streamed twice since the announcement).

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Love or hate her Kson is a massive saviorfag. There was the one 2view who she sent her old PC too when said 2view had some disaster or some such with her own? Something she never brought up, and that came to light only when said 2view brought it up. I would not at all be surprised at some point if vshojo slowly turns into Ksons home for broken girls.
Sometimes I think that's why so many people dislike her because at some level they realize she's doing what they all wish they could do. She is living the 'I can fix them' experience. Just a thought.
I think most of her issue is that of all the orgs/corpos out there she decided to latch on she chose the whore house hidden behind the gas station. Had she made a group herself and promote it from the start or pick literally anyone else instead the reception would be far more positive. Imagine if kson said, fuck it I'm taking tsunderia off of this retard CEO hands lets make tsunderia great again and hire pika and rushia in there, niggas will be wildin' as the youth says. At the end of the day I don't care that much about vshojo, they exist on twitch and I hope they stay contained there till they disband.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
speaking of kekson and vshitshow, someone on /t/ posted a gofile link with a rar file of the vshitshow concert (i didn't download it so i don't if it's the concert and not something else, so download it at your own risk).

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Pippa is going in on her family right now, and given how hard she going at it I think it's worth a general thread mention.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
L9⁰⁰
Pippa is going in on her family right now, and given how hard she going at it I think it's worth a general thread mention.

Huh, Jim aka Mr Metokur announces his return to streaming on the same day Pippa is literally streaming about the weather

What does she know bros

Negzana

Kson is a good person, always respected her. But she is a woman and has proven that she does need restrictions and boundaries to be at her best. She worked well in Hololive because she had to edge to the borderline of what's even allowed and be the odd one out doing insane shit with Marine or her own generation. It's a real shame what happened in Hololive because if not for the Taiwan incident she probably would have tolerated all of the baseline restrictions and still be around doing crazy antics. She might have also been able to tardwrangle Rushia away from her final yab.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Kiara's album - Point of View
The bonus for the physical cd is a Sparks metal remix.

Apparently Spotify is the most helpful place to listen to it:

Criticisms out of the way first. With five new songs, this is basically an EP. I understand the idea of including existing singles in an album, it's done all the time, but the five old songs feel more like a "vtuber character" side of the album, while some of the new songs were a bit more personal and the fit between them wasn't there. Taken as a whole work I feel it would be stronger with just the new songs.

The production and mixing is better than most Holosongs, and you can tell that Kiara had a lot of personal input. On a few short occasions the musical feel seems a tiny bit amateur, not in a fully negative way, but in a "not fully developed sound" way. Of course she's working with vocaloid producers and people who went pro mixing songs for YouTubers, so I get it, and this is a criticism of pretty much every Holosong. Lyrics are mostly good but if I had to nitpick, Monii has a tendency to carry a sentence between measures, which I get is a staple of lyric writing, but if done too much can make a song's natural rhythm and emphasis work against it.

The new songs can basically be divided into the singles that she took on as complete works, and the personal songs. In the first category are Pineapple and Sleep Talking.

Pineapple (lyrics)- This is the album's single and soon first MV, it's catchy, but if you pay attention there's not much substance to it. Just pure pop-music. Lyrics say nothing, and she said she had no input either, so there's really no meaning. Can you tell it's not my favorite? Still, it's a huge earworm, so it's well-done for what it is.

Sleep Talking (lyrics) - The kpop-style bop of the album. Musically, the "sleep talking" line and rhythm makes it work. I think it's a better song overall than Pineapple, has a bit more to the lyrics. Even though Kiara says she took the song and lyrics as a complete product, I do think there's a weird metaphor between Kiara's parasociality, her long streams into the evening, and the song about talking in your sleep.

The next three, Kiara said she got on a call with the lyricist, Monii, and specified what she wanted them to mean. And frankly, they're the better songs unless you really love kpop. Even musically I prefer them.

Love Rush (lyrics)- Very j-pop / idol. Not my favorite genre or style personally but it's done well for the genre. Lyrically, at first glance it's just a normal love song, but if you know Kiara literally every single line of this song reflects some kind of sentiment she's expressed on stream. As she said on her preview stream, "that was my love letter to you guys". Honestly, it's really cute. I was touched.

The Great Wanderer (lyrics)- Synthwave-adjacent electronic. I think Kiara's voice is really well-mixed here, giving it a presence in both the lower registers and the higher parts that she sometimes doesn't have. Kiara says this song is about vtubing, and the lyrical theme reminds me of the lyrics of Suisei's Ghost. I also feel a touch of normal loneliness, both hers in the past, and anyone who's felt the same. Musically it's fine, the only part I don't like is how it fades out, lacking an ending lyrically. Overall a good song that I liked.

Retrospective (lyrics)- Emo rock. The music has great moments soaring from lows to highs and from full sound to more minimal. Kiara also sings in a lower key which is a nice change of sound. This song is about struggling with her past failures and how self-doubt affects her. This... is basically a doxx song, which is a weird thing to say. Weird even for Kiara herself, who said it was "about... a friend". I'm happy and somewhat emotional she's confident enough to sing about this now.

If you haven't already blocked me for gushing over Orange Woman, go give Wanderer and Retrospective a listen.

Last edited:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Now that all of them have streamed at least once since the announcement, did Bae and Kronii ever address about Magni and Vesper's graduation? I know Ame didn't (she streamed twice since the announcement).
People sperged out to Calli and she told them to not even bring it up to the other girls if they don't bring it up first. Maybe the retards listened for once. :optimistic:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Kson as a Human being:Amazing,perhaps the most caring in the industry.

Kson as a Vtuber:Nigga please.
My problem is in the talks about vtubing she thinks her ideas are the only truth and you MUST listen to her shit opinions.

Top Bottom